shape
carat
color
clarity

Humor Me - 32 or 34 inch DBTY??

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
HOT, your description of what you saw, at first glance, does qualify as a visible inclusion :shock: . I just read the article that you linked, very informative. Most, maybe all, said that "eye clean" is judged from the top. Now, everyone knows that when they order a DBTY they need to make sure the pavillions are free of carbon too. Is it possible that a VS could have a small carbon spot in the pavillion? If someone could just design a DBTY that does not flip! All you DBTY owners could super glue the diamonds face up! :lol: :lol:
I too was dismayed at some of the harsh comments. I was a scaredy cat and wouldn't speak up. I have a few pieces from IDJ and am happy with them. I wouldn't wait to have the necklace sent. With all the attention, there is no way that Yekutiel is going to let you down. I am excited to see all the photos that you are going to post. :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't seem to quote from my phone but the post right above mentions DBTY buyers need to now specify eye clean from pavilion.

I would imagine if yes that's important to them, they should. However, It would depend on size of stones as to If you'd even see anything. 20points vs your avg 5points are hugely diff. I can't see the pavilions on my DBTYs nor has anything stood out to me even looking at 10 pointer ones.

HOT, glad things seem to be working out and really hope you are happy with your new necklace.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
In the interests of updating the thread for those who may be considering a dbty from ID in the future.

I recieved my necklace a couple of weeks ago and it was not perfect. One of the diamonds that had been replaced had an inclusion clearly visible from the pavillion. It was semi hidden by the bezel face up but you could still see it from many angles.
The bezel on this diamond was also damaged. I took it to a jeweler who said it looked like someone had tried to repair it but failed and that it had not been dipped in the rhodium after the repair either, so it had a yellow tint to it.

He said he could have replaced the stone and bezel for about $400-$500 (Australian prices) but advised me to send it back.

I contacted Yekutiel and he advised to send it back for a full refund. He said that he checked the necklace himself and that it was very strange and he should have seen it.

I will be $450 out of pocket for customs taxes that are not refundable in these circumstances. I spent $110 having the necklace evaluated and even though I'll get a 'full' refund paypal or the bank are going to take a slice of it in fees.

I am pretty annoyed that Yekutiel will come out of this better than I do. I've already had 3 people contact me regarding the necklace and wanting it if i do decide to sell. I'm sure he has had more emails with enquiries to buy it once it is returned.

Anyway, here are the photos of the stone and bezel I was not happy with. The inclusion is at 11 o'clock under the bezel.

newdbty1.jpg

newdbty2p1030929.jpg

newdbty3p1030918.jpg

newdbty4.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1364608238|3416408 said:
In the interests of updating the thread for those who may be considering a dbty from ID in the future.

I recieved my necklace a couple of weeks ago and it was not perfect. One of the diamonds that had been replaced had an inclusion clearly visible from the pavillion. It was semi hidden by the bezel face up but you could still see it from many angles.
The bezel on this diamond was also damaged. I took it to a jeweler who said it looked like someone had tried to repair it but failed and that it had not been dipped in the rhodium after the repair either, so it had a yellow tint to it.

He said he could have replaced the stone and bezel for about $400-$500 (Australian prices) but advised me to send it back.

I contacted Yekutiel and he advised to send it back for a full refund. He said that he checked the necklace himself and that it was very strange and he should have seen it.

I will be $450 out of pocket for customs taxes that are not refundable in these circumstances. I spent $110 having the necklace evaluated and even though I'll get a 'full' refund paypal or the bank are going to take a slice of it in fees.

I am pretty annoyed that Yekutiel will come out of this better than I do. I've already had 3 people contact me regarding the necklace and wanting it if i do decide to sell. I'm sure he has had more emails with enquiries to buy it once it is returned.

Anyway, here are the photos of the stone and bezel I was not happy with. The inclusion is at 11 o'clock under the bezel.

