shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it comes as no suprise that the sociopath who would have his lawyers send a 20 page letter on how he doesnt have to testify, today decided to announce that he has the right to pardon himself and that the special counsel is unconstiutional.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see where this is going. Sadly the republican party will say nothing and do nothing. I will be writing my congressman and 2 senators again, and then i will need to turn off the news, becuase watching trump tear at the fabric of our constution and legislative branch do nothing it just too much to deal with.
The system of checks and balances was never supposed to work where one branch let the other have absolute authority and control by turning a blind eye. Because congress and the senate refuse to even investigate, and insist whatever he does is totally fine we will all suffer.
No surprise indeed. It all fits with a pattern of thinking, feeling and behaving that goes with narcissistic PD and some Antisocial PD. Very freightening given that there’s no telling how far he will go. The need for ego boosting will drive him to break limits which others hold as a part of conscience. With narcissistic PD, conscience only exists to further the ego grandiosity. So it isn’t conscience at all, but rather manipulation.

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mueller’s office accusing Paul Manafort of attempted witness tampering, asking court to revoke bond/house arrest.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donald Trump sings "God Bless America", but he doesn't know the words.... Troubling.

AGBF
:saint:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s being reported today that Trump is preparing new pardons for 30 people.

Mexico is imposing 3 billion in tariffs on US exports.

Did anyone really think he would know the words to God Bless America?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone really think he would know the words to God Bless America?

When I was in school, every morning we pledged allegiance to the flag and sang a song. The choices were: "The Star Spangled banner"; "America"; "America The Beautiful"; and "God Bless America". We did not say a prayer, but I believe that we had a moment of silence*. I do not think that I could ever forget the words to any of the songs I sang every morning of my life as a child. Donald Trump is not all that much older than I am. Probably less than ten years. Yes, I did think that he would know the words to that song! I am not saying that children should be forced to pledge allegiance to a flag or to sing nationalistic songs; I am saying that this man is a product of the 1950's. How did he escape them without learning what other products of the 1950's all did?

*This was when I was in public school. When I moved to a non-religious independent school, we said "The Lord's Prayer" every morning. We also sang "Silent Night" with lit candles at Christmas. This is no longer done. It is a non-denominational school, after all! My best friend, who is Jewish, had to stand during "The Lord's Prayer" every day, and it is not a prayer said in her faith.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was in school, every morning we pledged allegiance to the flag and sang a song. The choices were: "The Star Spangled banner"; "America"; "America The Beautiful"; and "God Bless America". We did not say a prayer, but I believe that we had a moment of silence*. I do not think that I could ever forget the words to any of the songs I sang every morning of my life as a child. Donald Trump is not all that much older than I am. Probably less than ten years. Yes, I did think that he would know the words to that song! I am not saying that children should be forced to pledge allegiance to a flag or to sing nationalistic songs; I am saying that this man is a product of the 1950's. How did he escape them without learning what other products of the 1950's all did?

*This was when I was in public school. When I moved to a non-religious independent school, we said "The Lord's Prayer" every morning. We also sang "Silent Night" with lit candles at Christmas. This is no longer done. It is a non-denominational school, after all! My best friend, who is Jewish, had to stand during "The Lord's Prayer" every day, and it is not a prayer said in her faith.

Bit of a threadjack:

Deb, I remember a while back, you asking me about a book I was reading. I THINK this was it, but if not, it's no matter, you will very much like this one. It is very very thorough, and I am finding it a very dense and dry read, but worth the time and worth the space on my book shelves. I'm a little over half-way through its 700+ pages.

https://www.amazon.com/Evangelicals...&keywords=the+evangelicals+frances+fitzgerald

End of threadjack. Back to our regularly scheduled despair.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://fortune.com/2018/06/04/screw-king-wurth-invest-us-donald-trump-tariffs-trade-war

Cheeto screws us again. Germany puts the screws to Cheeto. No more loose screws for us. :mrgreen2:

While we are discussing relations between the United States and Germany, there have been calls for the US to recall its ambassador to Germany. He has been attempting to interfere in internal German (and European Union) politics to advance the cause of the far right.

