Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 2.32.34 PM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump tweeeted last night:

The fake news is doing everything in their power to blame republicans, cncervatives and me for the division and hatred that has been going on for so long In our country. Actually it is their fake and sihinest reporting which is causing problems far greater than they understand!

Maggie Haberman tweeted the following two tweets this morning.

It is being reported accurately.

This isn’t a lack of understanding of impact of these words. This is a strategy. Describing it as “he doesn’t get it” is a form of grading on the curve.

How many more people are going to have to lose their lives before this President begins to act like an adult or before the republicans put a stop to him acting like an awful human being? Trump could careless about the American people. This is a game to him and winning at all costs is all that matters. We lost eleven wonderful people this weekend.

It being reported CNN received another suspicious package this morning.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I keep going back to this.

The people marching to the US, they were offered asylum in Mexico. They say they're seeking asylum but yet many REJECT Mexico's offer. This says to me its not about asylum.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My problem with the migrants coming through :

They're trying to force entry. Forced intrusion from foreign entities can and likely will be construed as an act of war.

There will be bloodshed at the border if they try this.

People fleeing terror are not "foreign entities". It is ludicrous to call little children "foreign entities". If there is bloodshed at the border it will be the US military or police murdering innocent civilians seeking asylum. And by the way, they do not have to seek asylum in Mexico, which is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I keep going back to this.

The people marching to the US, they were offered asylum in Mexico. They say they're seeking asylum but yet many REJECT Mexico's offer. This says to me its not about asylum.

Then you don't understand asylum. Asylum means "safe".

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People fleeing terror are not "foreign entities". It is ludicrous to call little children "foreign entities". If there is bloodshed at the border it will be the US military or police murdering innocent civilians seeking asylum. And by the way, they do not have to seek asylum in Mexico, which is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

AGBF
They are not fleeing terror. They are fleeing poverty induced by a corrupt government that does not control or try to eliminate drug cartels but allows them to flourish. The people of these countries need to decide enough is enough and fix it so they can stay and be safe. The US and other countries give hundreds of millions to them for assistance. The preponderance of people in these caravans are young men 20+, not women and children.

Edit - this is an interesting website to see how much the US gives to others in aid.
https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd/SLV

The US gives over 200 million just to El Salvador and Honduras.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

I do in totality understand what asylum is, and its how its defined by the United States of America.
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum

People need to get out of their feelings on this and pay attention to the law, and the law is very clear on this.
"
Refugee status or asylum may be granted to people who have been persecuted or fear they will be persecuted on account of race, religion, nationality, and/or membership in a particular social group or political opinion.

"
Being poor is not in that definition. While I feel for them they just don't meet the definition. They are not being persecuted in their home country for their beliefs, or their social standing.
"

If they were so hot to get asylum, they would have accepted Mexico's offer, which was very generous! If they just "wanted to work" , Mexico offered them that opportunity and many did not take it.

If they try to come across that border with sticks, bottles, whatever "weapon", like they did in Mexico and barge their way across it can and will be seen as a threat to the Republic of the United States of America. If you fight to come across our borders, there will be bloodshed.

Even I as a citizen know I better come correct when I'm at the border.

There's a right way and a wrong way to come across. The way they're doing it IS NOT IT. Pressing on will not help you nor will fighting your way across the border, but it sure just might make you a statistic.

As much as I do not like Trump, I back him on this particular measure. Call me a nationalist, I'll wear that with a lot of pride because I love my country even with all the faults it has.

Deb, let me ask you something. If these people were to seek shelter in Australia or even China for instance, do you know how they would be treated? Do you think they would be allowed in? I would suspect probably not because they likely don't fit the definition for asylum seekers for those countries.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/futu...ence-drives-immigration-from-central-america/

The US has contributed to the problems in that region and should be held accountable for its part causing the refugee crisis. This is a humanitarian issue. I can't say "well they don't really qualify for asylum so let's send them back to die" yet I also understand the complexities of our immigration situation. At the least, we should prioritize the women and children coming from the Northern Triangle.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/futu...ence-drives-immigration-from-central-america/

The US has contributed to the problems in that region and should be held accountable for its part causing the refugee crisis. This is a humanitarian issue. I can't say "well they don't really qualify for asylum so let's send them back to die" yet I also understand the complexities of our immigration situation. At the least, we should prioritize the women and children coming from the Northern Triangle.

