carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He called Trudeau dishonest.

Trudeau seems to be a good man. He is not a liar. However trump is a despicable human and would accuse decent people of what he does with no evidence since that is what he is and who he is.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @smitcompton . I usually come here and comment when I am beyond disgusted by the latest thing this joke of a President has done.

Since when do we alienate our closest allies all the while doing our best to get close to North Korea and Russia WTH? I’m actually surprised we haven’t been dropped from the G7. How are our allies supposed to trust us? It will interesting to hear how the republicans defend Trumps actions today on the Sunday morning news shows.

Angela Merkel looked like she wanted to slap the side of Trump’s head today.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today Trump is saving his relationship “is a 10” with our allies. Could this president be more delusional?

Trump is not delusional. He understands his base and has a charismatic hold on them. When he says this bullsh*t, his base believes him. Yep, they will believe the exact opposite if what is true because party over country, always. Just read DF's comments if you need proof. Remember when DF used to post that the rest of the world disrespected us because Obama was an embarrassment? Exact opposite of truth, but never mind.

This has always been Trumps M.O., just say the lie and people will believe it. Couple that with attacking facts as Fake News and you've got a winning strategy for his sheeplike base. Hence, it's his base that is delusional. (Just read DF's comments if you need proof.:lol:)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couple that with attacking facts as Fake News and you've got a winning strategy for his sheeplike base. Hence, it's his base that is delusional.
Cheeto's base is terrified of the cultural change that has been evolving for the past 20 or so years. The nation is becoming more brown and less christian and as a result his base is fearful that they will lose their power. Hence, they self-delude and cannot recognize that they are the instruments of their own doom.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF, respectfully, I am not in a complete agreement.

I don't know if our officials are well-versed in history, so ...maybe they did not even mean it like this, but D-Day was the saving grace for the Germany. (And the constant topic of contention between the US and the USSR at one point, historically. "When we needed them to open the Second Front, in 1942, they won't. When the Soviet Army was already winning, they had their D-Day to save these Nazi").

(And remembering how Himmler was pursuing separate peace with the Western Allies, how Germans hoped for it, even failed Hitler's assassination coup, when the conspirators planned to immediately start separate talks with the West), one could say that the D-Day saved most of Germany from the Soviet occupation and what came with it. So it is a complicated issue, but I assume, old Germans are very thankful for the D-day. And most of the young ones, too, although I feel that the very positive attitude towards the US in Germany changed after Iraq invasion.

I agree with the rest of what you have posted. But it is true that the Soviet Army would have been able to end the war by itself, after it took Berlin, the rest would have been easy, and the D-Day and the invasion of Germany by the Western Allies was the saving grace for the most of Germany.

I disagree with you that the failure of the United States to launch an invasion and open a second front earlier was due to any love of of the Nazis and, in fact, find the suggestion absurd. Is it possible that that United States allowed the Soviet Union to shed more blood and do more work before they invaded? Yes. I am not saying that it is so, but such a strategy is possible. It is not possible that the United States wanted the Nazis to remain in power.

The dance being performed at the conclusion of the war was the start of the Cold War between the US and the Soviet Union: it was about which country would annex more of Germany and more of the important parts of Germany. The US had to be in on the invasion of the European mainland in order to obtain the spoils of war. I do not for one second believe that that was the only motive of the US, however.

It is an open secret that the Germans hoped to be invaded by US troops rather that Soviet troops. Soviet troops, who had endured incredible losses and hardships under the Germans were brutal when they invaded. No German wanted to encounter Soviet troops. I am sure they prayed to have the US take their territory instead! This was not true in Japan, where the people were of a different race, however. US troops were not always as gentle invading Japan, not to mention the atom bombs.

AGBF

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To DF: and not just liberals.... I consider myself fairly conservative (What I see as old style conservative; and not based on "religious values"); and personally believe that the USA would benefit from someone slapping President Trump and getting his actual attention on the larger issues...

I have long avoided this thread. But felt it was time to speak up.

