carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Don't we all know ?? that he who has the money controls the action. Its something I personally learned in life and always encourage women to understand how money effects their lives. Just so with abortion and P.P. Since P.P. does not use Federal Funds for abortion, and now may not be able to make referrals a new plan ought to be made. Seems simple to me. Most everyone, rich or poor has access to a computer and could find a list of abortion providers right on the internet, just as we found pricescope for our need for info on gems. Don't we have the internet now for info??
The choices for the fund givers are many, the choices for the recipients are always smaller. We shall over come. Less dependence on Gov't.

Annette

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

DF, I think you have the facts wrong again. Daca and the WALL were in the same package. The Pres and the Dems agreed-25 billion for that Wall, residency for Daca. John Kelly put the cabash on that agreement. The Pres has not been able to get as good a deal as that deal was. Totally the Pres fault.

Now to Immigration. The problem for the Trump Administration is that they can't seem to stop the illegal immigration from Mexico. I was stunned to read, Feb and March figures for illegal entry 37,000 and 34,000 each and every month. I read the Obama Admin deported just as many illegals as Trump has done.
When I heard about the separation of mothers and children I immediately thought of Sophies Choice. Thats a book that has stayed with me. In the concentration camp she has to choose between her two children, which one would live and which one would go to the gas chamber. Horrifying thought.

They cannot, so far stop the illegals from coming. Somebody will take this to the Supreme Court.

Annette

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No one has been discussing this story here on Pricescope, but it is major news today. Here is an excerpt from a story in "The Washington Post" about it.

"Many family planning experts, by contrast, said the plan could deprive Americans of access to the services they need to prevent unintended pregnancies.

Title X-funded health centers provide several basic services such as cancer screenings, birth control, sexually-transmitted-infection screenings, pregnancy testing and well-woman exams. While the changes do not affect the level of funding the government is providing, there has been a lot of alarm about how difficult it would be for smaller, community-based providers to absorb the vast number of patients served by Planned Parenthood. The organization — which receives $50 million to $60 million in Title X funds and serves an estimated 41 percent of the 4 million patients who receive care through the program — is by far the largest recipient of the grants.

The policy would have ripple effects far beyond Planned Parenthood. Susan Buchanan, chief executive of the Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center, said in an interview Friday that it 'puts us in the position of having to make a Hobbesian choice' of having to choose between the 90 percent of the clinic's patients that get a range of services from the clinic and the 10 percent that receive abortions.

The center is the only Title X recipient in Colorado that provides abortions, and the funding accounts for $550,000, or roughly 20 percent, of its annual budget.

Buchanan noted that the state had made major strides between 2009 and 2014 through the privately- funded Colorado Family Planning Initiative, which focused on providing women with long-acting reversible contraceptives. The state’s teen birthrate dropped 50 percent during that five-year period, she said, avoiding at least $66 million in spending on entitlement programs such as food stamps. The center uses its federal funding to operate a free clinic for teenagers, which allows young women to obtain contraception without telling their parents or having to file insurance claims.

...​

This week, more than 200 members of Congress — including Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.), and Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-N.Y.) — expressed their opposition to the change in a letter to Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar. 'The move would disproportionately impact communities of color, the uninsured, and low-income individuals, and could reverse progress made in critical areas,' they wrote."

Link...https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-rules/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4a5e175ce731

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An article I read a couple weeks ago stated funding would go to teach abstinence only until marriage (AOUM). Valerie Huber (Dept. of Health and Human Services) said “ teaching abstinence is a great way to get to the end of abortions in our lifetime.” Huber is anti-birth control and anti-abortion. She also believes in the Rhythm Method.

Planned parenthood feels that young people should get age apppropriate medically accurate information and answers to their question regarding sex and relationships - without being shamed and judged. The Trump / Pence administration is chipping away at access to birth control and sex education.

These Republicans are insane. Do these people not get that teen pregnancy rates are down due to access to birth control and sex education. Just another way they are trying to bring us back to 1950.

Last edited:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know I am probably the odd ex republican here who is pro life and I am firmly against abortion in nearly every circumstance.

BUT here is how I see it .... the best way to prevent abortion is EDUCATION and providing FREE AND easy access to JUDGEMENT FREE birth control to both men and women. Fewer abortions will happen if there are fewer unintended pregnancies!
Why are we not offering all people education on birth control methods? Why is there not access for all people to obtain over the counter EFFECTIVE birth control.
If you want a lower percent of abortions then you must have a MUCH higher percent of pregnancies that are planned.
How can any person believe that less education regarding reproduction and taking funds from those who provide birth control is going to have a positive effect on the abortion rate? Telling people not to have sex cannot be Plan A . It isnt realistic and is counterproductive.
Many women who find themselves in a position where abortion is a consideration find it is very stressful (to grossly understate the topic.) It is a difficult decision for many women. There are often a LOT of factors that they must consider.

