shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump promised again and again that he would keep businesses from moving jobs overseas. She believed him.
Obama promise college graduate jobs and they believed him.
nuts.gif

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we need to provide you a list of Trump’s Lies DF?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump promised again and again that he would keep businesses from moving jobs overseas. She believed him.
People were promised they could keep their doctor too. Probably best to manage expectations when it comes to politicians.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People were promised they could keep their doctor too. Probably best to manage expectations when it comes to politicians.
The vulnerable are just that...vulnerable. They shouldn’t be preyed upon. Trump saw them as fodder and said whatever he could to get their votes. Instead of delivering on his promises, he kicked dirt in their faces. Some of them liked it and became his base. The rest are left with dirt and are feeling betrayed.

Over on the left, we say this is the problem with and under-educated population. You call us judgmental for saying such things.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Obama promise college graduate jobs and they believed him.
nuts.gif

"When Obama took office, GDP was falling at a rate of 2.8 percent. When he left, GDP was growing by 1.5 percent and it had reached 2.9 percent the year before. The country had 11.2 million more jobs. Unemployment had gone from a high of 10 percent during his first year to 4.7 percent when he left."

Not so crazy after all.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
He better not be lying about stopping the caravan.

This caravan disturbs me a great deal. I am really worried we're going to wind up with a confrontation at the border with shots fired into foreign sovereign soil at unarmed civilians. I hope I'm wrong.

Mexico is not doing these people any favors by standing down and waving them through. Their children are passing out from heat and exhaustion. All for a mistaken belief that they'll be allowed into the US. One woman said they would appeal to Trump's humanity and touch his heart-- could there be any further proof that these poor people have no idea what they are walking into? Mexico needs to be blasting the truth from megaphones: stop, claim asylum here, the US will not allow you entry, your children will be taken from you and you will be deported without them, the army is being sent to the border.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So that means that all the coal workers who lost jobs back when our government cared about pollution and natural fracked gas was cheaper, those people should not have been upset? Is there a difference between jobs going to Bangladesh and jobs disappearing because times change? (actually offshoring is also about changing times).. Trump tried to help them by lifting clean air restrictions.. Trump told miners 'their jobs will come back'..

What did I think when global trade opened? I was worried about American jobs, I thought it might open up new markets for American goods. I never thought that companies would become GREEDY crappy employers that's for sure. I never thought that companies would elevate CEO's to gods who deserve 300times the salary of a worker, nope, I thought Americans had more morality.. boy was I wrong, and I benefited from these creeps, I can live comfortably on savings (stock). So I'm a hypocrite in one way Red, but in my soul I know that I have always been willing to pay more taxes to assist my fellow traveler in this country and the world. I did my best.

Nationalism, what a horrible term. I like Humanism. The concern we should have for our fellow travelers on this small planet (and getting smaller every day). We have a moral obligation to leave this earth in better shape than it is. It's a crying shame how uncaring American's have become. I suppose I'm the woodstock generation and I still believe in peace, love and gratitude for what I have (that I worked for), and a belief in helping others.

Trump has split America so horribly I don't think even a generation from now will heal it.

Programs like Pell for schooling for low income is fine. Expecting the government to keep your job here is not. What did everyone think would happen with further opening of global trade?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unemployment is too low, we need WAGES to rise. Amazon raised wages, but took away stock options for low paid employees.. BFD, they probably lost money on the deal. I'd take options any day over salary.

Red, the rich get richer, the stack of cards is against the poor, and the middle class. I see nothing changing.

Well since unemployment is so low and the economy is good then I guess they are working for the American people yes? All politics is local. Those are the people that do the most work for you. Yet when they do give tax incentives to bring businesses in, people complain about that too, "those corporations are getting a free ride."

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, Your post above spot on. The problem is the world we live in today is all about the 1%. Would it surprise you if the middle class disappear in the next 40 years? Often times “The pull yourself up by your boot straps” comments are made by people who have no idea what a person who is poor goes thru. It’s easy to make flippant comments when you have always lived a life of privilege.

