shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I Found My White Whale-an 8.7 ct OEC Graduated Convertible Bracelet

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Two and a half years ago, I attended my very first antique jewelry show, NY JAWS. I had just gotten my first old cut diamond (piggy bank was empty) and was just comparison shopping. It was not my intention to buy.

Of course, I found a gorgeous 5 ct graduated bezel set OEC bracelet. I really wanted it, but I was determined to be disciplined...Well, I didn’t buy the bracelet at the show and I found out it sold the next day. Since then, I have discovered that bezel set old cut diamond bracelets are hard to come by-especially the graduated ones.

After an extensive search and several misses, I gave up hope. Then in December, I posted about the JAWs bracelet on the "pieces that got away" thread here and lo and behold, this bracelet popped up 11 days later. This time, I jumped on it-like no deliberation at all!

Here is my White Whale bracelet…

IMG_7084.jpg

The center bezel is 6.7 mm in diameter

IMG_7300.jpg

Fancy stack

IMG_7693.jpg

I wear my box set OEC bracelet on the daily and wasn't sure 100% that I could justify two OEC bracelets. I started playing around and the wheels were turning...

IMG_7082 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7693.jpg
    IMG_7693.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyyy congrats!!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

The bracelet was a little snug so I determined that I would change the clasp.

IMG_7486.jpg

Also, I wanted to make the bracelet more versatile. I set about trying to come up with a creative solution. Luckily, I had this convertible bracelet in my inspo file.

IMG_6154.JPG

First, I decided that I wanted a barrel type clasp versus a lobster clasp. This is the best white gold finding that I could procure quickly.

IMG_7721.jpg

I then ordered a few different tester chains to pair with the bracelet. The smallest bezel measures 3.5 mm. I settled upon a 3 mm white gold ball chain. I actually searched for anklets because I only needed 9 to 10" in length!

Here's the end result:

IMG_7662 (1).jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

I am SUPER excited that I was able to make the conversion work. I've increased my CPW (cost per wear) by two-fold! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s stunning and extra wonderful that it is dual purpose.
enjoy enjoy enjoy

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece and love the dual versatility! You did very well!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing piece!! Very happy that you were able to find it!! And yassss to #winning in the ‘cpw’ aspect!! Did I already say how amazing it is?? Love love love it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner! And I've never come across a bracelet like this - what a find!!

Congratulations!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Not only is it the perfect bracelet, it’s also the perfect necklace!!

It’s amazing that you managed to find a similar bracelet again, and cannot believe how great the conversion turned out! :kiss2:

Thank you for sharing the conversion process with us. I reckon you’ve started a trend for… bracelaces(?) :geek2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blown away that this came back to you. It’s a stunning bracelet & I love the conversion option too! :kiss2:

Congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meant to be @lulu_ma !!!
Wear your gorgeous bracelet good health and bling joy!:love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful conversion necklace! All of your pieces are stunning!

I love the conversion idea!! It’s such an amazing way to get more wear out of the piece. Love it!!

And it’s gorgeous - both ways! So happy for you that you found the one that got away :kiss2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! A truly unique and gorgeous piece.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
You've got me wanting a bracelet like this too @lulu_ma .

I love the necklace conversion. It's beautiful!

Just like @maryjane04 I would love to have a big ctw graduated bracelet like your white whale!! It has so much presence and the proportions are perfect as a necklace too!

Count that as a third person haha who now also wants one of these. Oh so beautiful! So rare! So jelly over here. :lol:

What can I say- @maryjane04 @oldcutclubmember @Mreader- you are my very favorite enablers!

AND, you know that when you are ready, I will help spend money search for your own bracelets! :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

#blingfriendsarethebestfriends

Last edited:

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Wow. What a great idea! It looks fabulous both ways!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two and a half years ago, I attended my very first antique jewelry show, NY JAWS. I had just gotten my first old cut diamond (piggy bank was empty) and was just comparison shopping. It was not my intention to buy.

Of course, I found a gorgeous 5 ct graduated bezel set OEC bracelet. I really wanted it, but I was determined to be disciplined...Well, I didn’t buy the bracelet at the show and I found out it sold the next day. Since then, I have discovered that bezel set old cut diamond bracelets are hard to come by-especially the graduated ones.

After an extensive search and several misses, I gave up hope. Then in December, I posted about the JAWs bracelet on the "pieces that got away" thread here and lo and behold, this bracelet popped up 11 days later. This time, I jumped on it-like no deliberation at all!

Here is my White Whale bracelet…

IMG_7084.jpg

The center bezel is 6.7 mm in diameter

IMG_7300.jpg

Fancy stack

IMG_7693.jpg

I wear my box set OEC bracelet on the daily and wasn't sure 100% that I could justify two OEC bracelets. I started playing around and the wheels were turning...

IMG_7082 (1).jpg
That is gorgeous! I love the conversion!!! Can't go wrong either way!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Side by side comparison of the piece that got away versus the piece I got:

(gah-feeling quite pasty right now!)

346CC701-8D9B-4085-A3E0-B87DD5E804D5.JPG

Last edited:

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Side by side comparison of the piece that got away versus the piece I got:

(gah-feeling quite pasty right now!)

346CC701-8D9B-4085-A3E0-B87DD5E804D5.JPG

I adore the one you now have, sooo elegant, yet a piece you can easily wear with everything :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and it is beautiful!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing in every way! Enjoy!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it's an absolutely beautiful bracelet and the whole conversion to a necklace idea and execution is fabulous! Congrats!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is just stupendous!! What an incredible find (and kismet that you found not one but two of these rarities!)!! And your conversion is nothing short of genius!! I love you CPW rationale too!! Well done!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful and I love that it will do double duty for you!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already fawned on IG, and I'm here to fawn on PS! so creative!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

STUNNING!!! PS'ers find the BEST stuff!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results