clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:eek2: Sean hannity
Did not see that coming.
And he said he doesnt have any NDA with cohen....his meetings were about real
Estate and he paid him 10 bucks one time sonhe could keep the convos confidential.:naughty:
Does hannity think we were born last night??
I believe he doesnt have NDA for slimy crap as much as I believe the trump tower meeting was about adoptions :nono:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Washington Post said today advisors are saying Sean Hannity is operating as the shadow Chief-Of-Staff, reveling John Kelly in influencing the President.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I just heard the Justice Dept Inspector General has made a criminal referral of Andrew McCabe to the Justice Dept. It is said he lied, tried to blame someone else, and generally tried to avoid saying what had happened. This was about exposing the Justice Dept's on-going case of the Clinton Foundation.

Callie- I don't believe that Hannity is a client. He was surprised that his name came up, and it was told in court that if the judge ruled that his name should be outed, they would immediately go to the appeals court. They of course did not do this. I think they needed another client. Broidy just had a NDA drawn up by Cohen, and that's it. Only Trump.

Annette

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info @smitcompton . I’m glad I’m not the only one addicted to this watching mess. If you’re son gives you a hard time about watching the news programs just let me know. I’ll come pick you up and you can watch it with me.

So now Giuliani is going to push to wrap up Mueller’s investigation in two weeks LOL.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The left has nothing to say about who wins the Nobel Peace Prize. You need to do some due diligence.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A660E72C-7C42-47A8-A802-E93820BF8337.jpeg
Twitter this morning...:shock:
He managed to squeeze Obstruction of Justice, Witness Tampering, First Amendment Suppression and opened himself up to a NEW defamation of character lawsuit by a Pulitzer prize winning journalist in one thread.

And he also is going to get MORE people to go read her story about cohen by promoting it this way.

If there is something bad, he finds a way to make it worse. It is one of the few things he does extraordinarily well.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just another example of something else this administration will screw up.

The Trump administration announced they will be shifting federal funding aimed at reducing teen pregnancy rates to programs that teach abstinence.

Abstinence .... are they serious???

Do these people not read. They all should be taking a look at what happen in Indiana. Teaching abstinence is not the answer. Teaching teens about birth control, how to protect their health while providing access to birth control is what these people should be focusing on. Teen pregnancy was at it’s lowest rates when Obama was in office.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do these people not read. They all should be taking a look at what happen in Indiana. Teaching abstinence is not the answer. Teaching teens about birth control, how to protect their health while providing access to birth control is what these people should be focusing on. Teen pregnancy was at it’s lowest rates when Obama was in office.

Considering that Trump appears illiterate, I am going to say "no". They don't read. Or think.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering that Trump appears illiterate, I am going to say "no". They don't read. Or think.

If you want to reach Trump and his base, put your message on Fox News. In fact, I think the only way to reach Trump is to put a story on Fox News.

Deb :read:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if this is the best place, but I just read on MSN that Melania took two staffers who had known Barbara Bush with her to the funeral so they could pay their respects. That seems to me such a kind thing to do.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A660E72C-7C42-47A8-A802-E93820BF8337.jpeg
Twitter this morning...:shock:
He managed to squeeze Obstruction of Justice, Witness Tampering, First Amendment Suppression and opened himself up to a NEW defamation of character lawsuit by a Pulitzer prize winning journalist in one thread.

And he also is going to get MORE people to go read her story about cohen by promoting it this way.

If there is something bad, he finds a way to make it worse. It is one of the few things he does extraordinarily well.

More on the Trump versus Maggie Haberman story (just an update):

Link...https://www.mediaite.com/online/ny-...ump-has-been-afraid-of-roger-stone-for-years/

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if this is the best place, but I just read on MSN that Melania took two staffers who had known Barbara Bush with her to the funeral so they could pay their respects. That seems to me such a kind thing to do.

With all due respect, I do not believe that The Bush Family needs Melania Trump. I agree that she has better impulses than that ill-mannered thug to whom she has the misfortume of being married, and she has made other gestures that seem decent. For instance, she visited The Holocaust Museum while her husband went to Davos following the revelation of his affair with Stormy Daniels. I do not think that using the word "kind" to apply to Mrs.Trump attending the funeral of a woman with the status of Mrs. Bush sounds correct, however. To my ear it has the sound of noblesse oblige. In my opinion, Mrs. Bush, a great woman, who stood her ground as a feminist long before her time, and who was both the wife and the mother of presidents, does not need Melania Trump to do her "kindnesses".

