shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey guys and gals, what''s your signature fragrance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ysatis by Givenchy....

aeli

Rough_Rock
Funny this topic should come up. I went shopping with a friend the other day, hoping to find a new "signature fragrance." I ended up loving something by Gucci...Eau de Parfum II, I think. I spritzed some on before a date and started sneezing like crazy, but thought nothing of it (figured I accidentally breathed some in). Well, a week later, my neck and chest are still covered in a horrible rash. Guess this means I''ll be back on the hunt for another new scent...

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2005 5
6.gif
6:23 PM
Author: Bagpuss
Tempore Uomo by Laura Biagiotti is my fav at the moment. I know it's supposed to be for men, but I love it. But sometimes I go back to Eternity by Calvin Klein or Hot Couture by Givenchy.

Paradise from Next is quite nice during the day, but sadly it doesn't have much staying power.

I love HOT Couture by Givenchy, definitely a winter scent - Very spicy and warm.
My signature would probably be Allure by Chanel. Most people don't like either of these two fragrances, too warm or too sweet for some. For some reason they just work with my body chemistry and just end up smelling like "me" but better. It's amazing how perfumes smell different on everyone.

Time is also SUCH an important factor, scent needs time to develop. It's funny, I was given Allure as a gift, and I don't like it straight out of the bottle, or even after the first twenty minutes, but it develops into something lovely. I would never have tried it - or become addicted if I wasn't given it as a gift.

Oh*** - Bikergirl - Chanel #5 is the first 100% synthetic frangrance!
(Although it's notes are clearly based on flowers, as you've discovered.)
It Became popular during WWII when service men were in france, and wanted something to bring back their sweeties. It was a time when most perfume companies significantly decreased production because of wartime efforts, and because agriculture was at a low in Europe. Because Chanel #5 was synthetic production could continue, and it was far less expensive than it's competition. - MarLo's trivia tid bit for the day.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Channel Allure

Thanks MarLo for that info on #5 - I enjoyed that!!!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2005 12:55:17 PM
Author: MarLoRey

Date: 5/5/2005 5
6.gif
6:23 PM
Author: Bagpuss
Tempore Uomo by Laura Biagiotti is my fav at the moment. I know it''s supposed to be for men, but I love it. But sometimes I go back to Eternity by Calvin Klein or Hot Couture by Givenchy.

Paradise from Next is quite nice during the day, but sadly it doesn''t have much staying power.

I love HOT Couture by Givenchy, definitely a winter scent - Very spicy and warm.
My signature would probably be Allure by Chanel. Most people don''t like either of these two fragrances, too warm or too sweet for some. For some reason they just work with my body chemistry and just end up smelling like ''me'' but better. It''s amazing how perfumes smell different on everyone.

Time is also SUCH an important factor, scent needs time to develop. It''s funny, I was given Allure as a gift, and I don''t like it straight out of the bottle, or even after the first twenty minutes, but it develops into something lovely. I would never have tried it - or become addicted if I wasn''t given it as a gift.

Oh*** - Bikergirl - Chanel #5 is the first 100% synthetic frangrance!
(Although it''s notes are clearly based on flowers, as you''ve discovered.)
It Became popular during WWII when service men were in france, and wanted something to bring back their sweeties. It was a time when most perfume companies significantly decreased production because of wartime efforts, and because agriculture was at a low in Europe. Because Chanel #5 was synthetic production could continue, and it was far less expensive than it''s competition. - MarLo''s trivia tid bit for the day.

Well, I didn''t know all that about #5! Are most perfumes synthetic these days?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been wearing cK Be for about 10 years and Ralph Lauren Romance for about 6 and love them both because they are light and feminine (even though cK Be is unisex, I cant imagine a guy wearing it).

My favorite mens cologne ever is Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne. It is SO sexy. On my very 1st date with my fiance, when I opened the car door I could smell that scent and asked "is that curve for men you are wearing?" and he said, "yes, its the only scent I wear." I knew then it was meant to be.
1.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Aaahhh!! How did I miss a perfume topic?!! I''m more obsessed by perfume than I am by large rocks. LOL! (I also used to spend a lot of time at the fragrance boards and review sections @ MUA - MakeupAlley.com and Perfume of Life)

My #1 sig/holy grail scent is Chanel No.19
30.gif
but only the extrait(pure parfum). It makes my heart sing! The other formulations have a very different feeling.

My back-up constants are Jicky, Iris Poudre(Frederic Malle), Rive Gauche and the much-maligned Tabu.

I have a mountain of perfume at any given time, but I''ve tried to cut down(moving to Paris only made it worse).

I''m embarassed to say how many there are but my current favorites are:

Cabochard
Tabac Blond
Bois Des Iles(wedding day perfume)
Arpege
Fracas
Youth Dew
Vol de Nuit (a very nostalgic, moody, old-fashioned scent.. I adore it though I don''t actually wear it much)

I have dry skin so I mostly use only extraits. The exceptions are the Jicky which I prefer in the PDT(the extrait doesn''t have the same zing as the parfum de toilette IMO) I also prefer the EDT for Bois Des Iles...The extrait for BdI makes my eyes water, it''s so strong at the top. It''s gorgeous but takes so long to calm down.

