shape
carat
color
clarity

Humor Me - 32 or 34 inch DBTY??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOT, the more I think about this whole messed up situation the angrier I get. It is so unfair and I am shocked they are behaving this way. They promised PS standard eyeclean ideal cut stones and that is exactly what you should have received. No less. I cannot believe they are backtracking now and saying that you will always see the inclusions in uncerted SI stones. They should have not lied before you ordered the necklace then because you would not have ordered it with that disclosure. In fact, I doubt any PSer would order a DBTY being told you would see the inclusions. :angryfire:

Sending out hugs and support to you and I hope that somehow they come through despite what has occurred up to this unfortunate point. Again, I'm so sorry and feel partly responsible because I was a cheerleader for their DBTY. :((

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
missy|1357995473|3353732 said:
HOT, the more I think about this whole messed up situation the angrier I get. It is so unfair and I am shocked they are behaving this way. They promised PS standard eyeclean ideal cut stones and that is exactly what you should have received. No less. I cannot believe they are backtracking now and saying that you will always see the inclusions in uncerted SI stones. They should have not lied before you ordered the necklace then because you would not have ordered it with that disclosure. In fact, I doubt any PSer would order a DBTY being told you would see the inclusions. :angryfire:

Sending out hugs and support to you and I hope that somehow they come through despite what has occurred up to this unfortunate point. Again, I'm so sorry and feel partly responsible because I was a cheerleader for their DBTY. :((

Oh missy please don't feel that way! I have wanted one for a long time and more than likely would have gone with them anyway. :))

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Dear HOT, thank you for sharinf in depth your story. I can see the inclusions so clearly in your pictures that never in a milions years would I have guessed these are 'pricescope ideal cut eye clean diamonds' from IDJ. There are fair number of people here on PS with pieces contaiining 0.20 pointers and up from them and they are all sparkly white and clean (just remember all these gorgeous eternity rings, one from Dandiandi comes to mind when thinking of 0.20 pointers..) so I really dont understand how ina world they could send you these included stones, and stating that their diamonds would not be eye clean AFTER the sale.:angryfire: :angryfire:

I was playing with the thought of ordering from them in a future, but now I see it is too dangerous to trust about their diamond quality, being also out of the States and not being able to return refund the item or/and taxes...

I also think it is better to return the necklace, eat up 400$ taxes loss and start from the scratch.. Good luck for you for whatever you decide and most importantly, so that you are happy! Big hugs!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Efriede, I hadn't thought about looking at other pieces with 20 pointers, I think I will have a look and see what their quality is like compared to mine.

I don't think some vendors understand the risk / hassle it causes when something like this happens for people out of the US. 'oh yeah just send it back to us!' it's just not that easy. This experience will make me think carefully before I buy anything else again.

I went through my emails just to double check exactly what it was that Luann stated the diamonds would be. "our diaomnd are all FG SI ideal cuts 100% naked eye clean." This was after I voiced my concern about the quality and she assured me they would make it perfect. :nono:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is important even though I hate it for you, because a few others have expressed their own disappointment with pieces. I think people sometimes are afraid to do that when a lot of people are on a bandwagon and excited about a certain vendor. But when we know these things, we can better decide who we want to work with. You really only knew of one other problem, so I can see why you felt you could proceed since you were outright told that the diamonds would be totally eyeclean!!! And I agree that the size of the stones is irrelevant when you were told they would be eyeclean!

The thing that makes me mad is now for them to be saying you'd have to pay extra for eyeclean stones! That is totally unacceptable. :nono:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DS. I know there have been a lot of people jumping on the IDJ bandwagon in this last year but since I made my first purchase with them back in 2010 and I have sent friends and family there over the past few years I thought that they would look after me and at the very least, deliver what they had promised.

I originally didn't want to bring this out on PS and just have it dealt with off the boards but I guess it is a good thing if it stops this from happening again and I am glad to see that people feel it is unreasonable to have to pay extra to get what I want, because that's probably what I would have ended up doing if it wasn't for everyone's opinions.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Any updates on this? I hope things get worked out so that you are happy.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry that the diamonds do not work out for you. Hope the problem can be satifactorily resolved soon.

Originally, I was waiting anxiously for your SMTB thread. I wanted to hear about the fit and details (eg., placement of first diamonds near neck, diamond sapcing, overall length, and etc.). From your photos, I can tell the necklace is well made, and its size (width) is proportional to your diamonds.

I saw IDJ diamonds (10x0.20ct huggies) in person and compared them with the (0.15ct) ACA melees in my bracelet. Don't recall seeing any clarity issue (maybe I am too blind), but I chose Whiteflash mainly because I am very picky about cut. My sister is happy with her IDJ huggies, because the price is good and the diamonds are sparkling enough for her.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry; I hope they fix the problem soon.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
orbaya|1358359711|3356980 said:
Any updates on this? I hope things get worked out so that you are happy.

I second Orbaya. I hope you found good solution..

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Boy, am I glad I read this thread. I too chatted with Luann at IDJ about buying DBTY. Whoa, that was close! Thanks for sharing your experience.