Trump cheated, scammed and lied to avoid paying millions in taxes and still was able to become president. If you are applying for citizenship, you need to have all your back taxes paid in full. if you owe any tax money, you can not apply. How it possible that our president, the highest position in our country, is not held to the same standards?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mexico needs to be blasting the truth from megaphones: stop, claim asylum here, the US will not allow you entry, your children will be taken from you and you will be deported without them, the army is being sent to the border.
You think Mexico is that stupid? How are they gonna support all these people?. If they can break breakthrough the US border there will be 100 million more people coming into the US illegally. The caravan will continue forever till there are 0 population in South America.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
The caravan will continue forever till there are 0 population in South America.

Sounds like a great real estate opportunity then. :roll

No, we cannot allow everyone in, but these caravans have been going on for almost a decade. It hasn't led to the collapse of the world yet. They tend to dissolve somewhere around Mexico City. Many have turned back or accepted Mexico's offer of asylum. I hope they all find a safe place to go. Because the US is not safe for them right now.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The US needs to take the stance of other countries like Australia that say you need to be a net benefit to this country before we will let you set foot here. And you will be turned back at the border until you go through the proper process waiting in your home country until you are allowed to enter.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, Your post above spot on. The problem is the world we live in today is all about the 1%. Would it surprise you if the middle class disappear in the next 40 years? Often times “The pull yourself up by your boot straps” comments are made by people who have no idea what a person who is poor goes thru. It’s easy to make flippant comments when you have always lived a life of privilege.
I do,been there, done that!. People should be self-sufficient. An able working body shouldn't depend on social programs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, the rich get richer, the stack of cards is against the poor, and the middle class. I see nothing changing.
The liberals are getting richer. ;))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we need to post the definition of asylum for you @Redwood. I find it amazing some of the comments made by people who claim to be so patriotic. Helping people is one of our countries greatest attributes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we need to post the definition of asylum for you @Redwood. I find it amazing some of the comments made by people who claim to be so patriotic. Helping people is one of our countries greatest attributes.
CC
so you would welcome anyone who would kick down your front door with open arms?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being poor is not a covered reason for asylum and never has been. Australia would not accept loads of poor people into their country. We do not accept economic refugees and neither do other countries. Don't lecture me on definitions. Our country gives hundreds of millions to help these people in their own countries. The fact that these countries are corrupt and the money does not get to the people that need it is the fault of that country, not the US.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum
Asylum
Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:
  • Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular social group
  • Political opinion

Last edited:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I think @redwood66 has a point that many of them have stated that they are economic migrants. They are coming here for jobs, work and a better life. And while I'm sympathetic to their struggles, that's not what is considered grounds for asylum. Asylum has a pretty narrow definition. The chances of anyone in this caravan getting an asylum application approved is near 0.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, Do you realize the majority of people who are in the country illegally are people who have flown in to the US and never left?

If Republicans really wanted to end people working in the country illegally, there would be heavy fines for the businesses that hire people who are not here legally.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which is why e-verify should be mandatory by all businesses. But neither party wants that because their donors like cheap labor.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obama stupidly thought a person's doctor would be grandfathered in, not so. So people had to choose a new physician because companies changed their plans to save money. People lost their health insurance because it did not meet the minimum guidelines for care. So basically people had been paying for inadequate care. What is the problem with this?

I know possibly you think it isn't your problem if people can't or won't pay for minimum care.. me I know one way or the other I will pay, if person who has inadequate health care and develops cancer some taxpayer will have to help pay for the sick person. I know people can choose to die if they want, but initially mos people don't and are shocked when they find out they have paid for minimal health care. I know, people should read, but they don't.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I agree, we are not accepting immigrants for economic reasons. Some of these people do fear for their lives though.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obama stupidly thought a person's doctor would be grandfathered in, not so. So people had to choose a new physician because companies changed their plans to save money. People lost their health insurance because it did not meet the minimum guidelines for care. So basically people had been paying for inadequate care. What is the problem with this?

I know possibly you think it isn't your problem if people can't or won't pay for minimum care.. me I know one way or the other I will pay, if person who has inadequate health care and develops cancer some taxpayer will have to help pay for the sick person. I know people can choose to die if they want, but initially mos people don't and are shocked when they find out they have paid for minimal health care. I know, people should read, but they don't.

