Votes: 1 100.0%
  • YELLOW w/WHITE shutters

• YELLOW w/ RED shutters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the screen door should be the door color (personally). Also I STILL vote for orange. Orange and purple look awesome together in the right tones. My second choice would be red. Luckily doors are easy and cheap to paint so if you mess up, you repaint it!
2.gif
Not sure what my shutter vote is yet
25.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Yep, another vote for door and screen door the same color.
Right now BF has a maroon metal screen door so I want to paint his front door that same color instead of the white it is.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Deco, if hub is getting thin on patience, I''d approach it a bit differently. Sometimes it''s hard to make a choice when things are ''abstract'' and easier when they become reality.

I''d focus on getting the house painted for now. Once you begin to do that, I''m sure it will be easier to figure out what will work well. Also, it will put a little bit of time down with no angsting, and then you can revisit the door/shutters with renewed vigor.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
The white shutters look great too though! Besides - you can *always* go back and just do shutters some other year if you want to change it up without doing a whole lot... instant facelift some decade away from now :)

However - I really do think getting a sample of the red and trying it next to the purple in the sun/shade locations the doors will be in is essential. The wrong red will throw it - and I don''t remember what luxurious red looks like anymore lol The program is limited - there I thought red bay looked best but really it''s an eye in person thing to decide :)

Also - don''t be afraid to break rules IF YOU LOVE IT. Because that is ALL that matters :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 12:16:24 PM
Author: Allison D.
Deco, if hub is getting thin on patience, I''d approach it a bit differently. Sometimes it''s hard to make a choice when things are ''abstract'' and easier when they become reality.

I''d focus on getting the house painted for now. Once you begin to do that, I''m sure it will be easier to figure out what will work well. Also, it will put a little bit of time down with no angsting, and then you can revisit the door/shutters with renewed vigor.

Excellent idea - get moving on what you are certain of and the rest will fall into place :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 12:16:24 PM
Author: Allison D.

Al you are VERY WISE...hehee.

I also have been thinking the same thing...get the house painted. You know what color you want. Then you can actually paint sample shutters and hold them up etc etc, paint swatches for the door etc. It will be easier once the BIG part is done and then hub might be a bit more interested in ''finishing'' it up. When it seems like a huge project to tackle sometimes you think getting ALL the pieces in place is best, but I say just start.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
So... how goes it Deco?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I really like the white shutters and red door combo. Are you going with Mythical?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco just wanted to give you an update on what we did (since you asked). Changed the door color at the last minute and am happy I did. LOVE this orangey-red color (Cinnamon by BM). It's a little more orange in person...but still deep and rich.

Not sure on the trim color-might be stone taupe? The body color near the door is Indian River (this was to bring out this area of the house which is otherwise quite recessed). The rest of the house is Buckhorn. All by BM.

Sorry for the cut photo but I'm not comfortable posting the whole front of the house with the kiddos and all. The transformation is even crazier with the whole home pictures!

It's still a work in progress-but much better than when we bought it!

house111111114444.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
NF, I LOVE the orange door!
30.gif
Excellent choice!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tac! I am going to post the whole house picture on FB shortly.

And Deco one more thought-decide on your house color, then the trim, then the door. I stressed for weeks about choosing them all at once but I found that once I made a decision for the house the trim color was easy. And once I had the house and the trim it was pretty clear what colors I should go to for the door.

SO GLAD that my painter suggested buying the paint in stages instead of all at once.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 2:11:35 PM
Author: neatfreak
Thanks Tac! I am going to post the whole house picture on FB shortly.

Yay, can''t wait to see it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great NF-looove the door!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i just wanted to say i love the mythical with the red door. really awesome. i hope we get to see the finished product

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
**** UPDATE ****

J/K ... the update is that there''s not much progress. We''ve had terrible weather here in the northeast and I guess the painter''s last job has gotten delayed, so now our job is delayed too. Not sure if we''re going to get it done before the snows come at this point. GAH!

Just now saw all activity today on this thread & thought I''d better check in (though I''m just now about to crash after four days of non-stop work!) LOVE THE COLORS, Neatfreak! And the mini-pumpkins ... so cute!

My sister & her best friend who is *like* a sister to me were visiting over the weekend and both of them seemed to dig the "Mythical" sample on the house. They both also leaned toward Luxurious Red door & White shutters -- though were open to the idea of VERY DARK gray shutters ... but thought it was dicey because in addition to perhaps being too dark, purple & gray together could a) look like a bruise OR b) look dingy. Anyway I think its good advice to just pick the main house color & go from there - so that''s the plan. If I ever hear from the painters again!
23.gif

Thanks for the interest & suggestions friends!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Deco!!! Once you get the main house mostly painted I think the right trim/door colors will become clearer. So much easier to decide when you are faced with a deadline too right???

Hope the painters can make it before it snows!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
NF, that is one good looking door!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HHHH ** EEEE *** LLLL *** PPPPP!!!!
Its, um, purple. Oh yeah. Very purple. They came alright. They showed up and now the house is P-U-R-P-L-E.

At first I was like .. hey, looks cool ... and then I had to go to work ... and then I got home and the light is lower and 95% of the house is purple and I''m starting to panic a little. Okay. A lot.

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PHOTOS!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 5:34:24 PM
Author: Mara
PHOTOS!
Uh, yeah...hello???!?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 5:32:56 PM
Author: decodelighted
HHHH ** EEEE *** LLLL *** PPPPP!!!!
Its, um, purple. Oh yeah. Very purple. They came alright. They showed up and now the house is P-U-R-P-L-E.

At first I was like .. hey, looks cool ... and then I had to go to work ... and then I got home and the light is lower and 95% of the house is purple and I''m starting to panic a little. Okay. A lot.

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
btw, it''s great that the "eek" icons are purple....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it just this dark because the sun is behind the house at this point? It DID NOT look this dark this morning.

sweatdrops sweatdrops sweatdrops

Preview006.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
dude c''mon we gotta SEE! We can be the voice of reason-maybe it''s just the shock of it not being a traditional color??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
4.gif
6.gif
31.gif
33.gif
23.gif
37.gif

Preview007.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I think it turned out great! Can you imagine how the plummy would have turned out...that would have been really dark since this looked so much lighter on the test panel.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I like it!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Travelinggal & Packrat. Here''s how it looked this morning when I was leaving. Doesn''t it look lighter?

I know the fresh white trim color & white shutters will change the look a lot & that its just a shock and an adjustment and that paint colors look different @ different times of the day ... I KNOW those things - but the butterflies in my gut must not have gotten the memo.

Preview008.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that last shot really shows the gray in the color but the other two do not. interesting for sure...so when the sun is out it prob seems more grayish purple but without sun it looks more like true primary purple.

DEF glad you did not go with the darker or more intense purples, this was so light on the color board!

that said, i wouldn't freak out now.... you might need to get used to it a bit. AND you can tone it down with shutters, door etc if you feel like it's too intense after a few weeks. did i mention how when i first saw that purple house i was like OMG and now i think it's really cool? change is hard!! i do like it though, it's shocking but in a fun way. and i love it with your brick fireplace contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results