shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s my Storm worthy asscher.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
bevel the edges of the shank in my opinion it would look better and be a big design change.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,
I love the way you think too, that is soo sweet. Yeah maybe it''s for the best. I''ll end up with something that is totally me. I''m still keeping my fingers crossed though.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fingers are crossed too that you get it exactly as you want it! (And it''s taken a lot to stop myself from crossing my fingers that it magically appears on MY finger instead!! -- JK!)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 4:06:43 PM
Author: widget

Author: widget
I wonder if a bezel set stone could be slightly elevated....hmm...
I must be getting senile....I forgot what Michael E did when he set this aqua into an old mounting....
20.gif
What a perfect example, widget! Also, my bezel is raised from the halo. (Mine has an airline too, but that might be going too far!) I think just bezel setting your stone (or raising the bezel as well) would be a nice change from the CADs you posted & blueroses'' suggestions are great too! Either way, it''ll be stunning! The kaleigh....aah!
30.gif

e-ring%20Image%204.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ll have to wait and see. I know in the end it will be great and now have lots of great ideas from you guys in case he says no. So this has been very helpful. Thanks everyone!!!!!
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh....it's going to be fabulous.....truly. How can you go wrong with such a beautiful stone to start out with???
30.gif

(I'm still hung up on raised bezels...
20.gif
)...as I recall, when Michael was doing the aqua, we discussed an interesting option: apparently he could have "pierced" the frame in a design recalling the underside/gallery. Apparently that would have been a way to let more light in, too....

just a thought...

widget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
No hijacksies but I knew the raised bezel idea reminded me of something ..... this is a ring I was coveting around last Xmas - (before e-rings & diamonds were even on my radar), by a designer named Erin May. Don''t think the "writing around the bezel" is right for your Asscher Masterpiece, K, but ... here''s a looksie anyway!

erinmayring.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget and Deco, That''s the way I will go, if they say no. Then that would be different enough to please the manager.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
That could be the perfect solution--top down it won''t really look different (I''d forgotten that Brightspot''s ring had a raised bezel until she posted the side view, so....)--so it''d be different but close enough?

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I missed a lot by being gone for a few hours!!! So...I know you don''t want prongs, but I have double prongs on my ring, and when I was going over the design with Brian at WF he suggested making them very small as to not detract from the beauty of the stone, it''s also raised quite a bit actually. The gallery is also has very delicate bars like the Daniel K that you like. I think the bezel would be pretty too, I think Lovey''s and my ring are very similar to the Daniel K design, and mine is definitely not copyrighted or stamped in any way, so I wonder if you could get exactly what you want by taking my ring or Lovey''s and then tweaking them to have the pave on the bars, and your other ideas, and then tweaking it even more to be like the Daniel K. So kind of like reverse engineering because then they aren''t breaking any copyright laws and you can get EXACTLY what you want. It might take a little longer, but you have waited this long already, you''ve got the necklace to hold you over, and you will have a halo with a GORGEOUS asscher!

Does this make sense, or am I missing something, or am I overwhelmed by how many posts I missed in the thread?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No dazeland that makes perfect sense and believe me I am taking your ideas into consideration as he may say no. But if he does, I have an idea of how to get around it, and your suggestions are very helpful. I give you a high five for getting this thread as it was even confusing for me. Thanks!!!!!
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Dazedland, I am also very impressed that you were able to make sense of my nonsensical posts and pictures!!! I just went back and looked at my stalker-I-mean-bling file
2.gif
2.gif
and re-looked at your fabu ring. Those prongs are so delicate and subtle, you hardly notice them! Cool!!!

Ok Lisa, it''s happy hour for real on the East coast now
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh
that is alot of blings
30.gif
10.gif
there''s no right or wrong settings,it''s what you like.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes dazeland does deserve the prize for following this thread blue, but it was more my fault than anyone elses. Without blue and mrssalvo we wouldn''t have really picked up on the mistake. DF you''re right so many great choices. I will let you guys know what the manager decides tomorrow. But everyone was so helpful that I know have a lot of great ideas to throw at him tomorrow should he say no.
2.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Any news yet?
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No BrightSpot. I am giving them until this afternoon and will give them a call around 3:00 if I don''t hear from them. I am still hopeful
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in.....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just talked to the bench jewler and he still hasn''t gotten the new cads from his guy in Virginia. I asked him what the manager would say and he told me that he has no idea. But if I want to get what I want I can work directly with his cad guy in VA. Oh now I don''t no what to do. The whole point was for me to work with someone local. I guess I''ll have to wait and see. I will be with Nan tomorrow all day at the hospital and will not hear anything until Friday. What a mess this turned out to be. Maybe I''ll just have WF make a ring for me???? I know they do great work.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh, I''m sorry you are having such a hard time! I just checked in to see if there was some good news. I''m certainly partial to WF
2.gif
and they have that 10-12 day time frame, but working with the CAD guy directly could be good too. Good luck!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 3:04:58 PM
Author: kaleigh
I asked him what the manager would say and he told me that he has no idea. But if I want to get what I want I can work directly with his cad guy in VA.

How come it doesn''t seem like they are very willing to help? Is that too much to ask? They''re telling you to work directly with the guy in VA if you want to get what you want? Aren''t you paying them?

I don''t know, maybe you should shop around and see what other vendors or jewelers can do for you.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry your jewler is going at such a slow pace.
38.gif
I think WF makes lovely rings but perhaps you ought to give just a wee bit more time. After all once you have it you will have it forever.
YOu are such agood friend for going with Nan. You are all in my prayers.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have other things to worry about so I am going to wait to see what they have to say and will go from there. Obviously I am less than impressed with them thus far so we''ll see. I may take my stone elsewhere. WF is always a great option, and their time frame from what dazeland has to say is much better than what I''ve gotten so far.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh,
If your guy doesn''t work out, couldn''t you make the drive a couple of times over to Quest? They are sorta local and I''d bet Nan would LOVE to go with you on those visits
31.gif
you could still see in person the cad/cam, wax, etc...

Of course WF would be a great option too, but you already know that
3.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Aw, hang in Lisa....it''s going to work out and be perfect!!!! (One way or the other!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo and blueroses. I am calling them tomorrow and will see what they say. If it''s a no go then I will take my business elsewhere. I don''t like the way this has gone on and on. So I will let you know what they say tomorrow.
2.gif
11.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed!!!
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck - hope you get the news you want to hear!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful stone!!! I love asscher cuts
30.gif

I love your setting ideas.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this jeweler doesn''t work out, what about Mark Morrell? I think he has a shop on Walnut Street.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results