And I so hope they resolve your issues HOT, and to your complete satisfaction.

All the best,
Elizabeth

justginger

Ideal_Rock
ElizabethR|1358657307|3360126 said:
Boy, am I glad I read this thread. I too chatted with Luann at IDJ about buying DBTY. Whoa, that was close! Thanks for sharing your experience.

All the best,
Elizabeth

THIS is why IDJ should have taken your order very seriously, HOT, and made damn sure it was done properly. In addition to the international shipping and GST issues with returns/exchanges, they should have been well aware that as this was the project you put your PS gift towards, there would be an awful lot of eyes on the final product. If one or two people have posted they have changed their minds about this product, there are at least another dozen lurkers who have already done the same thing. Not to mention the fact this will stay archived indefinitely, for everyone else who searches for IDJ DBTY on PS. :rolleyes:

Any updates?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1358685172|3360213 said:

All the best,
Elizabeth

THIS is why IDJ should have taken your order very seriously, HOT, and made damn sure it was done properly. In addition to the international shipping and GST issues with returns/exchanges, they should have been well aware that as this was the project you put your PS gift towards, there would be an awful lot of eyes on the final product. If one or two people have posted they have changed their minds about this product, there are at least another dozen lurkers who have already done the same thing. Not to mention the fact this will stay archived indefinitely, for everyone else who searches for IDJ DBTY on PS. :rolleyes:

Any updates?

I'm perplexed by this whole thing because as Justginger said, everyone would be waiting in anticipation to see what you did with your PS gift. I do have to say that I hadn't really considered IDJ for the studs I'm planning to buy and already have two other vendors in mind, but at times when people have said they've been happy with IDJ, I've wondered if they'd be okay for other jewerly. There is absolutely NO WAY I would buy from them now.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
MC|1358714889|3360426 said:
justginger|1358685172|3360213 said:

All the best,
Elizabeth

Any updates?

I'm perplexed by this whole thing because as Justginger said, everyone would be waiting in anticipation to see what you did with your PS gift. I do have to say that I hadn't really considered IDJ for the studs I'm planning to buy and already have two other vendors in mind, but at times when people have said they've been happy with IDJ, I've wondered if they'd be okay for other jewerly. There is absolutely NO WAY I would buy from them now.

I agree with MC. I have considered possibly using IDJ but am thinking twice about that now. I had been in contact with Luann as well about a DBTY when I was researching them. Ultimately, I went with Whiteflash though. I would be furious if I had gone with IDJ and was promised "PS quality, eyeclean" diamonds and did not receive that. They told HOT that they will not lose money with this purchase. They stand to lose a lot more in the future if they don't handle HOT's purchase appropriately. They've been highly regarded here so I'd hate to have their image tarnished, but it all depends on how they handle this.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Sorry that I haven't updated. I've been working 12+ hour days and just haven't had the energy for much else.

The necklace will be going back in a couple of weeks. I'm working crazy hours, MIl is going in for a hip replacement on Thursday and its my DH's 40th in less than 2 weeks which I have yet to organize. A trip to the 'local' (2 hour round trip) FedEx facility may just break me right now, so Yuketiel is happy for me to send it when things are less crazy.

The plan is to send it back, have Yuketiel look at it (because he never actually laid eyes on the finished product and doesn't know what I got) and see what he can do to fix it. He did mention again that he won't lose money on this, which I think is unfair because it wasn't my stuff up, but he said he will try his hardest to fix it without it costing me any more money. If he can't do that, then I will receive a full refund.

I honestly hope that he can fix it and make it the necklace it should have been in the first place, with no extra cost to me. If I get a refund I'm back to square one with my purchase and I have honestly been so turned off by this whole process so much that I don't want to make any more purchases any time soon.

I too am perplexed why close attention was not taken to my order considering the circumstances. Yuketiel has said to just deal with him directly in future (same goes for anyone reading) and he will take care of it. To be fair, I had the piece evaluated and she said if she had to grade the clarity they would all be SI2's, which technically is what I ordered (SI's) but we all know the range in which SI2's occur. But I guess it's beside the point if you are told you are getting "PS quality, 100% eyeclean".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1358722187|3360512 said:
Sorry that I haven't updated. I've been working 12+ hour days and just haven't had the energy for much else.

The necklace will be going back in a couple of weeks. I'm working crazy hours, MIl is going in for a hip replacement on Thursday and its my DH's 40th in less than 2 weeks which I have yet to organize. A trip to the 'local' (2 hour round trip) FedEx facility may just break me right now, so Yuketiel is happy for me to send it when things are less crazy.

The plan is to send it back, have Yuketiel look at it (because he never actually laid eyes on the finished product and doesn't know what I got) and see what he can do to fix it. He did mention again that he won't lose money on this, which I think is unfair because it wasn't my stuff up, but he said he will try his hardest to fix it without it costing me any more money. If he can't do that, then I will receive a full refund.

