shape
carat
color
clarity

Humor Me - 32 or 34 inch DBTY??

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1354741411|3323396 said:
oops changed my vote. I would get the 32 " with 2" extender, (basically have a jump ring both at 32 and 34" with no diamonds on that section, but otherwise space evenly. I love how the dbty necklaces look when they are doubled!

You are not allowed to change your vote! :cheeky: Hmm... yeah the 32 inch with the extender still is at the back of my mind too.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you have a wonderful plan! I cannot wait to see your SMTB thread! It's going to be spectacular!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1354745752|3323481 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:
I would make it 34 with a jump ring at 32, maybe. But since you are only really looking at 1 inch longer in hanging length, I don't really see the point in not making it 34. It's not going to actually hang 2 inches longer. Even though I like the idea of an extender, it will slide around some, and I just think you'll be happier having the necklace made 34 to begin with. I am pretty sure my sister made hers 32" because she never planned to wear it doubled.

Do the diamond choices go from 15 to 20 pointers or is there anything between there? I might personally consider slightly under 20 (like 18?) just to get the stones at 2.5 inches apart if that was an option.

This is a clever option - I like DS's suggestion! Is that a possibility? Go for the slightly smaller ct wt stones and spread them at 2.5"? Seems like a perfect compromise!

Thanks Enerchi! I honestly think i'll be happier with larger stones and less of them, rather than smaller and more (because, you know, there's such a HUGE difference between 18 and 20) :cheeky: With the small price difference between the 18 and 20's I'm not sure it would work out a better option? Maybe i should ask.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1354749214|3323539 said:
How about this - do 20 pointers, leave 3 inches by clasp plus have area by jump ring (or extender) chain only. Then live with it for a while and if it spins and bothers you then send it back to have a few extra diamonds added (once your bling fund has replenished a bit). My 17 incher spins but the added weight of the longer chain may take care of this problem. And it's a good point about the diamonds poking your neck - they do.

My chain is delicate but feels very sturdy for my 15 pointers. My baby regularly yanks it hard enough to really sting but I'm never worried at all about the necklace - just my neck!

Thanks Rosebloom. :)) Do you think the chain is too delicate for 20 pointers with such a long chain? I'm thinking more about the look rather than the sturdiness.

I do like you idea of a 3 inch gap from clasp on a 32" with the extender that would be a 4 inch gap, so i'd be getting 2 options. It works in my head but does it work IRL? :confused:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1354754518|3323606 said:
I would leave it up to the IDJ experts to sort out the best spacing for the size diamond you are getting. Yekutiel has an amazing eye for what is in perfect proportion!

I like the 34" decision - it will be balanced at the back, it will be just that little teeny bit extra that may be more comfortable when doubled, the diamonds are starting at your clavicle so you aren't "wasting" diamonds where you and others can't appreciate them... and... its just gonna be beautiful, so don't worry!! :lol:

Don't second guess your decision - you thought about it, had input, felt confident with it --- don't stress about it, HOT. IMO, I think you made the right decision. :))

Oh Enerchi... why didn't I read this first?! Thank you, I think you are right. Perhaps I shall give Luann some 'guidelines' and ask her to see what Yekutiel thinks will be best. :wavey:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
missy|1354755026|3323617 said:
I second Enerchi. I did the same thing. I kept second guessing my decision, back and forth. It's a lot of money and ofc you want it to be as perfect as possible. It is going to be friggin gorgeous!!!!!!!! Good luck and do not worry! And don't forget we are going to want pages and pages of pics! :cheeky:

Thanks Missy! oh my gosh... talk about getting caught up in some minor details! My DH came home from nightshift before 6am and i was out the back with 2 different 'necklaces' on asking him which start point for the first diamonds looked better... the 3.5" or 4"?
He looked at me like i was a little bit crazy but humored me anyway. ::)

Oh yes! there will be pages of photos.. trust me. :))

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1354755349|3323625 said:
Sounds like you have a wonderful plan! I cannot wait to see your SMTB thread! It's going to be spectacular!

