shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is my 1.15 Round Brilliant, D, VS1, H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bichon

Rough_Rock
Ever since getting engaged in July 2004, I have absolutely loved lurking around PS to check out the beautiful diamonds. Prior to discovering PS, my knowledge on diamonds was limited to the very basic 4C''''s (without understanding how important the cut really is). My fiance surprised me with a beautiful Hearts & Arrow ring with the following specs ... I don''''t have the GIA certificate with me, however, here are the specs from the independent appraisal:

Shape: Round Brilliant Cut
Weight: 1.15 ct.
Measurements: 6.72 x 6.71 x 4.05 mm (GIA specs were slightly different)
Table %: 56%
Depth %: 60%
Clarity: VS1
Colour: D
Cut: Excellent ("Polish" from GIA was also Excellent)
Culet: None
Girdle: Thin Faceted
Fluorescence - long wave: inert; short wave - inert

Browsing through PS was becoming an unhealthy habit so I''''ve banned myself from visiting this fabulous site for a while. But now that I have been experimenting taking picture of my ring in different lighting, I thought I would share my pics (as I''''ve enjoyed seeing everyone else''''s gorgeous rings). Thank goodness for digital cameras allowing for multiple "re-takes" for those of us with shaky hands when taking pictures! Here are the pics ... enjoy!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey bichon! ....can''t wait to see that rock!!
to get your pic to upload, make sure the file is named something very unique. click on ''attach file'' to upload. after the file has been attached, you can type in the message box. hopefully that will do the trick!
2.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
Thanks Belle. I think the pictures also take up too much memory. I am re-naming the files and trying to cut the quality using iPhoto. So far, I seem to be able to bring it down to about 643kb. I''m a little embarrassed because although I''ve never uploaded a picture, I AM computer savy on Macs and PC ... aaargh!

Also, do you know how I can move the topic from RockyTalking to Show Me The Ring?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
100k is the file size limit.
Change it to a jpg file type.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can''t move the topic yourself, leonid will have to do it. he''s pretty quick on moving threads, but if you want to alert him to this, just click on ''report this post'' and send him a note
2.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
I took picture using 5 megapixels. I think I finally figured it out. Here''s the first picture. The diamond seems a bit "yellow" because the picture is taken against a wood desk. Honestly, it''s icy white in real life!

bichon2.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2005 1:32:57 AM
Author: bichon
I took picture using 5 megapixels. I think I finally figured it out. Here''s the first picture. The diamond seems a bit ''yellow'' because the picture is taken against a wood desk. Honestly, it''s icy white in real life!
Awesome!
Nice picture!
What camera did you use?

bichon

Rough_Rock
This picture was taken by the window.

DSC00401_1.jpg

bichon

Rough_Rock
Strmdr, I am using a 5 megapixel Sony DSC-T1. Trust me, I''ve taken quite a number of shots before getting decent photos ... LOL! Also, I couldn''t capture the arrows using the flash. I also had to play around with settings ... there is a setting for taking close shots.

Here, I am having fun with sepia. I''m not sure why it looks "spotty", but really, there are no visible inclusions.

DSC00490.jpg

bichon

Rough_Rock
Wow, I''m having fun. Here''s a pic to prove that the stone really is white. I had to use a flash to capture the whiteness. Please ignore the dust on the table. Obviously, I''ve been admiring my stone obsessively ... no time to clean.

DSC00307.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, I couldn''t capture the arrows using the flash
nope, won''t be able to do that! arrows thrive in low light....they fight bright light and flash with the mad sparklez!!
1.gif
.....love the pictures. that''s a very nice looking stone you have there!!
3.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
Ring on the finger (size is approximately 3.75 ... I might need to get it re-sized to 3.5 but will wait until the summer to see if it''s necessary to do so)

DSC00330.jpg

bichon

Rough_Rock
Side view of Tiffany-style setting.

I believe the genuine Tiffany setting sits lower. Because of the angle at which the prongs are "jutting out", I hope I don''t have trouble finding a band that sits fluidly beside the setting.

DSC00409.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really nice photos ! And a wonderful ring, of course
2.gif
Congratulations
36.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
This one captures the arrows a little more clearly than the first picture. The trick here was to turn on the banker's lamp right towards the back of the stone.

DSC00629.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW !!! beautiful ring,beautiful arrows.
30.gif
congrats
36.gif

bichon

Rough_Rock
Another angle of the ring. Please ignore the table. This camera really catches evidence of eating in the livingroom and not properly cleaning up afterwards. You must all think I do not clean but honestly, I am a neat-freak, stereotypical Virgo who waxes her car 2-3 times a year by hand and of course, the ring gets cleaned twice a day.

