Votes: 1 100.0%
  • YELLOW w/WHITE shutters

• YELLOW w/ RED shutters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I like it too! Once all the trim is done it''s going to look great! Your house has a lot of character, the purple sets it off nicely!

And hey, just curious, what did the painters think? Or did they not say anything, LOL?! I bet they were happy to see a COLOR and not just tan, white or cream for a change!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL wow, that does look totally different. I think it both looks pretty good, especially when the look is finished. It must be like DSS...once you get used to it, it''s gonna look TAME and you will want to paint it fuschia or something!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I really like it! Colors are so hard because they do look so so different at different times of day.

And how the HECK did they do it that fast? My house took a week or so to paint and prep.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol one thing popped into my head when Ara Ann asked about what the painters thought.

what about what the NEIGHBORS thought? can you believe going to work one day and then coming home to find your neighbor's house is purple? hahaha.
6.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:27:16 PM
Author: Mara
wow that last shot really shows the gray in the color but the other two do not. interesting for sure...so when the sun is out it prob seems more grayish purple but without sun it looks more like true primary purple.
Right??? It was much lighter, grayer ... more like the "starset dream house" picture when I left here and then I came back home to Plummy! I guess its just a trick of light because there is only one coat on there right now.

Thanks for the "talk down", Mara. I do remember your reaction to the purple house. And the brick contrast is nice ... and it looked amazing with the greenery this a.m.. Breathe in ... breathe out ... anyone got a paper bag?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 5:32:56 PM
Author: decodelighted
HHHH ** EEEE *** LLLL *** PPPPP!!!!
Its, um, purple. Oh yeah. Very purple. They came alright. They showed up and now the house is P-U-R-P-L-E.

At first I was like .. hey, looks cool ... and then I had to go to work ... and then I got home and the light is lower and 95% of the house is purple and I''m starting to panic a little. Okay. A lot.

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Okay, I''m going to admit something. When I had the house painted, I came the afternoon they started and were about 80% done and FREAKED OUT in my car. I wondered what the heck I had done. It was SO SO bright. But then I told myself to chill out and wait until the trim and window frames were done before I went into full on FOM (freak out mode). I came the next day and the trim, windows and front porch was stained and it all just worked.

All that being said- I LOVE THE PURPLE. LOVE IT. Once you get everything done it will all fall in place and pretty soon you won''t remember that you didn''t used to have a purple house.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:28:49 PM
Author: Ara Ann
Oh, I like it too! Once all the trim is done it''s going to look great! Your house has a lot of character, the purple sets it off nicely!

And hey, just curious, what did the painters think? Or did they not say anything, LOL?! I bet they were happy to see a COLOR and not just tan, white or cream for a change!
2.gif
Thanks Ara Ann! LOL ... the painters were funny & diplomatic. I had to probe further. So I got it out of them that they haven''t painted a house quite this shade before ... usually purples are more in the blackberry family or very light lavender. They seemed to dig the, um, departure from the norm I guess. They just finished painting some Love Shack a half dozen colors though so they''d be hard to stun at this point.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:29:06 PM
Author: TravelingGal
LOL wow, that does look totally different. I think it both looks pretty good, especially when the look is finished. It must be like DSS...once you get used to it, it''s gonna look TAME and you will want to paint it fuschia or something!
HA!! Paint Madness Syndrome. Maybe not Fuschia ... but the Raspberry sounds good! I''ll just go through all the sherbert colors & then start on Bubble Yum.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:34:22 PM
Author: neatfreak
Ohhh I really like it! Colors are so hard because they do look so so different at different times of day. And how the HECK did they do it that fast? My house took a week or so to paint and prep.
Thanks Neatfreak. I didn't even wanna post these pictures so close in the thread to your gorgeous final product. Have cinnamon/pumpkin envy! But not the right house for it. I HAD NO IDEA how fast they'd be. There were a lot of guys here. I'll say that much. And I heard a lot of banging & scraping this morning so I know they're doing that stuff too. I almost fainted when I walked out the door w/all my bags & saw a whole side of our house purple ALREADY. Craziness!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
REALLY REALLY Pretty! And I voted first for the Yellow house!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Hey Deco- I believe you can see a pic of my raspberry jam house here in the second post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-thread-for-houses.118433/page-3

A friend came over on Friday and she called to ask me the house number. When she finally got there, she told me she was looking on the wrong side of the street for the "pink" house. I told her to refer to it as guava colored.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 6:38:52 PM
Author: April20
Okay, I''m going to admit something. When I had the house painted, I came the afternoon they started and were about 80% done and FREAKED OUT in my car. I wondered what the heck I had done. It was SO SO bright. But then I told myself to chill out and wait until the trim and window frames were done before I went into full on FOM (freak out mode). I came the next day and the trim, windows and front porch was stained and it all just worked.