A few key thoughts:

1) I too Hope that President Trump does a good job for America. However, I never expected a great job when he was elected based on who he clearly was. At this point, my view is that in general he has actually done a worse job than I expected (I expected him to be able to learn and move beyond certain things).

2) Please everyone: Lets end the name calling as that is disrespectful and does not present those who do it in a positive light. PS has threads on Racism, Sexism, etc. where the consensus to me seems to be that applying certain names and terms to a person (or a group of people) labels a person, and not in a positive light. Please rise above that. We can all do some things better in life...

Whatever my personal opinion of President Trump, and his actions. He is the President of the United States; and at a minimum the position deserves respect. For those who want to see a better republic of the United States... that will only happen by respecting the foundational institutions and positions of our government and society. In many cases, we wish other people were in those positions - and it is the struggle to get people into those positions who best represent out personal values that is valuable to this country.

My personal experience is that I have made the most gains in life by engaging with and making deals with people I respectfully disagree with in significant ways. The world would be a poorer place if I wanted everyone to be similar to me and my beliefs and desires.

3) A fact is that President Trump appears to have actually identified some truths about America that appeal to his base; and his actions are of a person who believes in those truths. In at least that area he is deserving of respect - even if you do not agree with his beliefs and actions in that area or respect his other actions.

One of those truths is that a certain element of American Society believes that they have been unfairly discriminated against and no longer have the economic opportunity that their class had years ago.

I consider that to be totally true. I myself am part of that class and witnessed the overall economic decline and despair of that class (it is real). I too have been downsized and had my income cut in half, and no real future potential job like the old one. One difference is that I personally believe it is up to me to personally find a solution for that (I'm working on that); and not the government. A second difference is that I know there are other facts to be considered:

The key reason for the economic boom and all the good times post WW II and into the 1970's was because almost all the heavy industrial capacity of the rest of the world was bombed into rubble during WW II. The US and Canada was the sole remaining supplier for much equipment and items for decades. It takes a decade to build a full sized steel smelter... and you can only do that after you have rebuilt your power generation and transportation/utility structure (Base load power plants take 5 years to build). Then, when the newer constructed facilities in Europe, Japan, etc were built to a point that they could start to seriously supply their own countries - and even start to export - they were more modern and more efficient than the older American Facilities (US Companies should have been replacing those older facilities when they were making so much money). Thus, the post WW II good old days US economy is not coming back - without another World War and only if a similar distribution of surviving heavy industry exists.

Another fact: A good portion of the US population consists of other groups have their own history and problems. The best solutions are focused on what works overall best for all, and provides equal opportunities to all... not just what is best for one group. Of course, such perfect solutions are rarely achieved in the real world; and someone always benefits more than others. But, that is what in my opinion should be worked towards (and I have found people of all faiths and ethnic groups who share the same common goal on that).

There are other facts we all could list... (including fundamental changes in employment structure and the world economy) and they all make up part of the story, problems, opportunities, etc. that face our present and future.

My personal biggest disappointment in President Trump is that he seems not to understand, or even care, about these other facts - and that he needs to try to incorporate as many as possible into every solution (even just adding a few of them would change things for the better a lot - in my opinion).

4) President Trump does not know when and how to lie well. A fact is that all negotiators have to lie at a certain level (and we all negotiate). Poker face, withholding of certain information, goals, desires, etc. That is true if you are negotiating a date... or an arms control treaty. More information comes out the further you proceed into the negotiation - and hopefully in the end there is a full sharing and agreement.

There is a certain etiquette to this - and real respect can exist among parties doing the negotiating if the etiquette if followed.

President Trump, in my personal opinion, has no clue as comes off as very rude and crude in this respect. That just cannot lead to really good outcome because the other party or parties will never open up with more information.

Compounding the problem is that in my opinion, President Trump tells very clear lies that are not needed to accomplish his stated goals for the country. As such, he comes off as very untrustworthy to many people (myself included).

--

To conclude this: My personal opinion is that President Trump is not acting overall in the best interest of the United States and its people; and his personal tactics have severely limited his potential. He is not a man I would seek out to interact with; but, if I found myself in his company I would be polite, Thank him for being President (as I thank anyone who serves in an elected position), engage in appropriate discussions politely, and move on when I could.

