shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure there is one around, else, there would be acacia pancakes! Neither pseudoacacia not edel do well where I am; last year I did take day trips to get to them - not this year. I am in a semi-desert mountain area of Spain, which is now in full bloom - after an unusually long round of rain, a full month longer than usual, but the species on the groud have ot changed... The figs will start in a couple of weeks & even now, their green fruit are tempting to sugar [nts.]

Mhhh, Spanish fresh figs and Nisperos from the tree... Childhood memories.. ..

The syrup is very tasty.. And tonight is beignet time again!

IMG-20200506-WA0020.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
we had lovelly thick rosemarie pork steaks for tea, hash browns, fried egg, peas & corn with half of a large tomato each from the garden
and now im starving ....
so we are having half a doz chicken nuggets and bread and butter for supper

tea = dinner
supper = a late evening snack

im thinking about making a fruit loaf for breakfast with some frozen berries ...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How am I eating during the virus lockdown?

Same as before.

I put food in my mouth.
I chew.
I swallow.

:lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any hint what restaurant it is from? If so, maybe call and confirm who picked it up. If it was a delivery accidentally at wrong house, I would probably eat it (assuming prompt finding do not left sitting).
Another idea is that some churches and synagogues are bringing meals to older members. If they are associated with any place, might check there to see if it was left for them.

I would be nervous eating something I couldn't track down. I know it is very unlikely, but the slim chance of someone taking advantage of the virus to make people sick would keep me not quite able to trust.

No hint whatsoever. That is exactly why I was hesitant and while I loathe to throw out food under any circumstance especially this one I just would rather err on the side of safety.

I just made an iced spiced chai with heavy cream. Yum!! (Dr ordered me to eat lots of dairy for the next week...)

Yummm sounds delish.
How are you and B doing today?
Continued good thoughts being sent your way @TooPatient.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
are you getting your money back ?
You know they had the nerve to tell me I'll get my refund in 3-5 days??? Luckily after I got off the phone with them (and went to drive through myself to pick up the food, because, you can't promise something to toddlers and not deliver. Oh the meltdowns!), I got an email saying "oh how lucky you are, we canceled the order before the charge went through so you won't be charged!" :roll2:

It’s a weird policy, but one driver pointed out - they can’t take a delivery back, even if it’s at the wrong house. Would you really trust a delivery to someone else’s house, left for X Amt time, picked up, re delivered
Sounds way worse.
Yeah very true. I just wanted to know what happened to my order. I even did a quick look around of my neighbors to see if the take out bags were sitting in their front porch :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not very healthy!. Think I gained at least 5 lbs since the lockdown. I'll probably die from obesity before I die from catching the virus.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain Greek lowfat yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for lunch, and planning on homemade veggie 3-bean chili with guac & pico de gallo for dinner ... pretty healthy-ish, right?? lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know they had the nerve to tell me I'll get my refund in 3-5 days??? Luckily after I got off the phone with them (and went to drive through myself to pick up the food, because, you can't promise something to toddlers and not deliver. Oh the meltdowns!), I got an email saying "oh how lucky you are, we canceled the order before the charge went through so you won't be charged!" :roll2:

Yeah very true. I just wanted to know what happened to my order. I even did a quick look around of my neighbors to see if the take out bags were sitting in their front porch :lol:

i have never been a parent so i only know half of the child parent equation, so i totally get why you had to go out and get what they had been promised

it always mades me mad at KFC when my order is mucked up - i think what If that had been a small child's ? ...or a teenager's dinner - sorry kid baked beans on toast tonight - just imangine it
do these places have no empathy ? :angryfire:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made Vietnamese jelly (Rau Cau)

It's vegan and flavoured with coconut cream and natural pandan that I pureed from fresh leaves

IMG_20200508_204259.jpg
IMG_20200508_204344.jpg

did you learn all this from your mum or grandma? (what is the word for granny in Vietnamese?)
you are so clever
i once tried making turkish delight and it was like concrete jelly

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im baking a berry loaf
frozen berries but you can make muffins with frozen berries so im sure it will turn out
of course i fiddled with the recepie;)2
i desided i better use up that 12 year old box of cocoa because although it has been perfectly ok till now i font think its probably going to keep too well once its opened ...?? any excuse to chocolafi something !

