shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved Veronica Mars. I own the set, lol. I very much enjoyed Godless. I actually grew up liking westerns, so it was a good fit for me. I recently watched all of Bates Motel. I was pleasantly surprised. The acting was phenomenal. Glad I didn't pass it up based on the subject. It was totally different that what I thought it was about.
My DH keeps telling me to watch Godless but I have not gotten around to it. We love good westerns and definitely liked the series Deadwood even with all the c**ks-kers and f-bombs. I am having a hard time picturing Mary from Downton Abbey in a western but she was a pretty mean chick. We are hooked on The Ranch and I can't help myself. It is a pretty silly show but I love to look at Sam Elliott. :lol:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Veronica Mars is on Netflix watch it! Kristen Bell was phenomenal in that show! Fans were so diehard they contributed to a kickstarter to get a movie made years after the series was canceled.

I looked it up, and it is...

Would a man like it?

Considering asking DH if he'd like to watch with me. (he did not see the Good Place - not sure that he'd be into it. But maybe I should try 8))

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked it up, and it is...

Would a man like it?

Considering asking DH if he'd like to watch with me. (he did not see the Good Place - not sure that he'd be into it. But maybe I should try 8))
My husband loved the show, but not the movie. He actually watched the show before me haha. Its basically a detective show, just happens to have a (n awesome kick ass) woman as the main character.

eta - i also watched the first few eps of the good place and then re-watched it because H wanted to. He also loved this show!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband loved the show, but not the movie. He actually watched the show before me haha. Its basically a detective show, just happens to have a (n awesome kick ass) woman as the main character.

eta - i also watched the first few eps of the good place and then re-watched it because H wanted to. He also loved this show!
Ahhh the movie. I was glad I watched it on TV and didn't pay to sit in a theater lololol.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh the movie. I was glad I watched it on TV and didn't pay to sit in a theater lololol.
Haha yes. I actually watched it on TV this past weekend! I enjoy it, but definitely not in a "I should pay for this" kind of way :lol:
I tried watching season 2 of Glitch and can you believe it? I forgot too much from season 1 so now before I watch the second season I have to start all over again with season 1. Not sure I am going to go to the effort. Please let me know if it is worth it telephone, thanks!
Finished - I would recommend it! I dont know if I'd re-watch the whole first season, but just read a synopsis somewhere. It has some new characters and some interesting twists. I believe they are making a S3 as well

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you telephone! Putting it back on my list.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cool, thanks T! :wavey:

DH watched 2 episodes of The Good Place and he chuckled a few times so that's a good sign. ::) He fell asleep so that's all he watched because he was tired, but it seemed he liked it enough to watch more episodes.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've finished watching the Indian Detective starring Russell Peters and it's awesome and funny!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished both seasons of Glitch. I tried to stretch it out, but couldn't. I hate it when I find a good one, then there's nothing else to replace it! Loved it, want more! I think "John" said more with just his eyes than anyone else did with words.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get enough of these Australian shows on Netflix. I'm watching Cleverman and it's awesome! Cherie from Offspring plays Aunty Linda lol. Phil from the Glitch is in this show. A couple other familiar faces - Frances O'Connor and Iain Glen.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get enough of these Australian shows on Netflix. I'm watching Cleverman and it's awesome! Cherie from Offspring plays Aunty Linda lol. Phil from the Glitch is in this show. A couple other familiar faces - Frances O'Connor and Iain Glen.

I'm angry we don't have this on Canadian Netflix!! I love Australian and New Zealand shows and movies. There aren't enough of them on Netflix for me. I am without a series to watch right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm angry we don't have this on Canadian Netflix!! I love Australian and New Zealand shows and movies. There aren't enough of them on Netflix for me. I am without a series to watch right now.

Lyra can you watch these online perhaps? I don't know how to do that but I know people who got rid of all their cable/tv etc and watch shows on their computer. Is there a way perhaps that you can catch these shows online?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're in the mood for a light comedy try the Indian detective starring Russell peters

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Technically, I can.:cool2: It comes with some risks and a lot of pop up spam/**** etc. But I do watch things this way if I must. I watched all of The Expanse (great show!!) this way. It's a tv show, but short of buying it on dvd, it was the only way to backtrack.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 yes to godless. Especially if you enjoyed deadwood. Godless has much less profanity and "gore" and a good plot, action, and drama. It's only seven episodes. So more like a miniseries. We watched all seven episodes in two sittings. :oops:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I still have not gotten to Godless because I know I will want to sit and watch all of them in one or two sittings.

