shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have one cheat day if the repercussions aren't too terrible (says the crazy woman who repeatedly eats noodles she's intolerant to).

Is it very bad when you stray off your restrictions? Do you feel it right away or can you get away with tiny things as long as it's not a full diet of gluten, diary and sugar?

Hehe definitely not a chef. I just love to eat. I'm also incredibly temperamental and when I want something, I want it that day. Over the years I've had to learn all sorts of dishes to appease my cravings.

For example right now I've got coffee choc chip chiffon cakes in the freezer. That's because on any given day I might decide I want a mini tiramisu cake. Too much trouble to bake a cake and frost it so I give myself a head start with the cake base already made (usually at night after dinner I do my basic cooking prep). If I wanted it tomorrow I'll just take out the mascarpone, cream, coffee liquor and assemble!

Haha it is a life very much driven by food!!! :mrgreen:

You're intolerant to noodles?:oI hope it's not the Vietnamese rice noodles?!

I am not badly allergic to them, as in I wouldn't need emergency care. But long term, those things are no good to me bc they cause inflammation in my body, which in turn cause joint pain amongst other things. In particular, dairy clogs up my sinus, gluten makes me..ahem..."irregular". I am also alcohol and caffeine free. I know I know, virtually anything fun or yummy is out of the q for me!:(sad It's weird bc I used to consume all these all the time, at any amounts and I'd have no reaction whatsoever. So to answer yr Q, I could consume a small amount but then I'd suffer for days afterwards.

I absolutely love love love food, like you. Unfortunately for me now, I can't just eat anything I want.

Tiramisu used to be one of my go-to desserts when dining out too.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix not all noodles thank goodness!!! Just one kind!!! Everything else is fine!

You know the mung bean vermicelli (bun tao or mien)? That makes me nauseous afterwards.

Oh dear that's no good. I was hoping you could get away with a little bit if you ate right the other days The mung bean vermicelli makes me feel nauseated but after an hour I'm back to normal. So I eat it all the time :lol-2:
Just got to lie down afterwards!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix not all noodles thank goodness!!! Just one kind!!! Everything else is fine!

You know the mung bean vermicelli (bun tao or mien)? That makes me nauseous afterwards.

Oh dear that's no good. I was hoping you could get away with a little bit if you ate right the other days The mung bean vermicelli makes me feel nauseated but after an hour I'm back to normal. So I eat it all the time :lol-2:
Just got to lie down afterwards!

Wow! That's crazy! I've never heard of anyone reacting to mien. Thank goodness it's mild for you.

Can you eat mung beans though?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still eating like a horse :lol:

We had fajitas yesterday, but DS sent me a photo of the brisket he’d cooked. Even if I do say so myself, it’s TDF, he’s really got it down to a fine art.

792C35FB-61D4-45DA-83C9-828F5D74AB95.jpeg 9F9A8F50-3DE3-4B16-98D0-453FFC1B83DC.jpeg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still eating like a horse :lol:

We had fajitas yesterday, but DS sent me a photo of the brisket he’d cooked. Even if I do say so myself, it’s TDF, he’s really got it down to a fine art.

792C35FB-61D4-45DA-83C9-828F5D74AB95.jpeg 9F9A8F50-3DE3-4B16-98D0-453FFC1B83DC.jpeg

What are his secret brisket moves?! That looks amazing!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a few good meals recently, home made gnocchi with prosciutto,
64993B65-187F-4E4D-B952-1FD39B8CAEF7.jpeg
Gnocchi again with beefcheek ragu
7ACFA46C-F287-44F9-ACD0-727298641DF8.jpeg
Braised cabbage with pickled onions on carrot purée
8D3BDA54-6C68-4BC2-B6AF-C70FA300B2BC.jpeg
Yoghurt pannacotta with crispy chickpeas
916F8780-29EE-4296-BBCF-759C7F676267.jpeg
the last two (no idea why the pannacotta is on its side) are from a local favourite restaurant who did a fancy meal dinner kit.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i should have photographed tonights tea - Gary really enjoyed it
appleslaw, carrot salad, chipolate (excuse spelling) chicken and tiny roast potatos, with his hunk of beetroot his plate just looked so pretty

wish me luck for breakfest
im attempting a baked french toast with the rest of the peanut butter bread
im going with a peanut butter and jelly theme although i hope it's not too sweet - i was going to spread strawberry jam on the cubes of bread but its too crumbly so i put a couple of desert spoons in the egg mix, tossed in a sad 1/2 cup of frozen berries and a sliced banana
i used coconut cream with the milk because i know i only need one cup of coconut cream for a Thai dish im making this week

i think it will need a side of bacon to keep Gary happy ....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i should have photographed tonights tea - Gary really enjoyed it
appleslaw, carrot salad, chipolate (excuse spelling) chicken and tiny roast potatos, with his hunk of beetroot his plate just looked so pretty

wish me luck for breakfest
im attempting a baked french toast with the rest of the peanut butter bread
im going with a peanut butter and jelly theme although i hope it's not too sweet - i was going to spread strawberry jam on the cubes of bread but its too crumbly so i put a couple of desert spoons in the egg mix, tossed in a sad 1/2 cup of frozen berries and a sliced banana
i used coconut cream with the milk because i know i only need one cup of coconut cream for a Thai dish im making this week

i think it will need a side of bacon to keep Gary happy ....