DSC00413.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful arrows...it looks huge on your hand.

bichon

Rough_Rock
Oh my, did I really post this many pictures? Is there a limit to the number of pictures? Am I going to be banned from PS?

Here's another a shot of the ring on the hand.

DSC00408.jpg

rosy

Shiny_Rock
HI, your ring is beautiful. You have such small fingers, it looks really huge. By the way I have a Tiffany low setting & am currently wearing a plain 2 mm wedding band. For the most part it sits pretty close, but there is a tiny gap. I''ve tried my ring on with diamond type wedding bands & those have slightly more of a gap, probably because the diamonds cause the ring to be taller. It doens''t bother me too much though because you''ll mostly be noticing sparkle, not gaps.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that stone and setting are just stunning!!!!

i love how you captured the arrows in so many shots, what camera are you using? no way can i get such crisp shots, even after 90 pictures. i am in the market for a new digital later this year so am taking diamond images to heart now..hehe.

i actually really love that side view tiffany setting, probably moreso than the real one...it looks very beautiful and enormous on your hand, i can't believe it's a 1.15c!! it looks more like a 2c on your small finger.

beautiful! MORE PICTURES esp of the amazing arrows!

oh and where did you get the stone? it looks exceptional! your fiance did a great job.

bichon

Rough_Rock
One last picture of the ring on the finger.

Thank you for the compliments! Since the ring was a total surprise, the lovely compliments should really get passed on to my adorable other half (which I will do).

Rosy, I think I recall that you were upgrading your Tiffany? I''d love to see picture of your ring. You''re right ... the sparkles will get noticed and not the gap. I am considering a shared-prong, 0.08 x approximately 6-8 diamonds.

I''ve received so many compliments on my ring in person. My small finger definitely gives the illusion of a "bigger" diamond, but I think the sparkles make a HUGE difference as well. I recently went back to school full-time where the classes have these fantastic (for the ring) lighting. A few students have told me that they''ve been distracted by my ring all semester-long.

DSC00637_1.jpg

bichon

Rough_Rock
Mara, I am using a Sony DSC-T1 and take the pictures at 5 megapixels.  I am not sure if it makes a difference taking the pics at 1 vs 3 vs 5 megapixels.

Here are some photo tips to capture the ARROWS (all learned through trial & error ... I am by no means a professional photographer nor even come close to being one):

- LIGHTING & NO FLASH: As confirmed by Belle, no flash! However, you need to have light shining towards the back of the ring. In daylight (preferably filtered through blinds or curtain), stand facing the window and have the ring facing you. For indoor lighting, try placing the ring on a table with a desk lamp in the background.

- ADJUST CAMERA SETTING FOR CLOSE SHOTS: Mine shows a magnifying glass to indicate close shots.

- FIND THE RIGHT ANGLE & KEEP THE CAMERA AND RING STILL (this is the hardest part) : You''ll have to either move the ring or camera until you can see the arrows. The easiest way to do this (for me) was to place the ring at the edge of a table and prop up the camera against the edge for support.Then, I would adjust the angle of the ring until I can see the arrows.

I''ve no doubt you can take nice shots with your camera!

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be posting pictures later down the line. My husband might think I''m coo-coo taking pictures of my ring, he doesn''t understand diamond obsession! Yes, go for it with the diamond band! I used to think that it was best to get a very thin diamond band, like a .02-.03 pointer to not distract from the e-ring but have realized that I like the look of larger pointers .06-.08, why bother wearing a diamond band if you''re not going to see the diamonds in it? I want them to "bling" as much as possible!

bichon

Rough_Rock
Mara, I forgot to mention: The stone was purchased loose in Toronto from a local jeweller who carries a nice selection of GIA and other-certified loose diamonds. Since I do not have a Sarin report, do you know if there is a way to estimate an HCA score?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wife has the same size 1.15ct stone on a 4.75 size ring but it sure don''t look as big as yours.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn''t it 2.15 by any chance ! ?
23.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! As others have already said, it really does look huge on your tiny fingers!

I love the last shot, where it''s on your finger and you can really see the arrows! You have become a camera pro in no time.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow Bichon it''s so beautiful.
Those little fingers of yours-
27.gif

It''s so icy white and sparkly.
Best wishes to you both.

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Bichon, WOW!!! Your ring is huge, white and sooo beautiful!!! I love the setting, it look fabulous on you!! Wear it in good health :)
anna

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results