I did just watch The Man Who Knew Infinity and it was excellent. I love movies like this that make me do research to learn more about the people.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787524/
This absorbing biopic recounts the life of self-taught Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan, who made his way to Trinity College at Cambridge in 1913 and rose to prominence under the tutelage of renowned math professor G.H. Hardy.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished season 3 of Lovesick. Love the show, it's hilarious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I still have not gotten to Godless because I know I will want to sit and watch all of them in one or two sittings.

I did just watch The Man Who Knew Infinity and it was excellent. I love movies like this that make me do research to learn more about the people.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787524/
This absorbing biopic recounts the life of self-taught Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan, who made his way to Trinity College at Cambridge in 1913 and rose to prominence under the tutelage of renowned math professor G.H. Hardy.

Hey there. We just watched Godless and I agree with ringo865. It was good but I unlike her I found it a bit gory so just wanted to let you know as I know we all have different tolerances for violence and gore and well it was up there at times for me. But a very good miniseries and worthwhile to watch imo.

Thanks for your recommendation. Putting it on the list.

Lyra, thanks for your rec. I am going to watch This. We started but my dh didn’t care for it and that’s ok as I can watch without him and because you liked it I’m going to give it another try. Thanks.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New season of Black Mirror came out on Friday. We finished it in 2 days haha. Only 6 eps though, so it wasnt difficult. I love this show. It can be a bit dark, which is probably why we didnt finish it in one go.

Also watching "Mindhunters" now and LOVING IT. About the first people who started to study/classify serial killers. Definitely a drama, but not *super* dark. I wish it was more than 1 season as we are already half way through.

P

PierreBear

New season of Black Mirror came out on Friday. We finished it in 2 days haha. Only 6 eps though, so it wasnt difficult. I love this show. It can be a bit dark, which is probably why we didnt finish it in one go.

Also watching "Mindhunters" now and LOVING IT. About the first people who started to study/classify serial killers. Definitely a drama, but not *super* dark. I wish it was more than 1 season as we are already half way through.

Yes!!!! Love Black Mirror and agree that it is rather dark but such interesting topics.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to cue it up and realized I didn't remember what happened previously so I'm rewatching from season 1 now.

I'm also enjoying the Australian show - Rake about a rakish attorney lololol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!!! Love Black Mirror and agree that it is rather dark but such interesting topics.

I love Black Mirror because it is dark. We just watched the first 2 episodes of the current season and it is delicious so far. Better than I remember in previous seasons. OMG. And that Matt Damon look alike lol. I thought it was his brother. He was in Friday Night lights. Another very good show I highly recommend. I don't know if it is on Netflix but it is worth watching if you can find it.

P

PierreBear

I love Black Mirror because it is dark. We just watched the first 2 episodes of the current season and it is delicious so far. Better than I remember in previous seasons. OMG. And that Matt Damon look alike lol. I thought it was his brother. He was in Friday Night lights. Another very good show I highly recommend. I don't know if it is on Netflix but it is worth watching if you can find it.

Oh yes! I know exactly who you are talking about. Friday Night Lights is a great show and "supposedly" that Landry character owns a house on our street though we've never seen him living there. Maybe he rented it out or just lets friends live there. Ahhh can't wait to watch the rest of Black Mirror though! Only 3 episodes left for us.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Veronica Mars is no longer on Netflix :(( (<<<<argghh why does the sad face always insert the word "sad" before the icon?)

Anybody watching the second season of El Chapo? Several scenes of steamy male kissing. Just caught my eye especially because they don't show as much intimacy / kissing with the women/men at all.

Anybody watch Detour? Not on Netflix. Is it funny? The commercials always catch my eye.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I binged it this weekend :) Was so excited to see another season!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just watched "End of the F***ing World" in 2 evenings and enjoyed it.

And started "La Mante" (a french serial murder mystery series) and are loving it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Veronica Mars is no longer on Netflix :(( (<<<<argghh why does the sad face always insert the word "sad" before the icon?)

Anybody watching the second season of El Chapo? Several scenes of steamy male kissing. Just caught my eye especially because they don't show as much intimacy / kissing with the women/men at all.

Anybody watch Detour? Not on Netflix. Is it funny? The commercials always catch my eye.

Aww I never got to watch Veronica Mars. Sad they removed it.
Never heard of your other recs. Adding it now. Thanks.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Adding it to our list. Thank you.

Missy, it's a good pick if you enjoy watching post-college kids try to find their way in life/love and don't mind lots of feelings and relationship dysfunction. I liked it but my one girlfriend gets too frustrated!! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results