I am sorry if I am coming across as argumentative to you, luv2sparkle. I did not mean to. I have always been extremely fond of Barbara Bush, although I am a Democrat, and was happy to see her refuse to get onto the pro-life bandwagon with all the other Republicans when it was in fashion. She was smart and tough and held her own. She was not simply interested in fashion. I really liked that woman! And I am from Greenwich, where the Bush Family is from so I have followed them since George Bush's father was our Senator. I just cannot take this lightly.

AGBF

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
I've never met Barbara Bush, @AGBF, so I can't say thing about her greatness, smartness, or toughness. I can say that she /might/ have been one of the many Republicans who support unrestricted access to abortion, but since she never spoke publicly about it, none of us actually know what she thought, felt, said, or did about abortion.
Fortunately, many Democratic and Republican voters support the rights of the unborn, and spend time, energy, and money supporting pregnant women in difficult circumstances who are struggling to take care of themselves and their families. I've met plenty of them, so I can say, yes, those women are smart, those women are tough, and at least their kids think they are great. Another thing they have in common with Mrs Bush Sr is they hardly any of them care about fashion.

Ya know what? I think I might admire those women all the more because they don't have a fraction of the money or class advantages Mrs Bush Sr had. Maybe I'd change my mind if I met her, and saw the work she did, but now I never will.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
Gah, sorry for the thread jack you guys!! Too much coffee or not enough? ;-)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, Mrs. Bush was said to have had a very friendly relationship with the staff. Melania didn’t have to bring them with her, but I do think it was a kind thing to do regardless of what anyone thinks of POTUS. I understand that you have have strong feelings about all things political. Sometimes, I just want to look for the good instead of focusing on all bad.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya know what? I think I might admire those women all the more because they don't have a fraction of the money or class advantages Mrs Bush Sr had. Maybe I'd change my mind if I met her, and saw the work she did, but now I never will.

I did admire Mrs. Bush for refusing to fall into line, but I shouldn't have brought up abortion. It was her independent spirit that I enjoyed, not her stand on one particular issue. Obviously I did not know Mrs. Bush personally, either, but I certainly knew her as well as all the other Americans who followed her long and distinguished public life. I see no reason for one to have to meet her in the flesh to acknowledge her worth.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, Mrs. Bush was said to have had a very friendly relationship with the staff. Melania didn’t have to bring them with her, but I do think it was a kind thing to do regardless of what anyone thinks of POTUS. I understand that you have have strong feelings about all things political. Sometimes, I just want to look for the good instead of focusing on all bad.

I understand where you are coming from, but I cannot get the image of Melania Trump deigning to lend her presence to the funeral of Barbara Bush out of my head. I realize that Melania Trump did not say she was condescending to attend the funeral, but that is the image conjured up by what you posted. Barbara Bush, the only woman beside Abigail Adams to be both the wife and mother of a US President, did not need Melania Trump to lend her status or do her kindnesses.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
It could have been almost any issue of the first Bush presidency that might have set me off, @AGBF. The man was so unpopular he was elected to just one term as President. He lied about taxes, invaded Panama, then invaded Kuwait. Whatever Mrs Bush Sr thought or said about his actions as President, we don't know, but we do know she never felt strongly enough about any public issues to leave him over that. So maybe their enduring love was what was most important to her, and not public policy? Fair enough, after all, she was not an elected official, so she didn't need a public policy. Maybe we are celebrating their enduring love when we praise her? That's private, not public.