Whether I like him or not personally; weather I like his policies and actions. He is still our President of the United States, at this time.

Have a nice day,

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 11.05.27 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 11.09.25 AM.png

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3) A fact is that President Trump appears to have actually identified some truths about America that appeal to his base; and his actions are of a person who believes in those truths. In at least that area he is deserving of respect - even if you do not agree with his beliefs and actions in that area or respect his other actions.

One of those truths is that a certain element of American Society believes that they have been unfairly discriminated against and no longer have the economic opportunity that their class had years ago.

I consider that to be totally true. I myself am part of that class and witnessed the overall economic decline and despair of that class (it is real).
I too have been downsized and had my income cut in half, and no real future potential job like the old one.

While it is true that economic opportunities for certain groups have disappeared and there is certainly despair in this country, what evidence can you point to that supports this is due to unfair discrimination?

I agree with you that Trump has identified truths that appeal to his base. Matata spelled it out for us perfectly.

Cheeto's base is terrified of the cultural change that has been evolving for the past 20 or so years. The nation is becoming more brown and less christian and as a result his base is fearful that they will lose their power. Hence, they self-delude and cannot recognize that they are the instruments of their own doom.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has always been Trumps M.O., just say the lie and people will believe it. Couple that with attacking facts as Fake News and you've got a winning strategy for his sheeplike base. Hence, it's his base that is delusional. (Just read DF's comments if you need proof.:lol:)
Unless you are a left winger everyone else is
nuts.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is embarrassing the United States in front of the world. Does he really think anyone will find it attractive that he has his aides say that Justin Trudeau of Canada, our friend and neighbor, Prime Minister of a country which sends troops to fight besides ours in Iraq and Afghanistan, belongs in hell?
Yes, he had Peter Navarro, his top trade adviser, say on Fox News that “there’s a special place in hell” for Mr. Trudeau. All because Prime Minister Trudeau stood behind the agreement that the G-7 conference had agreed to and Mr. Trudeau had continued to say that he opposed the new tariffs imposed by Trump.

The US has a trade surplus with Canada.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/10/us/politics/trump-trudeau-summit-g7-north-korea.html

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the leader of the free world using every bit of restraint she has while dealing with an infantile idiotic smug despotic jerk. This is the state we are in. It is not a good one
7097E617-4B74-4F14-A794-C758F7BF1E09.jpeg

I have heard that this photo has gotten many creative captions on the Internet, one from a Belgian official who started it off. I will try to look them up! Please post any you know about.

AGBF

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was driving to work this morning and heard a few reports of Trump/aids saying Trudeau had "stabbed him in the back" wtf? Where did that come from??

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Perry. I would agree with a lot of what you said. While name-calling feels good, it's not informative, can be inflammatory, and lowers overall the level of discourse. One of the (many) things I missed about Obama's term as president, is he was able to speak fluently and intelligently on a number of subjects. And even when baited, kept the high road.
It reminds me of when you are having a disagreement with loved ones. Name calling doesn't help. It can help, by talking about objective things, like when you do this, I feel this way, or this consequence happens.
At this point, we have a president actively working against the US interests. What do we do about it? Of course we let Mueller continue to do his job. However is there anything else we can do to limit damage with our trading partners and allies, and reduce exposure to Putin's influence in the meantime? Do any of the chiefs of staffs like Kelly have any moderating/mitigating power to limit damage?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm sorry Perry, I must disagree with you on your civility approach to Trump and Trumpism. Trump has thin skin and to not hit back, as Trudeau as done, by simply stating Canada would be imposing new tariffs would be a mistake. Trudeau does not look like a fool, nor does Angela Merkel. You see Trump by his actions and character. If you do not fight fire with fire you will lose. I believe the Old Testament applies here. This cataclysm reguires a fight, boldly attacking the twisted, narrow mind of a would be dictator, who has scammed us as nation into voting for him.

