shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Husband#1.. Engagement ring#3.. Seven carat emerald cut :-)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Husband#1.. Engagement ring#3.. Seven carat emerald cut

Please forgive me for bumping this thread! Your ring is gorgeous! You should wear it always :) :love: Just blind everyone with our stone and they will never notice what you are wearing! ;-)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:wavey: Thanks Scandinavian! Your ring is absolute stunning as well! :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohhh, I missed your pair of beautiful ruby Schlumberger rings! :love: Beautiful!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much DS2006. :wavey:
I was trawling Ebay for a long time to find a mate to the first Schlumberger ring.
Felt so lucky to find it! :love: :love:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Goodness me Rubies 4 me! Your collection is quite fabulous, am enamored with the whole thing! :appl: You are fortunate woman to have found your perfect mate and stayed together all this time. Even better that he understands your passion for jewelry. It is so kind of you to have shared your pear with your MIL, I am sure she thinks of how generous both of you are each time she wears it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1364991994|3419213 said:
Hi Loriken, Tuckins, NYCsparkle, Derbygal,Canukgal and Plainjane.
Thanks for the sweet compliments! Shared bling is happier bling! :D
Sharon.. I just LOVE Cartier rings as well. I went into Manhattan last week and brought some rings in for polishing.. so I breathed in the Cartier air.. as well as used their lovely restroom and enjoyed their bottled water! I could look at them for hours.
I don't love their website though.. too much "flash" going on. :confused: Tiffany has a much more low tech more user friendly site.

Rubies--when you go to Cartier for ring servicing; do they ask for your original documents? What if they are Estate pieces? Incidentally, how long does it take for polishing?

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi cokitty!
Yes.. I do feel so blessed to have such a sweet and generous hubs. And as I always say.. its really who HE is the luckiest guy in the world! :lol: Thank you so much for your kind compliments. :wavey:
Hi Sharon!
I have made all the rounds to Cartier, Tiffany and Bulgari service centers to have second hand pieces polished or sized and they have never asked me for original paperwork. Polishing at all three is always free.. sizing balls put in at Tiffany is very reasonable.. usually around $50. :dance:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1454428716|3985628 said:
Hi cokitty!
Yes.. I do feel so blessed to have such a sweet and generous hubs. And as I always say.. its really who HE is the luckiest guy in the world! :lol: Thank you so much for your kind compliments. :wavey:
Hi Sharon!
I have made all the rounds to Cartier, Tiffany and Bulgari service centers to have second hand pieces polished or sized and they have never asked me for original paperwork. Polishing at all three is always free.. sizing balls put in at Tiffany is very reasonable.. usually around $50. :dance:

The service centers are at every location--or just flagships?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do think that the service centers in other cities besides NYC send everything out to the New York flagship store for any work to be done.. even polishing. I'm not 100% sure about that though.. I wish I could be more helpful. :oops:
I think the stores in other cities used to do more in their stores but I got the feeling that their staffs were
cut so now they don't have anyone in store who can do anything but sell. :|

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1454429196|3985632 said:
I do think that the service centers in other cities besides NYC send everything out to the New York flagship store for any work to be done.. even polishing. I'm not 100% sure about that though.. I wish I could be more helpful. :oops:
I think the stores in other cities used to do more in their stores but I got the feeling that their staffs were
cut so now they don't have anyone in store who can do anything but sell. :|

I think you are correct--I've gotten that impression also. (I just always seem to be buying, not needing repairs! But now I do want my rings polished....)

Thanks Rubies!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: Sharon.. Time to pack up all your finery and plan a trip to NYC for some Broadway shows and jewelry polishing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1454430597|3985644 said:
:lol: Sharon.. Time to pack up all your finery and plan a trip to NYC for some Broadway shows and jewelry polishing!

Not with our present Canadian $$ exchange--so I think Vancouver is more likely!

