shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone watched the show "Flaked?" I have to say, I really enjoyed it! It's a show about recovering alcoholics and AA in Venice Beach, California. I have a lot of friends in recovery, so I'm around 12 step programs and members often. The characters in this show are both endearing and heartbreaking at the same time. There are two seasons and I highly recommend them! I hope there are more.

I am watching Grace and Frankie season 3, and I'm still a fan! Love Jane Fonda/Lily Tomlin combo.

I finally started House of Cards!!! I'm probably the only personal in the world who hasn't seen it. Boy do I love to hate those people on that show. It's a great fit for something that my husband and I can watch together - we don't have a lot of shows that we both like. He loves crime/murder/cop shows, and I really don't because I have bad dreams most nights and i don't like to give myself new material for them :lol:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@violet3 Always happy to help :loopy:

Finished 13 Reasons. It was ok. I dunno I don't get the hype about it.
Started OITNB. Not loving it either. But I got kind of tired of it last season too, so I'm mostly just watching it to watch it now!

With the weather being nicer I notice my tv viewing goes down significantly. Need something SUPER good to keep me entertained!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot about one more I watched - the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - I tried this show once before and thought it was silly. Recently I tried again, and it's a funny show if you embrace it for what it is. The comic humor in the writing is good - Tina Fey is one of the producers and she's a cast member in it also.

It basically follows the release of a woman who was held captive in a bunker by a crazy reverend, who told her and several other women the world had ended. They get released after 15 years, and the show is about her adventures in learning how the world is today. it's a funny show, and the cast is really good. My husband was really surprised I liked it, and I agreed with him!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Violet, I binged the latest Unbreakable a couple weeks ago! I was so excited to see a new season. Jane Krakowski is hilarious, and I love Titus. They did such a great job with his relationship with Mikey. I will also watch anything at all with Jon Hamm's bulge, wait I mean Jon Hamm, in it.

P

PierreBear

Started watching the new series called Girl Boss. Only 1 episode in but I am enjoying it already. Gives millennials a bad name and perhaps the plot is predictable, however, the writing is good. I find the main character to be witty and unpredictable, which is a breath of fresh air to me.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure most everyone has watched or commented on this show earlier in this thread, but I tried watching Orange is the New Black when it originally came out, and I stopped after a season (or maybe 3/4 through the first season). I tried it again recently, and I liked it much better this time - isn't that weird how that happens sometimes? I'm on season 3 now - I like the flashbacks to the prisoners former lives, and how their life circumstances got them to their current situation. There are so many complex characters involved and I think the writing is good. For me, the main character becomes progressively more annoying as time goes on - by season 3, she has very little redeeming qualities. I hope the make her more likable as time goes on.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm finding it a bit too much like real life and the current administration to enjoy it completely. The difference between Francis Underwood and the current administration though, is a bit like comparing a James Bond type (Underwood) to one more like Inspector Clouseau...

I agree completely. Hate all the obvious parallels.

I didn't enjoy the last season too much either.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I started watching Gypsy, which is a show about a therapist and her clients - Netflix original starring Naomi Watts. Wow. I think this might be the most bizarre, messed up premise of a show I've ever seen. The premise is that the psychiatrist has her own mental illness, and decides to start interacting with the family members and friends that her patients discuss with her in their therapy sessions. It is compelling in some ways, but also fairly uncomfortable to watch at the same time.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been watching Weeds (originally showtime, but now on Netflix) and I found it entertaining for the first couple of seasons, but I'm now in the 5th season and it just gets consistently less believable and the characters become less and less likable as time goes on. I'll finish it, because I hate to leave things unfinished, but I think I'll choose something more uplifting next time.

Good news is new fall shows are out on Primetime, so I'll be relying less on Netflix for my sole entertainment - lately I've just been binging shows instead of watching one at a time each week. It's fun, but such a time suck - I can lose hours of time pretty easily :(2

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez. I got to the end of season 5 of Weeds, and thought it was over for good, when season 6 started :(2! This might be the first show I don't finish.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here with 2 new shows to add!

