shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Three Stone DK CADs PLEASE!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for confirming that! I was trying my hardest to visualize the elongated donuts. :idea: Then I realized that the outer prongs, where the basket attaches to the band, it wouldn’t have a place to attach to because the donut would be longer than the stone o_O

Now is the more difficult part. Translating my wants over to an email to send to David. This could take a while. :cry:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:LOL Hang in there, I think that you have come through the worst of it so far..It should get easier from here on out..:)

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for confirming that! I was trying my hardest to visualize the elongated donuts. :idea: Then I realized that the outer prongs, where the basket attaches to the band, it wouldn’t have a place to attach to because the donut would be longer than the stone o_O

Now is the more difficult part. Translating my wants over to an email to send to David. This could take a while. :cry:

**Not perfect but maybe this will help a lot!!;)2

Frankie 3 Revised.jpg

Removed the line on the shank, added the donuts for you..:geek2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
**Not perfect but maybe this will help a lot!!;)2

Frankie 3 Revised.jpg

Removed the line on the shank, added the donuts for you..:geek2:

That is very helpful, thank you! I’m about to type up my changes for David so I’ll be sure to include this!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
That is very helpful, thank you! I’m about to type up my changes for David so I’ll be sure to include this!

You are so welcome! :pray:Thought that might come in handy..;)2 If you need me to remove some of the donuts I can do that too.. Just to show what it would look like with the one in the middle only..:geek: Well here is what that would look like..

Frankie 3 Revised2.jpg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, what am I missing? I’m gonna try the elongated donuts and see what he says. Worst that can happen is he tells me I’ve lost my mind and it won’t work and we go to round. Lol
6C942600-31B2-4DC3-9487-AE6196D3C069.jpeg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, what am I missing? I’m gonna try the elongated donuts and see what he says. Worst that can happen is he tells me I’ve lost my mind and it won’t work and we go to round. Lol
6C942600-31B2-4DC3-9487-AE6196D3C069.jpeg

:geek2:Wow, you can draw so well!!=) I think that it looks great however I am not sure what he is going to say about your donut style as that is for pear shaped side stones but hey, if he can make it work than that's great! Who knows what he will say?!:clap: Good luck and keep us posted!;))

P.S. The donut design that you have in the right top corner is not going to look like you have it shaped on the drawing though.. Just noting that for you.. ;-)

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:-oDang, your drawing looks WAY BETTER than my revised Frankie CAD!! :oops:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:-oDang, your drawing looks WAY BETTER than my revised Frankie CAD!! :oops:

Haha! See, I think the exact opposite and your mock up is clearer than my drawing! :D

I wonder if the metal itself was pear shaped, but the hole in the center was round of it would work? I’ll leave that up to him. :twisted2: But I’ll at least mention it. I did tell him I wasn’t sure it was possible, and if not, that’s perfectly fine.

Ok, I’m sending the email now! Please stand by!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo!:dance: Now you're on your way to finalizing a design!:praise: Hopefully you will hear back from him very soon..

Sweet baby Jesus, I hope I don’t get it and still think something doesn’t look right. :doh: :pray:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey:Aww come on now, let's think Positive thoughts! :saint: LOL:mrgreen2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing tonight :cry2: I guess now it’ll be at least Monday :(2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing tonight :cry2: I guess now it’ll be at least Monday :(2

Aww hun, I am so sorry! Maybe he is planning on working on it over the weekend..:ugeek: You might get lucky and hear from him tomorrow possibly??:?: If not hopefully the weekend will fly by fast and you will have an email from him before you know it!!

;)) Sending hugs!!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Aww hun, I am so sorry! Maybe he is planning on working on it over the weekend..:ugeek: You might get lucky and hear from him tomorrow possibly??:?: If not hopefully the weekend will fly by fast and you will have an email from him before you know it!!

;)) Sending hugs!!!

You are the sweetest! :kiss2: It’s not a huge deal, I was just REALLY excited to see the updated CADs. Patience is a virtue! :lol-2::P2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
You are the sweetest! :kiss2: It’s not a huge deal, I was just REALLY excited to see the updated CADs. Patience is a virtue! :lol-2::P2

;-)I completely understand.. I am very excited to see them also..:dance: This has been such a fun ride so far!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I got them!!!! He’s not done with the center basket but this is the progress:
00AEEB62-9574-4B80-A4C9-F0C06E38C12D.jpeg FFC8487E-0E1E-4D8B-B560-629A618BE331.jpeg

WOW!!:dance: I am so impressed!:clap: You got the pear shaped donuts after all but yeah he still didn't correct the center basket to give you the pinched tops on it like you wanted.. Major progress! YAY!!
I am so happy for you..:love:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!:dance: I am so impressed!:clap: You got the pear shaped donuts after all but yeah he still didn't correct the center basket to give you the pinched tops on it like you wanted.. Major progress! YAY!!
I am so happy for you..:love:

I am blown away. I really think aside from the center basket, it’s perfect. This is what his email said:

“I am just changing the center to have six claws, but this is the start for your changes.”

So that makes me think I’ll get another soon? What do you think? I don’t want to respond and reiterate changes if he’s already aware and working on them.

The only other thing is the “line” you see above the shank in the gallery. It almost looks like the same triple wire style, so I’m going to have to ask about that too if they’re on the next drawing.

I am so excited!!!! It’s so unique and one-of-a-kind and born from this crazy brain of mine (with help, of course! ;)2) but it’s so cool to know no one else will have my ring. Unless it’s so popular, people ask him to replicate it. Haha! Pretty neat :kiss2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I am blown away. I really think aside from the center basket, it’s perfect. This is what his email said:

“I am just changing the center to have six claws, but this is the start for your changes.”

