shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Three Stone DK CADs PLEASE!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I like it! But agree that I don’t care for that swoopy line that @Taurus2313 wrote about above. I think every else looks more deliberate.

:geek2:I noticed it from the get go but wasn't sure that it was an element that she actually wanted on the design or not until she mentioned it so I never brought it up until she mentioned it. Glad that we all agree that it just looks out of place..:mrgreen:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:geek2:I noticed it from the get go but wasn't sure that it was an element that she actually wanted on the design or not until she mentioned it so I never brought it up until she mentioned it. Glad that we all agree that it just looks out of place..:mrgreen:

Haha! I told you to call me out and I wouldn’t get offended :cool2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! I told you to call me out and I wouldn’t get offended :cool2:

:roll2: I know, I know but that last thing that I wanted to do is point out something that might have never been an issue to begin with.:P2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:roll2: I know, I know but that last thing that I wanted to do is point out something that might have never been an issue to begin with.:P2

I’m wondering if I should post my email draft on here so it can be proofread before I send it. I don’t want things to get lost in translation again. :(2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I’m wondering if I should post my email draft on here so it can be proofread before I send it. I don’t want things to get lost in translation again. :(2

;)2Sure if you would like to, that sounds okay by me..:angel:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
What if I did the donut under the center stone for the basket to build off of, like the original design? Then the side baskets wouldn’t need to visually “tie in” via a trellis? :think: I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before. I would *prefer* a flush fit, but it’s not mandatory. Actually, the Maria has donuts under all three stones and her channel set band looks beautiful with it.

Back to the drawing board....literally! :lol-2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
What if I did the donut under the center stone for the basket to build off of, like the original design? Then the side baskets wouldn’t need to visually “tie in” via a trellis? :think: I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before. I would *prefer* a flush fit, but it’s not mandatory. Actually, the Maria has donuts under all three stones and her channel set band looks beautiful with it.

Back to the drawing board....literally! :lol-2:

Okay these are NOT the best but thought that this would give you an idea of a couple of looks. I didnt know what color metal that you are going to be using ie: Yellow Gold, White Gold or Rose Gold but I have been playing around with some of the images that you said were kind of inspirational pieces.. This is what I come up with and have been working on. Maybe it will give you an idea of the different looks that you can achieve. Of course David can combine all the elements and make it look way more cohesive than I ever could but maybe this will help..o_O
Frankie 1.jpg

Frankie 2.jpg

I think that a band would cozy up right next to either one..;)2

P.S.
Dont be afraid to throw tomatoes if they both look terrible to you, LOL!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Also took what you loved about both CAD 1 (The way the Center Basket was) and CAD 4 (The design on side stones) and combined them.. I dont know if any this will help you to convey to DK what you want but maybe it will help.. No funky line across the shank underneath the stones!!:P2

Lemme know your thoughts!;)2

CAD Revised.jpg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Also took what you loved about both CAD 1 (The way the Center Basket was) and CAD 4 (The design on side stones) and combined them.. I dont know if any this will help you to convey to DK what you want but maybe it will help.. No funky line across the shank underneath the stones!!:P2

Lemme know your thoughts!;)2

CAD Revised.jpg

:eek2::eek2::eek2: Holy freaking moly!!!!! You’re amazing! If I knew where you lived, I’d drive there and give you a big hug :kiss2::lol-2:=)2

Ok, for starters how did you do that? I can’t decide which one I like more, but I think you hit the nail on the head. That last one is exactly what I was going to try to send him but I think you did a way better job than I could’ve of getting the point across. Lol!!! I don’t know if I like it, or the one with the donut underneath better now that I have such a great visual. I think the trellis ties everything together better, but I almost prefer the donut.

What do you think? :think:

And THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I owe ya one! :clap::dance::appl:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! :mrgreen2::lol-2: You owe me NOTHING! You are so welcome, I am just a fellow jewelry lover trying to help out a fellow PS'er who also loves jewelry! ;)2
I used to use a photo editing program long time ago and when I changed computers/laptops I lost it. Well I actually still have the CD I just lost the program when I upgraded to a new laptop but the point is I went and downloaded it again so that I could try to help you out with this because I know that you are getting frustrated going back and forth and even though that is part of the process it doesn't have to be a pain.=)2
I knew that you were going to like Frankie 2 and probably the new revised CAD..Personally I love the new revised CAD now that we can actually see what it would look like but I also like Frankie 2 and I would have DK work on both sides of the shank where it comes up to the side stones as I wasn't able to do that because I combined 2 images there to help create that visual for you..