This is the High road. The protection of our democracy is vital to our future. Our sons and daughters have died for us to keep our country safe from oppressors. If simple words like calling someone stupid stokes your fears of endangering the social norms of discourse, then you will never be the one to carry us to rid this scourge that is upon us. Stupidity, Ignorance are words that mean something. Use them if they fit. One day it may be too late.

Annette

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When trump took office, I was a vocal supporter of giving him a fair shot. I said respect the office, and let him get the same opportunities the democrats implored me to give Obama when he took office.
During the campaign trump went around promising up down and all over he would be presidental. He said he would be more presidental than Obama. He bragged how easy it would be for him.
Time passed.
Respect can be given as people try to find their way. There is a lot of leeway when a new president comes in.
Continued respect must be earned. I cannot respect a president who does not uphold the law. Who tears at the fbi for personal promotion. Who demeans the free press to hid his CRIMES.
If you LIE NEARLY daily for over a year, I have NO PROBLEM branding you a LIAR. If you say something racist once , I will give the benefit of the doubt, but at some point when you dog whistle enough and at every chance you get and the ONE time you make a statement that might not be racist the next day you take it back and make it worse... at some point you have erased all doubt. You are a racist. If you turn something a few times and make them about you, I will think oh wow someone is conceited ... but if literally every event become about you, and you drone on and on on every little petty thing at some point you are a narcissist.

Character is the sum of our actions. After 70 years of time on this earth, if your actions are consistently the definition of something, it DESCRIBES you.
I will not wait for trump to “pivot”
I AM DONE.
He is what he is. He isnt hiding what he is. He isnt changing.
I will not respect a man who will not be the president of every honorable citizen.
Until the day comes that we have a human in the white house who will defend the constitution, follow the emollients clause, and be a servant of the people — I will stand for those who are pushed aside and treated as second class citizens.
I am poor, I have a pre existing condition, I am a young child who needs chip, I am gay, I am jewish, I am athiest, I am muslim, I am black, I am hispanic, I am middle class, I am a young woman needing guidance on her health care and reproductive rights, I am puerto rican , I am an immigrant.

We are all citizens of this country. We are to be United in helping all citizens to rise together. I will stand with those who cannot.
I was a republican delegate in this last election. I did not want to leave the republican party. It left me.
We used to stand for physical conservancy, yet they passed a bill that was in no way conservative. We use to be a party of family values, yet they now support a man whole heartedly who has taught an entire generation that when he cheated on his third wife multiple times he just had the women sign NDA’s and the party sweeps it under the rug.
trump wants respect? RESPECT the rule of law. Get the blind trust he promised. Get rid of the nepotism he has in the white house. Hire people who are qualified! The list could go on for pages. If he wants to be treated like an honorable man.. BEHAVE LIKE ONE.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just been reported that Larry Kudlow suffered a heart attack.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;
Their foot shall slip in due time;
For the day of their calamity is at hand,
And the things to come hasten upon them.

Deuteronomy 32:35 New King James Version

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When trump took office, I was a vocal supporter of giving him a fair shot. I said respect the office, and let him get the same opportunities the democrats implored me to give Obama when he took office.
During the campaign trump went around promising up down and all over he would be presidental. He said he would be more presidental than Obama. He bragged how easy it would be for him.
Time passed.
Respect can be given as people try to find their way. There is a lot of leeway when a new president comes in.
Continued respect must be earned. I cannot respect a president who does not uphold the law. Who tears at the fbi for personal promotion. Who demeans the free press to hid his CRIMES.
If you LIE NEARLY daily for over a year, I have NO PROBLEM branding you a LIAR. If you say something racist once , I will give the benefit of the doubt, but at some point when you dog whistle enough and at every chance you get and the ONE time you make a statement that might not be racist the next day you take it back and make it worse... at some point you have erased all doubt. You are a racist. If you turn something a few times and make them about you, I will think oh wow someone is conceited ... but if literally every event become about you, and you drone on and on on every little petty thing at some point you are a narcissist.

