shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought take away sushi for lunch. It was sooooo good and I had ever intention of taking a pic for you guys but I basically inhaled it as soon as I got home

*Hangs head in shame*

AV_

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greg's dinner last night. Spaghetti and cheese and beans with veggies and spinach and avocado.

gregsdinnerlastnight.png

That made my mouth water @missy! Greg can do it all! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Move over girls. I love my avocados.

And I eat them every single day. Just keep hoping we can continue getting them. They are so good.
Enjoyed it in my dinner this evening.

dinnersaladgrilledonionssweetpotatoesbrusselsprouts.png

@missy That looks so good! Please tell me what’s in the salad..I think I see Brussels sprouts too...Yummmmmm

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this tastes alot yummy than in looks
in fact Gary went from bearly wanting one to having three

last might doing the grocery order i really felt like fish this week but crumbed frozen fish seemed to be in short supply -
only fish cakes
and i thought with a pantry full of tuna ill just make my own

running a bit short on breadcrumbs so when the mix seemed a bit too moist i used some rolled oats - Gary didn't even notice:lol-2:

sweet chillie tuna with last night's mash spud mixed with grated carrot and kumera (sweet potato) that had been fried with some cabbage and onion
plenty of seasoning and herbs and hot sauce mixed together with an egg and the juice of a large lemon
plus a big handfull of frozen peas and some cheese

i had mine with an egg
it was surposed to be served with appleslaw ...but that never happened 20200511_135611.jpg

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Classic Pot Roast (with vegan beaf), served with brown rice and fresh baked bread. :lickout:

Pot Roast.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy That looks so good! Please tell me what’s in the salad..I think I see Brussels sprouts too...Yummmmmm

Grilled onions, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted Brussel sprouts, Arugula, Cabbage, baby Spinach, carrots, and Sardines. Plus ACV as I use that as the salad dressing. It doesn't look very pretty IMO but it tastes pretty darn yummy. LOL now I am making myself hungry for dinner at 7:07AM. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take out dinner! Sooo good! Had crispy salt and pepper pork too but it wasn't in the pic.

Plus some pastries Lil Sis brought over

IMG_20200510_183138.jpg

IMG-20200510-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200510-WA0000.jpg

Those pastries look incredible!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those pastries look incredible!

They are so good. She bought me a bunch! I used to eat one and then lament sadly for hours that it was gone. I think she got sick of hearing it :lol-2:

I've got an airfryer so when I reheat them in the air fryer and then cool them to room temp they taste as good as new!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so good. She bought me a bunch! I used to eat one and then lament sadly for hours that it was gone. I think she got sick of hearing it :lol-2:

I've got an airfryer so when I reheat them in the air fryer and then cool them to room temp they taste as good as new!

Oh that sounds amazing. I never used an air fryer but just the name sounds delicious lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grilled onions, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted Brussel sprouts, Arugula, Cabbage, baby Spinach, carrots, and Sardines. Plus ACV as I use that as the salad dressing. It doesn't look very pretty IMO but it tastes pretty darn yummy. LOL now I am making myself hungry for dinner at 7:07AM. :lol:

Yum! I don’t eat fish or shellfish so I would make it with grilled chicken..I love Brussels sprouts..I never thought about putting it in a salad. I am not adventurous in creating meals. I’m going to try it. I ordered some avocados. Double yummmmm...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum! I don’t eat fish or shellfish so I would make it with grilled chicken..I love Brussels sprouts..I never thought about putting it in a salad. I am not adventurous in creating meals. I’m going to try it. I ordered some avocados. Double yummmmm...

Oh I forgot! I have (almost a full half) avocado in my salad every day! It makes the salad. So rich and good. Hope you enjoy your creation! It sounds YUMMY.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I forgot! I have (almost a full half) avocado in my salad every day! It makes the salad. So rich and good. Hope you enjoy your creation! It sounds YUMMY.

Do I scrub or soak the avocado before peeling it @missy?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Since we are talking about avocados and loaf breads....

My husband made me avocado toast with lemon salt and crumbled bacon for Mother’s Day breakfast, and my daughter made me a banana nut loaf which I ate this morning for breakfast! Yum :)

E875D656-F77F-4BFE-90CF-6449C7809A48.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do I scrub or soak the avocado before peeling it @missy?

I wash it with food grade soap and water and rinse very thoroughly before I cut it in half and de-pit it and scoop out the avocado.

Since we are talking about avocados and loaf breads....

My husband made me avocado toast with lemon salt and crumbled bacon for Mother’s Day breakfast, and my daughter made me a banana nut loaf which I ate this morning for breakfast! Yum :)

E875D656-F77F-4BFE-90CF-6449C7809A48.jpeg

Ohh emm geee that looks amazing. So good. :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are my absolute fave...or would be if I allowed myself sugar, gluten and dairy! Maybe if I had 1 cheat day?;-)

@mellowyellowgirl , you sure you're not a professional chef?:)

Have one cheat day if the repercussions aren't too terrible (says the crazy woman who repeatedly eats noodles she's intolerant to).

Is it very bad when you stray off your restrictions? Do you feel it right away or can you get away with tiny things as long as it's not a full diet of gluten, diary and sugar?

Hehe definitely not a chef. I just love to eat. I'm also incredibly temperamental and when I want something, I want it that day. Over the years I've had to learn all sorts of dishes to appease my cravings.

For example right now I've got coffee choc chip chiffon cakes in the freezer. That's because on any given day I might decide I want a mini tiramisu cake. Too much trouble to bake a cake and frost it so I give myself a head start with the cake base already made (usually at night after dinner I do my basic cooking prep). If I wanted it tomorrow I'll just take out the mascarpone, cream, coffee liquor and assemble!

Haha it is a life very much driven by food!!! :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results