Votes: 1 100.0%
  • YELLOW w/WHITE shutters

• YELLOW w/ RED shutters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pricescope Pals ... Please Help!! (By voting, commenting, etc.) My head hurts trying to figure this out!

First up: the original, current color scheme ... WHITE w/ KELLY GREEN shutters

1originalscheme.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
First PURPLE/WHITE combo

1purplewhitepix.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I voted yellow and white but I also love yellow and green and I can''t vote twice!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd PURPLE/WHITE combo

2purplewhiteno2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
YELLOW w/ WHITE

3yellowwhite.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
YELLOW w/ RED

4yellowred.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
YELLOW w/ GREEN

5yellowgreen.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:30:21 PM
Author: Porridge
I voted yellow and white but I also love yellow and green and I can''t vote twice!
What about after you''ve seen the pix?
3.gif
Still? Thanks for voting!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute house! I voted yellow and green but I also like the yellow red!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Deco, I voted for none of them.

The original colour white and green would be my choice if I had to pick one.

I would prefer a more natural colour ideally a sage green and cream or taupe and cream.

Great photoshop skills though!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:33:35 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Cute house! I voted yellow and green but I also like the yellow red!
Thanks AprilBaby! The red isn''t quite right - but the program we used is a little iffy. The red is more of a blue/red lipstick kind of red rather than this glowing ketchup neon red. The green is pretty close though, as are the other colors. Red''s the only one that got funky.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked the yellow/red combo but I was thinking not such a bright red. I was thinking more of a darker tone of red...reds are
hard.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m wondering about the roofing. How would you describe the shingles? Are you planning on replacing those anytime soon? If so, what would you be looking at?

I, too, love the look of the house! A little cape cod with a good dose of gothic thrown in!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love purple #2! Very cute. Plus I bet a darker color would look better longer.

ETA my second choice would probably be the original color scheme. And I really, really don't like yellow with red for some reason!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:39:27 PM
Author: Steel
Sorry Deco, I voted for none of them. The original colour white and green would be my choice if I had to pick one. I would prefer a more natural colour ideally a sage green and cream or taupe and cream. Great photoshop skills though!
Thanks Steel ... we did consider sage green originally but our living room color is that right now & I find it so depressing ... have been aching to change it to yellow! Also, there''s a house down the street very similar to ours that has kind of olivey sage green paint with rust colored shutters. So we eliminated mellow greens.
The other houses right around us are all taupe or grey siding. We''re kinda locked into WHITE white trim because we''re not doing the windows & gutters right now & the windows & gutters are all currently white. Also, our fence is white. I hear ya about sage/cream though -- very soothing, classy combo.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:42:09 PM
Author: tyty333
I picked the yellow/red combo but I was thinking not such a bright red. I was thinking more of a darker tone of red...reds are hard.
Thanks Tyty. Yes, the red would be different. A truer blueish red rather than the yellowish red. I like the *idea* of it more than I actually like the look of it. Can''t get Ketchup & Mustard out of my head. Don''t wanna live in a Hot Dog.
3.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:33:29 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 10/4/2009 6:30:21 PM

Author: Porridge

What about after you''ve seen the pix?
3.gif
Still? Thanks for voting!
After pix I''m favouring the yellow/green combo!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:44:12 PM
Author: Upgradable
I'm wondering about the roofing. How would you describe the shingles? Are you planning on replacing those anytime soon? If so, what would you be looking at?
Thanks Uppie! I'd say the roof is a medium gray & probably has about five more years on it. We'd probably redo it just before selling maybe barring leaking problems before then or signs of serious damage. Haven't given a lot of thought to our *next* roof ... imagine it would be along the same lines as the current one?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
It seems to me that last year you had the same painting dilemma, and were actually considering Purple then too. I don''t like any of your choices except the original white with green shutters. A variation of the greens might be nice with cream, but PLZZZ don''t paint that lovely Cap Cod PURPLE. It makes my eyes bleed to even think of it.
23.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I like this and it has the trim as both cream (ish) and black... what do you think?

decoinspirationoct2009.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:44:42 PM
Author: thing2of2
I love purple #2! Very cute. Plus I bet a darker color would look better longer.

ETA my second choice would probably be the original color scheme. And I really, really don''t like yellow with red for some reason!
You''re reading my MIND Thing2.
3.gif
My husband really likes the yellow & I have to agree that it would be easier to sell a yellow house than a purple one. I''ve been dreaming of painting this place purple for SEVEN LONG YEARS but have never had the guts to. May still NOT have the guts to - also picked up a fella w/an opinion of his own along the way. LOL!
31.gif
11.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:46:57 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 10/4/2009 6:39:27 PM
Author: Steel
Sorry Deco, I voted for none of them. The original colour white and green would be my choice if I had to pick one. I would prefer a more natural colour ideally a sage green and cream or taupe and cream. Great photoshop skills though!
Thanks Steel ... we did consider sage green originally but our living room color is that right now & I find it so depressing ... have been aching to change it to yellow! Also, there''s a house down the street very similar to ours that has kind of olivey sage green paint with rust colored shutters. So we eliminated mellow greens.
The other houses right around us are all taupe or grey siding. We''re kinda locked into WHITE white trim because we''re not doing the windows & gutters right now & the windows & gutters are all currently white. Also, our fence is white. I hear ya about sage/cream though -- very soothing, classy combo.
Oh heck. I should have read your reply BEFORE I set off researching cute photo''s and almost CERTAINLY before I spent an age resizing the photo solely by chopping bits and pieces off it because DH does not have the photo editor I use on this PC. Still I hope you like the pic - it probably reminds you of your neighbours. But I gotta say; they have got taste
11.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooh, I like the one Steel posted. I also like taupe, white and green. Taupe house, white trim and green shutters.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My favourite colour combo for a house is white walls, light blue trim and dark blue shutters.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you like yellow you could do a dark burgundy for the shutters. London''s room is yellow and we have burgundy in it and I looove it!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I really like the first, deeper purple with the white shutters.

ETA: I also like the cornflower blue idea! Or maybe a more muted blue/grey, like this?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:55:06 PM
Author: isaku5
It seems to me that last year you had the same painting dilemma, and were actually considering Purple then too. I don''t like any of your choices except the original white with green shutters. A variation of the greens might be nice with cream, but PLZZZ don''t paint that lovely Cap Cod PURPLE. It makes my eyes bleed to even think of it.
23.gif
LOL! You''re right Isaku. We were planning on painting last year but ended up having to do some carpentry work to the house before it was ready for paint. Then it was winter. Then it was spring. We finally go the work done & now are antsy to get paint on now before the snow comes AGAIN.
3.gif
Sorry for making your eyes bleed!
35.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 7:13:49 PM
Author: EBree
I really like the first, deeper purple with the white shutters.

ETA: I also like the cornflower blue idea! Or maybe a more muted blue/grey, like this?

I think that color is beautiful too! Maybe with white shutters? Looks very Cape Cod.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I love yellow with the green shutters. Another fave combo of mine is yellow with slate blue shutters... Just a thought. My house is white with green shutters. Just had it painted this summer, they were here for a long time.

Next is a new roof!!!! So not looking forward to that. In our old house, I came home from the hospital, had a terrible leak and had a new roof put on after a C section. I should have gone to a hotel, that was the worst!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results