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GUYYYYSSSSS my house smells so good right now. Making some braised short ribs. This was a req from my husband since its been kinda gross and rainy. So something warm and smells up the house all day making us hungry lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not very healthy!. Think I gained at least 5 lbs since the lockdown. I'll probably die from obesity before I die from catching the virus.

Only 5? I found myself eating salt and vinegar chips the other night--I'm like what the hell are these things and why am I eating them?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
did you learn all this from your mum or grandma? (what is the word for granny in Vietnamese?)
you are so clever
i once tried making turkish delight and it was like concrete jelly

Haha no. A cooking blog!!! When I first moved out of home all these cooking blogs by these very experienced, super Asian cooks cropped up. It was the era when blogs first started. They shared some amazing recipes and cooking tips.

But speaking of grandmas my grandmother on my dad's side was awesome. She passed away at 78. The day before she passed away she went and cooked all day for this big wedding in the village. Then she went home, had dinner, went to bed and passed away in her sleep.

That's how I would love to go out! She was an awesome woman. Sharp as a tack and efficient to the very end.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha no. A cooking blog!!! When I first moved out of home all these cooking blogs by these very experienced, super Asian cooks cropped up. It was the era when blogs first started. They shared some amazing recipes and cooking tips.

But speaking of grandmas my grandmother on my dad's side was awesome. She passed away at 78. The day before she passed away she went and cooked all day for this big wedding in the village. Then she went home, had dinner, went to bed and passed away in her sleep.

That's how I would love to go out! She was an awesome woman. Sharp as a tack and efficient to the very end.

that's so funny about the blogs - Gary watches a few Asian cooks on u tube along with his American pit boys. com bbq fix
right now he is obsessed with finding the real version of Sarastcha sauce !

that's a fine end to a good life, your gran
my grandad just dropped dead in the garden out in the sunshine doing what he loved
and as sad as it is to loose a grandparent in hindsight i think they were both very fortunate

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only 5? I found myself eating salt and vinegar chips the other night--I'm like what the hell are these things and why am I eating them?

Yes! Why aren't you eating dill pickle or all dressed chips instead?? :P2

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm planning on pancakes tomorrow morning. I bought GF mix by accident so we'll see how it goes!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
as someone who never ever has sugar in or on porrage or any kind of fruit i find it strange my loaf tastes like it needs more sugar
and its crying out for vinnila
i think next time ill make it without the cocoa and add choc chips and maybe use brown sugar 20200509_133345.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

did they make your mouth pucker ?
id have to be pretty desperate to eat those
i do not enjoy anything remotely to do with vinegur
Gary did buy himself a bag but he got me chicken
i made them into sandwhiches - seedy bread ;)2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Why aren't you eating dill pickle or all dressed chips instead?? :P2

Ohhhh dill pickle! I could wrap my head around those!!!!! Dill popcorn. mmmmmmmm

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
did they make your mouth pucker ?
id have to be pretty desperate to eat those
i do not enjoy anything remotely to do with vinegur
Gary did buy himself a bag but he got me chicken
i made them into sandwhiches - seedy bread ;)2

I guess I am OK during this pandemic cuz I drink ETOH and eat acetic acid chips. Cleansers. It is the new normal.:bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came back from an early Mother's Day dinner. DD#2 will be working on Mother's Day so we celebrated early.

SIL had Clam Chowder and Salmon Bisque delivered to his front door from Seattle.

IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG

Lobster and Clam Chowder delivered from Maine.

IMG_1065.JPG

SIL made Lobster sandwiches and it was really good! ..:lickout:
IMG_1068.JPG

Smoked beef ribs ...

IMG_1070.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Made profiteroles with chocolate sauce for dessert

IMG_20200509_224639.jpg

OMG that's so clevor :appl:
i can't make shoe (excuse spelling- i can't spell French either) pastry although one season of Aussie master cheif i got really tempted

at home mum would make a pav most weeks and also a chocolate eclair ring from the yokes for pudding one night tjrough the week
she made it in a ring shape filled with cream and tinned peaches

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results