shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason that they bought the people who make the laws was so that they would not not need to break them. Owning the legislators is nice.

AGBF
:read:
Supporting the Constitution is nice.

Edit - The NRA is no different than any other lobby paying for politicians. You just don't like what they lobby. I don't agree with everything they do and I generally hate lobbyists but the fact that this one has been around so long and people want to get rid of them so bad tells me they're needed.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to mention the supposed terrible President we have who is flushing our country down the crapper ... :roll:
And all of sudden Deb forgot that Trump is a white supremacist :read: who despises brown colored skin people.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is going to Pittsburg tomorrow. Talk about using a tragedy for political purposes. Trump is going after he was asked to stay away. He can’t even let these families bury their loved ones in peace. Police officers should be protecting those attending the funeral, not dealing with the circus Trump will create.
If Trump goes to Pittsburgh the left will
blah.gif
and if he doesn't go the left will say he have no heart.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it's not Trump that has just shook my world, it's the sheer amount of uneducated, encapsulated and stagnant of a population we have. Stuck in the 1950's. I couldn't even dream that there were that many people still living that mindset. :cry:
You mean like being self-sufficient? :think: Maybe I should tell my daughters to quit their job and live off of taxpayer money. I'm sure the rich liberals in this country wouldn't mind supporting my daughters and my grandkids.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, Trump just said he is going to end birthright citizenship for the US by executive order. Anyone here still thinks that Trump and his cronies are constitutionalists?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Supporting the Constitution is nice.

Edit - The NRA is no different than any other lobby paying for politicians. You just don't like what they lobby. I don't agree with everything they do and I generally hate lobbyists but the fact that this one has been around so long and people want to get rid of them so bad tells me they're needed.
People want to get rid of them because their policies support the slaughtering of innocent children.

They are not needed.

It is entirely possible to organize another entity to protect gun rights. One that has logical policies that wants to preserve the rights of our citizens while protecting our children. No one is allowed to start that conversation because the NRA is too powerful. That tells me they must be abolished.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then why would they wanna come to the US? :rolleyes: According to liberals our country is so dangerous now look at all these gun violences.

DF, many people are actually fleeing the US and crossing the border to come here because they are so afraid of staying in the US under the current political climate. It’s been so many that we are having difficulty housing everybody until we figure out what to do, as technically they are not eligible for entry as refugees given that they are already coming from an asylum country. We have had some make foot crossings in winter they were so afraid, and lost their hands and feet to frostbite.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL would love to know how the "Constitutionalists" voting for Trump in 2020 are going to spin this one.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL would love to know how the "Constitutionalists" voting for Trump in 2020 are going to spin this one.

There is disagreement in the interpretation of the 14th Amendment, they'll say. Don't you know it's only the 2nd Amendment that has only one iron-clad interpretation? (theirs)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is going to Pittsburg tomorrow. Talk about using a tragedy for political purposes. Trump is going after he was asked to stay away. He can’t even let these families bury their loved ones in peace. Police officers should be protecting those attending the funeral, not dealing with the circus Trump will create.

Trump is disgusting.
And yet, no outcry about that! Their King can do no wrong.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was asked to stay away by a liberal group unaffiliated and welcomed by a rabbi of the synagogue that experienced this atrocity. If facts are important then let's get them straight.

https://www.newsweek.com/rabbi-syna...-trump-certainly-welcome-after-jewish-1191747
Actually the MAYOR requested it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ump-heads-pittsburgh-after-synagogue-massacre
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-not-meet-with-trump-at-visit-after-synagogue

Pedoto had urged the president not to visit Pittsburgh until after the funerals for those who died in the Saturday shooting had concluded, saying that “all attention [Tuesday] should be on the victims.”
eta - Also, does it matter WHO asked him not to go? You said you hate when politicians politicize tragedy. UM HELL-F*UCKING-O. No hypocrisy here or what?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what conspiracy there would be. Some people hate Trump and others don't. Many people in Roseburg, OR didn't want Obama to show up after the shooting at the college and they protested him when he did. It is all partisanship.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, visiting a community and paying respects to the families and lives lost is not ‘politicizing’ a tragedy.

Politicians offering thoughts about the tragedy in the same sentence as citing a lack of ‘gun control’ is politicizing a tragedy.

People laying blame at Chump’s feet for a shooting before the first victim is even tended to by a first responder is politicizing a tragedy.

Last edited:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
IMO, visiting a community and paying respects to the families and lives lost is not ‘politicizing’ a tragedy.

Politicians offering thoughts about the tragedy in the same sentence as citing a lack of ‘gun control’ is politicizing a tragedy.

People laying blame at Chump’s feet for a shooting before the first victim Is even tended to by a first responder is politicizing a tragedy.

No, it really isn't. It's offering a solution to prevent further tragedies. That said, while I think Trump is a loathsome waste of tissue, going to places where there has been a tragedy is what good presidents do. If he can bring comfort or bring community together, I'm all for it. It would at least be a nice first.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate your clarification on why you think this is different.

For the bolded - do you still think its not politicizing when the families have asked him not to come? When the mayor has asked that he wait until they are buried?
https://globalnews.ca/news/4610905/families-politicians-shun-trumps-pittsburgh-visit/

Stephen Halle, a nephew of victim Daniel Stien, declined a meeting with Trump due to his “inappropriate” reaction to the shooting — specifically Trump’s call to have armed guards at the synagogue.

