shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is my 1.15 Round Brilliant, D, VS1, H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
Wow!!! It looks amazing! I see why a D is a D.
36.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
EEHARGHA!!!
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif

Oh my GOD, that is STUNNING! Oh, that is such a beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!! And I am not generally a round-lover, but those hearts and arrows....WOW!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and that stone looks HUGE on your finger.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Huge and icy-white. You took great pictures too.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Wow! That is one gorgeous ring! I love it!
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and you got some great pictures of it!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I can''t believe how well those pictures came out!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. No WAY that is 1.15 ct!!!!

2. Absolutely love the arrows you captured in the pics!

3. Love the setting....it definitely looks more substantial in the shoulders than the regular tiffany setting.

Yummy!!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bichon,

I love your ring. It is very classy and breathtaking. When I saw the first pix, I thought that the diamond is more than 3ct. Either that or you must have extremely small fingers (like a teeny size 1.5). I would never have guessed that it is 1.15 on a 3.5 size. Wowy. Very nice.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Bichon, that ring looks gorgeous and HUGE on your fingers. I''m so jealous. Time to go on a finger diet. Maybe that way I''ll be happy with the size of my diamonds.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely amazing!!

Can we get some pictures of the full hand??
9.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the wonderful compliments!
1.gif
I actually think the ring looks huge, partly because of the way I photographed it (really close up) and the skinny knife-edge setting. I''ll be sure to post more pictures soon.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ring -------stone and setting-------Very beautiful!!!! (and nice pics., too!)
30.gif

36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
bichon,
Wow your ring is truly amazing so white and sprarkly!! It looks way bigger than 1.15, congratulations it''s awesome. Love your screen name how many bichon''s do you have?? I have two and they are sooo cute.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
VERY PURDY!!!!!! It definitely looks better than a 1.15!!! Maybe there''s dyslexia and it''s 1.51?
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
Simply Stunning, so classic and lovely!
30.gif
36.gif
What sort of band will you wear next to it? Have you gone into tiffany''s to try it with their rings to see about the gap!!!! Keep us updated ....and a few more pictures wouldnt hurt.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Very nice shots and congrats!!!

Date: 4/8/2005 9:28:47 AM
Author: lmurden
Wow!!! It looks amazing! I see why a D is a D.

Regarding your observation lmurden... pictures of diamonds taken in lighting similar to the ones taken will make any stone appear "D" like. Take for example this shot we took recently of a "K".

SMALLERIMAGE.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, beautiful stone... beautiful setting!! and it really does look much larger than 1.15... hmm, i wear a 3.5 too, i guess small fingers is a huge plus!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
ok, this ring looks huge
23.gif
gorgeous pictures you took, i was having flashbacks of slammie''s superb photo skills
1.gif
congrats

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 3:14:19 AM
Author: bichon
Mara, I forgot to mention: The stone was purchased loose in Toronto from a local jeweller who carries a nice selection of GIA and other-certified loose diamonds. Since I do not have a Sarin report, do you know if there is a way to estimate an HCA score?
Hi bichon. Your ring is aaaaamazing!!!!
26.gif
That is my favourate setting. I am a size 3.5 as well. After seeing your stone, I am thinking of changing my future upgrade goal from a 1.5 to 1.15c. It looks huge on your finger.

Can you provide more details on your stone in terms of price and the name of the Toronto dealer your FH bought it from?

As for the band, a half or full eternity band will look amazing with that setting.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm interesting re: photo shots and cameras...I have a Sony CyberShot and just cannot get closeups at all of my ring without the loupe. I have taken tons of shots and do get some great ones but yours with the arrows are very elusive as closeups for me.

I am leaning towards a Canon for next purchase since I have seen some exceptional closeups and night shots...two things my Sony just cannot seem to do.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 2:17:14 AM
Author: bichon
Oh my, did I really post this many pictures? Is there a limit to the number of pictures? Am I going to be banned from PS?
No way!
2.gif
Keep posting beautiful pics of your gorgeous ring!!!!!!!
It is stunning!
30.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Your stone has amazing arrows & super sparkle!
30.gif
Great pics! It is fabulous! Congrats!
36.gif
1.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
A few more pictures for those of you who are interested ...

Kaleigh - I used to have the most adorable Bichon Frise. We had to give him away (long, sad story). I absolutely adored him and gave him so many cute pet names that he must have forgotten his real name.  Do you have a Bichon Frise or Maltese? They''re both so adorable and incredibly playful and (sigh!) smart for their own good. I just adore bichons ... oh, I can go on forever talking about them..

Matatora - I finally got around to going to Tiffany''s and fell in love with the shared prong. I originally thought I would get the plain Tiffany platinum band, but who am I kidding?! I find that diamond bands really compliment soIitaires. However, I don''t think I''ll go for a full eternity because I tend to keep my ring on all the time and I''d be scared about crushing the poor little diamonds when lifting weights at the gym. When the time comes, I''ll be going back to my jeweller to replicate the shared prong.

Jewels - Upgrading to 1.15 instead of 1.5 will save you a quite a bit but if I was given the choice (and financial means)... 1.5 it is ... as long as the cut is tops! I honestly do not know how much the stone cost since the other half refuses to tell me. However, I know that he paid less than the $23-$30k CAD range (don''t forget to add our outrageous taxes on top of this!)  for D/E, 1-1.25 cts at the VVS1/2 range at Birks, Tiffany''s, and Cartier on Bloor. Can you fathom paying that much and you can''t even brag that it''s at least 1.5 cts?! If you are interested in knowing which jeweller we go to, I can send you the details in a private message next week. My fiance lives in Toronto and I am temporarily living in Montreal for the next little while, so I do not have the exact co-ordinates of the jeweller with me here. He has 2 stores ... one near Woodbridge and another downtown. If you are interested, I believe he does carry a nice selection of (unbranded?) Hearts & Arrows. Not that I am saying H&A are the best performers, but I certainly lucked out with mine.

DSC00663.jpg

bichon

Rough_Rock
Another one ...

DSC00665.jpg

bichon

Rough_Rock
Hand pic ...

DSC00709.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning stone!
36.gif

Mara, does your cybershot has a setting with a magnifying glass? I find that with my camera (I use the same one as bichon), using the magnifying glass setting takes better pictures than the macro mode. As this camera doesn''t have a tripod, it''s quite hard to take a nice shot of the arrows in a H&A stone unless u keep it level against a table or something. Bichon has got it down pat!! I need to practice more!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks bichon. Yes, please PM me when you get the chance with the name of the Jeweler in Toronto. I would like to check out the store. Would like to see what my options are. I am planning of making a trip to New York to visit a few vendors as well later this year. I have my heart set on the Tiffany replica from Superbcert and may end up getting a H&A stone from there as well, but if I can find something locally at a reasonable price, I may just go local.

Back to your ring, your stone is so beautiful and icy white. It really looks like a 1.4 or 1.5. I would like to work with a budget of around CAD $18K and I think I can find a 1.5 in near the colorless range from some US vendors. Now that I see your D, I am thinking do I want size or color???? I have been to Tiffany and wanted the plan platinum band in the beginning as well but since I tried the shared prong eternity band, there''s no looking back. I do suggest that you get the half eternity band due to your lifestyle and it would be easier to size as well. If you decide to have children down the road, your finger size will most likely change as well. I personally will go with an eternity band myself only becuase I am done with having kids.

BTW, I''m so jealous that you are living in Montreal. I go there almost every year mainly just for Bar-B-Barn. Love the ribs there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results