All that being said- I LOVE THE PURPLE. LOVE IT. Once you get everything done it will all fall in place and pretty soon you won''t remember that you didn''t used to have a purple house.
2.gif
Oh April20 ... that *does* make me feel better. I was pretty cool this a.m. so DID NOT expect to feel all shaky & WHAT HAVE I DONE this afternoon. Your house is sooooooooo adorable & funky & charming. I love the "guava"-ish-ness. Thanks for the support/confession/linkie!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm that guava house is making me want some guava cake...there is a fab bakery near us that specializes in it!!! super cute april.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 5:59:45 PM
Author: decodelighted
Is it just this dark because the sun is behind the house at this point? It DID NOT look this dark this morning.

sweatdrops sweatdrops sweatdrops
Oh I LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
9.gif
Can't wait to see it all done; I love the purple!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,
Guess what?? I think it looks awesome. I did have my doubts, but I really love the color!!! I can''t wait to see it once it''s all done. No sweat my dear, it''s fab!!! Really....

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Don''t panic, my dear....it really does look great.

It''s just that the change is SO drastic that it will take a bit of acclimation. Once the shock of the difference wears off, I''m sure you''ll love it.

For what it''s worth, I LOVE it in purple. It somehow draws out the charm in your home.

Once they clean up the window casings, etc., you''ll be thrilled.
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Your purple house looks great Deco!!! Congrats on going for it!!
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks AprilBaby, Skippy123, Kaleigh, AllisonD & Himr!!!! You guys are doing a phenomenal job of calming me down.

DH loved how the pictures looked -- even the dark ones. But he didn''t get home until pitch dark tonight so hasn''t seen it "for real". I''m kind of ALONE in my "real life" perception ... except for one of our next door neighbors who got home about the same time I did. He was supportive/polite.

The color looked *really* cool against all the natural greenery in the yard. Gonna try to concentrate on that until I can get the whole "finished product" picture & "adjust" etc. In the planning stages one of my neighbor said he was afraid a medium color would make the house look smaller. Well I have news for HIM. When something is painted PURPLE - it looms LARGE! My house looks GIANT from the side now. LOL! One worry crossed off.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT! Seriously, it looks fantastic and not too dark at all to me! But my house is brick so I think I''m used to dark houses!
3.gif
Plus obviously going from white to purple is quite the change! Oooh I can''t wait to see it with the shutters and everything!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I
emlove.gif
IT!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

36.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great. It''s going to look even better/cleaner and pop once you have the shutters, door, trim done. You moved fast, congrats on your dream purple house!!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It''s going to look great! I love the orange door so much that I''m considering doing it myself!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you feeling better about it today?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I personally think it looks great.
2.gif
Hopefully the shock has turned into excitement!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Thing2, Starset, Janinegirly, Cnspotts, & Packrat! My shock *has* turned to excitement -- maybe a little TOO much excitement. I contracted COLOR FEVER and may have departed from the original plan a bit. After a feverish few days of painting around here I think they're finishing up tomorrow & if the weather holds out I might have some pictures to post -- if not tomorrow, Sat.

Seems to be growing on the neighbors slowly but surely. A few stopped today & took cards from the painting co! It could be a Regular RAINBOW around here come Spring.
31.gif

More soon!

35.gif
13.gif
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
:) I''m so happy for you that you finally got your purple house and you love it! I love it too! Can''t wait to see what the rest of your choices are!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
****** FINISHED!!! *******

Its a cloudy day so the pictures aren''t ideal but I wanted to show you guys as soon as possible -- since you all were such a big help/encouragement during the mind-numbing, nerve-crumbling, head-scratching process.

Some last minute changes you''ll probably see right away -- mostly love them. Gonna give them some time at least before plotting any adjustments.

Here comes purple ....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The front.

purplefrontofhouse.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
More purple.

moreside.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
With flowers.

purpleside.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results