Link...https://www.politico.eu/article/richard-grenell-trump-germany-us-ambassador-recall/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to follow up on the above story of Richard Grenell's comments that offended the Germans. They were rebutted by a spokeswoman from The State Department yesterday. The full text of her remarks is below (see link to article). Today was the 74th anniversary of D-Day, and the spokeswoman took the opportunity to remind everyone that it was the the start of a long relationship between the US and Germany. Really. :))

"A top State Department spokesperson referenced the D-Day invasion during World War II as an example of the United States’ strong ties to Germany.

The department has been under fire since U.S. Ambassador to Germany Rick Grenell told Breitbart News he wants to help empower far-right groups in Europe, sparking anger from the U.S. ally.

'We have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany,' State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said during a briefing Tuesday. 'Looking back in the history books, today is the 71st anniversary of the speech that announced the Marshall Plan. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion.'

Wednesday is the 74th anniversary of the allied invasion of northern France during World War II, a bloody day in which thousands of U.S. and British soldiers were killed while fighting German troops. The massive attack was considered a turning point in the allied effort to push back Nazi forces in Europe.

'We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany,” Nauert continued. “And we have a strong relationship with the government of Germany.'"

Yes, indeedy. It all started with D-Day!

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ny-news-state-department-dday-germany-20180605-story.html

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...-to-little-itsy?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sean hannity- openly asking witnesses to destroy evidence. HE IS LITERALLY COMMITTING A CRIME ON NATIONAL TV OUT IN THE OPEN.
I guess he heard trump got the pardon for witness tampering and obstructing a federal investigation all prepped and ready to sign. So he isnt worried about his arrest or the federal charges from this blatant illegal activity.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s being reported today that Trump is preparing new pardons for 30 people.
Are there still criminals left for Trump to pardon? :confused: . I thought Obama opened all the prison doors during his final day as POTUS.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really appalled that The State Department apparently didn't know that D-Day was the invasion of Nazi-occupied Europe, Europe occupied by the Germans who had not been the Allies of the United States during World War II. The Marshall Plan was created after World War II, but to link it to D-Day is ridiculous. To link the friendship of the United States with Germany to a day when so many Americans were killed in battle is shameful. It shows abysmal and inexcusable ignorance.

Need I say, as I have before, how many of my relatives were serving in the US Army, Navy, and Marine Corps on June 6, 1944? One uncle was on a ship off the coast of Normandy. He was a navy medic attached to the Marine Corps and he tended to wounded on D-Day. A great-uncle was in the infantry and attacked that day through an apple orchard in France. He told me always to remember the apple orchard.

After seeing president Trump not know the words to "God Bless America", which I found weird, seeing a State Department employee not understand D-Day was disgusting.

I may or may not be done ranting about this.

Deb :read:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After seeing president Trump not know the words to "God Bless America", which I found weird, seeing a State Department employee not understand D-Day was disgusting.

Not till a Dem. Prez is elected into office. IOW, 2024.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have time to go all the way back, but have people posted about the 20 page letter crafted by Trump's lawyers, saying he has among other things, the power to simply shut down the investigation whenever he feels like it, or even Pardon himself? Trump and his lawyers now believe, what no other president would even dare to say, that Trump is above the law. And as long as Republicans are in power, he may be right. At the sacrifice of our own democratic processes.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/06/02/us/politics/trump-legal-documents.html

Yeah, and as far as using D-Day to demonstrate the governments close working together, does he realize during that time our countries were enemies at war with each other? Then again he does seem to have some confusion about who are our allies, and who are not, given his Canadian 1812 comment, again insulting our ally to the north, at the same time being "besties" with Putin, an autocract who runs a corrupt kleptocracy who is actively trying to undermine our country.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need I say, as I have before, how many of my relatives were serving in the US Army, Navy, and Marine Corps on June 6, 1944? One uncle was on a ship off the coast of Normandy. He was a navy medic attached to the Marine Corps and he tended to wounded on D-Day. A great-uncle was in the infantry and attacked that day through an apple orchard in France. He told me always to remember the apple orchard.

