shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo of Melania Trump may not belong in this thread, but I have to admit that I looked up last night's state dinner on a website where I could see photos of it after hearing that it had been magnificent. mrs. trump certainly appears to have fulfilled her role as as a gracious (and also beautiful) hostess. Her Chanel gown is, in my opinion, astonishing! I have been riveted by M. Macron's visit, watching him charm and, perhaps, persuade President Trump day after day. Usually watching Trump irritates me, but I was glued to the speeches made yesterday morning (in part because one was in French and another was translated into French). The two men vied for who could pull most on the heartstrings of the patriotic, and invoke passions of of old wars, but I had the distinct feeling that M. Macron knew what he was up to and Mr. Trump was the one being played!

MelaniaTrumpinChanelFirstStateDinner.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I find astonishing is how miserable they both look.

Actually I had not noticed how unhappy they both looked until you pointed it out, JPie. I was too focused on Melania's gown! I had noticed that she brushed Trump's hand away earlier in the day, however, as she seems wont to do nowadays (given all the news about his extra-marital affairs). When I went looking for text about her mood at the dinner, I came across this photo. Apparently people have been posting that Melania looks happier at a funeral (that of Barbara Bush) than at parties with her husband.

MelaniaTrumpandBarackObama.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently people have been posting that Melania looks happier at a funeral (that of Barbara Bush) than at parties with her husband.

MelaniaTrumpandBarackObama.jpg

Can't say I blame her! :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, Michelle looks very happy in these two photos...:whistle:
maxresdefault.jpg

db9a54cdf0e98a545ddd3e5beac49f11.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotta say I agree with DF here. Gasp! A rare occurrence :eek2: Pictures taken at the right or wrong moments convey different perceptions, whether true or untrue. We don’t know what their relationship is like behind closed doors and I have no desire to speculate nor gossip about it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures taken at the right or wrong moments convey different perceptions, whether true or untrue. We don’t know what their relationship is like behind closed doors and I have no desire to speculate nor gossip about it.

I remember taking that stance when people first started to gossip about a breakdown in the marriage of the Prince and late Princess of Wales. It turned out, of course, that there was a huge amount of evidence suggesting their unhappiness with each other, about which people who saw them every day were acutely aware. I suspect that given President Trump's marital behavior, the same is true of his relationship with Melania. One does not see many smiling photos of them (as one did with the Obamas) and an occasional sad look, but an unrelenting series of photos showing anger and misery. And how could it be otherwise given how he has treated his wife?

Naturally it it is your prerogative not to speculate or gossip about it, but the president is a public figure (to put it mildly) and it is he who has thrust his marriage into the faces of the public.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From my view, considering that he is a Narcissist, it’s pretty certain what his relationship(s) are generally like without having to speculate much.

To me, the relationship seems most like a business arrangement because I don’t think there’s a lot of depth or soul connecting going on. She upholds the best possible reflection of him with her image and restraint, which is exactly what a narcissist wants in a spouse. My question has always been wondering what she gets out of it and why she agreed to it. Ofcourse, money and security come to mind. Maybe she thought he was the best chance she’d ever get?
How can she stand him?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything I wondered about the Trumps marriage was pretty much summed up in an interview she gave before he became president. Someone asked her If she would still be with him if he was not rich? Her response was “If I wasn’t beautiful, do you think he would be with me?”

Melania’s facial expressions and actions leave little doubt that their marriage is a business deal. What I wonder is why she hasn’t already left him? My guess is her settlement is not nearly enough to live the life she has become accustomed to money wise.

I remember reading Marla Maples was given 2 million in her divorce settlement from Trump. I’m sure he provided well for Tiffany and probably bought them a home but if her cash settlement was 2 million, that is not a lot of money.

@AGBF , White House doctor Ronny Jackson withdrawns as VA Nominee.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The President's birthday gift to Melania:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/26/trump-was-too-busy-to-get-melania-a-birthday-present/

He said, “It’s Melania’s birthday, so I said let’s do it (an interview on Fox and Friends) on Melania’s birthday, so happy birthday to Melania.”

But then Brian Kilmeade asked what he got her for her birthday.

I better not get into that ’cause I may get in trouble,” Trump said before stumbling over his words. “I tell you what — she has done … I got her a very beautiful card. You know, I’m very busy to be running around looking for presents, OK?”

I hope she has a good sense of humor.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The President's birthday gift to Melania:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/26/trump-was-too-busy-to-get-melania-a-birthday-present/

He said, “It’s Melania’s birthday, so I said let’s do it (an interview on Fox and Friends) on Melania’s birthday, so happy birthday to Melania.”

But then Brian Kilmeade asked what he got her for her birthday.

I better not get into that ’cause I may get in trouble,” Trump said before stumbling over his words. “I tell you what — she has done … I got her a very beautiful card. You know, I’m very busy to be running around looking for presents, OK?”

I hope she has a good sense of humor.