Awww, I'm so sorry. That really stinks. You went through so much with this necklace and I cannot believe Yekutiel couldn't make this right for you. I'm really really sorry about this. :((
I cannot believe he sent it back to you with that damage. :blackeye:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
missy said:
hawaiianorangetree|1364608238|3416408 said:

Awww, I'm so sorry. That really stinks. You went through so much with this necklace and I cannot believe Yekutiel couldn't make this right for you. I'm really really sorry about this. :((
I cannot believe he sent it back to you with that damage. :blackeye:

My thoughts exactly. I'm so bummed for you.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I am bummed too and really ANNOYED. Part of me feels like the universe has been conspiring against me on this one and it just wasn't meant to be. :blackeye:

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the update and this is one thread I've had an eye on. This has been a long journey and I'm sorry this hasn't worked out for you. I hope you go to another vendor and get the necklace you deserve. I can see why you aren't happy with it and its got to the stage where the necklace will never be mind clean now. And can I ask what jeweller you use in Perth (I need a new one). Good luck and don't give up

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
CrazyBirdLady|1364614302|3416499 said:
Thanks for the update and this is one thread I've had an eye on. This has been a long journey and I'm sorry this hasn't worked out for you. I hope you go to another vendor and get the necklace you deserve. I can see why you aren't happy with it and its got to the stage where the necklace will never be mind clean now. And can I ask what jeweller you use in Perth (I need a new one). Good luck and don't give up

Are you in Perth CBL? I did not realize. I have used Alex and Chris a couple of times now. Chris set the main stone in my 5 stone about a year ago for $60 (I think?). Last week they tightened the prongs on my stone and gave the setting a polish for $40. My friend had her engagement ring resized, a stone replace in one of her bands and 3 rings replated for $140. All work was completed in about 2 hours so we didn't have to leave our rings for very long.

I think his prices are reasonable but I haven't had anything done other than basic, simple stuff. He doesn't scoff and carry on like some other Perth jewelers do when you say your jewelery came from OS, which is nice.

His details are: Alexander MichelleJewellers Stairway D, Level 2 Suite 23 London Court. And the other guy who works there is Chris Pertou, (sp?) I think he is the actual jeweler.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sad for you. All this trouble, no necklace, lighter wallet. :nono:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well I'm sorry it's turned out this way HOT but I think sending it back and starting again is the best option now you've reached this point.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
chel180|1364643277|3416634 said:
Well I'm sorry it's turned out this way HOT but I think sending it back and starting again is the best option now you've reached this point.

I agree. This was NOT cool of IDJ. I'm bummed because I wanted to use them for a setting!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am SO sorry!!! :(( No way would any of us accept that, no way. I cannot believe after sending it back they would have returned it to you in that condition. Unreal.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunatley for IDJ, the condition of the bezel is not open to interpretation; it is just plain and simple, bad. I too am shocked that the necklace would be shipped half way around the world like that. After all the attention, I would think it would have been perfect. I thought they sent photos of all the bezels. How did this slip by? :confused: :confused: :confused:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, HOT, that's terrible news. I am so sorry that this was the end result. After all your hard work and it still wasn't right.

Your thread was one of the reasons I decided to go custom with my earring jackets rather than use IDJ. I can't believe that their quality control let that through after everything you went through with the first return.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I checked through my pictures of the bezels that Luann sent me and this was not one of them. After everything, I can't believe that is came back this way either. More perplexing was Yuketiel's reaction to the pictures. No sorry, no this is my fault, no nothing, just send it back for a refund and we are done, no hard feelings... Never mind the loss of $$ :nono:

He will get the necklace back, sell it to someone else and it will turn up in SMTB in a few weeks time with someone exclaiming how wonderful it is and how awesome ID are...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been watching your thread from afar--so disappointed to see everything end this way! I hope you will be able to remake a DBTY necklace (to your exact specifications) w/ another vendor (WF or BGD) soon!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
UNimpressed. Very, very unimpressed. I can't believe that bezel would get through normal QC, let alone the QC on an already bleeped-up project that has received much PS attention. :nono: :nono: :nono:

My gut reaction when you very first showed me the necklace was to have it sent back and a refund received. I thought you were more diplomatic and patient than me, and assumed that would pay off in the form of a revamped, perfect specimen of a DBTY. I see now my kneejerk reaction wasn't actually far off the mark.

