shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Diamond for 40th Wedding Anniversary

mchap

Rough_Rock
The 2ct HP F is amazing :kiss2:
I know most on here like WF and that is why I hesitated. Becca from WF got back to me. She pulled the F 2.048, E 2.055 and E 2.077. We ruled out the D. She mentioned in her email that the crystal in the F is white and I believe she can see it at 6 inches. I will post what she said and also the photo of all 3 together. She also said there may be an F VS1 coming up and will have more details tomorrow. I really appreciate all of your help and curious what you think about the comment she made below.

"For the F VS2 I can let you know the central crystal is white in color and if I knew just where to look it was something I could see around 6 inches away from the top. It’s good to keep in mind that this is just about how close most people can focus and it’s nothing something I’d ever say would be noticeable under a more casual observation."

Here are the photos. The E 2.055 closest to her palm, F 2.048 in the middle and E 2.077 next.

2.055ct E VS1_2.048ct F VS2_2.077ct E VS1_2.jpg 2.055ct E VS1_2.048ct F VS2_2.077ct E VS1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.055ct E VS1_2.048ct F VS2_2.077ct E VS1_2.jpg
    2.055ct E VS1_2.048ct F VS2_2.077ct E VS1_2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.055ct E VS1_2.048ct F VS2_2.077ct E VS1.jpg
    2.055ct E VS1_2.048ct F VS2_2.077ct E VS1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 13

mchap

Rough_Rock
Yes, the F is nice as well. I just prefer the E because it looks so nice and brighter and I like the video performance as well as the hearts image, but the difference is so minute it doesn't justify the 10K price hike.
Thanks again. Can you look at the comment WF made about the F stone? Is that a worry?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again. Can you look at the comment WF made about the F stone? Is that a worry?
Yeah again I like that E because it looks very bright even in the above photo.
If budget is of no concern, then I'd choose that, but is that worth an extra 10K?
As far as Becca's comment is concerned, she must be quite young to be able to focus at 6" because I could no longer do that although I USED TO have a hawk vision. :geek:
If her remark concerns you at all especially given that it's a VS2, then I'd wait for additional stock.

HPD is also a good option for the proportions but I'm really not liking the quality of the available scope photos (IS image almost looks painted) and the video for the cost, so I'd stick with Whiteflash for additional options since you're budget conscious.

mchap

Rough_Rock
Thanks again! I will talk with Becca today to get clarity on the F VS2 to see what she is seeing in the stone. She also may have found an ACA F 2 carat in the pipeline for me.

It has been mentioned in the forum that WF is low in inventory. Would that include ACA 2.0 F color?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Low inventory generally references particular carat weight rather than color/clarity. I would ask Becca if they have several stones coming in or just one in your preferred size range.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I actually thought that was the case too. That AGS uses negligible instead of none like GIA.

Actually, “negligible” is the range from none to just under medium.

This is an AGS negligible - sorry bad picture quality, but ....

F69B9627-83E6-4184-8EB9-79FDADA45D93.jpeg

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, “negligible” is the range from none to just under medium.

This is an AGS negligible - sorry bad picture quality, but ....

F69B9627-83E6-4184-8EB9-79FDADA45D93.jpeg

Oh ok! Thanks for the info!!

mchap

Rough_Rock
Any help would be appreciated with our final decision. We talked with WF and today and there are 3 options and would really like your input.

We like this diamond and they have it on reserve. Many on the forum liked it. A little out of what we wanted to spend but it is a one time purchase. WF is actually putting together a package for this E VS1 stone and it includes the Vatche Platinum U-133 wedding set. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4006547.htm

They also found a diamond in the pipeline that is an ACA, F Color, VSI, Minimum 2.10. There are no photos or anything yet. They would have to send it out to AGS and it should be ready in about 2 weeks. They offered us a package for $40K that includes the Vatche Platinum U-133 wedding set. (value $3200)

These are our 3 options:

1) Put $1,000 on the F stone and wait and see if we like it. (The E stone would not be reserved)

2) Purchase the F VS1 Stone and setting for $40K by tomorrow. If we do this they will hold the E VS1 stone until after we see the F stone. If we don't like the F stone the money would go toward the E that they reserved.

3) Just buy the E VSI Stone.

Below is the email from WF today:

" I do have some news on a new stone that is currently in the end stages of work with our cutters. It will be, at minimum, a 2.10ct F VS1 that will be an A CUT ABOVE diamond that we can have ready and to us in around 2 weeks as it would still need to go to AGS to get its report. If this diamond would be something that you’d be interested in then our diamond team let me know that we’d be able to give you a package price of $40k with wire payment and that price would include the Platinum U-113 wedding set. In order to take advantage of this offer we’d simply need a $1000 deposit today to let our cutters know that we’d like to move ahead with that option. You’d still retain the ability to change up the diamond if when we provide the inspection images and video and it not be something you’d want to go for, though we don’t suspect this will be the case."

