shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey guys and gals, what''s your signature fragrance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2005 3:58:49 PM
Author: Buena Girl

Date: 5/2/2005 3:47:44 PM
Author: valeria101
Anything musk and tobacco scented... either separate essence oils or Bulgari Blu
That's interesting. I had no idea there were tobacco scented perfumes !
Well, surely that's not the main scent: toacco reeks ! Men's fragrances use the note and it adds a familiar (to me) scent of summer grassland. I can't move back on the farm I grew up on...
15.gif
at least my nose can.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
"Lolita Lempicka is an enchanting and alluring fragrance that gently balances the sweetness of ivy leaves and aniseed with delicate violet and iris root, and finishes with a smooth hint of vanilla and musk. This sensual fragrance is pure, light, and endearing."

limpicka.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
I know you already know my signature fragrance, Nan, but for everyone else, its *Sung* by Alfred Sung -- just like you, Bluedawg. I have been wearing it for as long as I can remember. It''s not one of the more well-known scents, but I get compliments on it all the time.

The cologne I like best on Mr.DiamondLil is *Grey Flannel* by Geoffrey Beene
30.gif
(swooning now).

DiamondLil

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I have two actually. For everyday scents I wear Mary Kay''s ''Dreams''. When I go out I wear ''Aroma Tonic'' from Lancome.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Burberry Brit- my bf looooooves this stuff so much!! when it''s on my wrists, i put my arm near his face and he pretends to pass out hehe (i''m sure he would love to know that i am sharing this!)

in HS/ college, i guess i wore what everyone wore haha... tommy girl and clinique happy

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I never thought about htis one. I dont wear perfume almost ever. I ahve never been able to find one that "spoke" to me. I loathe anything that smells like baby powder roses or vanilla and for whatever reason they seem to be popular in womens fragrences. Plus everything that I try seems to strong to me. Plus I just dont want to have people smell my perfume after I am gone, in high school I wanted Tommy Girl outlawed...it was just too much. However I am always up for suggestions. I have often wanted to ask people as they walked buy what they had on beucase it was light and freash and healthy smelling...Hmm.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Matatora - try anything made by Fresh. They have a lot of really fabulous light, fresh, but still interesting scents. I wear Sugar, but they make a bunch of others, many of which are very simple but nice (I like Grapefruit Bergamot). Sephora carries some of their stuff and they also have stores of their own in some cities (which are fun to browse).

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Halston. Been wearing it since college. It just seems to agree with my body chemistry.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love this thread! I love fragrance even more than jewelry. Right now I have a dresser full of perfume (hubby likes to buy it for me). It can be variable on what I wear by the occasion or my mood, and I pretty much wear any one of about a dozen or so fragrances. But here are the top three that I wear most often:

1. New West Skinscent by Aramis for everyday.

2. Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent for more dressy occasions like church or going out.

3. Black by Kennth Cole for really dressy occasions, or when I''m feeling sexy or wanting to seduce my hubby (Black turns him on the most...lol
31.gif
).

At bedtime, I usually want something that smells light and fresh, so I go with a body splash from Bath & Bodyworks. Moonlight Path and Gardenia Lily are the two I like the best.

It''s funny this topic came up today, too. After school, I was walking down the hall looking for my daugther, and I saw her up ahead and tried to sneak up on her from behind. Just as I was about 2 feet from her, she spun around and caught me! I asked her how she knew I was behind her, and she said she could "smell me"...lol. I was wearing the New West today, which is the fragrance I wear the most, so I guess that more or less my signature fragrance.
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
hmm let''s see if i can spell them without looking at the bottles...Heavenly by Victoria Secret (I really love all of them), Vera Wang (yum!!) and Extravagance by Divenchi, I''ve worn that since it came out, I think 1999 or something
1.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gucci Envy.....ummmmm I love love love it! :)
My casual day fun scent is Pearberry from Bath and Body, I have had ex boyfriends tell me they still think of me when they smell it!! I guess that is about as signature as you can get
20.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana and in the summer, Lancome Aroma Tonique in the green (energizing, I think?)

For "non-perfume" days, I love Bath & Body Works Refreshing Garden Mint Body Spray but it is discontinuued
8.gif
...I have to rely on eBay now unless they bring it back.