So that makes me think I’ll get another soon? What do you think? I don’t want to respond and reiterate changes if he’s already aware and working on them.

The only other thing is the “line” you see above the shank in the gallery. It almost looks like the same triple wire style, so I’m going to have to ask about that too if they’re on the next drawing.

I am so excited!!!! It’s so unique and one-of-a-kind and born from this crazy brain of mine (with help, of course! ;)2) but it’s so cool to know no one else will have my ring. Unless it’s so popular, people ask him to replicate it. Haha! Pretty neat :kiss2:

=)2Well it is beautiful but maybe no one will ask to replicate it and if they happen to remember it was your original creation in the first place and you will have the very first one! I am so happy for you and I knew that it would be so worth all the hard work. Things like this do take time though to get it right especially. I had to look really good to see the line that you were talking about as I was looking for that dreaded lower line that it had earlier and didn't see it but I would ask him if those lines are mandatory because they will be part of the baskets that attach to the ring shank or not..

I think that I would wait until he sends another revised CAD to see what he updates for you before sending him another email at this point. So here is another hurry up and wait moment, LOL..:mrgreen:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
=)2Well it is beautiful but maybe no one will ask to replicate it and if they happen to remember it was your original creation in the first place and you will have the very first one! I am so happy for you and I knew that it would be so worth all the hard work. Things like this do take time though to get it right especially. I had to look really good to see the line that you were talking about as I was looking for that dreaded lower line that it had earlier and didn't see it but I would ask him if those lines are mandatory because they will be part of the baskets that attach to the ring shank or not..

I think that I would wait until he sends another revised CAD to see what he updates for you before sending him another email at this point. So here is another hurry up and wait moment, LOL..:mrgreen:

Very true! I’d be honored if someone loved it enough to replicate it though. I know not everyone would feel that way, but there are a lot of people in this world, and someone is bound to have the same taste as me, right? :lol:

I shot him a quick email just to thank him for all he’s put into the design and how much I loved it. Told him I couldn’t wait to see the final drawings, and to have a great weekend. I wanted him to at least know I received them.

My husband has watched me sketch so many rings this past week, so when I showed him the CADs he was even a *tiny* but intrigued. Emphasis on tiny, but that’s more than normal! :lol-2:

Thanks again for all the time and energy you have contributed these past few days. I couldn’t have explained my vision so clearly had it not been for your help. Frankie will be cast in your honor, my dear! :kiss2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2:Thanks for the kind words both of you!
It is always a joy to be able to help someone out and it sure does make you feel good in the process so it truly was a blessing :saint: for me to be able to help her convey what she wanted to DK so that the process could get started. Nothing has to be more frustrating than it already is so sometimes we all need a little help to express what we mean. I have had my fair share of moments in life, lol.. Everything just works out better anyway when you have more than one set of eyes:geek2: on a project! Please don't set me up on a pedestal, there has been more advice and help given here than just mine!;)2

It has been so much fun watching this project grow into fruition!:mrgreen2: Now we all can't wait to see the final outcome!:clap:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
=)2Hey girl! I keep coming back here hoping to have some updates on your CAD.. I am trying to be patient, LOL:lol-2: but that isn't my strong suit!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
=)2Hey girl! I keep coming back here hoping to have some updates on your CAD.. I am trying to be patient, LOL:lol-2: but that isn't my strong suit!!

Me either!!! :eek-2: He emailed me earlier today and asked if I wanted the middle basket to be more bowl shaped, and he attached a CAD where it was skinny and pulled in to the pavilion. I told him to open it up as much as he could without the gallery being seen from the top. I’m not sure how many times I need to reiterate this detail, but he said “got it” and that’s the last I heard. Lol.

I’m hoping maybe I’ll hear something tomorrow?

Here’s the CAD he sent. Definitely not the look I want. I thought I did, but changed my mind after seeing it, especially with the more open cup shaped side baskets.

6D9D1114-DB0F-4CA6-932B-C703693BE7E6.jpeg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Me either!!! :eek-2: He emailed me earlier today and asked if I wanted the middle basket to be more bowl shaped, and he attached a CAD where it was skinny and pulled in to the pavilion. I told him to open it up as much as he could without the gallery being seen from the top. I’m not sure how many times I need to reiterate this detail, but he said “got it” and that’s the last I heard. Lol.

I’m hoping maybe I’ll hear something tomorrow?

Here’s the CAD he sent. Definitely not the look I want. I thought I did, but changed my mind after seeing it, especially with the more open cup shaped side baskets.

6D9D1114-DB0F-4CA6-932B-C703693BE7E6.jpeg

:lol-2:Like Scooby Do says: "RUT RO" :P2
Looking forward to what the final CAD will look like..;)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:lol-2:Like Scooby Do says: "RUT RO" :P2
Looking forward to what the final CAD will look like..;)2

I know, my thoughts exactly. I sent a follow up late last night with a shot of the basket from CAD 1 and told him I liked it, it just needed to be 6 prongs and not be seen from above. I also asked about the line in the gallery that looked like a tri-wire style. We will see what he says. Lol

I feel like I’m not being clear, but I don’t know how else to reiterate it. Either that or he’s just super busy and overwhelmed and the details get lost? I don’t think I’m being overly picky so who knows. Hopefully the next drawing will be perfect. If not, nothing is set in stone, (or gold ;)2) right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results