shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking for a specific thread in which someone had said something to which I wished to link this, but I couldn't find it. However, it certainly also belongs in this thread if one goes by topic. Madeline Albright, the former Secretary of State, and an excellent one by anyone's lights, writes of the unprecedented dangers of fascism here in the United States today and what we can do about it. She is upbeat; she takes heart in the movement by the young people to fight for their lives against gun violence.

Article in "The New York Times"...https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/06/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear! No no no! We can't liken anything in the US to fascism. Don't you remember the last time we did, here on PS? In the days leading up to our current joke of a president? Certain posters swooped in to be all offended personally and on the behalf of Jews who might have to take to the fainting couch at the comparisons of what was/is going on here, to German fascism, or any flavor of fascism, and to insist that our form of government was structured so it would never allow such things to happen here. :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not really ragging on you Deb, I promise. ;-) Just remembering thread directions past. I'll get out later and read your article. I wouldn't mind reading something that was hopeful. There's no dearth of stuff that isn't, that's for sure.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear! No no no! We can't liken anything in the US to fascism. Don't you remember the last time we did, here on PS? In the days leading up to our current joke of a president? Certain posters swooped in to be all offended personally and on the behalf of Jews who might have to take to the fainting couch at the comparisons of what was/is going on here, to German fascism, or any flavor of fascism, and to insist that our form of government was structured so it would never allow such things to happen here. :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not really ragging on you Deb, I promise.
;-) Just remembering thread directions past. I'll get out later and read your article. I wouldn't mind reading something that was hopeful. There's no dearth of stuff that isn't, that's for sure.

I am immune to criticism about using the f word, dear k. I am above the fray. Hahaha. That is because it was the topic of my Ph.D (the one I never got) in modern European History. My proposed dissertation was about the role of women in Nazi Germany back in the days when no one had yet written about that (the early 1970's). I studied fascism (in Spain and Italy and everywhere) up the wazoo. So I never mind it when people (not you, of course) yell at me for taking the f word in vain. I know f from non-f.

Deb :wavey:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am immune to criticism about using the f word, dear k. I am above the fray. Hahaha. That is because it was the topic of my Ph.D (the one I never got) in modern European History. My proposed dissertation was about the role of women in Nazi Germany back in the days when no one had yet written about that (the early 1970's). I studied fascism (in Spain and Italy and everywhere) up the wazoo. So I never mind it when people (not you, of course) yell at me for taking the f word in vain. I know f from non-f.

Then you would like(?) the book "Hitler's Furies: German Women in The Nazi Killing Fields". Very eye-opening and creepy. Maybe someone got hold of your dissertation? ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then you would like(?) the book "Hitler's Furies: German Women in The Nazi Killing Fields". Very eye-opening and creepy. Maybe someone got hold of your dissertation? ;-)

I can add it to my reading list, k, but I have Hitler's Vienna: A Portrait of the Tyrant as a Young Man
by Brigitte Hamann on my night stand and my husband keeps asking me when I am going to read it since he is, now, anxious to discuss it! (He borrowed it and read if first!) meanwhile I am happily reading only fiction and am currently reading the latest David Baldacci thriller! I don't want to get ahead of my skis as they keep saying on the news nowadays! How can you be so intellectual? I take it that you have read Hitler's Furies? (Give me a preview!)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The acronym gift that just keeps on giving: MAGA: my attorney got arrested.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woke up to see news that speaker ryan is not running again

Trump is again telegraphing to russia the military plans to give putin a heads up. And then this stunning admission, that I had to read 2 times and then make sure it is not a parody account.

988F9114-CCB1-48F9-A70A-275FE205D5BE.jpeg

What idiot at the white house told trump it is a great idea to admit that he only deliberately OBSTRUCTS JUSTICE when he wants to fight?

There is no fight back execption for obstruction charges despite what his lawyers tell him. And collusion isnt a definable crime, they wont charge him with “collusion” it will be conspiracy to defraud american elections.

Can NO ONE at the white house remember that mueller and the fbi are capable of accessing and reading twitter?