1.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Paloma Picasso......I get a lot of (good) comments and I just love wearing it.
I also wear white musk from The Body Shop .....so pretty.

I don''t find either over powering .

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2005 5:59:18 PM
Author: Matatora

I loathe anything that smells like baby powder roses or vanilla ...
Same here: "sweet" is out. I do not know if Shiseido Energizing is still "in". That and Fahrenheit by Dior convinced me that looking for a non-girlie fragrance is not a hopeless hunt.
20.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My tastes have changed so dramatically in the last few years--I thought I''d never wear anything floral--but now that is all I wear (except for the Vera Wang for men which I like better than the womans scent). I love the French Lime Blossom and Orange Blossom by Jo Malone; Michael Kors and Marc Jacob''s fragrances, Shalimar Light, and my Mothers Day present--Hanae Mori.

cheers--Sharon

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Ammayernyc, I love 24, Faubourg by Hermes, I also enjoy Eau des Merveilles also by Hermes, I also like O de Lancome, it''s light and fresh!

I wish you well,

Bridget

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I guess my signature fragrance or the one that I''ve had people tell me that when they smelled it it reminded them of me is Magie Noire by Lancome. I''ve been wearing it for 22 years. My son came home from school his first day of Kindergarten and told me that he liked his teacher because she smelled like me. When I went into her classroom I could smell it on her, she told me she''d also been wearing it for many years.

I also like Attraction by Lancome a lot too and have been wearing it more lately.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like the smell of chanel #19 or Coco Mademoiselle.what''s the one that smells like gasoline some women wear.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I wore Byblos for years but since they discontinued it I wear a new estee lauder purfume called beyond paradise
emsmile.gif

Heather

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Johnson's Baby Softwash.

I don't use much spritzie stuff. I own one called Perfect Veil that I have to spray and run away from...a lot of smells make me sneeze. This is like a really light powdery peachy smell but really once it's on almost doesnt smell like it's on. I also like L'eau d'issey. Also smells like nothing when on. I wonder why I wear it if you can't smell it.

(edited to correct)

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana...
Dior in the Silver bottle by Christian Dior...

And, I''m putting in an order for Vera Wang for Mother''s day...

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
light blue and prada
21.gif

DH: alfred sung

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Lancome''s Miracle, Estee Lauder''s Beyond Paradise
1.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I generally don''t wear anything scented b/c I have such bad allergies I can have an attack just smelling certain colognes and perfumes.
5.gif

One day my husband and I were at Marshall Field''s and this lady sprayed perfume on a card to hand me and that little spray alone set off a huge sneezing attack. I was so miserable and my husband really gave this lady such hell that she started to cry.
8.gif

There was this lady where I used to work that used to wear Poison. You could smell her across the entire office. I literally couldn''t breathe when I got near her (and I had to go to her area of the office all the time as that''s where our color printer was). There was another gal like me highly allergic and we both asked her nicely to not wear so much perfume. She got totally offended and told us to shove it (well, she actually said something a lot worse). We wound up going to HR over it as it was a huge to do. The office manager got her to wear less and she moved the printer closer to where I was so I didn''t have to walk by her so often.

I hate being so sensitive! I''ve actually had to leave church b/c of the insense (sp?) burning too.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I wear Opium because it drives my husband wild and he has always bought it for me. I only put on a tiny bit, though, because it''s strong and I don''t want to sneeze all day much less knock people over with my perfume.
2.gif

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Winter: Burberry London

Spring: Marc Jacobs Signature

Summer: Burberry Weekend

Fall: Organza by Givenchy

I'm a perfume snob! I love good perfume and wear it every day. I recently got "Clean" from Nordstrom's, and it does smell like right after a shower dressed in freshly laundered cotton! I really like "Chance" by Chanel, but haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

Edited to add: My favorite fragrance ever, Chaos, by Donna Karan, is discontinued and long gone. I would give up all the others for Chaos!

shasha

Rough_Rock
No.5 by Chanel and Anais Anais by Chacharel. These are the only perfumes that doesn''t give me a headache.

2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2005 10:29:53 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i like the smell of chanel #19 or Coco Mademoiselle.what''s the one that smells like gasoline some women wear.
HI:

Petrol #4
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tova, everytime I put it on, someone asks me what I am wearing....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla,
I''ve always wondered what it smelled like, is it Tova Nights or what?? I think she has several, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results