We are excited to finally get the diamond and thank you all for your help with this.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should go with option 2. That way if for some reason you don’t like the F colored stone, you still have the E on hold.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Any help would be appreciated with our final decision. We talked with WF and today and there are 3 options and would really like your input.

We like this diamond and they have it on reserve. Many on the forum liked it. A little out of what we wanted to spend but it is a one time purchase. WF is actually putting together a package for this E VS1 stone and it includes the Vatche Platinum U-133 wedding set. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4006547.htm

They also found a diamond in the pipeline that is an ACA, F Color, VSI, Minimum 2.10. There are no photos or anything yet. They would have to send it out to AGS and it should be ready in about 2 weeks. They offered us a package for $40K that includes the Vatche Platinum U-133 wedding set. (value $3200)

These are our 3 options:

1) Put $1,000 on the F stone and wait and see if we like it. (The E stone would not be reserved)

2) Purchase the F VS1 Stone and setting for $40K by tomorrow. If we do this they will hold the E VS1 stone until after we see the F stone. If we don't like the F stone the money would go toward the E that they reserved.

3) Just buy the E VSI Stone.

Below is the email from WF today:

" I do have some news on a new stone that is currently in the end stages of work with our cutters. It will be, at minimum, a 2.10ct F VS1 that will be an A CUT ABOVE diamond that we can have ready and to us in around 2 weeks as it would still need to go to AGS to get its report. If this diamond would be something that you’d be interested in then our diamond team let me know that we’d be able to give you a package price of $40k with wire payment and that price would include the Platinum U-113 wedding set. In order to take advantage of this offer we’d simply need a $1000 deposit today to let our cutters know that we’d like to move ahead with that option. You’d still retain the ability to change up the diamond if when we provide the inspection images and video and it not be something you’d want to go for, though we don’t suspect this will be the case."

We are excited to finally get the diamond and thank you all for your help with this.

Just chiming in to say I suggest option 2 ... just because it keeps all of your buying options safe.

It is my understanding that a custom cut is not eligible for refund but still qualifies for the trade up policy. Not sure if that concerns you or not. The nice thing is that, if the F grades higher, you pay no extra but you can still get a refund if it grades lower.

For me, I added the stipulation of no fluorescence.

What option are you going with?

You’re getting so close! Yay!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Not much bargain for the F stone in the pipeline...
I'd try politely haggling for the E with a setting thrown in and see what they say.
If they refuse, then go with the F so that you have the E still on hold. You always have an option to upgrade with Whiteflash.

mchap

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! My husband and I were talking this morning about the best option. We like the E a lot and debating on whether to wait for the F. I know BlueMa likes the E stone too! BlueMa, Kmoro and others do you think I could do better? Am I missing anything?

I am not sure if the F stone is considered a custom or not and thanks for letting me know you cannot return it. I was surprised that the F stone was not much cheaper than the E. The savings between the 2 stones would be about $4K-5K. I am not sure if the cutters are right there and custom cutting it. Becca said it would be an ACA. So you are saying when AGS certifies it the diamond could become a 'G' or an 'E'?

I always wanted a high quality diamond and over time the extra money will not matter to us. We had a budget but willing to go over for the perfect stone. I would not upgrade after this purchase. This is the one I will cherish.

So my question this morning is. Should I just buy the E (sure thing)? Is it a great diamond? Or take a look at the F (we are curious and it could grade higher) The F would have to beat how the E looked as far as cut, clarity. Price would not play a factor at this point.

And thanks BlueMa for the suggestion about haggling the price to include the setting. Becca said they were going to put together a package for the E Stone and Setting together.

I am so anxious this morning. WF wants an answer today!

Here is the E Stone for reference. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4006547.htm

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the F stone in the pipeline would be considered a custom cut stone. It is simply in the works and they would give you first dibs on it. The E color stone is fabulous - great color, clarity and cut. I do like option 2 as it gives you leeway but unless the F stone at 2.10 interests you more in terms of size, I would be strongly drawn to the E stone. Money is money and I realize there could be cost savings with the F stone. I couldn't imagine the F stone being any prettier than the E but if size and/or money are very important to you, then option 2.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! My husband and I were talking this morning about the best option. We like the E a lot and debating on whether to wait for the F. I know BlueMa likes the E stone too! BlueMa, Kmoro and others do you think I could do better? Am I missing anything?

I am not sure if the F stone is considered a custom or not and thanks for letting me know you cannot return it. I was surprised that the F stone was not much cheaper than the E. The savings between the 2 stones would be about $4K-5K. I am not sure if the cutters are right there and custom cutting it. Becca said it would be an ACA. So you are saying when AGS certifies it the diamond could become a 'G' or an 'E'?

I always wanted a high quality diamond and over time the extra money will not matter to us. We had a budget but willing to go over for the perfect stone. I would not upgrade after this purchase. This is the one I will cherish.

So my question this morning is. Should I just buy the E (sure thing)? Is it a great diamond? Or take a look at the F (we are curious and it could grade higher) The F would have to beat how the E looked as far as cut, clarity. Price would not play a factor at this point.