And the other part I don't understand is why she gets credit for being a mother and a wife of presidents, I guess if you support dynasties in American politics, then you think it's a good idea to keep power, money, and access in the hands of just a few families, but that doesn't sit right with me. What a bad attitude I have! I know I'm out of sync with you and many others on this. But Bush Sr was head of the RNC about a million years ago, and his chief political strategist was Lee Atwater the smartest, most viscious political operator of his time, and Mrs Bush Sr never made a public statement on that. She supported her husband and her family. His agenda /was/ her agenda. He was lucky to have her, but is the nation any better for her actions?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barbara Bush was one of the best. As a member of the Greatest Generation, she did buck the system in her own way and was a feminist in her own right. A few years ago while riding through Houston she asked her driver to stop at an elementary school. Without press and fanfare, she went into the school and read to the kids. At 90 years old she was still giving back! Down to earth and real was she. Supporting her husband and family does not make her less of a contributor. The partisan divide has made us unable to see people in their own light. Tattoo a D or a R on each persons forehead so we can just box each of us in? I have been wearing my pearls for the last few days in honor of a woman who was a deeply caring individual and I have seen a lot of women in Houston doing the same. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barbara Bush was one of the best. As a member of the Greatest Generation, she did buck the system in her own way and was a feminist in her own right. A few years ago while riding through Houston she asked her driver to stop at an elementary school. Without press and fanfare, she went into the school and read to the kids. At 90 years old she was still giving back! Down to earth and real was she. Supporting her husband and family does not make her less of a contributor. The partisan divide has made us unable to see people in their own light. Tattoo a D or a R on each persons forehead so we can just box each of us in? I have been wearing my pearls for the last few days in honor of a woman who was a deeply caring individual and I have seen a lot of women in Houston doing the same. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents.
Nice! :clap:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could have been almost any issue of the first Bush presidency that might have set me off, @AGBF. The man was so unpopular he was elected to just one term as President. He lied about taxes, invaded Panama, then invaded Kuwait.

I appreciate your civil tone, Maja. I believe we may have to agree to disagree (politely), however. We seem to be absolutely poles apart in how we regard the world. As I have said, I am a Democrat, so I did not even vote for president George Herbert Walker Bush. I did come to respect his presidency and his intellect, though. I thought that although George W. Bush was elected to two terms that he was quite unintelligent and that he made disastrous decisions for the US in the foreign policy realm. I ardently wished that he had followed his father's restraint when faced with potential conflict in the Middle East. George HW Bush's presidency has little to do with my respect for Barbara Bush, however. She had a way of keeping her sons (particularly W) in line. She was was never rude, but she could be blunt-even when W was president-and I loved that about her. I also thought that she was a very nurturing, warm, and real First Lady. I do not to speak ill of the dead so I will not make comparisons with other First Ladies whom I found lacking in her kindness and earthiness, but there have been some.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well said. :wavey:

As to Melania taking staff from the WH who were particularly fond of Mrs. Bush, they likely would never have been able to attend if she hadn't. It was a nice gesture on her part. The hating hats of politics are an ugly accessory.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think it was a kind gesture for Melania to invite the 2 staffers to attend the funeral. I also think it probably made Melania feel comfortable to have them attend with her. I can’t imagine having to come face to face with people your husband has treated terribly.

Politics aside the Bush family, the Clinton’s and the Obama’s have been friendly and respectful toward each other. Trump has no idea what respect and kindness even mean or that they matter.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think it was a kind gesture for Melania to invite the 2 staffers to attend the funeral. I also think it probably made Melania feel comfortable to have them attend with her. I can’t imagine having to come face to face with people your husband has treated terribly.

Politics aside the Bush family, the Clinton’s and the Obama’s have been friendly and respectful toward each other. Trump has no idea what respect and kindness even mean or that they matter.
I agree Callie. Even in the political arena. George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton became good friends after their contentious 1992 election. They joined forces to raise money for the victims of hurricane Katrina. They formed a truely warm relationship. Speaks to the true character of these two men.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree Callie. Even in the political arena. George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton became good friends after their contentious 1992 election. They joined forces to raise money for the victims of hurricane Katrina. They formed a truely warm relationship. Speaks to the true character of these two men.

I think it’s says so much about their true character too @Bonfire. Their friendship has always seemed genuine.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As to Melania taking staff from the WH who were particularly fond of Mrs. Bush, they likely would never have been able to attend if she hadn't. It was a nice gesture on her part. The hating hats of politics are an ugly accessory.

That's what I was getting from it. Melania is currently in a high enough position that she was allowed or invited to attend Mrs. Bush's funeral. No one said that it was a kind thing for Melania to attend the funeral herself. What was kind was that she used her status and invitation to bring two staffers who felt close to Mrs. Bush and wanted to attend when it's probable they might not have otherwise been able to attend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results