Time: The Kalief Browder Story
This was about a 16 year old kid who was in Rikers for 3 years awaiting trial - not even convicted. I think its like 6 or 7 parts. So so good.

The Confession Tapes
About a few people who gave false/wrong/coerced confessions and what happened to them. 7 Parts. Super interesting.

Also watched Beauty and the Beast on netflix and super enjoyed it! One of my favourite movies growing up. It's not the same without Angela Landsbury but still nice.

In other news, we are caught up on Suits and House of Cards. Both kind of meh in the last seasons.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started watching "The Good Place" and omg I'm in love! I binged almost the entire season yesterday. So good. It has Kristen Bell who has died and gone to 'the good place'. Hilarious and really well written.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started watching "The Good Place" and omg I'm in love! I binged almost the entire season yesterday. So good. It has Kristen Bell who has died and gone to 'the good place'. Hilarious and really well written.

Will look it up. I'd love to see something that is entertaining and (potentially) uplifting.

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute fast series (some subtitles) is Dramaworld where a girl that loves Korean dramas gets sucked into DRAMA world

Brickleberry - holy obscene cartoon lmfao!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Must look up season 4 of Schtz Creek...

cheers--Sharon

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium

This is the show I most eagerly await each week, now that season 2 has started!! I recommend it to so many people :saint::doh:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really enjoyed No Tomorrow but unfortunately it's been canceled!!!

More adult cartoons - F is for Family lololol. 80s family lolololol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the show I most eagerly await each week, now that season 2 has started!! I recommend it to so many people :saint::doh:

Me too. I love The Good Place. It's hysterical and if you like laughing you will enjoy this show.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved The Good Place. I like to binge watch, so I'll wait for the tv season to be over and then find it online somewhere. :devil:

Just finished Trapped, an Icelandic murder mystery tv show. It was great. Such bleak surroundings, reminded me of the place where I grew up.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I'm liking the Good Place. Eagerly awaiting season 2 of Fleabag (a UK dark comedy). I'm actually having more fun than I should be watching Offspring, an Australian comedy/drama series about a young OBGYN and her highly dysfunctional family.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WHAT!!
Is it on TV? Or netflix? Canadian netflix just has 1 season :(

@telephone89 Correct, Netflix got Season 1 in advance of Season 2's premiere. Season 2 just started airing at the end of September... I am watching the new episodes a day after they air, on Hulu. Normally I would wait for the second season to finish and release to Netflix before binging, but after the ending of Season 1, I couldn't wait :mrgreen2:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm liking the Good Place. Eagerly awaiting season 2 of Fleabag (a UK dark comedy). I'm actually having more fun than I should be watching Offspring, an Australian comedy/drama series about a young OBGYN and her highly dysfunctional family.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have Offspring on my netflix and just watched the first episode. Totally up my alley. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love all of these. Fleabag was hysterical and so good and I am also eagerly awaiting season 2 and Offspring (though I have only watched the first episode so far) is looking very promising as well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watched two episode of The Good Place and all I can say is :lol-2::lol-2::lol:

cheers--Sharon

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Started watching Broadchurch too, and I'm really enjoying it. It reminds me of "the killing". Gets depressing at times, so I don't binge it. Which isnt a bad thing, sometimes its nice when a season last more than a weekend :lol:

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm watching MIND HUNTER on Netflix. There will be a Season 2 in 2018. Riveting!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG. Okay, so I started Offspring and I just finished season 4. What season are you on? It has been a mostly fun rollercoaster. Mostly. I am just beginning season 5 reluctantly...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Flash. Or is it just Flash? My kids love it and they got me addicted too. So no brainer.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't watch the disappointments room. It was disappointing!

I concur. It was one of those scary movies with no scare. For a good movie in this theme watch The Changeling with George C. Scott. An oldie but a goodie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results