shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could someone maybe tell Mike Pence to stop worrying so much about what the LGBT community and women are doing?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood, If you think a balanced budget is a good idea, how on earth do you support Trump? The economy is great and yet look at what Trump has added to the deficit. I’m pretty sure you have paid your taxes, while you support a President who has lied and scammed his way out of paying his.

Do you see the hypocrisy as you remark about people staying out of others lives when you support a party who feels they can control women’s bodies and fail to see the separation of church and state? Church has no place in our government. You want deregulation without acknowledging that many regulations are put in place to make companies do the right in keeping our air and water clean. Companies can’t be trusted to do the right thing. It’s all about profits for them.

I find it comical that you hold citizens to a higher bar than you hold the president. Trump said his administration would provide better, less expensive healthcare for all. McConnell said just last week that they were going to make cuts to Social Security and Medicare. Republican politicians consider these entitlements, while many Americans don’t.

Republicans are now the party of Trump. The thing Trump has been most successful at is dividing the country. I want nothing more than to get back to civility in politics. My fear is Trump has brought the country to a new low and it may never go back to what was once considered normal decency and respect. Someone needs to tell Trump to Be Best.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is no longer calling Ted Cruz “Lyin Ted”. Cruz is now “Beautiful Ted” Yuck!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Republicans are now the party of Trump. The thing Trump has been most successful at is dividing the country. I want nothing more than to get back to civility in politics. My fear is Trump has brought the country to a new low and it may never go back to what was once considered normal decency and respect. Someone needs to tell Trump to Be Best.
Civility ? The Dems?:lol: :wall:. Who is harassing who in public? :rolleyes:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't lived here all my life, @redwood66. I've spent 20 years (half my lifetime) in other, larger cities and have traveled plenty. I'm closer to my family now, and my particular city is a fantastic place to raise a child, so I will be staying here in this liberal oasis in my home (red) state. I have been involved in local and state politics since 2008, and my best friend works in D.C. every other week for the DOD. I have plenty of Republican and Libertarian friends. I like to think my city is quite progressive and although people argue and some would like it their way or the highway, we work things out as best we can. Extreme behavior on all sides has happened here, although no incidents of people actually harassing elected officials or those campaigning. When I talk about the religious right I'm referring to evangelicals who are extremists. I happen to be from a nearby town that voted 80% R in 2016 and there is zero religious or cultural diversity there. Everyone who wanted out, got out, from my high school grad class of 357. It's not like I'm living amidst those people anymore. However, I understand them and the way they think, and the level of self-education to which they aspire. Hint: it is very low. Factories have left the town, and what is left are churches, meth labs, abstinence-only teaching, and a crisis pregnancy center. The Planned Parenthood is long gone. This is not a unicorn area in the state, this is the overwhelming majority of rural Indiana. I don't want to make decisions for others who don't share my views. I want people to have access to education instead of being taught nothing but blind faith, that's all. I believe critical thinking is a skill that should be taught and nurtured in all environments throughout one's life. Guess what environments don't allow for that? Extreme religions. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, I should've been more specific in my "stereotyping" post. Shame on me for generalizing.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what happens @Dancing Fire when your President has no ethics, decency, morals, or integrity. Why would you expect better behavior from an average citizen then you do from your President?

My guess is you too will be angry when the republicans gut Social Security and Medicare. Hopefully you won’t interrupt anyone’s dinner over it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People are in control of their own actions. To blame it on someone else is asinine.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is you too will be angry when the republicans gut Social Security and Medicare. Hopefully you won’t interrupt anyone’s dinner over it.
I won't

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Civility ? The Dems?:lol: :wall:. Who is harassing who in public? :rolleyes:

I think there is blame on both sides. You had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. :lol:

(Poor, poor Mitch McConnell. My heart goes out to him. He must have been losing his mind being unable to silence the "Vote Him Out" woman like he did Senator Warren. Ms "Vote Him Out" Woman certainly persisted didn't she! What has become of this country? When a dude like Mitch can't just be the a**hole he is without getting called out on it? Why can't this guy continue to f*k up the entire country with his unfair b.s. and eat in peace at the same time?)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6016.GIF

100 pages of f***ery!!! Congratulations everyone!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump called himself a “nationalist” at his rally in Texas tonight.

