shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Husband#1.. Engagement ring#3.. Seven carat emerald cut :-)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I had just posted for the first time on the rocky talk board and some kind posters thought I might post a thread on this one as well.
Here is the back story..
This is a picture of my current engagement ring. It's 7 carats and my finger size is a 4. This is my third engagement ring... same sweet and generous husband though! My first was a 1 carat round.. my second was a 3 carat pear and then this is my current one. My dream gift when I turned 40 was to get a really big honker.. and that's just what I got. When I first got it 10 years ago I wore it everyday for about a year. Then slowly I started taking it out only for dinners out and fancy parties.. then soon it was just for fancy parties. It's honestly just a bit too gaudy for everyday... too much for the supermarket! LOL
I absolutely don't regret getting the ring.. I still love to take it out and try it on just for fun and when I do wear it I always get lots of compliments. We have 3 daughters so one day it will go to a very happy girl
It's stats are L color and SI3. It's funny.. in most lights the stone doesn't look yellow at all. It's only at dusk that it takes on a yellowish cast. The inclusion is visible with your naked eye but you really have to look for it. It's in the corner and it's well hidden.
I wear it on my left hand with two bands.. a thin antique ruby band as a spacer and a baguette and round wedding ring.
Thanks for sharing! It's fun to be a lurker AND a poster! :)

photo-22.JPG

photo-23.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Husband#1.. Engagement ring#3.. Seven carat emerald cut

WOW, now that's a HONKING HUGE diamond :o Beautiful but I don't think it would get much wear if it were mine.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful emerald cut!! Where did you find such a deliciously huge rock?! :love: I love the setting too, very classic.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

AI YI YI!!! now *THAT's* a ring!!! Holy cow Sleep7!!

Congrats on the birthday - and the #1 husband - he's a keeper to give you something like that little sparkler :naughty: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

Its gorgeous and I love your bands!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. It is beautiful.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

It looks like a beautiful EC! :love: I think that it's a shame though that you don't wear it more. Life is too short to keep it locked away, you need to rock that bling!! Of course, if it still makes you uncomfortable, I could send you my address! :naughty:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much! I had looked for a ring for about 6 months before I found this one. I researched a few rings that I had found on Ebay. I only was interested in rings that I could see in person.. I would not have felt comfortable buying something sight unseen. I live in New York so there were a few ones that I was able to see. One was a K color that looked way yellower than this one and one was too big (9 carats) and too expensive. When it came closer to my birthday I called my favorite jeweler on Long Island (Gross Jewelers in Garden City) and told the owner what I was looking for. In a week he had found this ring. It was a jeweler's wife's ring and she wanted to sell it. She sold it.. I bought it and the rest was happy history. They sized it from a size 9 to a 4. I gave my mother in law my 3 carat pear ring and she wears that and enjoys it. I was happy to pass it along.
P.S. yes.. the husband is a keeper!! sweetsweetsweet!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sleep7|1338419306|3206411 said:
Thanks so much! I had looked for a ring for about 6 months before I found this one. I researched a few rings that I had found on Ebay. I only was interested in rings that I could see in person.. I would not have felt comfortable buying something sight unseen. I live in New York so there were a few ones that I was able to see. One was a K color that looked way yellower than this one and one was too big (9 carats) and too expensive. When it came closer to my birthday I called my favorite jeweler on Long Island (Gross Jewelers in Garden City) and told the owner what I was looking for. In a week he had found this ring. It was a jeweler's wife's ring and she wanted to sell it. She sold it.. I bought it and the rest was happy history. They sized it from a size 9 to a 4. I gave my mother in law my 3 carat pear ring and she wears that and enjoys it. I was happy to pass it along.
P.S. yes.. the husband is a keeper!! sweetsweetsweet!

Wow, can I be your mother-in-law? :lol: How sweet of you.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Oh, I just love it! :love: I'd love to see more photos of it from the the view you see when it's on your hand. Great husband! :bigsmile:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes.. I thought it was a nice idea to pass the pear ring along. My girls were little at the time and it made my husband happy to give his mom such a nice gift.
Sometimes I think I might want to size down to a smaller round stone that is a much better color and quality.. However when I do put this ring on I always change my mind.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock

Enerchi|1338418752|3206404 said:
AI YI YI!!! now *THAT's* a ring!!! Holy cow Sleep7!!

Congrats on the birthday - and the #1 husband - he's a keeper to give you something like that little sparkler :naughty: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

Its gorgeous and I love your bands!

This! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow, that's some ring! It is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing. You are a lucky lady and your hubby obviously feels lucky to be married to you!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sleep7 - I think you just started a new infusion of the virus -" DSS "! Even though there are a TON of gorgeous rings rocked by a lot of the lovely PSer's here ---- I think you just upped the game!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh.. thanks for all the kind words.. so fun to share!
I am posting two other rings I have.. both eternity bands.
The first is a 12 carat tw emerald cut band. Each stone is .80 carats. This ring is the opposite of the big ring. The stones are of very fine color and clarity. The ring has very pretty heart shaped prongs.. I don't know if you can see that in the picture. I got it 2 years ago for our 20th anniversary.
The second ring is a Cartier "Nigeria" ring. I bought it second hand from Ebay.

photo-25.JPG

photo-24.JPG

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous! Congrats! Beautiful cut and you can't tell it's an L!!! And wow that emerald eternity!! :love: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stop it! you are killing me!!

*jaw drops to floor*

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful set of rings! Can we see a close up view of the 7 ct emerald cut ring and a side profile pic please? Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: Oh my goodness!! :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sure.. I can't take the pics until tomorrow because it's dark here now and the pics are better with natural light. I am actually using my iphone to take them!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! Lovely rings and your husband is definitely a keeper!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm sorry ... i can't seem to focus on anything but the EC eternity ring & the story about the pear going to a MIL. Fantastic!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

so…. since you're not wearing them that often, can I help keep them warm? :love: :love: :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Holy mother of freaking blingtasticness!!!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

WOW! I absolutely love your new 7 CARAT emerald cut engagement ring. The emerald cut eternity band is stunning, also! You have a very amazing collection. :love:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

More photos with your hand oriented N/S? Lots more photos...

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

WOW! You have a royal collection!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
More pictures please!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

What an amazing collection! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Wow, beautiful collection!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock

Wowza! Stunning rings!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That ring is so freakin' gorgeous :love: :love: :love: Totally amazing!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results