shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does it take for GOG to find AVC?

diamondweasel

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
I’m pretty new here, but have been lurking for years!
So I’m looking for an AVC 2,3-2.7 preferred measurement 7.3-8mm. Color H- I- (J). VS2- Si 1 but eyeclean.
So I went to GOG website and they didn’t have anything with those specs. Lots of smaller stones though. Does anyone know how long it will take them to find me the sort of stone I’m looking for?
Weeks, months? I live in Europe so would be teally grateful for help.
@ rhino?

diamondweasel

Rough_Rock
Premium
Anyone with experience?

diamondweasel

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I saw this too and I’m very exited:love:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are nice photos of this stone under the thread titled 2 ct showdown. You can buy directly from AV or probably have GOG source the stone if you want to go through them

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AVCs need to be directly bought through Jonathan Weingarten at August Vintage. All new stones coming in will come through him. Starfacet already gave you the link to his site, so that is where you need to contact him as he does not work at GOG now. I believe he told me he has more 2+ ct stones on order, so do check with him to see what is coming in!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 are you saying that once GOG sells through their current inventory they will no longer carry or procure August Vintage stones for customers?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 are you saying that once GOG sells through their current inventory they will no longer carry or procure August Vintage stones for customers?

I cannot say that for sure. I haven't seen them adding any stones to their stock since he went out on his own, and they didn't add many the last few years. All I can tell you from my personal experience is that they stocked VERY few AVR stones over two carats the entire time they carried them, at least from the time I tried to find an AVR. It was virtually impossible to upgrade with the limited stock. Jonathan formed his own company because he wanted to expand the offerings of AV stones which he wasn't able to do before. He developed these stones and has a passion and vision to see these gorgeous stones be accessible, and I like supporting his business directly.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jon is a wonderful vendor and just a quality human being overall. I would not hesitate to contact him. He's very easy to work with and he will do whatever he can to get your dream stone on your finger!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen sells AVCs, but not 2+ ct, as far as I know

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen sells AVCs, but not 2+ ct, as far as I know

Yes, that is true! I believe there's a 1.75 and the rest are smaller, many just under and around 1-1.3 ct.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out Yoram's website for other vintage-flavoured cuts if you are not able to source an AVC:

http://gemconcepts.net

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium

This was posted an hour ago, exactly in your spec range! What luck!! Not on their site yet because it’s still awaiting its cert! I’d be putting this on hold ASAP!

Last edited:

Matt B

Rough_Rock
Trade
AVCs need to be directly bought through Jonathan Weingarten at August Vintage. All new stones coming in will come through him. Starfacet already gave you the link to his site, so that is where you need to contact him as he does not work at GOG now. I believe he told me he has more 2+ ct stones on order, so do check with him to see what is coming in!

Hey Diamondseeker2006, we are not sure where you got the highlighted information from, but this is not true. Good Old Gold is indeed an August Vintage retailer for AV cushion and rounds. Since Jonathan has decided to become the wholesaler of August Vintage, we at Good Old Gold have access to those diamonds **edited by moderator, no promotional language please**

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I didn't get my information from anywhere. It's my opinion that I go directly to the source when I buy something whenever possible. But I am very confused. If you say that entire inventory is available through GOG, why don't y'all have all the new stones published on your site?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 I prefer to go to the source too!

I think you're doing quite well at that so far!!!:lol: I've just dealt with Jonathan for close to 13 years and have bought a few stones from him, and I trust him. I saw him work so hard to develop these stones, and he did it because he truly loved it! He was one of the ones here on the forum years ago whose passion for well cut diamonds made the rest of us appreciate them, and I'll always be a loyal customer of Jon's!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you're doing quite well at that so far!!!:lol: I've just dealt with Jonathan for close to 13 years and have bought a few stones from him, and I trust him. I saw him work so hard to develop these stones, and he did it because he truly loved it! He was one of the ones here on the forum years ago whose passion for well cut diamonds made the rest of us appreciate them, and I'll always be a loyal customer of Jon's!
Agree with this whole post!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Diamondseeker2006, we are not sure where you got the highlighted information from, but this is not true. Good Old Gold is indeed an August Vintage retailer for AV cushion and rounds. Since Jonathan has decided to become the wholesaler of August Vintage, we at Good Old Gold have access to those diamonds **edited**

Matt, I don't have horse in this race, but wanted to clarify due to your statement bolded above.