WOW

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump called himself a “nationalist” at his rally in Texas tonight.
He also called Cruz "beautiful." :roll2: I want O'Rourke to trounce Cruz so bad I can taste it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6016.GIF

100 pages of f***ery!!! Congratulations everyone!
100 pages of Trump bashing don't you love it!?? :lol:. Sadly for the Dems. they can't trash talk about the economy.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I cry no tears over any politician being confronted in public. I feel that our politicians have become entrenched with power and privilege. They don't respond to constituents phone calls or letters, and they avoid coming home lest the unwashed masses try to hold them accountable. They're supposed to work for the people and they make good money doing it, so sorry your dinner might get interrupted by one of your employers but that's an occupational hazard so get over it.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
100 pages of Trump bashing don't you love it!?? :lol:. Sadly for the Dems. they can't trash talk about the economy.

This should make you feel better - a post that does no Trump bashing and sticks to that creep McConnell instead. What has he done for Kentucky?

https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-ed/article202615604.html

Excerpt:
"according to U.S. News and World Report, we rank No. 49 for quality of health care, No. 38 in higher education, No. 45 in economic opportunity and No. 46 in fiscal stability.

Which begs the question: How does our senior senator — the man who has represented Kentucky for more than three decades — explain numbers like these?

I met Sen. Mitch McConnell Feb. 21, 2017 at a small, ticketed town hall, a paper-plate buffet at the Lawrenceburg VFW. We said hello when I handed him the spoon for the potato salad, while outside a large group of angry, frustrated protesters chanted for change, held back by police and chain link."

Poor Mitch can't eat his potato salad without hearing the dimmed voices of his angry constituents.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Obama administration did a wonderful job of improving the economy. You act as though Trump walked into the mess the Bush administration left behind. Time for you to research the facts @Dancing Fire. Many Americans are working multiple jobs to pay the rent and have huge student loan debt. Things aren’t as rosy and you pretend they are for many Americans. Stocks are tumbling again today.

I’m with you @vintageloves . There are many jobs where people have to deal with work issues after hours. I don’t feel bad for McConnell. If you don’t want to hear people’s opinions about the job you are doing, don’t become a Senator. Do I think it is okay to scream at people and interrupt their dinner? No, but I may feel differently if I had a child with cancer and was afraid my insurance was not going to cover pre-exsisting conditions.
Why should politicians get premium healthcare when they don’t feel the rest of the country should receive the same?

@Redwood , You fail to realize that Trump’s words have taken the civility in this country down to the gutter. Of course each person is responsible for their own actions but if you fail to see that much of this is the result of Trump’s rhetoric, I have no words. Trump purposely divides the country and does nothing to bring us together as a nation. What other President has wanted division and chaos for our country? What other President has spoken about people the way Trump has?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Time for you to research the facts @Dancing Fire.

Here are the facts:
DF only posts the crap he does because he is entertained by riling up liberals. He has no intention of backing up any of his words with pesky little facts. I respond to him because it entertains me. (DF & I should probably seek therapy for our weird entertainment fetishes, but it is what it is.)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the facts:
DF only posts the crap he does because he is entertained by riling up liberals. He has no intention of backing up any of his words with pesky little facts. I respond to him because it entertains me. (DF & I should probably seek therapy for our weird entertainment fetishes, but it is what it is.)

LOL!!! Of course he does!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if I want to help my neighbors but I can't due to age but I can and wish to help them with money? as in my tax dollars going for food, bills etc?if need be I don't mind if my taxes and yours are raised a bit to help. If people DID worry more about their neighbors and want to help each other then I would be right there with you, but I don't find republicans as wanting to help, they would like me to help my neighbor but what about the neighbor on the other side, the cheapskate who wants low taxes so they can buy a boat? or whatever. This is why we put the government in charge of helping others on a federal lever (and also at a state level) Because NOT all neighbors want to help and the ones that do give more and it becomes out of whack. We all should give some to help each other. Right or Left.

Bloated union pensions? why are they bloated? who decides if they are bloated? you? me? Trump? I dunno, union busting is a goal of the right and they have done a great job of killing unions and now we have the 'right to get fired anytime for anything' law they tout as 'freedom' everyone knows if you walk out of a job and the next job finds out about it then your chances of getting a job at the new place are nil.. we are all taught to 'give notice' the hypocrisy of right to work makes me ill.

The christian right has an agenda do you not agree? I think they do..
1) make everyone a christian
2) ban abortion
3) ban other faiths
4) teach religion in schools (christian)
5) prayer in school
6) tithing
off hand all I can think of but I'm sure there is more.

As an atheist/sometime agnostic I find this agenda more than I can stomach, but I do recognize that I must live together with my fellow brethren and I must give at times because that is fair. Redwood, some of us just cannot get up and move just because our neighbors are religious zealots (my word). But we work to change what we can in our own towns.