I know of NO woman who would want to have to make the decision, if it could have been avoided.

Why is a pro-life party not enthusastically working to ensure EACH woman is empowered with knowledge AND the ability to control her body and make her own decisions about if or when to have a child.

Teaching women how to effectively avoid a pregnancy that might result in an abortion would seem to me to be a FIRST LINE of abortion prevention.

We need more planned parenthood centers. We need parents who will have frank and honest discussions about condom use. Parents who tell daughters about their cycles, explain in detaill what they must do for protection from both undesired pregnancies and the STD’s. It infuriates me that the prolife groups are not working day and night to help women understand and proactively take control of their lives.

Most people dont like abortions as a form of birth control! Both sides of the abortion debate want fewer women who must grapple with the decision when a pregnancy was not planned
Dont deny funding for abortions. Demand that fewer abortions will be needed becuase when a pregnancy happens it is planned and wanted.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for my abortion rant, this thread is about trump and his behavior and I am 100% certain trump is not against women having one when it suits him.
So next topic...
If I am accused of a bank robbery and I deny robbing the bank, and I am constantly declaring my innocence and I am being unfairly targeted—— while it is very irritating that banks and everywhere else is using video cameras to track me, —— If I didnt rob the bank I am going to be VERY VERY happy that the video surveillance tapes can prove I was not involved.

If someone accuses me of crimes I didnt commit , an honest 3rd party alibi can flat out prove my innocence and they reported my actions to the fbi in real time, it would be fantastic news to me!

If trump did nothing wrong why is he not demanding that the informant he is so upset about, release the notes and all the video/audio tapes to the public from the conversations they had and come testify on his and his staff’s behalf? If trump is telling the truth this informant and his/her recordings will exonerate him! If he was innocent He should be thanking the FBI.

For someone who claims witch hunt every chance he gets, he sure doesnt sound innocent of anything. Innocent people dont get enraged when they learn someone would be able to provide them with an airtight alibi. They are thrilled. Guilty people however get upset when they learn of new evidence against them.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such bullshit because everyone knows that Trump isn’t doing this for moral reasons. He’s doing it to secure 2020.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-i-am-christian-and-pro-choice_b_12690038
This explains my views. I’m not alone. Christianity is also bearing the weight of old ideals and old individuals who are ruining everything for the younger lot.

Signed,
A Liberal pro-choice Christian who accepts evolution (and science) as fact who loves everyone and is painfully aware this includes Trump. :lol-2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this article House Cat. You aren’t alone in your feelings about this.

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm just throwing this in here-- I grew up in Brooklyn and raised my son there. Sex education was given by my church and I sent my son there to become informed. He was twelve, and this was early 1970's. Several churches in my area did much the same. I was dating a Dr at the time and when my son returned he asked him if he had any more questions that he wanted answered. He said no.
Birth control was no secret then and is not one now. Parents, churches , schools can all play their part.
Tkya--you make many good points and I agree birth=control is maybe the most important tool we have to curb abortion. Frankly, I recall reading that 50-60% of all pregnancies are accidents. I don't think its all to do with education.

Annett

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For someone who claims witch hunt every chance he gets, he sure doesnt sound innocent of anything. Innocent people dont get enraged when they learn someone would be able to provide them with an airtight alibi. They are thrilled. Guilty people however get upset when they learn of new evidence against them.
This investigation have going on for a yr now. If the FBI found evidence of wrongdoing then they should show what they have on Trump, if not then shut up and close the investigation. How much more time do they need? :wall:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BBC trolling trumpanzee comparing inauguration crowd with Harry's and Meghan's wedding crowd. Hahahahaha

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 2.37.37 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 7.18.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 7.18.19 PM.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 1

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire , You do realize the Benghazi investigation took 4 years and ended with 0 indictments. The Russia investigation has been 14 months, there have been 23 indictments.

The email scandal took 2 years. Again, ZERO indictments.

@Dancing Fire , Please see the posts above from Page 46 of this thread. This investigation has only been ongoing for a little over a year. In case you haven’t heard Robert Mueller is doing his job.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tkyasx78 thank you for sharing your thoughts about abortion and birth control. I am adamantly pro-choice, but totally agree with you about the need for birth control and education, ESPECIALLY if a party is against abortion. I would have much less of an issue with anti-abortion groups if they would advocate for the policies you mentioned. But the idea that women shouldn't be allowed to choose OR have access to knowledge about how to stay safe and prevent pregnancy is just idiotic.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know some of Pricescope members are animal lovers. I am too. I do have family members who hunt. But this kind of hunting, is not sporting. It is barbaric, disgusting and cruel. It includes luring animals with bait and lights to shoot both the grown bears and the cubs, shooting wolf puppies and bear cubs in their dens, and use boats drive up to and shoot animals swimming for their lives.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ior-proposed-rule_us_5b032131e4b0a046186ecabe