I know you said you were putting me on ignore but I will try anyway. The US is accountable for the drugs it uses and we pay for it dearly in both bodies and dollars. We cannot be emotionally manipulated into importing the people as well. These countries have got to do something for themselves to protect their people at home. If there are no drugs to buy then we would benefit too.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My problem with the migrants coming through :

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-migran...rce-entry-042048490.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

They're trying to force entry. Forced intrusion from foreign entities can and likely will be construed as an act of war.

There will be bloodshed at the border if they try this.

Agreed!

Excerpt:
Earlier Monday, about 600 migrants had gathered on the bridge, where Mexican federal police had blocked one end. The migrants had gasoline bombs made of soft-drink bottles, and improvised PVC tubes to launch fireworks or other projectiles.

On Sunday, the migrants broke through border barriers on the Guatemalan side of the bridge, only to confront Mexican police, who blocked them from entering Mexico.

Guatemala's Interior Ministry said the second group had wounded Guatemalan police and used children as human shields, and Guatemalan firefighters confirmed that a 26-year-old Honduran had been killed from a blow to the head.

No, we do not need people resorting to these sorts of tactics coming into the country. We already have terrorist people in our country sending bombs through the mail; we don’t need another country’s terrorists as well willing to resort to violence to get their way. I’m glad our government is taking measures to prevent their entry.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Refugee status or asylum may be granted to people who have been persecuted
Being poor is not in that definition.

There's a right way and a wrong way to come across.

They didn't come across. The US is supposed to let them apply for asylum at our border. It will not.

You must not have read this when I posted it above in this thread. The problem that these refugees have is NOT just that they are poor. They are scared for their lives. Because their government -like the government in Syria that caused a wave of refugees-is indifferent to the lives of all the common people.

I'll repost the link I posted above.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/26/honduras-us-congress-human-rights-trump

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They didn't come across. The US is supposed to let them apply for asylum at our border. It will not.

You must not have read this when I posted it above in this thread. The problem that these refugees have is NOT just that they are poor. They are scared for their lives. Because their government -like the government in Syria that caused a wave of refugees-is indifferent to the lives of all the common people.

I'll repost the link I posted above.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/26/honduras-us-congress-human-rights-trump

AGBF
The US cannot handle this many at the border and our laws say they are allowed to stay here while waiting for an answer. An answer that is years in coming and for a hearing to which most do not show up. Would any other country allow this? NO. Why didn't they accept employment or asylum in Mexico? We cannot take all the world's poor.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The US cannot handle this many at the border and our laws say they are allowed to stay here while waiting for an answer. An answer that is years in coming and for a hearing to which most do not show up. Would any other country allow this? NO. Why didn't they accept employment or asylum in Mexico? We cannot take all the world's poor.

Exactly! And to be crying about how bad your country is while waving that country’s flag on your pilgrimage to the U.S.? :hand:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
An estimated 1700 members of the group have accepted Mexico's offer of asylum. It's not true that they are all economic migrants. But many are. It's hard to argue otherwise when they keep directly saying so on camera.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s amusing to me how the ‘love trumps hate’ clan constantly spews hate toward those they disagree with, while simultaneously wondering how Trump is their President. :whistle:

Attachments

• 1866B0E3-BDCE-4EA1-AF8A-4189A678043C.jpeg
    1866B0E3-BDCE-4EA1-AF8A-4189A678043C.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF
Then why would they wanna come to the US? :rolleyes: According to liberals our country is so dangerous now look at all these gun violences.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then why would they wanna come to the US? :rolleyes: According to liberals our country is so dangerous now look at all these gun violences.