Thank you Rosebloom! I cannot wait either. :bigsmile:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
Rosebloom|1354749214|3323539 said:
How about this - do 20 pointers, leave 3 inches by clasp plus have area by jump ring (or extender) chain only. Then live with it for a while and if it spins and bothers you then send it back to have a few extra diamonds added (once your bling fund has replenished a bit). My 17 incher spins but the added weight of the longer chain may take care of this problem. And it's a good point about the diamonds poking your neck - they do.

My chain is delicate but feels very sturdy for my 15 pointers. My baby regularly yanks it hard enough to really sting but I'm never worried at all about the necklace - just my neck!

Thanks Rosebloom. :)) Do you think the chain is too delicate for 20 pointers with such a long chain? I'm thinking more about the look rather than the sturdiness.

I do like you idea of a 3 inch gap from clasp on a 32" with the extender that would be a 4 inch gap, so i'd be getting 2 options. It works in my head but does it work IRL? :confused:

Aesthetically, I don't think it's too delicate at all. I wish it could magically be even more delicate and still withstand baby abuse. :) But I was going for a delicate look. I think you'll find the chain to be plenty substantial.

Here's a picture of mine in my (large!) hand. I wear a 7.5 ring for perspective.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1354759063.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Rosebloom that really helps! I don't think it looks too delicate for the length I want. I'm thinking I probably don't need it to be any thicker otherwise it will take away from the 20 pointers and we don't want that! :)
Your BDTY is gorgeous by the way, I love the gold!!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
I think your necklace will be fabulous no matter what..and I see you are narrowing down your options, cant wait to see your neckshots. :appl:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1354757866|3323674 said:
Thank you Rosebloom that really helps! I don't think it looks too delicate for the length I want. I'm thinking I probably don't need it to be any thicker otherwise it will take away from the 20 pointers and we don't want that! :)
Your BDTY is gorgeous by the way, I love the gold!!

The chain will be perfect. Can't wait to see your finished necklace. Congrats, again!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Efriede and MC! I can't wait to see it either. ::)

Well, a decision has been made! (Sort of) I am leaving the finer points of spacing for Yekutiel to decide. I've given some rough ideas about what I want and he is going to decide what will look best proportion wise.

I just wanted to say thank you again to each and every one of you for your help, ideas and opinions. I think I would still be pondering over options for a few more weeks if it wasn't for you.

Let the waiting begin! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic!! I do not think you will be disappointed! Yekutiel is all about making PSers happy! He told me "if I make you look good, you make ME look good"! which is true - customer service, attention to detail, quality... all make for a very good vendor/client relationship!

So excited to see the finished product - think you may have it for Christmas/New years? Very exciting!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Luann sent a photo last week. I asked a couple of questions but she hasn't replied yet, so I'm posting it. I have to say I'm feeling a little underwhelmed. I'm hoping it is just the angle of the photo that is making me feel this way and that the diamonds look much better in person. The anticipation and worrying is killing me! I don't think it has shipped yet. I hope it arrives in time for my birthday next week.

dbtyphoto_2_.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is hard to tell much with these highly magnified photos. It is easy to see how they soldered the little loops on the bezels. But that probably can hardly be seen in real life. I don't think you can tell a thing about the diamonds in this picture. Hopefully they will be great in person!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1356996802|3344054 said:
Luann sent a photo last week. I asked a couple of questions but she hasn't replied yet, so I'm posting it. I have to say I'm feeling a little underwhelmed. I'm hoping it is just the angle of the photo that is making me feel this way and that the diamonds look much better in person. The anticipation and worrying is killing me! I don't think it has shipped yet. I hope it arrives in time for my birthday next week.
Would you elaborate? What don't you like about the diamonds? I can't tell anything about the diamonds from the photo alone. Really, nothing stands out being bad.
Wait until you see and feel the necklace in person. Don't make any conclusions yet. Please pose a picture or two, so we can see if length is good. Please also comment how you feel about the size of the diamonds and chain. I am being more than nosy, because I am getting one myself and wonder about my own selections.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Longer with jump rings at commom lengths.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1356997932|3344081 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1356996802|3344054 said:
Would you elaborate? What don't you like about the diamonds? I can't tell anything about the diamonds from the photo alone. Really, nothing stands out being bad.
Wait until you see and feel the necklace in person. Don't make any conclusions yet. Please pose a picture or two, so we can see if length is good. Please also comment how you feel about the size of the diamonds and chain. I am being more than nosy, because I am getting one myself and wonder about my own selections.