Character is the sum of our actions. After 70 years of time on this earth, if your actions are consistently the definition of something, it DESCRIBES you.
I will not wait for trump to “pivot”
I AM DONE.
He is what he is. He isnt hiding what he is. He isnt changing.
I will not respect a man who will not be the president of every honorable citizen.
Until the day comes that we have a human in the white house who will defend the constitution, follow the emollients clause, and be a servant of the people — I will stand for those who are pushed aside and treated as second class citizens.
I am poor, I have a pre existing condition, I am a young child who needs chip, I am gay, I am jewish, I am athiest, I am muslim, I am black, I am hispanic, I am middle class, I am a young woman needing guidance on her health care and reproductive rights, I am puerto rican , I am an immigrant.

We are all citizens of this country. We are to be United in helping all citizens to rise together. I will stand with those who cannot.
I was a republican delegate in this last election. I did not want to leave the republican party. It left me.
We used to stand for physical conservancy, yet they passed a bill that was in no way conservative. We use to be a party of family values, yet they now support a man whole heartedly who has taught an entire generation that when he cheated on his third wife multiple times he just had the women sign NDA’s and the party sweeps it under the rug.
trump wants respect? RESPECT the rule of law. Get the blind trust he promised. Get rid of the nepotism he has in the white house. Hire people who are qualified! The list could go on for pages. If he wants to be treated like an honorable man.. BEHAVE LIKE ONE.

+ infinity

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whether I like him or not personally; weather I like his policies and actions. He is still our President of the United States, at this time.

I just CANNOT muster respect for trump, even though he’s president. Respect is earned.

First, I most certainly do not respect Trump.

Second, the notion that every president of the US, even those whose hands dripped with the blood of innocent children who died in the wars and other smaller military actions so many of them started around the globe to benefit American corporations makes me laugh, darkly. Do you know the song "Masters of War"?

The wording "I cannot respect Trump even though he's president" is, in my opinion, kind on the part of blugemz. I tend to feel that by the time a man has become president there is ample evidence he has been corrupted and bought off twelve ways to Sunday.

I look to the outskirts of power for the people I admire, not to the centers of power. There are lots of good people working tirelessly for justice and peace but not self-aggrandizement. I don't always remember their names and sometimes I don't know them.

This is not the original by Bob Dylan, but it it is as close as YouTube allowed: "Masters of War"

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
961182DA-045A-499C-8ADF-A4A12046A2DC.jpeg
First, I most certainly do not respect Trump.

Second, the notion that every president of the US, even those whose hands dripped with the blood of innocent children who died in the wars and other smaller military actions so many of them started around the globe to benefit American corporations makes me laugh, darkly. Do you know the song "Masters of War"?

The wording "I cannot respect Trump even though he's president" is, in my opinion, kind on the part of blugemz. I tend to feel that by the time a man has become president there is ample evidence he has been corrupted and bought off twelve ways to Sunday.

I look to the outskirts of power for the people I admire, not to the centers of power. There are lots of good people working tirelessly for justice and peace but not self-aggrandizement. I don't always remember their names and sometimes I don't know them.

This is not the original by Bob Dylan, but it it is as close as YouTube allowed: "Masters of War"

It is a severe understatement. I feel utter disgust and contempt for him. I will never honor him as a leader, NEVER. Now we need to get him out somehow. Until then, the we will see some frightening things. When he leaves, He will likely go kicking and screaming and by some kind of force. His entire energy is directed to keeping his standing. Notice the brilliance of this cover...how it captures the profound insecurity which he struggles to defeat...the core of a Malignant narcissist. All the personality traits of ruthless, destructive dictators of one kind or another, throughout history. This image reflects his entire world view, and the tight grip of power which he intends. What an embarrassment.

Last edited:

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More sad news for the Dems. I guess there won't be a nuclear war after all. Give Trump the Nobel Peace Prize now! :clap::dance:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/11/politics/trump-kim-summit-singapore/index.html

I believe that you are a bit premature: I see this summit accomplishing 2 key items:

1) It elevated Kim Jong Un on the world stage.

2) It will allow resolution of issues with POW/MIA and remains from the Korean War

Every thing else is just a promise to talk more... and the North Koreans are experts at talking... and talking... and talking... without agreeing to anything substantive (Please study a bit on their past).

