Humor Me - 32 or 34 inch DBTY??

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Bump :wavey:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
missy|1357346563|3347655 said:
Oh, I'm sure you will love it HOT! :appl:
What self control- I could never wait a whole day before opening any package. Let alone one that contains bling!! :cheeky:

Missy are you around at all? I was wondering if you could share something about your DBTY?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1357858095|3352534 said:
missy|1357346563|3347655 said:
Oh, I'm sure you will love it HOT! :appl:
What self control- I could never wait a whole day before opening any package. Let alone one that contains bling!! :cheeky:

Missy are you around at all? I was wondering if you could share something about your DBTY?

Hi HOT, I'm here...I hope everything is OK with your necklace but I'm getting the feeling there is something wrong. Let me know what I can do.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi Missy :))

I wanted to talk to you about the clarity of your stones and what 'eye clean' is to you. I thought that maybe you and JuneRose had VS stones but you both have SI clarity and said they are 'eye clean', so I'd love to get some more insight into exactly what that is for you, as you know, eye clean is very subjective. ::)

I completely understand if you don't want to state it here and go into the details of your stones clarity, as I really don't want to go into details about mine here just yet. I want to get some facts, thoughts and insights together first, and give ID a chance to fix it, before I open up about what's wrong.

If you want, I could start a LT listing and you could contact me there, or if you have any other way that we could chat about this in a not so public manner, that would be great.

JuneRose, I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking you mean me, Rosebloom. If so I'd be happy to chat offline. If you start a listing somewhere I'll be in touch.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1357875387|3352736 said:
I'm thinking you mean me, Rosebloom. If so I'd be happy to chat offline. If you start a listing somewhere I'll be in touch.

Ha ha yes I did! Had your thread open on another page and still got the name wrong! :oops: sorry. That would be great, thanks. Ill try and organize something tonight.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Hot, I was so much looking forward to see pictures of your new DBtY, but I guess You are not comp
Etely satisfied with the necklace. I send you all the wishes that everything can be fixed to your complete satisfaction and you get your dream piece the way you want it to be! :wavey:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Efriede, I really appreciate it. Hopefully it will be sorted out one way or another soon and I will have something I can be proud to show off. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1357868026|3352651 said:
Hi Missy :))

I wanted to talk to you about the clarity of your stones and what 'eye clean' is to you. I thought that maybe you and JuneRose had VS stones but you both have SI clarity and said they are 'eye clean', so I'd love to get some more insight into exactly what that is for you, as you know, eye clean is very subjective. ::)

I completely understand if you don't want to state it here and go into the details of your stones clarity, as I really don't want to go into details about mine here just yet. I want to get some facts, thoughts and insights together first, and give ID a chance to fix it, before I open up about what's wrong.

If you want, I could start a LT listing and you could contact me there, or if you have any other way that we could chat about this in a not so public manner, that would be great.

JuneRose, I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. :wavey:

Hi HOT, I'm so sorry you are not pleased with your DBTY. :((

I just inspected my necklace again (just in case my assessment was off before) but my stones are eye clean to me. I don't see any inclusions at all with my naked eye inspecting them close up. I am picky and am satisfied with their clarity and in fact, these are my first SI stones as all my other jewelry is VS or better because I never wanted to risk it before and I am pleased with this necklace. It is eyeclean to me and very bright and sparkly and I wear it often. I am so sorry it is not up to your standards and I am sure they will make it right for you.

Please let me know if I can be of help in any other way.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
No that is perfect Missy, thank you. I thought that maybe I was being too picky and expecting too much but now that I've heard you can't see anything in your stones I'm thinking I'm not being picky at all. 5 out of 11 stones have visible inclusions face up and on the pavilion that can be seen from about 8 inches away and I am just not happy at all. The necklace itself is beautiful and well made, the stones are white and sparkly but the clarity... Urgh!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is terrible HOT! Not good at all and I hope they make it right for you! I am pretty sure they will but what a pain. So sorry! :((

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! I also triple checked mine last night and I couldn't see anything. Under a 10x loupe I may have seen one carbon speck in one of them. But definitely nothing like what you're describing! I can see beautiful arrows in each stone through the loupe.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I missed this whole thread! I am surprised to read that our other 2 ID DBTY wearers were unable to spot inclusions in their necklaces upon close inspection. My eyes are not as sharp as HOT's (or maybe they were tired from a long day of intensive microscopy), but I was still able to spot inclusions in 3 stones from a distance of approx 8 inches. :nono: How disappointing. The necklace itself is beautifully made, the bezels so delicate. Someone with slightly poorer eyesight would be thrilled.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I was begining to think that I was the only person who believed eye clean was actually eye clean! The response I received was that ungraded SI stones are going to be different to GIA graded SI stones and you are always going to see the inclusions in them.