Shooting survivor Barry Werber wasn’t keen on a visit from a president who has embraced the politically fraught term “nationalist.” ... “He’s calling himself a nationalist. The last political group that I heard had called themselves nationalists were the Nazis,” Werber, 76, told the Associated Press.

Him visiting hospitals of hurt people who don't want to see him comes off like a big photo op.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it really isn't. It's offering a solution to prevent further tragedies.

Time and place. It’s not the time nor the place to “prevent further tragedies” with anti-gun messages when bodies are still bleeding out on the floor. And I apologize for the frankness, but I feel very strongly about this. That helps NO ONE any more than Chump calling for the armed guards in synagogues in the hours after. Both sides are guilty of it, and both sides make me want to vomit when they do it.

@telephone89 As for Chump going to PGH, as the President, it’s his choice/freedom to go. Those who do not wish to meet with him or have a photo with him are under no obligation to do so. But some families may want to, some may want to receive comfort from the President (yea, I know ...) and First Lady, and some may want to use those few minutes with him to deliver a personal message of their own, positive or negative, that - who knows - may resonate with him and be the catalyst to some change within himself about his tone at times.

Personally, I think it might be better for just Melania and/or Ivanka & Jared to go as representatives of the President. I could be totally wrong, but I think the gesture would be more ‘well-received’, given they (Ivanka & Jared) are of the Jewish faith and seem to demonstrate more tact.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many, many people from the community asked President Trump not to come this week but to wait until the victims were buried. One reason that the Mayor of Pittsburgh gave was that he could not spare the police because he needed to provide security for the mourners at the funerals. The reason for President Trump's acquiescing to that request should be self-explanatory: regard for the wishes of the mourners and for their safety as explained to him clearly by their mayor. This is not a gray area. This is black and white.

AGBF

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what conspiracy there would be. Some people hate Trump and others don't. Many people in Roseburg, OR didn't want Obama to show up after the shooting at the college and they protested him when he did. It is all partisanship.

Now why didn't these lovely citizens want Obama to show up in Roseburg? Because they were grieving the deaths of those murdered and they felt that Obama's rhetoric had a hand in it? No f*king way! They were protesting Obama's call for tougher gun laws. They didn't give a damn about grieving families, they were protecting their efficient killing machines.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I think it might be better for just Melania and/or Ivanka & Jared to go as representatives of the President. I could be totally wrong, but I think the gesture would be more ‘well-received’, given they (Ivanka & Jared) are of the Jewish faith and seem to demonstrate more tact.
That actually would have been a terrific idea.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Time and place. It’s not the time nor the place to “prevent further tragedies” with anti-gun messages when bodies are still bleeding out on the floor. And I apologize for the frankness, but I feel very strongly about this. That helps NO ONE any more than Chump calling for the armed guards in synagogues in the hours after. Both sides are guilty of it, and both sides make me want to vomit when they do it.

@telephone89 As for Chump going to PGH, as the President, it’s his choice/freedom to go. Those who do not wish to meet with him or have a photo with him are under no obligation to do so. But some families may want to, some may want to receive comfort from the President (yea, I know ...) and First Lady, and some may want to use those few minutes with him to deliver a personal message of their own, positive or negative, that - who knows - may resonate with him and be the catalyst to some change within himself about his tone at times.

Yes, yes it is. And I feel equally strongly, I can assure you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now why didn't these lovely citizens want Obama to show up in Roseburg? Because they were grieving the deaths of those murdered and they felt that Obama's rhetoric had a hand in it? No f*king way! They were protesting Obama's call for tougher gun laws. They didn't give a damn about grieving families, they were protecting their efficient killing machines.
They were protesting politicization of deaths and standing on coffins to call for tougher gun control, which is what he did before he even got there. What he did not expect was the reaction he got from residents to doing it. Not all of Oregon is like Portland.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I doubt it. Many in the community have strong negative feelings towards Jared and Ivanka because they are of the faith and yet have done very little to be of help in regard to some of what Trump has done to contribute to the current climate of antisemitism.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The issue, is that Trump dog whistles and stirs up "nationalist" "nativist" as well as conspiracy folk who on the whole are anti immigration, anti-minority, and frankly feel women have too much power. Those groups are on the whole are anti-semitic as well. Not all, just most of them. And Trump as well as his sons share twitters posts from these people (like the infamous star of David - Hillary tweet). So while Trump hasn't been explicitly anti semitic, for many of his followers it appears to be a package deal. When journalists are critical of Trump, Trump supporters send anti semitic threats as well as death threats. Repeated times when Trump is asked to denounce this behavior, he abstains. "I don’t have a message to the fans"

https://www.weeklystandard.com/charles-j-sykes/synagogue-murders-donald-trumps-anti-semitism-problem

Last edited:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They were protesting politicization of deaths and standing on coffins to call for tougher gun control, which is what he did before he even got there. What he did not expect was the reaction he got from residents to doing it. Not all of Oregon is like Portland.

Yes, exactly. They were gun nuts protesting a president who called for tougher gun control even as people were grieving the lives of loved ones lost to machines designed to kill humans efficiently. So shameful.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Time and place. It’s not the time nor the place to “prevent further tragedies” with anti-gun messages when bodies are still bleeding out on the floor.

This is America. In any given month there are bodies bleeding out on the floor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results