shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is my 1.15 Round Brilliant, D, VS1, H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bichon

Rough_Rock
Jewels,

Is your budget $18k Canadian? My fiance and I visited our jeweller a few weeks ago to inspect some loose stones for someone. From what I recall (this is totally by memory), a GIA certified 1.21, D, VVS1, H&A, excellent/excellent, no fluorescence, no culet was quoted for approximately $21k taxes in. Then there was another stone that was approximately 1.4 or 1.5 cts (memory fails me here), GIA, D, VS1, H&A, excellent/very good, no fluorescence, no culet for less than $30k Canadian ($27k? $28k?) I think these prices were steep because of the overall high quality ... like everyone says on PS, you will save a lot of money if you skip the VVS1/VVS2 to a VS or even better an SI and go down in colour. Regarding colour, I am colour sensitive. I tried on a few eternity D-E-F bands recently and the yellow tinge really contrasted with my D. I do not think the stones were truly "D"s; they were probably all "F"s or possibly even "G"s.  Hopefully, you are NOT colour sensitive like me, in which case, go for the SIZE, SIZE, SIZE - assuming that you are getting an ideal cut.

Bar-B Barn has great ribs. Have you had the back ribs from Baton Rouge at the Eaton Centre? Oh dear, it''s not even lunch time and I''m already salivating.

Bichon

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your ring is beautiful, icy white, and it looks GINORMOUS on your hand!!! I love the arrows too. Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2005 10:45:22 AM
Author: bichon
Jewels,

Is your budget $18k Canadian? My fiance and I visited our jeweller a few weeks ago to inspect some loose stones for someone. From what I recall (this is totally by memory), a GIA certified 1.21, D, VVS1, H&A, excellent/excellent, no fluorescence, no culet was quoted for approximately $21k taxes in. Then there was another stone that was approximately 1.4 or 1.5 cts (memory fails me here), GIA, D, VS1, H&A, excellent/very good, no fluorescence, no culet for less than $30k Canadian ($27k? $28k?) I think these prices were steep because of the overall high quality ... like everyone says on PS, you will save a lot of money if you skip the VVS1/VVS2 to a VS or even better an SI and go down in colour. Regarding colour, I am colour sensitive. I tried on a few eternity D-E-F bands recently and the yellow tinge really contrasted with my D. I do not think the stones were truly ''D''s; they were probably all ''F''s or possibly even ''G''s. Hopefully, you are NOT colour sensitive like me, in which case, go for the SIZE, SIZE, SIZE - assuming that you are getting an ideal cut.

Bar-B Barn has great ribs. Have you had the back ribs from Baton Rouge at the Eaton Centre? Oh dear, it''s not even lunch time and I''m already salivating.

Bichon
Yes Bichon, my budget would be between $18-19K Canadian. If I want a 1.5, I would have to go down to a H and SI1. I am quite color sensative but not to the point that I can''t stand a H. I have seen some H stones at Birks and Tiffany''s and I can live with it. I myself would not go anything below H that''s for sure. But if you put D,E,F,G and a H (considering the cut is the same) together, I could guess which is a D & E but F, G and H looks almost the same to me.

Yes, I have been to Baton Rough at Eaton Centre many times but I still think that BBB is the best. If memory serves me right, there is a Baton Rouge on Rue St. Catherine right?

Thats for taking the time to reply to my inquiries, please PM me when you have the info on the jeweler. No rush, I know that you must be busy with school
34.gif
and all. I really appreciate it.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results