The good news is that he wants to make me happy. He has offered to swap out the stones I am not happy with, with stones that have white inclusions instead, but I know I wont be happy with it if I can see any inclusions and I feel even stronger about that knowing that you both got true eye clean stones and I didn't. I asked how much it would cost to swap them out for stones where I couldn't see any inclusions and he said he wouldn't know until I shipped it there, which sounds pretty dangerous to me.

Out of all the options I lose out somehow.

Return it for a full refund and I lose out on nearly $400 GST, which can't be refunded.
Return it and have stones replaced but I'll still be able to see white inclusions and will more than likely have to pay another $400 in GST.
Return it and pay for upgraded stones that I can't see inclusions in on an already expensive piece and pay another $400 in GST
Keep it and ask for a partial refund that probably won't be enough to mitigate the mind clean issue and I'm left with a necklace that I probably will never be 100% happy with.

I honestly don't see how he can make me happy. :(sad

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1357914369|3352964 said:
I missed this whole thread! I am surprised to read that our other 2 ID DBTY wearers were unable to spot inclusions in their necklaces upon close inspection. My eyes are not as sharp as HOT's (or maybe they were tired from a long day of intensive microscopy), but I was still able to spot inclusions in 3 stones from a distance of approx 8 inches. :nono: How disappointing. The necklace itself is beautifully made, the bezels so delicate. Someone with slightly poorer eyesight would be thrilled.

I actually don't think my eyesight is all that good. I can't spot the inclusions in any of my other significant pieces using a loupe!

Im becoming more and more convinced that I have been duped. If other DBTY from ID graded at the same clarity are eyeclean (and I trust and respect your opinions that they are) then why wasn't mine? :nono:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't the only time this has happened and I am really, really sorry it happened to you especially because of the complications with you being in another country. People go with IDJ because of the prices, but I do not believe the diamonds are the quality of others such as WF. The size of the stones will make a big difference in whether the stones are eyeclean. My sister's dby from IDJ has small stones so you really can't see inclusions. But I know that I would only order VS2 100 percent eyeclean from them because it would drive me nuts to have visible inclusions.

But if I understood you correctly, I would not be happy to be told after the fact that their uncertified SI1 melee is not eyeclean. I would be inclined to return it and ask for my money back as I think that is unacceptable. But it is crazy to me that you can't get a refund if that tax if you return the item!!!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi HOT ,
did you speak directly to Yekhutiel ? did you tell him that you are a PS member and expected PS quality eyeclean diamonds when you ordered ? I think they should refund you the tax amount since the item is not what you were expecting from them .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care for any of those options either HOT. Either way you are out money. I was thinking the same thing DS was thinking in that in the larger diamonds the inclusions are that much easier to see but still you were promised eye clean and while there may be room in the definition (as in eye of the beholder) what you are describing is not eye clean and I am upset for you. I hope you can work out a satisfactory conclusion with Yekutiel. This turns me off to doing custom in the future because there seem to be a number of custom jewelry projects where the results are less than what was expected (and not just ID jewelry).

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
missy said:
I don't care for any of those options either HOT. Either way you are out money. I was thinking the same thing DS was thinking in that in the larger diamonds the inclusions are that much easier to see but still you were promised eye clean and while there may be room in the definition (as in eye of the beholder) what you are describing is not eye clean and I am upset for you. I hope you can work out a satisfactory conclusion with Yekutiel. This turns me off to doing custom in the future because there seem to be a number of custom jewelry projects where the results are less than what was expected (and not just ID jewelry).
I totally agree. I am so disappointed for you. I really think they should provide you with completely 100% eye clean stones (that white inclusions stuff is nonsense!). And they should deduct $400 from the cost to cover the second round of taxes.

It really does make me hesitate to order from them again. I don't have the complicated tax/shipping issues but still I don't want to risk getting stones that aren't eye clean. For my necklace, the quote was under half the WF quote and about a third the BGD quote. Obviously they are not going to be the same perfectly amazing quality as those two vendors. But eye visible inclusions are totally not acceptable!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
jeweln|1357920035|3353033 said:
Hi HOT ,
did you speak directly to Yekhutiel ? did you tell him that you are a PS member and expected PS quality eyeclean diamonds when you ordered ? I think they should refund you the tax amount since the item is not what you were expecting from them .