Glad that you like them. Just let me know how I can be of any more help with some ideas that you might have if you change your mind. YES- It helps tremendously to have a visual!:lol:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
These are the images that I used to create those visuals of Frankie 1 and 2:

trellis-pave-set-3-stone-diamond-engagement-ring-162l2.jpg

779D9361-EF8B-425B-96C4-9EBBC7CB1700.jpeg

img_0427.jpg

Attachments

• img_0427.jpg
    img_0427.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 23

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Frankie 2 and Frankie 3 (the revised CAD) are my favorites, I just don’t know which direction I want to go in.

The only hesitation I have with option 2 is I’m not sure how the side stone baskets would attach to the donuts without looking weird. It would be easier if the “swoops” came all the way down and attached to the donut like the Maria and the Ari. The thing is, I like the high disconnected swoops. To me, it’s just different enough that it doesn’t compete and also looks like I’m not trying to copy the middle basket and missed the mark, if that makes sense. If I did Frankie 2, I’d definitely have the shoulders he open cathedral like all the others. I really love that look for some reason.

Oh my gosh. You’re seriously a lifesaver/miracle worker. Now I have to figure out which to send to David. :lol:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:Ok Michelle, you've got 2 votes so far..;)2;)2;)2

LOL, we posted at the same time again!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Adding: if I did do Frankie 3, I might not have it “cross over” under the side baskets. I might have it just be flush with the band with no distinct “cross” or “trellis” pattern. That might alleviate my apprehension with the whole trellis design. I think, to me, it looks too much like I’m trying to mix modern and vintage. Am I crazy? Maybe. Probably.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Frankie 2 and Frankie 3 (the revised CAD) are my favorites, I just don’t know which direction I want to go in.

The only hesitation I have with option 2 is I’m not sure how the side stone baskets would attach to the donuts without looking weird. It would be easier if the “swoops” came all the way down and attached to the donut like the Maria and the Ari. The thing is, I like the high disconnected swoops. To me, it’s just different enough that it doesn’t compete and also looks like I’m not trying to copy the middle basket and missed the mark, if that makes sense. If I did Frankie 2, I’d definitely have the shoulders he open cathedral like all the others. I really love that look for some reason.

Oh my gosh. You’re seriously a lifesaver/miracle worker. Now I have to figure out which to send to David. :lol:

I am sure that DK can use his creative geniuses to figure something out for the swoops to attach to the donut like you want.. I cant help but love Frankie 3 the revised CAD.. I cant get over how well it turned out and how everything about it just seems to flow perfectly from one side to the other! I cant get over how well all those designs even though they are different really come together on that CAD.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Adding: if I did do Frankie 3, I might not have it “cross over” under the side baskets. I might have it just be flush with the band with no distinct “cross” or “trellis” pattern. That might alleviate my apprehension with the whole trellis design. I think, to me, it looks too much like I’m trying to mix modern and vintage. Am I crazy? Maybe. Probably.

Yeah he can fix that.. I wasn't able to do it because both CAD's were layered on top of each other and I had to erase what you disliked from one to reveal what you did like on the other and with that other one being underneath if I would have erased that area it would have revealed that yucky line from CAD 4 that none of us really liked..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure that DK can use his creative geniuses to figure something out for the swoops to attach to the donut like you want.. I cant help but love Frankie 3 the revised CAD.. I cant get over how well it turned out and how everything about it just seems to flow perfectly from one side to the other! I cant get over how well all those designs even though they are different really come together on that CAD.

Well, my daughter said she can’t tell a difference :confused2:

And I agree! I looked at it super close and I was like “omg it’s exactly what I was going to send him!” I just didn’t have the computer program or skills to make it happen. And I hadn’t had a chance today to sit down at my computer and even try.

What if.....I did the donut on the center stone only? :think: I have a pic of a similar-ish example I saw on LADs Instagram of her new fabulous Ring and thats what got me thinking.

A1423A21-C215-433D-A201-4BF21ECB84FE.png

Aaaaaand GO! Lol

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my daughter said she can’t tell a difference :confused2:

And I agree! I looked at it super close and I was like “omg it’s exactly what I was going to send him!” I just didn’t have the computer program or skills to make it happen. And I hadn’t had a chance today to sit down at my computer and even try.

What if.....I did the donut on the center stone only? :think: I have a pic of a similar-ish example I saw on LADs Instagram of her new fabulous Ring and thats what got me thinking.