Not to mention the supposed terrible President we have who is flushing our country down the crapper ... :roll:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s amusing to me how the ‘love trumps hate’ clan constantly spews hate toward those they disagree with, while simultaneously wondering how Trump is their President. :whistle:

I HOPE you are quoting me. I don't believe love Trumps hate at all, but I DEFINITELY do disagree with every single one of the charicatures I posted. If you DO agree when one of them, I am all ears as to why. :lol::lol::lol:

And yes, I do wonder how Trump is our president. The people who voted for him really only came out for the county fair and then they went back home. For some reason, a rich billionaire resonated with them. I have no idea why- he will never ever help them get ahead in life. But he is white and wants to beat the shit out of people, knock minorities on their asses, and stop the mexicans from "stealing" jobs they never had, so I GET how they were duped into this. I guess as an educated east coast citizen, I didn't realize how many uneducated, bigoted, vote against your own interests people really occupy the United States. Now I know. And it's not Trump that has just shook my world, it's the sheer amount of uneducated, encapsulated and stagnant of a population we have. Stuck in the 1950's. I couldn't even dream that there were that many people still living that mindset. That way of life, so threatened by progress and just the velocity of time. Grasping onto coal, and steel and factory jobs that will never again be viable. Trump knows it! And he just played them- all of their insecurities- get rid of the mexicans, no more uppity blacks, women must be seen and not heard, you name it.

And I get that many of you think this is hysterical. That's fine, you and your ilk are on their way out. The South ain't gonna rise again.....:lol:

But to CONSTANTLY attack the press as fake news ANY time something factual comes out is f***ing treasonous. He talks and his dumbass base believes ANYTHING he says. IMAGINE if that had been OBAMA. You all would be the wall. You KNOW the press is telling the truth about Trump. But you are SO hell bent on winning that you will deceive, lie, gaslight, and do ANYTHING in your power to defend a man you all RAILED against winning the election.

Now you realize you need to pick a side. And you doubled down into the trailer park. Enjoy it. We all see through it. You will be in the history books one day as a laughing stock sort of "last uprising." Jesus, I will have to admit I knew people who voted for Trump. How embarrassing :cry:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.30.15 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using a tragedy for political purposes is disgusting. But as someone close to a president once said, "Never let a crisis go to waste."

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using a tragedy for political purposes is disgusting. But as someone once said, "Never let a crisis go to waste."

OMG are you kidding me??? Can I parade your "murder by illegal alien" tragedy for political purposes posts here in numerical order???

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure. Whatever floats your boat. I take issue with things that are against the law, not who donates to what politician.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure. Whatever floats your boat. I take issue with things that are against the law, not who donates to what politician.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That is hysterical. NRA NRA NRA NRA

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved that Shep Smith from Fox News said The migrants are two months away if they make it here at all. Tomorrow is one week before the midterm election, which is what all of this is about. There is no invasion. No one is coming to get you. There is nothing at all to worry about.

Trump is going to Pittsburg tomorrow. Talk about using a tragedy for political purposes. Trump is going after he was asked to stay away. He can’t even let these families bury their loved ones in peace. Police officers should be protecting those attending the funeral, not dealing with the circus Trump will create.

Trump is disgusting.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steve Schmidt was John McCain's campaign manager when he ran for president on the Republican Party ticket. He has since left the Republican Party.

Steve Schmidt on Trump Criticism of Caravan: ‘Same Language You Would Have Seen in 1938 Germany’
‘He is stoking a cold civil war in this country’

SCHMIDT: “Well, however we got here, we're here. And where we are is at an unprecedented place in American history. We have never had a president of the United States do what this president is doing. He is stoking a cold civil war in this country, and it has turned hot on the periphery. This man bowers, what he said was when he went in, he said, I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw the optics, I'm going in. And he went in to kill Jews. The Jews he believed that were financing the caravan, the invading army like a panther (sic) division that is threatening the southern border. An army that is racked and riddled with disease. The same type of rhetoric, the same type of propaganda that you would have seen in Germany in 1938, the Dee humanization (sic), turning people into infested vermin. What trump is doing is stoking and inciting, for the purposes of political power, the worst amongst us to take action in his name. We have a situation where, but by the grace of god, the largest assassination attempt against them, two former presidents of the United States. Every one of those people was a target of Donald Trump's, and this man, a fanatic, was radicalized by Fox News, by talk radio, by a right wing propaganda machine that is as sophisticated as it has turned deadly.”

10/29/2018: Steve Schmidt on Trump Criticism of Caravan: ‘Same Language You Would Have Seen in 1938 Germany’

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=203175

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results