I don't mean to speak on behalf of HOT, but she has told me that they were all VERY aware of her concern with the quality of diamonds being used after the fiasco of another IDJ piece (ring) appraising for less than it was promised to be. The shipping of this piece was even delayed for further inspection by Yukitiel's father. So it SHOULD have been perfect - for goodness sake, of course they knew she was a PSer with PS standards as $1000 of the purchase was covered directly by Andrey's generous gift.

The tax amount is out of the control of IDJ. It is charged by the Australian government - 10% on items over $1000 as they arrive in the country. Of course we all see that if the item is returned, it SHOULD be refunded, but it will not be. Bureaucratic red tape at its finest.

Poor HOT got (as my niece says) flim-flammed. It needs to be sent back - they were perfectly clear that without more money invested, the stones will not be eye clean...despite their reassurances before it was sent, you know, before you paid GST and would lose out on hundreds of dollars of international return shipping and insurance. :nono:

I've never actually crossed a prospective vendor off my list after an incident on PS. This marks my first. It is unacceptable for a vendor to flat out lie to make a sale. Reassurances that a product is of a certain quality, then delivering it below that quality, and THEN turning around and stating tht quality is simply not achievable in your purchased product is complete crap. :angryfire: Too much of a risk for all of us who will be out chunks of money in shipping/taxes.

melave

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you 100% justginger

It is hard enough being over in Australia and buying from the USA, without the added stress of wondering if you are going to get what you requested

I purchased 2 small pairs of diamond studs from IDJ and was not 100% happy. The communication throughout the whole process was annoying, i had to chase and nag to get information. I had to ask if my items had been posted and the tracking number!! I asked for no milgrain, i got milgrain. It was not worth the hassle to return but i won't buy from them again. I put it down to the fact that it wasn't a high value sale.

I have received items from Whiteflash and JBEG and would not hesitate to buy from them again. I know they may be more expensive than IDJ, but for peace of mind it is worth it to me.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Well said justginger. It's not worth the risk of ordering from overseas and paying the 10% tax to have to return the item. Trying to ship expensive items from Australia to the US is difficult. I've had to return a ring to ID because of the stones not being set evenly and I won't risk ordering from them again. Good luck HOT and I hope you get the necklace you wanted.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
HOT,
I am so sorry to hear what has happened. I was so tempted to order one when you did. So now to find you in this situation it just makes me feel sick on your behalf. ;(

As someone who has bought internationally from the states from both the UK and Oz I know the pain involved with the what ifs and the what nots. The pain of dealing with the customs and their charges alone, are enough to put me off from purchasing, never mind a vendor who does not deliver the standard of diamond they said they would. :nono:

I think that if a company accepts your business on the promise of eye clean and doesn't deliver eye clean, they should be responsible for ALL your outgoings including GST and shipping, in this case.
You were specific in your request and they accepted your stipulations. They did not deliver on their end, so now you have to pay to get what your requested in the first place????? :nono:

This will affect their business considerably. How they fix this for you will determine whether they get recommendations and continued business from PS in the future.

I for one will be watching with interest. I really hope you get the resolution you deserve. Sending you a big hug and PS dust for a successful resolution!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How disappointing!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1357914494|3352966 said:
I was begining to think that I was the only person who believed eye clean was actually eye clean! The response I received was that ungraded SI stones are going to be different to GIA graded SI stones and you are always going to see the inclusions in them.

The good news is that he wants to make me happy. He has offered to swap out the stones I am not happy with, with stones that have white inclusions instead, but I know I wont be happy with it if I can see any inclusions and I feel even stronger about that knowing that you both got true eye clean stones and I didn't. I asked how much it would cost to swap them out for stones where I couldn't see any inclusions and he said he wouldn't know until I shipped it there, which sounds pretty dangerous to me.

Out of all the options I lose out somehow.

Return it for a full refund and I lose out on nearly $400 GST, which can't be refunded.
Return it and have stones replaced but I'll still be able to see white inclusions and will more than likely have to pay another $400 in GST.
Return it and pay for upgraded stones that I can't see inclusions in on an already expensive piece and pay another $400 in GST
Keep it and ask for a partial refund that probably won't be enough to mitigate the mind clean issue and I'm left with a necklace that I probably will never be 100% happy with.