For men(and sometimes to borrow) I love:

Eau d'' Hadrien
Vetiver (Guerlain''s)
Eau de Rochas
Eau Sauvage (the older version)

I also collect books about perfume. Strangely, I don''t care much about the bottles(I know there''s a entirely hobby-cult for the bottles alone) ..I''m just passionate for the experience of smelling & wearing scents, their histories, development, composition etc.
34.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My signature frangrance today is called "PPPPPPP UUUUUUUUU" by Moremoremore. This heat is killing me. I''m a giant stink bomb
14.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 4:30:18 PM
Author: moremoremore
My signature frangrance today is called ''PPPPPPP UUUUUUUUU'' by Moremoremore. This heat is killing me. I''m a giant stink bomb
14.gif

Lol! Naah... you''re just ''earthy'' today!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 4:30:18 PM
Author: moremoremore
My signature frangrance today is called ''PPPPPPP UUUUUUUUU'' by Moremoremore. This heat is killing me. I''m a giant stink bomb
14.gif

You''re the Best MMM!!
9.gif
My signature fragrance has been PP UU PP PP YY these past few months! ...I don''t think my fav D&G Light Blue can compete!
2.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Fun thread!!!!
36.gif
My signature scent is Still by Jennifer Lopez. I love it, very light, airy, and a bit sexy!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Joane

Rough_Rock
Signature scent would probably be Annick Goutal''s Gardénia Passion, which I''ve been wearing since it came out in about 1988. I also love her Les Nuits d''Hadrien and some of the classic Chanels, No. 5 and No. 19 particularly.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 7:13:21 PM
Author: Joane
Signature scent would probably be Annick Goutal''s Gardénia Passion, which I''ve been wearing since it came out in about 1988. I also love her Les Nuits d''Hadrien and some of the classic Chanels, No. 5 and No. 19 particularly.

Gardenia Passion is a great one..my fave AG after Hadrien. Lasts longer on me too. I can go through a bottle of Hadrien in a week! It''s awful. LOL!
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2005 6:26:30 PM
Author: widget
Ysatis by Givenchy....

Another of my old flames!! Ysatis is foxy stuff!
2.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2005 10:29:53 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i like the smell of chanel #19 or Coco Mademoiselle.what's the one that smells like gasoline some women wear.

gasoline??
23.gif
which one is that? lol! sometimes the opening notes of Vent Vert, and the Bois Des Iles pure remind me of petrol.

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
I just wear the vanilla body spray from Bath and body works...anything vanilla, is my signature scent :)

At a psecial occasision i wear a perfume by issabella rosselli, I think, called manifesto...I like the name more than the scent!
37.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I rotate according to my mood and where I''m going, to work (at a yoga studio) I wear a patchouli/sandalwood blend or nag champa body spray, to go out I wear Thierry Muglier Angel Innocence or Angel, if I want a fresher muskier scent Emporio Armani Elle, and once in awhile I''ll wear Gucci Rush.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Sensi by Giorgio Armani and Silk Ribbons by Jessica McClintock

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love nice smells in general...scent is a powerful memory aid.

Shalimar, Jean Patou 1000, Charlie, Bal a Versailles and Miss Dior remind me of my mom.
In high school, Love''s Baby Soft, Jean Nate, some lemon thing, Charlie and Jungle Gardenia-I was quite liberal with it.

Before my first kid, the first Boucheron and the first Oscar De La Renta. After baby, did NOT smell the same.

I love musks, fruits, herbs.

Guerlain used to make a line of herbal tonic-y ones I loved. Love Comptoir sud Pacifique, and Anick Goutal, though I must choose well...the dry down smell can be like cat urine.

I love Bath and Body Works dessert line. I love Sugar by Fresh, too...

My absolute favorite is Jhivago 24 K. People follow me to ask what it is. I also like the lighter Opium (Summer version) since the original is too strong. I like Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors, Dolce and Gabanna light blue, Hanae Imori, Burberry Brit and DKNY New York. I will never buy a celebrity perfume unless it is amazing... I hate the first Clinique perfume, someone had on WAY to much and I got so sick from it...yuck. I do not have one signature scent...I switch around, but overall love anything sweet and fruity and clean...

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2005 11:48:34 PM
Author: diamondfan

...Before my first kid, the first Boucheron and the first Oscar De La Renta. After baby, did NOT smell the same...

Guerlain used to make a line of herbal tonic-y ones I loved. Love Comptoir sud Pacifique, and Anick Goutal, though I must choose well...the dry down smell can be like cat urine.

Many companies do tinker with the formulas. Drives me crazy because I''m never sure if it''s changing body chem., bad sensory memory, monkey shines w/ the ingredients. grrrrr.

If you''re thinking of the Aqua Allegorias?(Guerlain) you can still order most of them online.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
For years it was a fragrance called Byblos but it was discontinued.

Now I wear Beyond Paradise.

Heather

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a signature fragrance because I like to wear a different one every day. I've noticed that the fragrance that attracts the most men is the new car smell! If I've been in a new car and the scent stays on my clothes, it hypnotizes them and draws them like moths to a flame!!
31.gif
27.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I wear Todd Oldham and Gucci Rush

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
oh this is fun

I like L'EAU D'ISSEY issey miyake

also classic by banana republic (but it doesn't last long)

ralph lauren romance

marc jacobs

i can't decide!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Everyday fragrance of mine is She by Georgio Armani. My special occasion fragrance is Vera Wang. I specifically bought the Vera Wang for my wedding and now I use it on only very special occasions.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Horse sweat. Keeps up that macho appeal.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2005 9:28:24 AM
Author: HAMMER
Horse sweat. Keeps up that macho appeal.
Actually my horses smell even better than Chanel to me!
9.gif
30.gif

rae

Rough_Rock
I don't think I missed anyone else saying they wear it, so I guess I am the only one so far.... for the last 10+ years, I have worn only Jean Paul Gaultier (the original)...
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think my forever fragrance is Narcisco Rodriguez EDP. Not the EDT which smells different. It is amazing. Just amazing. Likes a little "off" at first...a few minutes later, heaven. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried the EDT a while ago and really liked it...a lot....but there was something I didn''t love...so I would just spritz when I was around it. I was in Saks today and saw the pink new bottle with EDP. OMG. I smell GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD
face16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results