A1423A21-C215-433D-A201-4BF21ECB84FE.png

Aaaaaand GO! Lol

Girl you crack me up!:mrgreen::mrgreen2::lol-2::lol: I couldn't help but LOL.. I think that it would look a bit like Frankie number 2 without the open part at the bottom of the 2 side stones. Just imagine that as a solid or filled in instead.. I might be opening up a can of worms here:P2 but have you also looked on Pintrest?? There are a lot of beautiful ring ideas on there... ;)2

I had to use the trellis prongs on Frankie number 2 because if you will notice on inspiration pic #2 above those side stones sit very low in relation to the center basket and the design on them was totally opposite of what you liked that was on the 5 stone ring.. Now I probably could lower them some so that they do not stick up so high but I think that you liked that option?:confused:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Girl you crack me up!:mrgreen::mrgreen2::lol-2::lol: I couldn't help but LOL.. I think that it would look a bit like Frankie number 2 without the open part at the bottom of the 2 side stones. Just imagine that as a solid or filled in instead.. I might be opening up a can of worms here:P2 but have you also looked on Pintrest?? There are a lot of beautiful ring ideas on there... ;)2

I had to use the trellis prongs on Frankie number 2 because if you will notice on inspiration pic #2 above those side stones sit very low in relation to the center basket and the design on them was totally opposite of what you liked that was on the 5 stone ring.. Now I probably could lower them some so that they do not stick up so high but I think that you liked that option?:confused:

Oh I’ve spent a loooooot of time on Pinterest. And instagram. And Google. And PS. And WB. It’s ridiculous. And embarrassing.

And yes, you’re right. I do prefer the disconnected swoops on the side stones as opposed to the ones that connect to the band and/or donut. So if I want the higher swoops (from the Resilient) would I be able to do a donut under the side stones (and center stone of course)? Or would it look dumb? Or could I just do the donut under the center stone? Or leave it as is, and do option 3 and shut up :knockout: :lol:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking if I did the donuts, it eliminates any sort of trellis appearance, and that may be more cohesive? Or maybe I’m going about it all wrong and it’ll look worse and cluttered up again. Lol

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I’ve spent a loooooot of time on Pinterest. And instagram. And Google. And PS. And WB. It’s ridiculous. And embarrassing.

And yes, you’re right. I do prefer the disconnected swoops on the side stones as opposed to the ones that connect to the band and/or donut. So if I want the higher swoops (from the Resilient) would I be able to do a donut under the side stones (and center stone of course)? Or would it look dumb? Or could I just do the donut under the center stone? Or leave it as is, and do option 3 and shut up :knockout: :lol:

Well the swoops on the Resilient are kind of at an angle swooping up so I am not sure how that would work to have the donut under the middle with the side stones on that one. If there was a 3 stone ring that you really liked that had the 3 donuts you also have to look at the sides of the shank to see it that might would work with the design elements from Frankie 3 and Frankie CAD. Meaning the side stone details and also the main center basket that you like so much. Like it would need to be Cathedral style or something close to that to tie into the side stones at the top of the shank.. I think that he could do that with Frankie 2. I will have to look at them some more in detail to see. I might have to find a good view of a 3 stone ring to see if we can get all those elements that you want in there to make it look right.

You have to think about what you want from your design and what all different elements are most important to you to have in that design. Like Claw Prongs, 6 and 4 prongs, Basket Detail, Shank Detail, etc.. It can get really complicated if you let it..:mrgreen2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Well the swoops on the Resilient are kind of at an angle swooping up so I am not sure how that would work to have the donut under the middle with the side stones on that one. If there was a 3 stone ring that you really liked that had the 3 donuts you also have to look at the sides of the shank to see it that might would work with the design elements from Frankie 3 and Frankie CAD. Meaning the side stone details and also the main center basket that you like so much. Like it would need to be Cathedral style or something close to that to tie into the side stones at the top of the shank.. I think that he could do that with Frankie 2. I will have to look at them some more in detail to see. I might have to find a good view of a 3 stone ring to see if we can get all those elements that you want in there to make it look right.

You have to think about what you want from your design and what all different elements are most important to you to have in that design. Like Claw Prongs, 6 and 4 prongs, Basket Detail, Shank Detail, etc.. It can get really complicated if you let it..:mrgreen2:

I’ve let it. :cry: I emailed him and told him I was thinking and I’d get back to him with edits. Luckily there’s no rush.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve let it. :cry: I emailed him and told him I was thinking and I’d get back to him with edits. Luckily there’s no rush.

