shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set an asscher cut blue Zircon

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom, I'm definitely still considering everything. haha Didn't mean to imply otherwise! Like I said earlier in the thread, I've changed my mind several times so I want to see which one sticks with me over time...as well as give myself time to save up enough for all these lovelies. ;-) Or, perhaps, even start over at square one again with the stone. Not sure.

I haven't seen the second setting you posted ever before. That's very pretty. Reminds me of a friends engagement ring. Although I'm not sure I'd want the twist all the way around the band. Something to think about though!

Thank you. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you see the stone the setting will probably fold itself around it. I think it's great that you give yourself time.

S

SparkliesLuver

Very true. You make an excellent point, Acinom. I emailed Gene to see if he had any tracking information. Fingers crossed it arrives before I go home (in the next 2.5 hours), otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I have no clue why I haven't posted in this thread yet. Your Gene tourm will be beautiful in person. Jewelfreak got one which I think was similarly coloured if my memory serves me.

S

SparkliesLuver

LoversKites said:
I have no clue why I haven't posted in this thread yet. Your Gene tourm will be beautiful in person. Jewelfreak got one which I think was similarly coloured if my memory serves me.

haha No worries, LK. Glad you did now though! :) The thread started out as one thing and has kind of morphed along the way. Aw, thank you. I sure hope so. I really do. Laurie does?! Hmmmm...

Gene sent me the tracking number but leave it to the USPS to have outdated information. :wall:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1415992596|3783615 said:
LoversKites said:

haha No worries, LK. Glad you did now though! :) The thread started out as one thing and has kind of morphed along the way. Aw, thank you. I sure hope so. I really do. Laurie does?! Hmmmm...

Gene sent me the tracking number but leave it to the USPS to have outdated information. :wall:

Lol, good luck with the wait, that's not an easy part for most.

Yup, here is her's. I think a bit bluer than yours.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oh-my-gosh-dream-tourmaline.197022/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oh-my-gosh-dream-tourmaline.197022/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gene-tourmaline-photos.197545/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gene-tourmaline-photos.197545/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/not-great-photos-of-new-gene-tourm-friend.197273/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/not-great-photos-of-new-gene-tourm-friend.197273/[/URL]

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you. I'm in that "most" category. :lol:

Oooooooooo, thank you! :D Yes, hers is a bit more blue, for sure. Did she ever set it? Just curious what she ended up doing.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1415993785|3783629 said:

Oooooooooo, thank you! :D Yes, hers is a bit more blue, for sure. Did she ever set it? Just curious what she ended up doing.

I looked through her threads, and nope, nothing she posted on PS about it since those threads.

JF, explain yourself :snooty:

Maybe she secretly set it and waited to see when we'd catch on. We've caught on, JF! :Up_to_something:

S

SparkliesLuver

LoversKites said:
I looked through her threads, and nope, nothing she posted on PS about it since those threads.
Maybe she secretly set it and waited to see when we'd catch on. We've caught on, JF! :Up_to_something:

hahaha Can't wait to hear from her. :D

Well, it looks like I'll be going home empty-handed. :( Gene sent it via registered mail which is very slow, but I didn't realize it could take up to two weeks. Crazy, and I'm not even that far from him. Anyway, nothing against him. Just more waiting for me. But now my mail team has their eye out for it so that's a plus.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1415993785|3783629 said:

I have an Afghan tourmaline from Gene, very very old stock of his. It's the second from the left (mint green cushion). I had it in unplated white gold and it looked nice, but the jeweler botched the bezel work so I took it out. If I had to do it again though, I would do rose gold.

various_stones2.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

TL said:
I have an Afghan tourmaline from Gene, very very old stock of his. It's the second from the left (mint green cushion). I had it in unplated white gold and it looked nice, but the jeweler botched the bezel work so I took it out. If I had to do it again though, I would do rose gold.

That's really pretty, TL. Do you remember the stats at all? Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Have you thought about getting it set again? :naughty:

I love seeing other people's pretties. Keep sharing, please! It definitely helps with the wait. ;-)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1415995017|3783648 said:
LoversKites said:

hahaha Can't wait to hear from her. :D

Well, it looks like I'll be going home empty-handed. :( Gene sent it via registered mail which is very slow, but I didn't realize it could take up to two weeks. Crazy, and I'm not even that far from him. Anyway, nothing against him. Just more waiting for me. But now my mail team has their eye out for it so that's a plus.

I've never had a problem being patient; knowing that something is mine is comforting enough for me. Of course I get excited when I get the package.

I get why most find it daunting to wait. Hang in there :halo:

S

SparkliesLuver

LoversKites said:
I've never had a problem being patient; knowing that something is mine is comforting enough for me. Of course I get excited when I get the package.