I honestly hope that he can fix it and make it the necklace it should have been in the first place, with no extra cost to me. If I get a refund I'm back to square one with my purchase and I have honestly been so turned off by this whole process so much that I don't want to make any more purchases any time soon.

I too am perplexed why close attention was not taken to my order considering the circumstances. Yuketiel has said to just deal with him directly in future (same goes for anyone reading) and he will take care of it. To be fair, I had the piece evaluated and she said if she had to grade the clarity they would all be SI2's, which technically is what I ordered (SI's) but we all know the range in which SI2's occur. But I guess it's beside the point if you are told you are getting "PS quality, 100% eyeclean".

Hi HOT, I have been thinking of you and hope that this all gets fixed for you! Good luck to your MIL on her hip replacement and happy bday to your dh!
I am confused as to why Yekutiel didn't inspect the necklace himself as well but I think (and really hope) he will make it right for you. Sending virtual hugs and good wishes your way!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
HOT

I am glad to hear that there has been movement in the right direction. I really hope that you get the DBTY of your dreams. Sending you a hug. I know you have a lot on in the next few weeks. Hopefully we can all get together soon and it would be wonderful if we got to try on your new and improved DBTY. :bigsmile:

:wavey:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE

Life has returned to somewhat normal and I shipped the necklace back this week. It arrived in NY this morning and Yekutiel has it and says he will take care of it. I've marked out the 5 stones that I was unhappy with, now I'll just wait to see what he says.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly hope he replaces the stones at no cost to you since you were told the stones would be eyeclean. But are you saying that the necklace was ordered with just "SI" specified and not SI1? If that is the case, people REALLY need to be specific on that from here on out and have it in writing at least in an email. This really explains a lot about their better prices because there is a huge difference between ACA melee at F-G VS clarity and these at SI2 (and am not sure of color).

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yes you are right DS. The valuation from ID says "F/G colour and SI clarity." I had a local appraiser look at it and she said the diamonds were G colour and SI2 clarity.

I wasn't really worried at the time since it was supposed to be eyeclean and I haven't had any other problems when purchasing "SI clarity" from them in the past, but I should have been more thorough with my emailing to Luann, but that's not easy with her sometimes!

But then again, if he can sell a practically eyeclean, except for a prongable inclusion, 3.98 carat SI2 stone, surely it shouldn't have been too hard to get some eyeclean SI2 20 pointers!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hot

I am so glad that a solution is underway. I know you have been through a lot recently and this on top of it must have been driving you crazy, instead of it giving you some sparkle relief!

I am sure that IDJ will sort this it for you. You have been a loyal customer and are a lovely lady too. It would be hard not to want to do right by you.

Good luck and hopefully us Perthies get to see you and your new sparklies soon. :bigsmile:

:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1360977761|3381342 said:
Yes you are right DS. The valuation from ID says "F/G colour and SI clarity." I had a local appraiser look at it and she said the diamonds were G colour and SI2 clarity.

I wasn't really worried at the time since it was supposed to be eyeclean and I haven't had any other problems when purchasing "SI clarity" from them in the past, but I should have been more thorough with my emailing to Luann, but that's not easy with her sometimes!

But then again, if he can sell a practically eyeclean, except for a prongable inclusion, 3.98 carat SI2 stone, surely it shouldn't have been too hard to get some eyeclean SI2 20 pointers!

I totally agree!!!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. Lets hope your dbty necklace is soon sorted too and this is all a distant memory.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thanks chel! Yekutiel said he will take care of it as promised. :)) We will have to have another gtg and I'll bring the DBTY and you remember your ring! :bigsmile:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1361061954|3381992 said:
Thanks chel! Yekutiel said he will take care of it as promised. :)) We will have to have another gtg and I'll bring the DBTY and you remember your ring! :bigsmile:

Good idea. I've been planning to make a post on my new sparkly but I never seem to find the time.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering how your necklace was coming along. I hope they get it right for you this time. I still can't get over the comment that they won't be loosing any money on your order. That's just the weirdest thing to say to a customer.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thanks CBL, yeah the first time he said it I wondered if I just took it the wrong way, but there was no mistaking it the second time!

I received an email from Yekutiel this morning to say the necklace is done and they replaced the stones that I marked out (5 of them). Luann sent me pictures of all of them but it is so hard to tell with pictures.

Yekutiel asked if there was anyone in NY that could take a look at it before he shipped it out. I already replied and said I don't know anyone, but since it's evening over there I've probably got time to change my mind...

Who could I get to look at it and how much (approx of course) is that going to cost? Do I bother or do you think it is worth it for piece of mind?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
HOT- what about Bliss? I seem to recall that she did something like that before for a PS-er. Maybe someone else knows?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are several...I think Charmy and maybe Circe live in NYC, but I don't know their proximity from work to the diamond district.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you could put a thread up asking if anyone is going to IDJ in the next few days. If they are going there anyway i cant see anyone minding taking a look at your DBTY. I was just looking at the bracelet thread and I think Bluemoon was just there so with a bit of luck more Pricescopers might be visiting soon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results