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know some of Pricescope members are animal lovers. I am too. I do have family members who hunt. But this kind of hunting, is not sporting. It is barbaric, disgusting and cruel. It includes luring animals with bait and lights to shoot both the grown bears and the cubs, shooting wolf puppies and bear cubs in their dens, and use boats drive up to and shoot animals swimming for their lives.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ior-proposed-rule_us_5b032131e4b0a046186ecabe

I am not going to click on the link because I cannot deal with cruelty to animals. I realize that will leave me ignorant about what the link says about laws. All I wanted to say was that some places have laws to protect animals even though they allow hunting. I do not and would never hunt. I understand people who hunt for food, however, and are respectful of animals. I have been reading the CJ Box series of books about the fictitious game warden Joe Pickett in Wyoming. The protagonist of that series is ethical and protects game. He is sickened by people who chase down game while on motorized vehicles to exhaust them, shoot pregnant animals, and so forth. I see the difference.

Thank you for posting, even if I cannot benefit from your link personally, partgypsy.

Deb/AGBF

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
@tkyasx78 thank you for sharing your thoughts about abortion and birth control. I am adamantly pro-choice, but totally agree with you about the need for birth control and education, ESPECIALLY if a party is against abortion. I would have much less of an issue with anti-abortion groups if they would advocate for the policies you mentioned. But the idea that women shouldn't be allowed to choose OR have access to knowledge about how to stay safe and prevent pregnancy is just idiotic.

I am pro choice as well. My problem with the Republican platform on pro choice and pro life is that they are anti birth control access, anti sex education, and anti child healthcare and education. I really would like to know what their end game entails, since this path means there will be more children born into poverty, with poor health and educational access. Do they think that the "undesirables" will just die out or disappear, or that this "tough love" strategy will "wisen up" people?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
T 350FDDBA-3587-4555-B293-5DBC35FBDFE2.jpeg

Does anyone know if this is legitimate? Is this tweet based in fact?
While I dont approve of abortions , if this is accurate WTF IS GOING ON???
How would this even be legal?????

HAVE THE REPUBLICANS LOST THEIR MINDS? We are a country of laws! If trump and pence are SO certain they are in the right on this , why are they not proposing a constitutional amendment so the supreme court or the next president cannot overturn it.
Bullying doctors will last as long as the trump presidency lasts and THEN it will be undone by any rational human who is in charge! There is a right way and a wrong way to do things , this is the WRONG WAY.

What is going on with our elected officials? Do none of them have any sense of right or wrong ? I used to think this was a frog in a pot of water situation, where the Congress was slowly getting desensitized to humanity and decency... but I am starting to think they are literally ok with boiling everyone ... and to what end are they aiming? How do they see these sickening defenses of the indefenseable turning in their favor?? Is this TRULY the lengths they want a democratic president to be defended next go around? Will they keep quiet if a democrat is selling the US to foreign countries for personal enrichment? Are the republicans prepared to close their eyes when a democrat decides to tell the DOJ to investigate the republican political enemy?
Do they suppose they will offer a mea culpa at the end of 2020 and say we want a mulligan?

Republicans didnt include any democrats in the meeting today over the information with the investigation, and they will be ok when the tables are turned ????
... the epa scumbag Pruitt literally kicked out an ap reporter and the cnn reporter to deny the free press . When a democrat is in power they are ok with all fox reporters being literally thrown out ???
Trump is flat out telling leslie stahl that he lies about the media so that people will not believe the press when they write negative stores about him. Has not one republican sat in an history class about the holocaust? Read anything about despots? Talked to anyone about the consequences of running a banana republic???
Rudy is lying and making so much stuff up that it is getting getting difficult to watch tv. I just can’t even anymore..

How is what is going on even legal? Why is congress not doing its job? How do we have a congress willing to support and enable this deranged sociopath at the loss of the freedom of the press, freedom of speech, rule of law and many other basic rights the country was founded on.

I will be writing my congressman and both my senators tonight. This is wrong on so many levels. We all want fewer abortions. But endangering womens lives and health is criminal too! If they want to change the laws they need to do it legally. If we continue to let trump walk all over the rule of law we really are in trouble.
If you live in a republican area write your representatives, if you live in democratic areas do it too. And of course vote in november and bring your friends to vote. Every last one of these idle and treasonous Sycophants needs to be shown the door.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 9.25.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 9.25.57 AM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find this administration frightening. You sumed up the news perfectly @tkyasx78 . Trump wants a dictatorship. He feels he and his family are above the law. I’m thankful for Mueller but wonder if he will be enough when the Republican Party supports everything Trump does no matter if it goes against our institutions and our constitution.