Why is the left screaming at McConnell and his wife in restaurants? People have a right to say what they feel and as an elected official he and his group must hear what the people say, I doubt he'd welcome them into his office and listen intently and be considerate.. at Trump rally's the lock her up mantra is terrible, trumpsters accost reporters, flip them the bird, this is what trump has brought to us, rude, inexcusable behavior, if you don't like it and it bothers you that people accost McConnell and Flake but not a reporter then you must not read about it because it's wrong on both sides, but as I said, this is where Trump has brought us.

You cannot decide what is best for me, but you better take into consideration what my thoughts are and I cannot decide for you but I had better take into consideration your thoughts because we need to come to the table and work together before Trump ruins what is left of our great republic and our standing in the world. We used to be able to do this. People had more compassion.

Yep you can do it all you want, but, you are making assumptions and maybe where you live there is a preponderance of Christians who do not vote as you do. But that is not the case for Rs across the board or conservatives for that matter. Do you have unions for the Big 3 where you live? If so then they would not likely be in favor of this measure. Though in my experience public sector unions, and specifically bloated pensions, are part of the reason for out of control state and municipal unfunded liability. A balanced budget is a good idea and our Congress should do it as both sides spend like drunken sailors on their respective pet agendas. But I don't know what any of that has to do with being Christian or "following their shepherd." As far as being driven by Jesus First, Family Second, Prosperity Gospel mentality, I don't see anything wrong with that. It is a free country after all, at least for now. It seems you hate where you live as you complain about it quite a bit yet you have lived there all your life. Why don't you move to somewhere more conducive to your ideology if you are so unhappy? People do it all the time and that is the beauty of a constitutional republic of states as anyone can find a place to their liking. Life is too short to be miserable but no one said it was going to be a picnic either. If you choose to stay then it's your choice just like the others living around you. But if you are grumbling just to grumble then it really must not be all that terrible. There is no Utopia.

If I thought all of the left leaning people in the country were screaming at people in restaurants, getting arrested in the SC, and whatever other SJW nutjob harassment of the day, then I would be more worried for our country. Fact is that group is not the majority or even a large minority, but it seems like it because of media coverage. Most people are going to work, taking care of their business, and voting when it's time. If the harassment continues or gets worse, people in the middle will get tired of it and pull the lever for the ones not acting like lunatics.
People are getting tired of it.
http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/20/senator-mitch-mcconnell-confronted-restaurant-protesters/

You (collective) don't get to decide what's in someone else's best interest and neither do I. You can piss and moan about it all you want but in the end you have no say. Does that make you angry that you cannot dictate what someone else does? You only have their best interests at heart correct? I'm fine with you living as you like as long as you do the same in return. People should spend less time worrying about what their neighbors are doing and more time helping those who are in need. JMHO.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if I want to help my neighbors but I can't due to age but I can and wish to help them with money? as in my tax dollars going for food, bills etc?if need be I don't mind if my taxes and yours are raised a bit to help. If people DID worry more about their neighbors and want to help each other then I would be right there with you, but I don't find republicans as wanting to help, they would like me to help my neighbor but what about the neighbor on the other side, the cheapskate who wants low taxes so they can buy a boat? or whatever. This is why we put the government in charge of helping others on a federal lever (and also at a state level) Because NOT all neighbors want to help and the ones that do give more and it becomes out of whack. We all should give some to help each other. Right or Left.

Bloated union pensions? why are they bloated? who decides if they are bloated? you? me? Trump? I dunno, union busting is a goal of the right and they have done a great job of killing unions and now we have the 'right to get fired anytime for anything' law they tout as 'freedom' everyone knows if you walk out of a job and the next job finds out about it then your chances of getting a job at the new place are nil.. we are all taught to 'give notice' the hypocrisy of right to work makes me ill.

The christian right has an agenda do you not agree? I think they do..
1) make everyone a christian
2) ban abortion
3) ban other faiths
4) teach religion in schools (christian)
5) prayer in school
6) tithing
off hand all I can think of but I'm sure there is more.

As an atheist/sometime agnostic I find this agenda more than I can stomach, but I do recognize that I must live together with my fellow brethren and I must give at times because that is fair. Redwood, some of us just cannot get up and move just because our neighbors are religious zealots (my word). But we work to change what we can in our own towns.

Why is the left screaming at McConnell and his wife in restaurants? People have a right to say what they feel and as an elected official he and his group must hear what the people say, I doubt he'd welcome them into his office and listen intently and be considerate.. at Trump rally's the lock her up mantra is terrible, trumpsters accost reporters, flip them the bird, this is what trump has brought to us, rude, inexcusable behavior, if you don't like it and it bothers you that people accost McConnell and Flake but not a reporter then you must not read about it because it's wrong on both sides, but as I said, this is where Trump has brought us.