...​

Not till a Dem. Prez is elected into office. IOW, 2024.

I am not done ranting and it is not because the president is not a member of my political party. As I read over what I had written above, I realized I had not mentioned that my father was in the US Army as well as the other two family members I mentioned during D-Day. He had been stationed in London during the buzz bombing and in Liverpool waiting for the invasion. He was then sent to France and was in Paris after its liberation. He was one of the GIs who gave Hersey bars to the French children. I didn't mention him the first time 'round only because he he did not have as dramatic a role on D-Day itself as my uncle and great-uncle, but he was there, ready to go. That was an important war, a real for for liberty. People should remember it.

By the way, my mother's first cousin was killed at sea when his ship went down in flames during that war, or he would also have been serving during D-Day.

AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This president is an idiot. Trump said today that he doesn’t need to prepare very much for the meeting with North Korea. The fact that this idiot still does not realize that his words matter is frightening.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This guy on twitter nailed it.

BC03F1F9-7052-4854-BC46-5D385BDF932D.jpeg
:confused2: the sociopath who basically screams “no collusion” anytime someone says - hey how are you? Has now stated that russia should be back in the g7
Not surprised that he thinks a government that has interfered with the USA and nearly everyone elses elections should be rewarded by being allowed back.
————
But wait! Trump claims Democract actually colluded with Russia. Why would Trump want to help them if he knows they conspired to help defeat him? :roll2:

—- question is rhethorical of course. I believe thay Putin owns him and has from day one. And The bigger shame is the enablers who will not step up to say no more.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
————

—- question is rhethorical of course. I believe thay Putin owns him and has from day one. And The bigger shame is the enablers who will not step up to say no more.
Ooops the wrong the Prez. :silenced:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Trump is saving his relationship “is a 10” with our allies. Could this president be more delusional? He doesn’t have a clue how our allies view our country. The only thing he listens to are his own thoughts in that sick brain of his. He has no regard for other countries view of a situation. He said he would know in the first minute if NK is serious about peace. He did very little preparation, no planning for the Summit. Basically he thinks he can walk in this meeting and wing it.

Where are the Republicans??? Trump is saying Putin needs to be part of the G7. We know Russia meddled in our elections. Why aren’t republicans standing firm for our democracy??? They are spineless.

You are not alone in your thoughts of Putin owning Trump @tkyasx78

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

As some of you may be able to tell, I have run out of patience with DT and the people who support him in these precarious times. Going forward I am going to tell it like it is. Donald Trump is an illegitimate President who was elected by Russia's help. Our biggest adversary, poured money, manipulated voters through facebook targeting, and even sent workers here to deliver those targeted messages. Trumps election team colluded with the Russians to win an election. Donald Trump is an illegitimate President, not elected by the people but with the help of Russia.
Callie, I do read what you say and pretty much agree with all of it. I am filled with anger and just hope we can change the Congress in Nov. Maybe more bad choices to come, I hope not. Give us a moderate. John Kascik(Sp) is Ok too.

Annette

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Http://fortune.com/2018/06/09/donald-trump-threatens-stop-trade/

At the g7 the very stable genius threatened “we’ll stop trading with them.” Halting all trade with countries that don’t drop tariffs is a “very profitable answer,” Trump said.

So canada , Italy, germany, france, japan and the UK were there and were at the direct receiving end of this outright blackmail attempt. trumps words though could also be read ( becuase he used the word all not just those 6 in attendance) to include china and the rest of the world. :eek2:

I don't wish ill on our country, but what is it going to take for congress , the senate and 1/3 of the people to see we have a selfish LUNATIC who has no common sence running the country! When will they say no more? Will all trade have to be cut off from other nations to satisfy his ego, resulting in a catastrophic depression? What would it take for them to realize he is not remotely capable to do the job and is hurting the US? I saw this picture and thought that has to be photo shopped but sadly it isnt.