I honestly don't see how he can make me happy. :(sad

Hi HOT, I am usually lurking, and I haven't have read all posts so hopefully I am not covering something which has already been said. I am sorry you are not happy with your necklace. I just wanted to mention I live in Australia and returned something to BGD last year for tweaking. Lesley advised me of some code to include when I was shipping it out which was effectively a sign to customs it was a return for repair I believe, and then they did some sort of similar code when shipping back to me and I was not required to pay the GST again nor were there any questions re: the same when it was sent back to me. I'm afraid given the time that has lapsed I don't recall any further particular about what needed to be done or what was included in the package(s) - Lesley just told me what to do and as BGD also covered the shipping both ways I was not out of pocket at all and everything was able to be fixed to my satisfaction.

I just wanted to mention this so your options might seem better to you if IDJ can work out how to do the same. Hope this is able to be worked out to your satisfaction.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I managed to capture some of the inclusions on camera this afternoon.

Sorry the lighting isn't very good.

dbty1photo.jpg

dbty5photo.jpg

dbty6photo.jpg

dbty12photo.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
and this is what it looks like from about 12 inches..

hmm.. it looked more obvious before i posted the pic. strange.

dbty10photo.jpg

dbty11photo.jpg

dbty3photo.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I have been stewing all day about what I would like to happen. Seeing the inclusions on the camera has strengthened my resolve to not let it go. I have a habit of backing down on things like this and just living with it. I want to come up with a way that i am not forking out any more money and i am still happy.

DS~ Thank you, I really wish i wasn't in Australia right now too. I wasn't expecting WF quality stones but i wasn't expecting the clarity to be this bad for eyeclean either. I understand what you are saying with the larger stones making the inclusions more obvious, but i really didn't expect a jump in 5 points / .3mm to make that much of a difference either. To go from not being able to see anything in 15 point stones to seeing obvious inclusions in 20 pointers seems like a rather big jump to me and if that was the case i feel that ID should have warned me. I enquired about 10, 15, 18 and 20 points and at no point was a warned about 'eyeclean' not really being eyeclean at this size. VS or SI was never actually discussed, Luann quoted me for "Pricescope quality eye clean ideal cut diamonds". I didn't care what they were, as long as they were clean to pricescope standards and i don't feel these are. Yes, being told that you are always going to see inclusions in uncerted SI stones was a slap in the face, especially after i voiced my concerns to Luann previously about the quality and she assured me there would be no problems. With the amount that i paid for the necklace i wasn't expecting anything but eye clean diamonds.

jeweln~ yes they knew. I've bought from them previously and was quoted for 'PS quality eyeclean' diamonds. The refund for the tax sounds great, but somehow i don't think they will go for that. :blackeye:

missy ~ thank you for all of your help. I can understand that the inclusions could be slightly more noticeable in the slightly larger stones, but i just think that the clarity of some of these stones go further than that. I hope we can come up with a satisfactory arrangement as well, I'm still thinking about what that could be.

Rosebloom ~ thank you. I thought the idea of swapping the stones out for white inclusions was silly as well. What's the point in that?
I didn't get any other quotes for the DBTY because I only would have wanted to work with BGD and that wasnt an option due to the prize. Yours and Missy's DBTY were beautiful and you both seemed happy so i thought that i would have been safe going with them. I've been happy with my other purchases and as long as the stones were white, eye clean and sparkly I would have been happy!

ginger ~ you pretty much got it all, except for the part about it being delayed because it had to be checked, that was someone else. :))
Your last paragraph really struck me. That's the crux of it. Promised something, delivered something else and then told I'd have to fork out more to get what i wanted in the first place. When i asked how much it would be he said "I'm not going to make any more money off you but i'm not going to lose any off this sale either'. wth?

melave~ the communication issues with them annoy me as well but i have always thought that it was a price to pay in order to get a beautiful product at a more affordable price. I'm sorry you weren't happy with your purchase, it makes me wonder how many others have felt the same thing. I think i'll be sticking with BGD from now on as well. (I love bgd and would have used them in a heartbeat but unfortunately it wasn't an option.)

crazybirdlady ~ love the name! (you could be my mother) :cheeky: thank you.

susimoo ~ oh im so glad you didn't order one as well! Hopefully we will be able to sort it out. I agree with you completely but somehow i don't think i'll be that lucky.

blingaddict ~ thank you for that information, it is really helpful. I'm going to contact fedex on Monday and ask them about it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results