You cannot decide what is best for me, but you better take into consideration what my thoughts are and I cannot decide for you but I had better take into consideration your thoughts because we need to come to the table and work together before Trump ruins what is left of our great republic and our standing in the world. We used to be able to do this. People had more compassion.
Of course helping neighbors is good and everyone should do it. But everything you talk about IMO is not the business or purpose of the Federal government beyond what we're already stuck with. There is plenty that states can do but everything should not be dumped onto the Feds. This is where the confusion comes in about what Rs are talking about and what Ds want.

As to harassment of politicians, you can approach them in public but not screaming, taking their food off the table, etc. If you want to have a conversation about policy I am all for that but what is going on both sides now is ridiculous and has no other intent than to harass for viral clip purposes. Those people don't want to have rational discourse. If they scream with no discourse they deserve no respect. Would you want to respond positively to someone screaming in your face? What kind of positive outcome can come from that kind of exchange?

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would agree with you if I thought for one moment that neighbors would help neighbors, I would bet that 50% of Americans don't know their neighbors. I can't see a woman from Scarsdale going into Bronx to help I just can't. I have never known anyone to just help a neighbor.. I have known religious folks who have done missions to SA, to Africa, to central America when they all could easily have stayed here in America.. if the government does this then all of us help, even the snarky neighbors who don't want to help and for some reason beyond my comprehension think that everyone can just pull themselves up and get ahead. I'm okay with states doing it, but when we get hurricane's states that are less rich may not recover as well, or as quickly, having lived thru a hurricane and having FEMA visit my neighborhood weekly I can never ever thank the federal government for the support that was given to NC during and after the hurricane. I don't remember the state of NC doing anything.. I do remember electric companies from all over the US coming to help get the electricity back up, but those guys/gals all get paid a lot of money from either the feds or state to do this.

Well too bad for you that you don't like the screaming, I don't think the reporters like the screaming and nasty words and handsigns that they get from trumpsters, you can't say that people who yell at McConnell are just harassing without saying that the ilk that threaten and flip the bird to reporters are any different. Trump encourages this, these women and people who scream at McConnell WANT to be heard, I will ask you again, do you think McConnell would invite these people into his offices and speak and try to understand their feelings? I gotta bridge for you in Brooklyn if you do. How did you come up with the notion that people are doing these things for viral news clips? I think people are frustrated and egged on by Trump and this is where we end up. People will scream at politicians because our President does it, our president treats the most mean spirited, sexist statements and yet his followers flock to him (ex: horseface, pocohontos, lying crooked Hillary, low IQ Maxine) these names are horrendous and for me they go against the grain of American culture and what we stand for. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS. :) we can't have Trump being nasty, rude, insensitive, sexist and not expect people to think they can too.

Of course helping neighbors is good and everyone should do it. But everything you talk about IMO is not the business or purpose of the Federal government beyond what we're already stuck with. There is plenty that states can do but everything should not be dumped onto the Feds. This is where the confusion comes in about what Rs are talking about and what Ds want.

As to harassment of politicians, you can approach them in public but not screaming, taking their food off the table, etc. If you want to have a conversation about policy I am all for that but what is going on both sides now is ridiculous and has no other intent than to harass for viral clip purposes. Those people don't want to have rational discourse. If they scream with no discourse they deserve no respect. Would you want to respond positively to someone screaming in your face? What kind of positive outcome can come from that kind of exchange?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone wants to understand Republican values and attitudes toward helping others, look at Ted Cruz. He voted against $50.5 billion of Sandy relief, spouting lies about it being 2/3 pork. (Rebuttal here & here.) Then Harvey hit and he tried to rally support for the relief bill, which was opposed by members of his own party.

Republicans don't have much empathy until disaster hits home.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had heard on the radio a few days ago that John Kelly and John Bolton had a heated argument in the West Wing and almost came to blows. They were both swearing and using the "f" word and then John Kelly left the The White House with words to the effect that he was "out of there".

Then I heard today that John Kelly had had a physical altercation right outside the Oval Office in the West Wing with Corey Lewandowski in the past. (Corey Lewandowski, of course, is famous for shoving a female reporter at one of Trump's campaign rallies before he became president. I guess female reporters are easier to push around than marine corps generals because word is that General Kelly shoved him into a wall.) At any rate, the Secret Service had to pull them apart.

Aren't you glad to be in the hands of these even tempered "adults" who are watching over the baby president?

http://www.newser.com/story/266288/report-secret-service-had-to-break-up-west-wing-fight.html

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results