Executing a valid search warrant is not unthinkable but when he is admitting on twitter that he obstructs justice so he can “fight back” the fbi should probably get a few more no knock warrants as trumps corruption literally runs everywhere.

I also wonder when he will kick out pruitt... I guess he is still hesitant to kick out the guy who is destroying the epa for him.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can NO ONE at the white house remember that mueller and the fbi are capable of accessing and reading twitter?

Please stay in my life forever, tkyasx78! You made me smile on a cold and frosty day in April!

Hugs,
Deb :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! @ksinger and @AGBF .

Do you think Trump with fire Rosenstein and Mueller?

I have no idea; therefore I have to sit on my bed with MSNBC on all day and a spy novel in my hands. It would be perfect if my daughter were not sleeping next to me. Why won't she go to her own room? ;)) If it's 12:00 to 1:00 PM it must be "Andrea Mitchell Reports".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If there was Russian collusion it would be out by now. If the FBI really wanna investigate Russian collusion they know exactly where to look, but of course we all know that the Clintons are above the law.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire , It’s time to turn Hannity and Tucker Carlson off and watch an actual news station. There is a whole lot going on in the world other than Hillary Clinton and crazed panda bears having sex (yes, Fox News actually ran a story about panda bears the night Cohen’s Office was raided).

Trump is unhinged @tkyasx78 . He certainly isn’t acting like an innocent man. Does Trump really think Cohen won’t cooperate to save his own hide?

It’s being reported that his aides were caught off guard this morning with his tweet for Russia to get ready for missile strikes in Syria. So now Trump taunts Putin via twitter.

Trump is considering firing Rosenstein to rein in Mueller. Would that not be considered obstruction?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire

Trump is considering firing Rosenstein to rein in Mueller. Would that not be considered obstruction?
I'm not saying that he should fire Rosenstein or Mueller b/c this is what the Dems want, but they should also look into the Clintons for colluding with the Russians.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea; therefore I have to sit on my bed with MSNBC on all day and a spy novel in my hands. It would be perfect if my daughter were not sleeping next to me. Why won't she go to her own room? ;)) If it's 12:00 to 1:00 PM it must be "Andrea Mitchell Reports".

Alas, the real world intrudes. At 1:50 I had to leave the house to drive her (my daughter) to her community college class in another town. Thank goodness for Sirius radio!

BTW, I don't have to put whatshisface on ignore in order to ignore his baiting lately. I have come to the conclusion that some people (Trump supporters and people like him) live in an alternate universe. No conversation with them is possible.

Deb
:saint:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I don't have to put whatshisface on ignore in order to ignore his baiting lately. I have come to the conclusion that some people (Trump supporters and people like him) live in an alternate universe. No conversation with them is possible.

Deb
:saint:
No baiting, just facts...:praise:.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
help.gif

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I think he will fire Rosenstein and Mueller. He has to. He can't let the investigation go farther. This guy is a criminal. I have no doubt we will get a referral to Rosenstein, then to the House, from Mueller on Obstruction of Justice. Now, if they can get state crimes against him and others, there will be no pardons.

DF--- I not only think that your citizenship class did not seem to instruct you on "NO-ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW" IN THIS COUNTRY, but your retort that Hillary Clinton colluded with the Russians, is absurd. If your daughter, when she was a teenager, said to you, Dad, I want to steal some clothes from Nordstrums, what would you say. Probably, in a loud voice, NO. But then she answers, but Gloria does it, and so I should too. Every time you retort that (IN a whiny tone), but Hillary and the Clintons did whatever you have decided at that point, you sound like my fictional conversation with your daughter. Its absurd, just as absurd as when Trump does it. I know you don't like liars, how in heavens name can you defend this man, this pathological liar. Please, please look at what he is. We have never been in so much danger of losing what you and my parents came here for.

Annette--a patriot

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 2.17.43 PM.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF--- I not only think that your citizenship class did not seem to instruct you on "NO-ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW" IN THIS COUNTRY, but your retort that Hillary Clinton colluded with the Russians, is absurd.
If Trump is guilty impeach him. If HRC is guilty "lock her up" but this investigation have had been going on for over a yr now and still no proof that Trump colluded with the Russians. Yes, I know, I know ,the Clintons are sweet and innocent.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well said annette.
I saw that cohens attorney is likely to advise cohen to plead the 5th and hope for pardons. I hope they all are charged with state crimes first and save the federal ones until trump is impeached and cannot self deal pardons to those who will cover for him.

