shape
carat
color
clarity

I am sad and upset.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Hikerchick, *hugs* to you, I know how stressful the feeling of your ring not being perfect can be. I just wanted to tell you- I had a not-so-stellar workmanship experience with WF a couple of years ago, but everything worked out great in the end- I had a ring I already owned remade by them in platinum. I almost obsessively stressed during the process that I wanted it to look exactly the same and was reassured repeatedly that it would; when I got the ring, some major design elements had been changed. I was so upset, cried, couldn''t sleep. Add to that, I am in Japan so shipping was a hassle and complicated things. It took me a few days to get the guts to says something, but it only took one email for them to bend over backwards to help me. I emailed my rep and told her specifically why I wasn''t happy- the workmanship in my case was perfect, but the design was significantly different from what I had ordered; she told me to send it back and they remade it at no charge, no questions asked, she was very kind and supportive about it (which is why I am surprised your rep said there is nothing wrong with your ring). I paid for shipping back to them just out of convenience (I am sure they would have paid it if I''d asked), but they re-shipped the finished product to me for free. When I got the final product, there were a few workmanship concerns (I think they rushed the remake a bit because the first one had taken so long); I never said anything because I was tired of the whole process by that point but I am sure they would have fixed it for me had I asked (I ended up sending it to Wink Jones to clean up, his benchman did a marvelous job). Two years later my ring is still perfect and evern though the process was stressful at times, I am glad I went through Whiteflash and am thrilled with my ring. Bottom line, I have no doubt that there may be something wrong with your ring, but in my experience Whiteflash will do everything in their power to make it right if a mistake was made. In my opinion everyone makes mistakes, it''s how they go about fixing them that matters, and I feel that Whiteflash showed integrity and wonderful customer service in my situation. Hopefully yours will work out too!!!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:55:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Hikerchick,

Girl, don''t feel bad. I don''t think you were trying to intentially hurt WF and let''s face it, most of us would be totally freaking out right now under the same circumstance. looks like the mods changed the title to one that''s much better. Please don''t be afraid to vent away. i really do believe though that it all going to work out. WF will fix it if there is a problem, have no doubt about that.

Great. I asked them to change it for me. Glad they could.

BTW, the pictures were emailed to me but I forwarded those to my BF and respected his wishes and didn''t take a look at them . . . I promised him, gave him my word and this has really tested my ability to keep my word . . . don''t know if I will make it to the end of the day not looking at them though.

BF didn''t see anything in the pictures that put up red flags so maybe I can take some hope in the fact that it isn''t a mangled mess but issues more subtle than that.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:59:04 PM
Author: solange
You might email the moderator and ask if there is any way of either deleting the thread or at least changing the title.

I realize that, in your frustation, you rushed to do something you may now regret. I have done this many times. I do think that you put Whiteflash in a difficult situation by posting first and then calling to discuss the matter with them when you had not seen the ring.

I am sure they have a deservedly excellent reputation here because they are reliable and that once your problem is properly addressed, it will be resolved.

I called them first BEFORE I posted. My rep was in a meeting and in the waiting time between my call and the meeting, I just couldn''t take it anymore (I had not slept well last night) and posted, just to clarify that I DID call them first and I didn''t post yesterday when I heard about all this . . . I just needed some support, which I have gotten here and I am feeling a little better after having you guys all reassure me, it will be okay.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:59:31 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
I''m curious, how did it come into conversation with the sales rep that you had posted on here about the ring?

About half way through the conversation
He said "OH, And I SEE you have posted on Pricescope about this"
And I said, "Excuse me?"
He repeated himself and
I said "Yes, I did . . . I felt I needed some support and advice from the place I initially heard about you. Pricescope was the reason I bought from Whiteflash and I felt I needed their support"
And the convo went on from there.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
hikerchick,

Just wanted to say that I feel for you. I''m sure you were very excited about ring and are now very disappointed that it has problems. I can''t imagine that your BF would be pulling your leg about this, especially when he knows how upset you are. That just isn''t logical. I also don''t think you should feel bad about starting this thread because you obviously needed to vent. I really wish your BF would let YOU see the ring. It''s hard to talk intelligently about something you haven''t seen. Even Whiteflash can''t be infalllible so once in a great while something may not be up to snuff. Unfortunately, you were one of those times. I have dealt with WF three times and had good experiences. They do have such a great reputation, I''m sure they will make everything right. I''m sure everything will work out but I can certainly imagine how you feel.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it seems 'true' value of engagement rings seem to be their sentimental value (or so we've been told
2.gif
) so I think it's understandable that you have keyed up emotions and are reacting strongly to this, especially if you have essentially given your boyfriend a personal 'guarantee' that he has said the ring does not measure up to.

I absolutely understand why you are upset. The good news is that either WF will come to the rescue and fix everything if there is something wrong with it (I have witnessed this on these boards, I am very impressed with their dedication to customer service), or if your boyfriend is pulling your leg and the ring is perfect, you can take him out behind the garage and beat him senseless. Then he'll know not to try anything like this again. Ever. It's a win-win situation.

It looks like the Amin has changed the topic title, so that's taken care of as well.

(If this makes you feel any better, my boyfriend decided to 'throw me off' by saying he got into a car accident and the repairs ate his ring fund. I became so upset at the prospect of going into debt for a ring that I told him to just forget about proposing or a getting an e-ring, we'd just get married without it. Then we kept running into people who knew about the proposal plan, and I had to explain why we aren't engaged.
20.gif
My point is it could be worse!)

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
Hickerchick- Get real. You haven''t seen the ring in person and you won''t look at the pictures that Whiteflash sent you but you don''t have a problem coming here and crying and slamming the vendor. Grow up before you think about getting married.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:08:11 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 1/25/2007 1:59:31 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
I''m curious, how did it come into conversation with the sales rep that you had posted on here about the ring?