It was the most beautiful card you've ever seen, believe me! It was the best! Bigly!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood, I was wondering as you are for smaller government and greater accountability of government officials, and representing their constituents, if you and other conservatives would support the overturn of citizens United ruling. This is the ruling that corporations and unions are considered "citizens" and hence can give essentially unlimited amounts of money to political parties and individual politicians. You can see how a politician, elected because of that money, would have a conflict of interest in the legislation they pursue or possibly vote against. In the same way, I feel there should be limits in how much money is spent on elections, or the ability for people to move back and forth from industry to political positions. Its like the saying, you can't be slave to more than one master.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy donations to politicians help create the swamp in which they all dwell. If it were up to me there would be one fund, with a cap, distributed eqally between verfied candidates of all parties to use as they see fit. A billion dollar campaign is disgusting and suspect.

Edit
And I would require more televised debates by various media outlets and moderated by non partisan people, if enough of them exist.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know Trump is doing a great job as POTUS. Nothing else for the left wingers to say except to attack Melania..:rolleyes:. GO Trump!..
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would support that too redwood, limits on spending, and lessening of big money in politics. Russia is essentially an oligarchy, and we unfortunately are heading in that direction.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
trump growth?? well he managed to increase the cost of gas! We are $3.10 now :nono:
I saw that price is forcast to rise over the summer too. Can’t wait for speaker ryan to explain to the teacher who got $1.50 more in her paycheck how she is doing so much better now when gas hits 4$.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also for Trump supporters, if you don't feel Trump has done anything illegal, why is Trump so far refusing to sit down under oath and talk to Mueller? Obviously he can't perjure himself if he's innocent, correct?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also for Trump supporters, if you don't feel Trump has done anything illegal, why is Trump so far refusing to sit down under oath and talk to Mueller? Obviously he can't perjure himself if he's innocent, correct?

Technically, I think he could perjure himself even if he were innocent of a crime. I am not an attorney, but if perjury is lying under oath, one does not have to have committed a crime (in the past) to perjure oneself (and, therefore, commit the crime of perjury).

Deb :wavey:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Technically, I think he could perjure himself even if he were innocent of a crime. I am not an attorney, but if perjury is lying under oath, one does not have to have committed a crime (in the past) to perjure oneself (and, therefore, commit the crime of perjury).

Why would he need to lie under oath?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
trump growth?? well he managed to increase the cost of gas! We are $3.10 now :nono:
I saw that price is forcast to rise over the summer too. Can’t wait for speaker ryan to explain to the teacher who got $1.50 more in her paycheck how she is doing so much better now when gas hits 4$.
I wish it is $3.10 here in Ca. We are paying $3.80 for premium now and it will go higher in May.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be very foolish for him to testify under oath, b/c Mueller have nothing on him after 1.5 yr of investigation while wasted millions of taxpayer's money on this Russian BS. Why risk any chance of Mueller trapping him?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would he need to lie under oath?

I did not say he would need to. I was only responding to the statement, "He can't perjure himself if he's innocent". I believe that he could.

If you ask me to go out on a limb, I could speculate on why Trump might lie about things other than to cover up crimes he committed. One reason might be that he was still breathing. :))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's def true. Lying is as easy as breathing to him. Isn't it terrible we have got to the point where when the president, says something, your next thought is to wonder if they are actually telling the truth? It's like Peter from Peter and the wolf as president of the us. And dancing fire, sorry if you think Mueller is going too slow for you. I think he is doing just fine. And if Trump is foolish enough to fire rosenstein or Mueller, it will only seal the case of obstruction of Justice.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And for me personally, the things he has already done, that have come out, things he has implicated himself by his own twitter posts and meetings with Russians, are enough to show he did commit treason, by working with another government to try to throw the election. Dancing Fire, you say there is nothing there, but after 1 year, 19 of his associates have already been indicted! Other than Watergate, this is unheard of!

The big question is, will Republicans continue to shield him and continue to choose political power over loyalty and allegiance to our country? Or will the American people get outraged enough that if Trump tries to AGAIN undermine the investigation, the Republicans will back down and allow Mueller to complete his job. I don't know.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy let's keep the information correct if it is to be discussed. The indictments are not of 19 Trump associates. Only 4 of the 19 have connections to the campaign and none of those have been charged with a specific crime relating to the election interference.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

...So far, no Trump associates have been specifically charged with any crimes relating to helping Russia interfere with the 2016 election.

The closest we’ve come to that is that both Papadopoulos and Flynn both now admit that they lied to the FBI about their contacts with people connected to the Russian government. (Papadopoulos’s contacts took place before the election, and Flynn’s after it.)...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/05/robert-muellers-distinctly-american-indictments

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/politics/mueller-investigation-charges.html

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless there is a smoking gun, we may never know. But there does seem to be evidence, that Trump suggested support from the Ukraine be removed, not just when he was president but also suggestion at the Republican party platform. That is exactly what the Russian operatives requested, that we do not interfere with Russia's annexation of Ukraine, in exchange for information on Clinton.

Unfortunately, unless there are actual recorded phone messages, etc. I admit there may never be direct "smoking gun" proof connecting Trump. But everything we know about the sequence of events and that Trump people met with Russian operatives, they have certainly admitted the INTENT on influencing the election by trading information with foreign powers.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/08/republicans-russia-platform-fight-244672

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results