FD, is WhiteFlash making yours? I really would love to have a longer one, too!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1357000015|3344236 said:
Yes, WF is making mine in mid January. Mine is different than the typical delicate, dbty necklace. I think of it as a multi-station necklace. Will definitely need your help regarding my choices (design details) later.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies. I've been happy with previous purchases from ID, so I am not sure why I am feeling paranoid about this one. Perhaps it has something to do with the chatter on PS in regards to items not being what they are represented to be. I've never had a photo from ID before either, so I think that may be feeding my concerns. I'm used to the beautiful glamour shots that BGD provide before shipping.

I agree that you can't really tell anything about the diamond quality from this one photo, and maybe that is what is bothering me? I don't know! I think i just need to sit tight and wait for it to arrive next week. ::)

I promise to post many photos when it arrives! I havent had a photo shoot with collection for some time so I imagine there will be many photos. 8) Please don't feel that you are being nosy FD, that is what PS is for. Hopefully my photos will be of some assistance to you.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks beautiful! Congrats again!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's really pretty and can't wait to see neck shots x

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see all of the beautiful necklaces coming down the PS pipeline soon!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thank you mom2boys, chel and Sarah. The anticipation is killing me and I wishing away the days until it arrives which is terrible as I am on holidays!

Chel, how is the hot weather treating you? I hope you are not melting away!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1357000448|3344267 said:
diamondseeker2006|1357000015|3344236 said:
Yes, WF is making mine in mid January. Mine is different than the typical delicate, dbty necklace. I think of it as a multi-station necklace. Will definitely need your help regarding my choices (design details) later.

I will definitely look forward to that! I know it will be stunning considering the rest of your collection! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1357000806|3344288 said:
Thank you ladies. I've been happy with previous purchases from ID, so I am not sure why I am feeling paranoid about this one. Perhaps it has something to do with the chatter on PS in regards to items not being what they are represented to be. I've never had a photo from ID before either, so I think that may be feeding my concerns. I'm used to the beautiful glamour shots that BGD provide before shipping.

I agree that you can't really tell anything about the diamond quality from this one photo, and maybe that is what is bothering me? I don't know! I think i just need to sit tight and wait for it to arrive next week. ::)

I promise to post many photos when it arrives! I havent had a photo shoot with collection for some time so I imagine there will be many photos. 8) Please don't feel that you are being nosy FD, that is what PS is for. Hopefully my photos will be of some assistance to you.

My sister's long necklace from IDJ has smaller stones than you are using, but I thought it looked very nice when I saw it in person! I didn't loupe it, but I saw nothing that caused me concern. I think you will love it!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOT - that looks wonderful!!! I have 3 items from IDJ and all the 'glamour shots' looked fantastic... and the items, even MORE so once they arrived!! My jackets, the 1/2 eternity band and the setting for my OEC- everything looked just PERFECT once they were in my hot little hands, so please don't stress until you are actually holding your necklace and seeing IRL. Personally, I think it looks AWESOME... what is it that you are worried about?

And-- what date is your birthday? Another Capricorn!!! We can be "a bit fastidious" about things, so I hear what you are saying regarding the worry! ;))

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks Enerchi!

Luann finally got back to me (they must be very busy) and she assured me the photo was not the best but the necklace is beautiful and I will love it!

I'm getting excited now... The package has shipped and is in transit in Singapoore. I've paid the customs fees with FedEx and now I'm just waiting for delivery on Monday, but I won't be opening it until Tuesday. Just a few more days to go! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sure you will love it HOT! :appl:
What self control- I could never wait a whole day before opening any package. Let alone one that contains bling!! :cheeky:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I say that now missy but once the package is in my hot little hands who knows what will happen? :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results