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this crap, HOT. We need to catch up so I can buy you a drink. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1364732202|3417294 said:
UNimpressed. Very, very unimpressed. I can't believe that bezel would get through normal QC, let alone the QC on an already bleeped-up project that has received much PS attention. :nono: :nono: :nono:

My gut reaction when you very first showed me the necklace was to have it sent back and a refund received. I thought you were more diplomatic and patient than me, and assumed that would pay off in the form of a revamped, perfect specimen of a DBTY. I see now my kneejerk reaction wasn't actually far off the mark.

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this crap, HOT. We need to catch up so I can buy you a drink. :))

That's what gets me the most here. I mean, on a normal day that shouldn't have gotten through but given all the attention, aggravation and time that went into this whole thing how the heck could this have gone out to you (again!) like this???

:(sad

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Hot thank you for the info. Ive just moved to Perth from Melbourne and want a jeweller to check my rings and do a few other basic things.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
This is a very unsettling story and I feel so bad that HOT has gone through this ordeal and it ended up costing her money !
A question regarding the IDJ " Pricescope Quality" stones: as long as they are eye clean, would they still be ok to have black carbon spots under 10 x magnification? Is the real issue here that to the naked eye, they must be eye clean but expected that their SI stones have carbon scatters under a loupe? I am referring to an eternity ring with 40 pointers.
I hope some IDJ purchasers can answer.
Thank you.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Spirit|1380382432|3528847 said:
This is a very unsettling story and I feel so bad that HOT has gone through this ordeal and it ended up costing her money !
A question regarding the IDJ " Pricescope Quality" stones: as long as they are eye clean, would they still be ok to have black carbon spots under 10 x magnification? Is the real issue here that to the naked eye, they must be eye clean but expected that their SI stones have carbon scatters under a loupe? I am referring to an eternity ring with 40 pointers.
Thank you.

I think you might get more responses if you post a new thread in RT. All I can say is I have a 20pter eternity from IDJ and under the loupe if you look real hard there is some carbon.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you.

Eye clean has nothing to do with what you see with a loupe. You absolutely would have the potential to see carbon specks under 10x magnification in SI clarity stones and maybe even with VS2. That would hold true for any vendor, not just IDJ. Whether or not it is okay depends on how important clarity is to someone. I like good clarity and never go below VS2. But there are many others who are fine with SI.

I miss seeing HOT and wish she'd check in!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1380409496|3529043 said:
Thank you.

Eye clean has nothing to do with what you see with a loupe. You absolutely would have the potential to see carbon specks under 10x magnification in SI clarity stones and maybe even with VS2. That would hold true for any vendor, not just IDJ. Whether or not it is okay depends on how important clarity is to someone. I like good clarity and never go below VS2. But there are many others who are fine with SI.

I miss seeing HOT and wish she'd check in!

Me too!!! HOT we miss you...hope all is well and when you have a minute let us know how you are. :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I also miss HOT! let us know how you're doing if you see this!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Just read this whole thread right through. Wow, I hope Hot got a new necklace. I'd love to know how she spent her voucher. Also makes me feel better about the amount I spent on my DBTY items from BGD. I thought they were overpriced, but having said that, they are perfect.

Would love to know what item of jewellery Hot ended up with! :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Awww guys. I snuck on here for the first time in over a year to find a picture and saw these posts. The DBTY really did a number on me. I haven't looked on here since it went back nor have I wanted to even think about buying again.

I can feel the itch slowly coming back though. I'm sure it won't be long. ;))

I think of you of all often and hope you are well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1396089344|3643305 said:
Awww guys. I snuck on here for the first time in over a year to find a picture and saw these posts. The DBTY really did a number on me. I haven't looked on here since it went back nor have I wanted to even think about buying again.

I can feel the itch slowly coming back though. I'm sure it won't be long. ;))

I think of you of all often and hope you are well!

HOT! :wavey: We missed you! I hope you and your family are well and I hope you plan on hanging around here a bit...(((hugs)))!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi HOT! :wavey: Your and Missy's DBTY necklace threads did influence me greatly, especially since I now own a WF version! I hope you check in more often!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI, HOT! We have missed you around here!!! I am so sorry for your last experience. Hopefully you can begin to enjoy this hobby again with better outcomes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results