I am sure the FBI has this under control.
If there is one thing- They can count on trump to have no impulse control and he will continue to incriminate himself. His lemmings will literally follow trump off that cliff. At this point we have to hold on and hope it is over sooner than later.
I dont like comey, but I am going to read his new book. I think he should not have said anything one way or the other. He was trying to help the republicans ( as he is one) and he really shot himself in the foot by helping them.
He made a bad and stupid choice during the elections but i dont think he is a liar. I listened to his congressional testimony and he is trustworthy to me. To see the gop trying to smear him reminds me of a saying-
do not follow those who are not whole. (Of good sound character ) for those who do wrong will not stand with you when the time comes and will quickly trade your happiness for their own.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

DF--If evidence is found that Trump colluded with the Russians, he will be impeached. Until such a time, the investigation should continue. If he did not he will be exonerated. None of his problem has anything to do with the Clintons, that why its silly to keep bringing them up. Aren't eight investigations into Bengazi(Sp.) enough. The last one took two years. Investigations of this sort always take long. So far this is going at a good pace. Nixons took longer. I don't remember Bill Clintons.

All of these Justice Dept officials are Republicans. Rod Rosenstein, Christopher Wray, Bob Mueller. Why would they go after a Republican President? The circumstances, which means all those people around the Pres have lied about what happened with the Russians. Do you know how many additions Jared Kushner had to make to his disclosure forms on his number of meetings with Russians, in many corrections. ONE HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT. The Attorney General lied about his meeting. General Flynn lied, Popodapolous lied. Why are they all lying?. Pretend you're a detective for the US Gov't. What would you do?
There are a few policies that I agree with Trump. But, I can see how dangerous this man is.
You can analyze a diamond with skill. I assume you do the same with coins. Take an objective look. This country over party. Some of the people on here have made some really good comments.
It isn't being a liberal or a democrat here, it seeing what's happening. We have never seen anything like this before. Support the completion of the investigation. I want to know the truth.

Comrade Annette

wake up--. He may be coming for you, like the Japenese.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretend you're a detective for the US Gov't. What would you do?
Support the completion of the investigation. I want to know the truth.

Comrade Annette
So you do agree with me that the gov't should look into the Clintons for colluding with the Russians?...:whistle:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As always, a great, well thought out post. It seemed to fall on Deaf ears tho.

Trump is most dangerous because he fulfills the wants of the far right which is more important than the incoming disaster which seems to slowly be happening. Thank you Annette.

Kate

Hi,

DF--If evidence is found that Trump colluded with the Russians, he will be impeached. Until such a time, the investigation should continue. If he did not he will be exonerated. None of his problem has anything to do with the Clintons, that why its silly to keep bringing them up. Aren't eight investigations into Bengazi(Sp.) enough. The last one took two years. Investigations of this sort always take long. So far this is going at a good pace. Nixons took longer. I don't remember Bill Clintons.

All of these Justice Dept officials are Republicans. Rod Rosenstein, Christopher Wray, Bob Mueller. Why would they go after a Republican President? The circumstances, which means all those people around the Pres have lied about what happened with the Russians. Do you know how many additions Jared Kushner had to make to his disclosure forms on his number of meetings with Russians, in many corrections. ONE HUNDRED THIRTY EIGHT. The Attorney General lied about his meeting. General Flynn lied, Popodapolous lied. Why are they all lying?. Pretend you're a detective for the US Gov't. What would you do?
There are a few policies that I agree with Trump. But, I can see how dangerous this man is.
You can analyze a diamond with skill. I assume you do the same with coins. Take an objective look. This country over party. Some of the people on here have made some really good comments.
It isn't being a liberal or a democrat here, it seeing what's happening. We have never seen anything like this before. Support the completion of the investigation. I want to know the truth.

Comrade Annette

wake up--. He may be coming for you, like the Japenese.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results