About half way through the conversation
He said ''OH, And I SEE you have posted on Pricescope about this''
And I said, ''Excuse me?''
He repeated himself and
I said ''Yes, I did . . . I felt I needed some support and advice from the place I initially heard about you. Pricescope was the reason I bought from Whiteflash and I felt I needed their support''
And the convo went on from there.
Maybe the sales rep is panicking a little bit? This forum is very well read and I guess he might be thinking he could be in some trouble over this?

Maisie

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:10:16 PM
Author: Odinsmom
Hickerchick- Get real. You haven''t seen the ring in person and you won''t look at the pictures that Whiteflash sent you but you don''t have a problem coming here and crying and slamming the vendor. Grow up before you think about getting married.

Oh dear.
40.gif
This isn''t going to help.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock

Woah. There is no need for a personal attack.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:09:32 PM
Author: Galateia
if your boyfriend is pulling your leg and the ring is perfect, you can take him out behind the garage and beat him senseless. Then he''ll know not to try anything like this again. Ever. It''s a win-win situation.

And after I beat him, I''d ship him to Houston so they would send HIM back with some dents.
He woke up multiple times last night and asked me why I wasn''t asleep yet, so he knows I am TERRIBLY upset and would hope that even if it started as a joke, he wouldn''t allow me to be this upset . . . I am certain there has to be an issue. I will let him talk to them directly tonight and report back what happens.

THANK YOU all for letting me vent. I don''t know how much worse my day would have been without all your hugs and support.
BTW, I have been recommending WF left and right online to PS posters, so I don''t have anything against them and I am sure this will all be fixed soon.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
That''s not very nice.
7.gif
38.gif

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
Why, because I don''t go along with her hyteria over something that she can''t even confirm is a problem? Same as Harriet who came on half baked screaming about the vendor when the vendor bent over backwards to help her. Work with the vendor BEFORE slamming them on a forum. It''s the right, fair thing to do.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for your helpful post.

E B

Ideal_Rock

How about you GET LOST and come back when you can be of some help to someone?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:16:28 PM
Anonymous Wrote:
Why, because I don''t go along with her hyteria over something that she can''t even confirm is a problem? Same as Harriet who came on half baked screaming about the vendor when the vendor bent over backwards to help her. Work with the vendor BEFORE slamming them on a forum. It''s the right, fair thing to do.

Wow, you sound like a really NICE person.
23.gif

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I think I might be the only one being helpful. Several others had suggested looking at the pictures Whiteflash sent but Hikerchick ignored the requests for awhile until responding she promised boyfriend not to look at them Why not promise boyfriend to chill out and klet him handle the problem like he intends to do.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Anonymous Wrote:
Please stop being inappriopriate!

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I define inappropriate as slamming a vendor with nothing to go on but boyfriends description of problem Sounds like she''s not even sure he''s not just teasing her by telling her there''s a problem.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:20:35 PM
Anonymous Wrote:
I think I might be the only one being helpful. Several others had suggested looking at the pictures Whiteflash sent but Hikerchick ignored the requests for awhile until responding she promised boyfriend not to look at them Why not promise boyfriend to chill out and klet him handle the problem like he intends to do.
I might be a bit dim here but how can you post if you aren''t a member?

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:22:31 PM
Anonymous Wrote:
I define inappropriate as slamming a vendor with nothing to go on but boyfriends description of problem Sounds like she''s not even sure he''s not just teasing her by telling her there''s a problem.
Honestly though if you have such a grave problem with this thread you have spread your dissent. No need to rub salt!

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I''m a member. Not sure why it started coming up anonymous. It didn''t originally.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know you can come here and voice your opinion. Its not nice to come and be harsh to someone who is genuinely upset.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anonymous Wrote:

well, there are better ways to defend the slamming of a vendor than personal attacks and slamming of the member.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anonymous Wrote:
i think now that the title of this thread is changed to something more appropirate, and better represents the ENTIRE situation, there is no need to make the op feel worse about feeling the need to vent. i really don''t think it was her intention to slam wf, she just needed to let go of the mountain of feelings welling up inside. this whole process can be extremely emotionally taxing and sometimes you need to just let it go. i know hikerchick was not trying to be malicious. i am still convinced this will all work out.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Anonymous Wrote:
I define inappropriate as slamming a vendor with nothing to go on but boyfriends description of problem Sounds like she's not even sure he's not just teasing her by telling her there's a problem.

slam

3. Informal. to criticize harshly; attack verbally

I didn't see that she "slammed" WF at all. She was just upset and needed us to reassure her that things would turn out okay.

In fact, I think the maturity lacks in someone who'd jump to using a word like "slammed" to describe what the OP did, when in fact she only voiced her concern.

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I have no doubts that Whiteflask will work this out for them. I have done three transactions with them including custom design work. They are terrific to work with when given the chance.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Please everybody who would like to participate here remember the Rules.
One of them - no personal attacks, another - post only first hand experience.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hikerchick,

First, please accept our apologies if anything said this morning upset you. I believe your sales rep was trying to reassure you. I am sincerely sorry that it came off as dismissive. It may help to know that the reason he asked about Pricescope is because John Pollard, who normally checks the forums, is in a series of workshops this week. We want to be sure to give attention to your concerns here as well as in private.

Please do not think you have made any trouble by posting. We are interested in all feedback; particularly if it can help us sharpen our skills. We value you as a customer and hope to ease your concerns as soon as possible.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

fatkid

Rough_Rock

What Odinsmom is saying might sting -- but I have to agree. Confirm the problem, no matter how much you trust your bf, diamonds/rings in generally are really subjective especially for guys who are laisse faire about it.

-r.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results