Okay hun, keep hanging in there. I am looking too for you, so now I know where you got your migraines from, LOL:lol::mrgreen2::lol-2:

At least you have an extra set of eyes helping!!:geek2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Okay hun, keep hanging in there. I am looking too for you, so now I know where you got your migraines from, LOL:lol::mrgreen2::lol-2:

At least you have an extra set of eyes helping!!:geek2:

And I SO appreciate that!!!! You have no idea. It’s obvious you have an eye for design and details so thank you so so so much!!!! I’m really liking Frankie 2 with the donut at least under the center. Maybe under all 3 if it can be executed properly. I’m doing research now trying to find inspo pics. :sleep:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Well try as I might I couldn't get this 3 donut one to look just right but at least I did try. I took one of the photos that you posted earlier, I think it is on page 2 of a 3 stone that had the 3 donuts design and used it with Frankie 1 & 2 an this is how it turned out.. Personally I think that you might be better off not having 3 donuts there but again it is personal preference. Apply named: Donut... LOL:lol-2:

Donut.jpg

**I am not a jewelry designer by any means but I used to dabble in graphic design a bit many years ago..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Well try as I might I couldn't get this 3 donut one to look just right but at least I did try. I took one of the photos that you posted earlier, I think it is on page 2 of a 3 stone that had the 3 donuts design and used it with Frankie 1 & 2 an this is how it turned out.. Personally I think that you might be better off not having 3 donuts there but again it is personal preference. Apply named: Donut... LOL:lol-2:

Donut.jpg

**I am not a jewelry designer by any means but I used to dabble in graphic design a bit many years ago..

Thank you again!!! I don’t know why, but for some reason I really like it! I can imagine what it would look like and I think I prefer it over the trellis look. Am I crazy? :lol: To me, it seems like a more appropriate option considering the style of the baskets. Before, I felt like I was mixing two very different aesthetics and it felt off to me. I need to stare at them some more. And drink some coffee. o_O

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again!!! I don’t know why, but for some reason I really like it! I can imagine what it would look like and I think I prefer it over the trellis look. Am I crazy? :lol: To me, it seems like a more appropriate option considering the style of the baskets. Before, I felt like I was mixing two very different aesthetics and it felt off to me. I need to stare at them some more. And drink some coffee. o_O

Well it is a very poor representation;( of what could look very nice but :snooty: No, you are not crazy. You like what you like ;)2 and it can be very helpful to get an idea (actual visual) of what something might look like before it is actually made and cant be undone. It can also be helpful to DK to give him a better idea of what to do with your CAD so that you are happy with the end result.

I think that with the technology that we have today and the tools to use that the sky is the limit when it comes to making and customizing jewelry. Pretty much anything can be done and put together to make something your very own. I have seen custom pieces that were a mix of old and new world styles (Modern and Vintage) so it is all up to the creator.:mrgreen2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It was a good enough representation for me to wake up, open my eyes, grab my phone, pull up PS and gasp! :geek2:

I think I’ll take the modified CAD that you did (Frankie 3) and try to just add little donuts on the bottom to see what it looks like. That would be a pretty easy way to visualize it. The center basket will be raised slightly because of it, but I can burn that bridge when I get to it. :P2

I had a couple users over on WB suggest I keep the side stone donuts elongated/teardrop/leaf shaped but I’m not sure how that would work. In my experience, the donut is typically the same shape as the stone itself. Which is why they’re elongated in the mock up because those were pear shaped side stones. I think they were thinking about the fluidity and curves of it, but again, I’m having a hard time getting a visual. :confused2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
It was a good enough representation for me to wake up, open my eyes, grab my phone, pull up PS and gasp! :geek2:

I think I’ll take the modified CAD that you did (Frankie 3) and try to just add little donuts on the bottom to see what it looks like. That would be a pretty easy way to visualize it. The center basket will be raised slightly because of it, but I can burn that bridge when I get to it. :P2

I had a couple users over on WB suggest I keep the side stone donuts elongated/teardrop/leaf shaped but I’m not sure how that would work. In my experience, the donut is typically the same shape as the stone itself. Which is why they’re elongated in the mock up because those were pear shaped side stones. I think they were thinking about the fluidity and curves of it, but again, I’m having a hard time getting a visual. :confused2:

Well I am glad that it helped..;)2 I agree with you that I don't think that the donuts are going to work in that shape because those were pear shaped stones and I didn't even realize why the baskets for them were sitting so low until I researched the photo to find more views of it and then I said "well that explains that!" So yes in essence since you will be using round stones you will have round donuts underneath them if you choose that style.

:geek2:I cant wait until you get (what will hopefully for you) the last CAD from DK. I cant wait to see it with your added donuts in the under-gallery and then the finished product.:mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results