It is the leader of the free world using every bit of restraint she has while dealing with an infantile idiotic smug despotic jerk. This is the state we are in. It is not a good one
7097E617-4B74-4F14-A794-C758F7BF1E09.jpeg

A 71 year old lunatic, who has gotten away with everything he has done so far in life and has been told by the gop that he can do no wrong. This is where we are.

I would not blame them if they made it a g6 . No USA until trump is gone. Not one bit. I am ashamed that this is where we are and truly sad that we will have to spend years recovering not only in our own nation but in the world, once the sociopath has left the white house . I only hope the world knows most of the US is NOT with trump. We do not want him and he does not represent what we want.

We do not want a trade war and we do not want to cut off trade with other countries. This is not diplomacy. This is not a steady hand to guide the world and teach how to lead. Most of us mourn each day the liar in chief is in office that this idiotic vapid narcissist is what is defiling our country and offending our allies.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really appalled that The State Department apparently didn't know that D-Day was the invasion of Nazi-occupied Europe, Europe occupied by the Germans who had not been the Allies of the United States during World War II. The Marshall Plan was created after World War II, but to link it to D-Day is ridiculous. To link the friendship of the United States with Germany to a day when so many Americans were killed in battle is shameful. It shows abysmal and inexcusable ignorance.

AGBF, respectfully, I am not in a complete agreement.

I don't know if our officials are well-versed in history, so ...maybe they did not even mean it like this, but D-Day was the saving grace for the Germany. (And the constant topic of contention between the US and the USSR at one point, historically. "When we needed them to open the Second Front, in 1942, they won't. When the Soviet Army was already winning, they had their D-Day to save these Nazi").

(And remembering how Himmler was pursuing separate peace with the Western Allies, how Germans hoped for it, even failed Hitler's assassination coup, when the conspirators planned to immediately start separate talks with the West), one could say that the D-Day saved most of Germany from the Soviet occupation and what came with it. So it is a complicated issue, but I assume, old Germans are very thankful for the D-day. And most of the young ones, too, although I feel that the very positive attitude towards the US in Germany changed after Iraq invasion.

I agree with the rest of what you have posted. But it is true that the Soviet Army would have been able to end the war by itself, after it took Berlin, the rest would have been easy, and the D-Day and the invasion of Germany by the Western Allies was the saving grace for the most of Germany.

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Http://fortune.com/2018/06/09/donald-trump-threatens-stop-trade/

At the g7 the very stable genius threatened “we’ll stop trading with them.” Halting all trade with countries that don’t drop tariffs is a “very profitable answer,” Trump said.

So canada , Italy, germany, france, japan and the UK were there and were at the direct receiving end of this outright blackmail attempt. trumps words though could also be read ( becuase he used the word all not just those 6 in attendance) to include china and the rest of the world. :eek2:

I don't wish ill on our country, but what is it going to take for congress , the senate and 1/3 of the people to see we have a selfish LUNATIC who has no common sence running the country! When will they say no more? Will all trade have to be cut off from other nations to satisfy his ego, resulting in a catastrophic depression? What would it take for them to realize he is not remotely capable to do the job and is hurting the US? I saw this picture and thought that has to be photo shopped but sadly it isnt.

It is the leader of the free world using every bit of restraint she has while dealing with an infantile idiotic smug despotic jerk. This is the state we are in. It is not a good one
7097E617-4B74-4F14-A794-C758F7BF1E09.jpeg

A 71 year old lunatic, who has gotten away with everything he has done so far in life and has been told by the gop that he can do no wrong. This is where we are.

I would not blame them if they made it a g6 . No USA until trump is gone. Not one bit. I am ashamed that this is where we are and truly sad that we will have to spend years recovering not only in our own nation but in the world, once the sociopath has left the white house . I only hope the world knows most of the US is NOT with trump. We do not want him and he does not represent what we want.

We do not want a trade war and we do not want to cut off trade with other countries. This is not diplomacy. This is not a steady hand to guide the world and teach how to lead. Most of us mourn each day the liar in chief is in office that this idiotic vapid narcissist is what is defiling our country and offending our allies.

He managed to make enemies with our best neighbor, Canada.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results