shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Sharon (canuk-gal), I know you like them big...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 9:39:45 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 8/30/2008 4:54:36 PM
Author: Catmom
LS, that''s exactly what I said when I saw the size..............HOLEEEEE MOLEEEEE!!! I love it, Ellen. It kinda reminds me of a Van Craenest[sp] setting. If there was even a chance of it getting sold I would keep that gorgeous puppy.
Actually, I said something else, not HOLEEEEE MOLEEEEE but I didn''t want any of you to think I was anything less than a ''lady''....tee hee hee
31.gif

It''s really ginormous...is there any way to attach it to a chain for use as a pendant, without losing the lovely filigree work below? (ie: without comromising the integrity of the ring?)

LS
I was going to ask the exact same thing.

Ellen - that ring is GINORMOUS. In a good way, of course.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Actually, I said something else, not HOLEEEEE MOLEEEEE but I didn''t want any of you to think I was anything less than a ''lady''....tee hee hee
31.gif

It''s really ginormous...is there any way to attach it to a chain for use as a pendant, without losing the lovely filigree work below? (ie: without comromising the integrity of the ring?)

LS
LS, sorry, forgot to address this. Actually, Lorelei suggested the same thing. But in looking at it, it seems as if it would have to be cut right through the flower detail on the side. I just don''t know that it would look right, yanno? And to be honest, the more I think about it, I just don''t think I want to mess with the ring. It''s so pretty, just so huge.....

gecko, thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got a few pics of the other pieces. First up is the bracelet and earrings. (screw on) They don''t seem like expensive pieces.

EN8105.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is the pin.

OP8109.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
To get an idea of the size.

OP8110.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one.

OP8111.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 11:48:40 AM
Author: Ellen
Got a few pics of the other pieces. First up is the bracelet and earrings. (screw on) They don''t seem like expensive pieces.
I love the colour of these just like sweet violets!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Ellen:

What a pleasure to wake up to such beautiful jewels. Notwthstanding they''re are breath taking, the sentimental value alone is worth sharing. You cannot imagine how beautiful I think they are! And their size--perfect in every particular.

Altho I am biased, I do think you could easily wear them. The ring would not be out of place on your hand--perhaps just be out of your (mental) comfort zone. Yanno, the MOST compliments I get are on my 22ctw aqua, and same sized coral and now prehnite ring. Not my diamond......

For reference sake, my sister''s MIL bought her several 15 ctw gemstone rings when she was in Japan and my sister wore them all the time. They are ultra chic--and my sister''s finger is a size.......4

I am continually surprised that folks don''t mind wearing many stacking rings that take up as much finger real estate, but would not wear a larger colored stone offering the same mm coverage. I guess it is the height off the hand as well, but.....but....but......

At any rate, I thank you for the shout-out and you sharing your precious heirloom pieces. And BTW, contrary to popular assertion, they are not SO enormous.......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well there you are Sharon! I thought you were ignoring me.
39.gif
2.gif

Yes, it is mental with me, I realize that. I''m just not a "big" gal, yanno? I cain''t hep it.
9.gif
I wish I could, but it''s just not in me. Believe me, I tried with the Aqua. If I couldn''t do it then, I surely can''t do it now.
lol.gif

But I thank you for the compliments, I thought you''d like the ring in particular.
2.gif

Thankis Lore! And yes, sweet violets indeed.

And, I forgot to post the jade bracelet, which I''m pretty sure mom does want to leave her. It''s got such beautiful detail, and is very much "her".

B82170.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at that bootiful detail! *swoon*

JBB81301.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 12:30:36 PM
I think all this temptation is going to be too much for a certain sticky fingered rabbit once * he * sees this thread.....*cough* isn''t that right Coaties???
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What sweet pieces! What treasures!!!! And yanno I could never ignore you
1.gif

I was just "sayin" how much these things would look great with my new outfits.........
9.gif
Right Lorelei?????

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 12:38:56 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

1.gif

I was just ''sayin'' how much these things would look great with my new outfits.........
9.gif
Right Lorelei?????

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

And you would look just mahvelous in them too my dear.
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Speaking of large rings I have been dreaming of that golden Jadeite on ACS website--the LARGE ring. Gosh it would be right up my alley...and I would have gotten it already if it weren''t for that, ahem, well, ring from WF I just bought......
41.gif

Sorry for the hijack.....
11.gif

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo Ellen, all of those pieces are simply gorgeous!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 12:52:42 PM
HI:

Speaking of large rings I have been dreaming of that golden Jadeite on ACS website--the LARGE ring. Gosh it would be right up my alley...and I would have gotten it already if it weren''t for that, ahem, well, ring from WF I just bought......
41.gif

11.gif

cheers--Sharon
6.gif
WHAT? Now listen, you can''t just come waltzing in threads, drop a bomb like that and then leave. Spill, or at least give us a hint. I''m serious. Don''t make me smack you.
11.gif

Thanks Michelle!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very cool pieces Ellen! Love the HUMONGO ring! That filigree bracelet is AWESOME! The pin is really cool too. I love old metal work like that.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 12:48:36 PM

Date: 8/31/2008 12:38:56 PM
HI:

1.gif

I was just ''sayin'' how much these things would look great with my new outfits.........
9.gif
Right Lorelei?????