I couldn’t believe they kicked the AP and CNN reporters out yesterday. They were discussing drinking water. Scumbag is way to kind of a word to describe Pruitt @tkyasx78 . I found it equally disturbing that Leslie Stahl has not released the video. They should have released it immediately.

Education and easy access to birth control is what have brought abortion and teen pregnancy rates down. There are documented statistics showing these idiots that this is what works . The facts are the facts. The notion that women use abortion as their method of birth control is insane. I can’t imagine a more difficult decision for any woman to make. Preaching abstinence to unmarried people is not going to keep them from having sex. They paid Bristol Palin $250,000 to be a spoke person for abstinence and she still got pregnant a second time. Religion has no place in our government and that is what is driving this issue.

It was announced today the NFL teams will be fined if players kneel during the National Anthem.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was also just announced that Jared’s Kushner has his White House Security restored. How the hell did that happen???

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am guessing it happened when trump said - he doesnt care what the recommendation said , he is personally approving it.
He is not required to honor the recommendations on clearances.
The bbc news is reporting cohen got 400k for foreign influence to the president
I am guessing that was the reason trump was screaming witch hunt again this morning

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
544A0B35-508C-4CAA-875B-4705BE597B37.png

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

DF, I think you have the facts wrong again. Daca and the WALL were in the same package. The Pres and the Dems agreed-25 billion for that Wall, residency for Daca. John Kelly put the cabash on that agreement. The Pres has not been able to get as good a deal as that deal was. Totally the Pres fault.

Now to Immigration. The problem for the Trump Administration is that they can't seem to stop the illegal immigration from Mexico. I was stunned to read, Feb and March figures for illegal entry 37,000 and 34,000 each and every month. I read the Obama Admin deported just as many illegals as Trump has done.
When I heard about the separation of mothers and children I immediately thought of Sophies Choice. Thats a book that has stayed with me. In the concentration camp she has to choose between her two children, which one would live and which one would go to the gas chamber. Horrifying thought.

They cannot, so far stop the illegals from coming. Somebody will take this to the Supreme Court.

Annette

Of course they can't. And I think that even Trump understands that the wall will not keep people from coming in. However... observing how much any construction in my state costs us, I assume that the WALL will be a very lucrative endeavour. It will be interesting to see who gets the contract. Trump has been in construction, casinos, LV hotel, what not. There will be a lot of $$ to be made on that wall.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone else worried that Trump has has ordered The Department of Justice to intervene in the investigation into his "collusion"* with Russia? Obviously he has decided to ignore the rule of law.
I just watched Masha Gessen converse with Chuck Todd on "Meet The Press". Apparently she issued some guidelines for surviving autocracy shortly after Trump was inaugurated. As I hear his latest tweets, which are completely out of tune with reality, I find that I may need them. I will reprint them here in case anyone else finds them useful. I thought I would have to expound on them to give everyone a sense of what Ms. Gessen did on the show, but luckily she she published these in an article in which she expounded on the points herself. Therefore, the points are made clearly, not sloppily. ;))

1) Believe the autocrat.
2) Do not be taken in by small signs of normality
3) Institutions will not save you.
4) Be outraged.
5) Don't make compromises.
6) Remember the future.

Link to article by Ms. Gessen...https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/11/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival/

*Read: criminal conspiracy

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the current alternate reality that is making me worry about how Trump and his world can be handled. Chuck Todd and his guests were discussing the problem of being unable to ignore tweets because they are from the president and the futility of arguing with them. Read how CRAZY they are. Yet there are people out there who are going to read them and believe them. So what do we do? Maybe follow Masha Gessen's advice?

AGBF

WASHINGTON — President Trump accused federal investigators of using a spy inside his campaign, repeating unconfirmed claims and saying it could be one of the “biggest political scandals in history!” The president also gave the scandal a name: “SPYGATE.”

May 23, 2018
But hours later, Mr. Trump slightly backed off the accusations, telling reporters, “I hope it’s not true, but it looks like it is.”

In a series of Twitter posts early Wednesday about the continuing Russia investigation, Mr. Trump briefly departed from his previous language about the possibility that the government deployed a spy inside his presidential campaign. Instead, he stated it as fact.

Look how things have turned around on the Criminal Deep State. They go after Phony Collusion with Russia, a made up Scam, and end up getting caught in a major SPY scandal the likes of which this country may never have seen before! What goes around, comes around!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 23, 2018

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A judge just ruled that trumpanzee can't block people from his twitter account, even though he had the account before he was elected, because he now works for the people. This is the only thing that could entice me to join twitter and I'm doing so for the express purpose of unloading my vitriol on him.
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 3.37.35 PM.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was announced today the NFL teams will be fined if players kneel during the National Anthem.
:clap::clap:. They can go kneel in front of the WH now...24/7

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results