But thanks for the suggestion! :bigsmile: We should meet there, you could great some great, loot! :appl: :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh.. so true about the exchange rate!
Our daughter just visited a friend in Montreal and stocked up on Lululemon.. it was so much less there than here.
Ahh.. one day when our exchange rates equalize again wouldn't it be so fun to meet and have a jewelry-fest on 5th Avenue!
You

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

RubiesRMe are you in NYC?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In the 'burbs.. on Long Island. You?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1454458311|3985901 said:
In the 'burbs.. on Long Island. You?
Northern NJ. We should have a get together.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wouldn't that be fun. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock

Wow, RubiesRMe, your ring is gorgeous!!! :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Tarrotka!
Thanks so much for the compliment! :love: LOVE your halo'd cushion beauty too!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is SUCH an AWESOME POST and such and AMAAAZZZZING EC, Rubies-R-Me, I'm so glad I came across it again!!! I'm wondering if you would share the dimensions for those of us who aspire to someday have something like this!
They say that emerald cuts show body tint quite a bit more than brilliant cuts do because it is not possible to mask the color with brilliance and fire, and that the larger the stone, the more you see the body color. I'd love to know how you feel about that in your spectacular L-color EC!
Thank you so much!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww... thank you so much Blingalingaling! Your post was so sweet.
I just checked the appraisal and it's actually
6.97 carats
14.15mm length
9.30mm width
5.80 depth
L color SI3 clarity (there is a poofy spot hidden in a corner)
The L color never bothered me because in most lights it looks great. It's just when it's dusky out that it looks yellow-ish. I also knew that if it was a finer stone it would have never fit in my budget so I felt than and now that I was super lucky to find it. Thanks Gross Jewelers in Garden City!
It was such a surprise to reread the first post and that it was for my 40th birthday. That's 15 years ago already.
Geez.. time sure does fly!
P.S. I absolutely :love:LOVE:love: the way your pear is set. I have a 2.86 pear just gathering dust in the vault. I had given it to my MIL 15 years ago when I got this new EC ring and she wore it for a few years and enjoyed it. However.. she is in her 90s now and she felt she didn't need it anymore so gave it back to me.
Thanks again! Have a great night!:wavey:

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW!!! So gorgeous!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Fioratura!:wavey:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, Rubies-R-Me! I feel a particular kinship to you, because Gross Jewelers is where I got my pear (I'm also a Long Islander)! The setting was done by Steven Kirsch in N.Y.C.! Both very talented and wonderful people to deal with and whom I highly recommend!
Thank you for the compliment! Pears are "back in" now, but I've always loved them. I'm a pears and emeralds girl, even though they are two completely different animals!
Would you consider resetting your pear? Maybe that would revitalize it for you and you'd feel like taking it out and wearing it more often!
Thank you for sharing the specs on your EC stone. I'm just in awe of it! You are very fortunate to have become the owner of such a beauty!
IRL, people don't generally discuss the color of their stone and it's not something you would ask of someone if you wanted to know. But it's wonderful that here at Pricescope, we openly talk about that. Thank you, again, for sharing. It makes me feel more confident that, if ever an L-color stone turned up in my world, that just might be the way to go if I wanted to achieve a look at a price that I could afford.
Thanks so much! Enjoy your collection of lovely, elegant pieces and wear them in the best of health! <3

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's such a funny coincidence that you know Gross Jewelers my fellow Long Islander:love:!!
They are wonderful people.. so easy to deal with and so honest.
I have heard that pears are back! :appl: I knew they would be someday. Trends always seem to go 'round in circles.
My pear is currently set in a traditional setting with tapered baguettes. I will post a picture of it. IMG_8482.JPG IMG_8477.JPG
Your setting is perfection. :love:LOVE the halo and :love:LOVE the split shank! It looks HUGE.
I agree that most people who see and compliment my ring have no idea about color in a stone. I always thank them and say that it's an impressive stone but not particularly a fine stone which I think describes it perfectly.
Love that PS has fellow connoisseurs that we can share the finer points of our finery with.:D

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG that is a beautiful stone. I love the plain setting, and the l:w ratio. It is STUNNING on your hand!

P.S. thank you to whoever bumped this thread!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Thank you for the sweet compliments metall!!:love:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, that emerald cut is eye-popping. I couldn't wear it ; I'd spend the entire day looking at my hand and nothing would get done lol.

I've noticed a lot of ladies our age seem to have pear rings (I have one myself). I knew they'd come back eventually and it appears that they have. Pun intended.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa, that emerald cut is eye-popping. I couldn't wear it ; I'd spend the entire day looking at my hand and nothing would get done lol.

I've noticed a lot of ladies our age seem to have pear rings (I have one myself). I knew they'd come back eventually and it appears that they have. Pun intended.

I KNOW RIGHT??? I'd get zero work done!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww.. thanks Doberman! Yes.. I agree that many pears are owned by lady's who got married in the late 80s early 90s. They were all the rage then and are coming back now.. how nice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results