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

And you would look just mahvelous in them too my dear.
2.gif
Right Sharon!!!

Ahem.....a new ring????
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 12:32:50 PM
Author: Lorelei

I think all this temptation is going to be too much for a certain sticky fingered rabbit once * he * sees this thread.....*cough* isn''t that right Coaties???
31.gif

We likes ''em big too.
11.gif
27.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 1:19:18 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 8/31/2008 12:32:50 PM
Author: Lorelei

31.gif

We likes ''em big too.
11.gif
27.gif
I thought you might.....
9.gif
emangel.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 1:10:42 PM

Date: 8/31/2008 12:52:42 PM
HI:

41.gif

11.gif

cheers--Sharon
6.gif
WHAT? Now listen, you can''t just come waltzing in threads, drop a bomb like that and then leave. Spill, or at least give us a hint. I''m serious. Don''t make me smack you.
11.gif

Thanks Michelle!
HI:

Well I never would have mentioned anything, except, well, this thread DID have my name in the title......LOL
3.gif

more later as I have to go shopping now for unmentionables to wear under my new blouse......TMI???
20.gif

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,

Those are boooooooooooooootiful pieces. I love them!!! They are gorgeous.

Linda

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t stop laughing at this thread!

OMG the detail on that bracelet is AMAZING.

Want.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome family ring!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 10:07:33 AM

31.gif

LS
LS, sorry, forgot to address this. Actually, Lorelei suggested the same thing. But in looking at it, it seems as if it would have to be cut right through the flower detail on the side. I just don''t know that it would look right, yanno? And to be honest, the more I think about it, I just don''t think I want to mess with the ring. It''s so pretty, just so huge.....

I think you''re right. Too bad about that idea...

LS

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 11:48:40 AM
Where do I start...okay first you know that the indentifacation is harder when i cant handle or loupe the pieces...but from the photos...the earrings look late 1940s through mid 1950s...the mid 1950s are my opinion as this leaf on branch design was very popular in earrings and pins.The bracelet has a strong retro design and even though some may say late 1940s...i think 1950s again as purple and yellow gold where popular during both periods.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 11:49:46 AM
And this is the pin.
your pin is from the late victorian period...done in the east lake or architecural school of design(1870s-1900)It is very tipical of the type of pins worn in the 1880s-1890s...the purple would indicate a later piece.Many pieces of furnature and building were done in the East lake school in the 1880s-1890s.Be careful wearing this pin as i bet its hollow wear and cant be repaired if damaged.Are there any hallmarks on your pieces at all?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 12:27:07 PM
39.gif
2.gif

Yes, it is mental with me, I realize that. I''m just not a ''big'' gal, yanno? I cain''t hep it.
9.gif
I wish I could, but it''s just not in me. Believe me, I tried with the Aqua. If I couldn''t do it then, I surely can''t do it now.
lol.gif

But I thank you for the compliments, I thought you''d like the ring in particular.
2.gif

And, I forgot to post the jade bracelet, which I''m pretty sure mom does want to leave her. It''s got such beautiful detail, and is very much ''her''.
So much to say about your bracelet.Its a wire work filigree bracelet from the 1950s -early 60s.It is hand made and very popular with tourists going to parts of the world in places like Tyland,Berma,ect.The stones are most likely not jades...if they are they are very light and a lower grade...there are a number of pale green semi presious stones used in this part of the world for wire work jewelry...native artists were low cost labor and sterling or low grade silver wire was affordable...gems were harder to come by....this ''oriental''style filagree jewelry was the rage in the 1950s-early 1960s for summer wear.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 1:12:46 AM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 8/31/2008 12:27:07 PM
39.gif
2.gif

Yes, it is mental with me, I realize that. I''m just not a ''big'' gal, yanno? I cain''t hep it.
9.gif
lol.gif

2.gif

And, I forgot to post the jade bracelet, which I''m pretty sure mom does want to leave her. It''s got such beautiful detail, and is very much ''her''.
So much to say about your bracelet.Its a wire work filigree bracelet from the 1950s -early 60s.It is hand made and very popular with tourists going to parts of the world in places like Tyland,Berma,ect.The stones are most likely not jades...if they are they are very light and a lower grade...there are a number of pale green semi presious stones used in this part of the world for wire work jewelry...native artists were low cost labor and sterling or low grade silver wire was affordable...gems were harder to come by....this ''oriental''style filagree jewelry was the rage in the 1950s-early 1960s for summer wear.
after looking at the bracelet again it is possible that the stones could be a lighter quality common jades.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results