And let’s not forget the role of the jackhole who largely crafted the policy ... I forget his name, but I remember what he said about “relying on the stupidity of the American voter” to get it passed. What an absolute scumbag! :roll: For people who were forced to buy coverage that they did not need nor want, at a price that was significantly more than they were paying, I think that is a pretty big problem. I don’t want to be forced to buy something I don’t need nor want, and I damn sure don’t want to be legislated into having to buy it for significantly more money. If I can be trusted to make the decisions for my body that are right for me, why can I not also be trusted to make decisions about the type of coverage I need? For me, this was government overreach plain & simple, and that is a very slippery slope.

It’s no secret that I’m all for personal accountability & responsibility ... and that includes knowing what you’re buying and signing, be it health care, a home, a car, etc. I’m not of the belief that every other person should be responsible for my choices, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care who wrote 'relying on the stupidity......' to me that is just a nothing burger. Let's not forget Newt today and his "We'll see whether or not the Kavanaugh fight was worth it" little gem today.. partisan meh ad blah blah. As Red says, both sides say BS. You do realize that 100,000 people have lost healthcare since Trump became president? Many others left when they found work and healthcare thru their employer during Obama and Trump administrations, a HEALTHY workforce is a reliable and dependable workforce.

Debating the merits of the ACA is moot because it is pretty much DOA since Trumpland..

And let’s not forget the role of the jackhole who largely crafted the policy ... I forget his name, but I remember what he said about “relying on the stupidity of the American voter” to get it passed. What an absolute scumbag! :roll For people who were forced to buy coverage that they did not need nor want, at a price that was significantly more than they were paying, I think that is a pretty big problem. I don’t want to be forced to buy something I don’t need nor want, and I damn sure don’t want to be legislated into having to buy it for significantly more money. If I can be trusted to make the decisions for my body that are right for me, why can I not also be trusted to make decisions about the type of coverage I need? For me, this was government overreach plain & simple, and that is a very slippery slope.

I am for personal responsibility but sometimes it just doesn't work and for those we need to help.

It’s no secret that I’m all for personal accountability & responsibility ... and that includes knowing what you’re buying and signing, be it health care, a home, a car, etc. I’m not of the belief that every other person should be responsible for my choices, and vice versa.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care who wrote 'relying on the stupidity......' to me that is just a nothing burger. Let's not forget Newt today and his "We'll see whether or not the Kavanaugh fight was worth it" little gem today.. partisan meh ad blah blah. As Red says, both sides say BS. You do realize that 100,000 people have lost healthcare since Trump became president? Many others left when they found work and healthcare thru their employer during Obama and Trump administrations, a HEALTHY workforce is a reliable and dependable workforce.

Debating the merits of the ACA is moot because it is pretty much DOA since Trumpland..

I didn’t intend my comments from a partisan perspective to pit one side vs. the other; rather, the arrogance of that jerk to make that specific comment. It spoke to the deceitful intent behind knowingly forcing people to buy a crap sandwich and expecting them to enjoy eating it.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It really confuses me to hear people preach personal accountability and then complain that they have to carry health insurance.

Do you argue with the DMV that you are required to carry insurance on your cars? Do you argue with your bank that they require you to carry insurance on your home or full coverage insurance on any vehicle that is still under a loan?

Part of personal responsibility is taking ownership of your healthcare expenses and not deferring that cost and crossing your fingers that nothing catastrophic will require health care that you (or almost anyone) could afford to pay for out of pocket. I agree that this shouldn't need to be a law, but how else will you enforce this requirement of accountability for health care expenses. When those that refuse to carry insurance can't pay their health care bills it creates a huge burden on the system and the masses must eat those costs. So in fact, when people do not carry adequate insurance they are looking for others to absorb their financial responsibilities

The healthcare system is greatly flawed and any fix should have also addressed escalating costs and outrageous prescription drug coverage, but big pharm has politicians in their pocket. We have excellent health insurance and still pay $450 out of pocket for my sons medications - every month.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not complaining about having health (or car, homeowners, valuable personal property and other) insurances. I object to the government mandating people carry coverage for things they will never use/need, and furthermore forcing people to pay for it for others. I object to government overreach. It’s not a complicated concept to grasp.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fleeing for one's life /fleeing genocide should be worked into the definition of one of the headings under "Asylum" if it is not already there (which it may be). Many people whom you assume are coming here for economic reasons are actually fleeing for their lives because they are part of the social group called "the common people" in murderous dictatorships like Syria or Honduras.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/26/honduras-us-congress-human-rights-trump

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results