President Trump cannot actually make meaningful economic commitments to North Korea on his own.

I see this as a huge win for Kim Jong Un, and the POW/MIA cooperation cost him almost nothing.

I remain highly skeptical that North Korea is willing to do anything meaningful (they have had a decade or more to do so based on past agreements).

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @partgypsy. The high road has benefits. I would also agree with @AGBF that overall Trump is an embarrassment. I could say many things about specifics... and respond directly to others as well. Some of you may not realize the difference between what I do and do not respect. But I don't see that my going into a lot of details will have a meaningful result.

I thought I had seen a post about how someone had felt that the Republican party had left them (It seems to have been removed - or perhaps my memory is wrong). However, I personally agree with that concept... and in my personal opinion the Republican party started leaving me a couple decades ago with the open arm welcome of the religious "right" whom I find very little of what they believe and do to be in the Bible or very religious (in concept, intention, and actions). Of course, my view of what the Bible says may be different than yours as well.

Today I vote in a special election; and my Ukrainian wife - who is now a US Citizen was aghast to see what the lead and most important issue of the Republican candidate was (right to life/protection of the fetus, punishment of medical professionals who even provide factual information) compared to the Democrat who is focused on economic and job growth - and has served over a decade at the board level on several economic development organizations for both business and tourism. Nowhere in his key issue list do I recall the Republican candidate mentioning economics or dealing with cost of government and it's services.

@partgypsy asked a key question on what can be done: Direct Impeachment of President Trump at this point is unlikely (perhaps later). Unfortunately, so too is the Cabinet exercising the 25th amendment. Future elections to change Congress and the next presidential election is the most likely; although it is possible that President Trump may resign if things don't go his way more in the future...

Tonight I will be at a meeting with at least 1 self made multi-millionaire present (and other fairly wealthy individuals). These people can, and do, drop very large sums of money into the political process for change. Discussion of the situation will occur... but, if you want to be included you need to discuss things with the kind of approach and level that I did in my long post above. You don't have to be crude, crass, and complain about every individual item to communicate desires, issues, and feelings; and most of those people are not interested in working with such people.

Now admittedly, 10 or 15 years ago I'd be in there with many of the people who have posted on this thread various feelings and thoughts on individual issues. I've learned that it's long term almost always much more effective to be able to separate out the pieces and give credit and respect where it does exist. The people with the money, like I am talking with tonight, that can make a difference notice those that can make such distinctions. They may disagree with you; but, they will politely listen and you might find an area of agreement or something where a compromise is possible. While they all have their own personal belief's and political leanings - they do understand a lot of what is going on - and the long term effects on the US and the world. They too are concerned.

Overall, I see a different approach as more effective than some on this forum who see me as being too passive.

Long term. I suspect after all this has passed that there will be another constitutional amendment to better identify and deal with such situations in the future.

Have a great day,

Perry

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe I missed it, but in Iran we had international inspectors who were verifying the promises in the iran deal

What date are the international inspectors coming to North Korea and how long will they keep coming back to check?
Seeing as kim kills his own family , it would be insane trust a man like that. What date will the world start to get proof that kim is keeping his word this time?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the agreement trump made

“Convinced that the establishment of new US-DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean Peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following

1. The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

2. The United States and DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Having acknowledged that the US-DPRK summit -- the first in history -- was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulations in the joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the US-DPRK summit.

President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new US-DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and the security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.

DONALD J. TRUMP

President of the United States of America

KIM JONG UN

Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

—————

There is an upside though, even though kim is not giving up his weapons as long as he hides them, and there is no definition of what denuclearization is—- this will keep trump from starting a war long enough, so a real president can get inspectors in there and find where kim stored the 60 or so weapons it is believed he already has.
Hopefully a level headed international coalition can work to actually get something done and maybe even help the people living in north korea once trump is gone.
( Knock on wood )
Looks like scarborugh agrees , shaking hands is better than letting trump escalate things

EAC96A9B-3B79-47FC-9E50-B23902ECB21C.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results