My interpretation of your statement is you work at GOG. If so, I know PS requires trade professionals to be represented as such when posting on these boards. Right now, it appears you are not trade with your post above.

Could you please clarify which it is for us? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I'm confused too!

My understanding was that Jon began a new wholesale operation (August Vintage) that wouldn't directly serve the public. I thought Jon was still affiliated with GoG in an ownership capacity as well - is this not the case?

Does August Vintage sell direct-to-consumer?

@Rhino, if you see this... ::)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All August Vintage products are QA'd by me personally. This product in the video has not been QA'd by me so I look forward to properly vetting this.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matt B with all due respect (because I’m sure there are some lovely folks at GOG who would be great to work with), Jon was “the face of GOG” for a very long time. Most of us are pretty social-media-savvy and Jon has always been very present in that world. And many of us have learned so much from his YouTube videos over the years, which gives us a feeling of loyalty to him for all the hard work he’s done to educate consumers and bring us the best products possible. For these reasons, I’m afraid that GOG should probably expect to lose some customers to AVI now that Jon is no longer with GOG.

BTW, no snark intended whatsoever. Just wanted to possibly give you an insight into your target consumers’ thought process. :))

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I'm confused too!

My understanding was that Jon began a new wholesale operation (August Vintage) that wouldn't directly serve the public. I thought Jon was still affiliated with GoG in an ownership capacity as well - is this not the case?

@yssie Jon does absolutely sell to the public! His site is augustvintageinc.com. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I'm confused too!

He is selling direct because he doesn't have his entire wholesale operation set up yet. He is no longer with GOG.

Matt B

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh, I didn't get my information from anywhere. It's my opinion that I go directly to the source when I buy something whenever possible. But I am very confused. If you say that entire inventory is available through GOG, why don't y'all have all the new stones published on your site?

(Trade Member)

That’s a good question diamond seeker2008. It is GOG's understanding that they currently have access to most of the AV Round and Cushion diamond, but perhaps not all of them. The truth is that Good Old Gold has access to tens of thousands of diamonds (both branded and/or unbranded) that they do not put up on their website. Although unlisted, they have contributed to a larger percentage of their sales. Some might agree with the reasoning behind it and others might not agree. But regardless (as with many other companies), GOG prefers not to explain the reasons for their personal business decisions on a public forum.

During the last 38 years of business and for the foreseeable future, GOG will continue to address any of our wholesales questions regarding our website or business. Open lines of communication like that help to keep GOG in good standing with their numerous wholesalers.

GOG just felt the need to chime in to this thread to make sure that the public was not in jeopardy of being unintentionally misinformed regarding the specific highlighted text. It sounded to us more like a factual statement than an opinion, so we just wanted to clear that up to avoid any misunderstandings.

Matt B

Rough_Rock
Trade
Matt, I don't have horse in this race, but wanted to clarify due to your statement bolded above.

My interpretation of your statement is you work at GOG. If so, I know PS requires trade professionals to be represented as such when posting on these boards. Right now, it appears you are not trade with your post above.

Could you please clarify which it is for us? Thank you in advance.

(Trade Member)

Thank you for your suggestion. I am a member of the trade. That was my first post, so I will contact Pricescope tomorrow to make that change as I do not want to misinform the public. Once again, appreciated.. : )

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Matt B with all due respect (because I’m sure there are some lovely folks at GOG who would be great to work with), Jon was “the face of GOG” for a very long time. Most of us are pretty social-media-savvy and Jon has always been very present in that world. And many of us have learned so much from his YouTube videos over the years, which gives us a feeling of loyalty to him for all the hard work he’s done to educate consumers and bring us the best products possible. For these reasons, I’m afraid that GOG should probably expect to lose some customers to AVI now that Jon is no longer with GOG.

BTW, no snark intended whatsoever. Just wanted to possibly give you an insight into your target consumers’ thought process. :))

There may be some reasons you’d want to purchase from GOG or another vendor, assuming the price is the same. The upgrade policy is potentially one of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results