Good luck Nicky!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you've all seen the cake before but look at my new cup set!!!!!! I bought it for myself as a Mother's day present!

I love it so so so much!!!

IMG_20200513_224618.jpg

And my cup cupboard because I can!

IMG_20200513_222219.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your quiche looks delicious @Austina! :lickout:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barely eating now. Everything hurts when it goes through my small intestine. When I got out of hospital last week I was SO hungry, I tried some fish soup made with a home-made bone broth base, and a side of fried broccolini. Here's the photo. Looks like heaven....

20200510_190241.jpg

...went down like hell and ended up putting me back in the ER. So now my diet is basically clear fluids, steamed white fish, pureed apple, dry crackers, and egg flips. It's a weird diet, but it will be enough to get me through the procedures of the next few weeks. Luckily, I still want to lose another 15 lbs. I can't imagine having the full auto-immune gut thing and starting at a healthy weight. Keto, Paleo, Atkins, Weight Watchers - none of those diets have anything on the chronic gut inflammation diet.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor you @mrs-b it sounds absolutely awful :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I have eggs I need to use up. What did you put in your quiche? I usually put bacon but I don’t have any..I do have Swiss cheese..

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Austina I have eggs I need to use up. What did you put in your quiche? I usually put bacon but I don’t have any..I do have Swiss cheese..

Do you have any spinach? Even arugula would work. Any jarred roasted peppers? Any tomatoes? Sun dried tomatoes would work. For fresh tomatoes, you could cut them and pan burst/char them before putting them in. Even canned artichoke hearts work.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any spinach? Even arugula would work. Any jarred roasted peppers? Any tomatoes? Sun dried tomatoes would work. For fresh tomatoes, you could cut them and pan burst/char them before putting them in. Even canned artichoke hearts work.

Thank you @elizat...I’m so boring...I stick with my tried and trues. Time to branch out!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, I used mushrooms, bacon, onion and mozzarella cheese, but you can use anything really. If I make a frittata, I just throw in whatever needs using up.

We had Spag Bol tonight, usually have wholewheat pasta, but couldn‘t get any, so it‘s ‘white’ spaghetti.

4110FC23-0B27-4052-BFF8-C444531F13EB.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, I used mushrooms, bacon, onion and mozzarella cheese, but you can use anything really. If I make a frittata, I just throw in whatever needs using up.

We had Spag Bol tonight, usually have wholewheat pasta, but couldn‘t get any, so it‘s ‘white’ spaghetti.

4110FC23-0B27-4052-BFF8-C444531F13EB.jpeg

Omg..That looks so good! I can’t read this thread! Haha My stomach is growling and I had my lunch!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @telephone89. I told my mom to call all her neighbors but she only called those she is friendly with so that is probably what happened. I feel bad that someone missed their order and I do hope they got a free replacement. It's weird that there was no bill or order info attached.

Omg! A few weeks ago our doorbell rang at 12:54 am and freaked us out!!! We saw a car leaving our driveway! We were half asleep and afraid to open the door bc it’s past midnight! Hubby finally opened the door after the car left, only to find McDonald’s bags on our doorstep. After a few minutes we saw our neighbor wandering around and we figured it was his. Lol. I laugh now but it freaked us out bc it was sooo late and hubby and I never do food delivery!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! A few weeks ago our doorbell rang at 12:54 am and freaked us out!!! We saw a car leaving our driveway! We were half asleep and afraid to open the door bc it’s past midnight! Hubby finally opened the door after the car left, only to find McDonald’s bags on our doorstep. After a few minutes we saw our neighbor wandering around and we figured it was his. Lol. I laugh now but it freaked us out bc it was sooo late and hubby and I never do food delivery!

So jealous -- I WISH a food delivery was left on our porch by accident! The only thing that delivers here in this rural-ish area is pizza, and not the good pizza place either. We have ordered from the good place three times now (in 2 months) and picked it up, but for the most part it's all home made food here. I haven't had a Big Mac in yearrrrrrs, but if I found one on my front porch I'd snarf it down SO fast! :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results