I get why most find it daunting to wait. Hang in there :halo:

You make an excellent point, LK. It is comforting to know it's on its way to me. I'm beyond excited to see it, so I think that's where the nerves are coming from; it's a good place. Thank you for the kind words. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1415995510|3783654 said:
TL said:

That's really pretty, TL. Do you remember the stats at all? Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Have you thought about getting it set again? :naughty:

I love seeing other people's pretties. Keep sharing, please! It definitely helps with the wait. ;-)

Thank you SL. No big deal as I was able to reuse the setting for something else. I added prongs back to it this time though. I really would like to do stackers with this and the other four stones next to it.

It's around 1.5 carats and 7mm.

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm glad you were able to reuse the setting for something else. Do you possibly have pictures of it in the new setting? :Up_to_something: I love the idea of stackers, but I haven't seen very many of them.

That's a nice size!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1415996277|3783666 said:
I'm glad you were able to reuse the setting for something else. Do you possibly have pictures of it in the new setting? :Up_to_something: I love the idea of stackers, but I haven't seen very many of them.

That's a nice size!

I found Gene's pic of it.

file.jpg

Here it is in that setting, with a very old camera back in 2008

file.jpg

The bezel work covered too much of the crown and it was uneven, which drove me nuts.

S

SparkliesLuver

Lovely stone. :) I can kinda see what you mean, but my eyes are definitely still "new." I've read that tourmaline can be "chippy," so the bezel or taking it out of the setting didn't hurt it at all?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1415997062|3783678 said:
Lovely stone. :) I can kinda see what you mean, but my eyes are definitely still "new." I've read that tourmaline can be "chippy," so the bezel or taking it out of the setting didn't hurt it at all?

No surprisingly it was completely undamaged.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have a 4.5 carat precision cut Afgan (Jerry Newman) in a yellow gold halo (I know, I'm so original, LOL!), and a white gold shank. It was rough I obtained that he cut for me. At least these photos give you an idea of metal colors.

_24166.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

That's great it was completely undamaged, TL. How lucky. :)
I appreciate the close-up of your ring. Gah, it's so pretty. :lickout: I appreciate the display of metal colors, too. That does help!

UPDATE: IT JUST ARRIVED! :appl: Must find scissors to open the box...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And.....................

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that box open?

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: The one time I wanted to be left alone, two people came to my desk to talk about (work) stuff. Sorry! Excuse the awful nails. A few very quick pictures...

img_6052.jpg

img_6053.jpg

img_6055.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1416235716|3785096 said:
:lol: The one time I wanted to be left alone, two people came to my desk to talk about (work) stuff. Sorry! Excuse the awful nails. A few very quick pictures...

Beautiful stone, it reminds me of the color of your avatar, mint green with flashes of blue.

Are you taking those pics under fluorescent lights in your office? If so, it really looks nice there. Lots of gems look blah under fluorescents. We need sunshine pics too. :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. It looks to be the same colour as your avatar too. But, do you love it? What's the light source? If you will be wearing it most often in your office and you love the way it looks, I think it's a winner. The cut is impeccable as expected.

ETA
TL and I not only cross posted but were thinking the same thoughts.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1416235931|3785100 said:
ETA
TL and I not only cross posted but were thinking the same thoughts.

Eeerie!!! LOL!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice. On my monitor it looks too saturated to be called minty green, but yes it does resemble your avatar in my opinion too. Is it a keeper?

S

SparkliesLuver

hehe Thank you. :) TL and Chrono, you are too funny.

Your descriptions are pretty accurate - it's a bit deeper than minty green but it does have flashes of blue. :dance: And yes, I am at work under lovely fluorescent light. You're also right about it not looking blah here, which is what I was most worried about. This is where I will wear it the most so I was concerned about the green not looking so good. The cut is the best I've seen. There are tilt windows but as I've learned those are to be expected. But, man, when you look straight down it's beautiful. :D And I can't begin to describe how much I'm wowed by the size.

Verdict: KEEP! :D :love:

It's actually snowing right now - bah - but I might try to step outside at least for some other pictures. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So worth the incredible journey and wait. I think you've learned so much as you went through each stone, one by one. :appl: And the end result shows too. I cannot wait to see this lovely stone set.

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
So worth the incredible journey and wait. I think you've learned so much as you went through each stone, one by one. :appl: And the end result shows too. I cannot wait to see this lovely stone set.

Thank you, Chrono. I think so too. :) Yes, I've definitely learned a lot. Thank you too for all your help along the way.

Here are a couple additional photos by a window. It definitely comes alive with natural light, throwing colors from yellow-green to blue!

img_6056.jpg

img_6057.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results