And thanks BlueMa for the suggestion about haggling the price Becca said they were going to put together a package for the E Stone and Setting together.

Here is the E Stone for reference. https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4006547.htm

I am sorry for misleading you in any way! I was thinking about this some more and realized that it is probably not a custom cut ... aaaand, if it was, Whiteflash would have made that clear, along with the non-returnable status.

However, I do believe I am correct in saying that they are guaranteeing that it is 2.10 F VS1 “at minimum” ... and there is a chance it can grade higher when al is done .. it may be a small chance though, as I imagine that the measurements are pretty accurate. If it comes back lower, then you’ll be back at negotiating ... I would suspect that they err on the side of caution though.

At the end of the day, I do think the E is amazing and I can’t imagine that you would have any regrets whatsoever. With E color, you will never once look at it and wonder if you can see some tint (assuming that you don’t want to, lol). And the cut really is to die for, imo.

The thing is ... the same will likely be true for the F.

The things I would suggest you consider are: will you be happy with F vs E or vice versa? Would you like that small bump in size? Are the savings worth delaying the final product?

I just realized that I’m not really helping.

I think that I’m with MissGotRocks above ...

Wishing you the best!

Please keep us posted!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock

And thanks BlueMa for the suggestion about haggling the price to include the setting. Becca said they were going to put together a package for the E Stone and Setting together.

If WF offers a package for the E, I'd go for it. They're probably wiling to do that because it's a E stone with less demand thus far due to the cost.
It's a great bright stone with a lot of sparkles.
You want a gorgeous stone and be done with it, then that should do it.

Only wait for the F if a slight size increase seems intriguing but I'm pretty sure the cut won't be any better than E. This is especially because there isn't much of price break for the F stone.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely go for option 2 but after they provide the package price for E that way you know what the exact difference is - like kmoro said, it keeps your options open without losing anything (and buys you a bit more time to decide!). The E will remain on hold and if the F comes back with specs that you don't prefer, you could always switch back to the E. On the flip side, the F may come back slightly larger and/or better color and/or better clarity because they are guaranteeing 2.1 F VS1 at a min and you've already locked in a price.

mchap

Rough_Rock
The difference between the E and F is $3200. That is with the E package.

Wire price would be cheaper but not really comfortable with that.

They guarantee the F would be F VS1 2.10. Bigger size does not matter.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
The difference between the E and F is $3200. That is with the E package.

Wire price would be cheaper but not really comfortable with that.

They guarantee the F would be F VS1 2.10. Bigger size does not matter.

The wire price is a real cost saving I hope you don't ignore. I know it's a bit scary the first time online, but Whiteflash is a very trustworthy vendor so I highly suggest it. I would feel just as cautious as you with other less well known vendors, including international transactions.

I like everything about the E and it's a picture PERFECT ideal balanced cut, and given an AGS F color could possibly be a GIA F or G, I'd go ahead with the E especially since you're not so keen on the little cost savings nor the size difference while wanting a one and done deal.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with blueMA. The E is a known quantity and it is beautiful.

I always do the wire price. Just go to the bank, give them the info WF gives you and they send the money for a $25 fee. WF has a refund policy so no worries there. I wouldn't skip that savings either!

mchap

Rough_Rock
I am checking the forum from work! Thanks for all of your help. I trust all of your opinions and will do the wire price. And I live in RI so there is no tax.

I think I will go with the E. The price with the setting is $43,700. Do you think this is reasonable for this particular stone?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wire price goes up to 3096.24 for a 2+ carat stone. Would Vatche make you pay that difference in price?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I am checking the forum from work! Thanks for all of your help. I trust all of your opinions and will do the wire price. And I live in RI so there is no tax.

I think I will go with the E. The price with the setting is $43,700. Do you think this is reasonable for this particular stone?
Is this the set you're interested in? I see the wire price mentioned as $3096.24
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...6-prong-solitaire-wedding-set-2824.htm#size=6

Of the superideal vendors, Whiteflash offers one of the more reasonable cost for the quality. If you feel like you're getting a good package deal, then you should feel safe going ahead.

mchap

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone, I just ordered the E VS1 2.055 diamond! The package saved about $2500. And the engraving and appraisal will be free. Also we do not have tax in Rhode Island. I am so fortunate to have talked with all of you and would not have been able to get this diamond alone. We are very excited! Phew!! Maureen

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone, I just ordered the E VS1 2.055 diamond! The package saved about $2500. And the engraving and appraisal will be free. Also we do not have tax in Rhode Island. I am so fortunate to have talked with all of you and would not have been able to get this diamond alone. We are very excited! Phew!! Maureen

Congratulations!
I've checked other superideal vendor stock and didn't see any good contenders at E VS1 level nor others that looked particularly more promising. I think you'll be very happy with your ring!
One condition though - you know that we need you to come back with your photos, right?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS on your forever diamond. Can’t wait to see tons of pics.

mchap

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!
I've checked other superideal vendor stock and didn't see any good contenders at E VS1 level nor others that looked particularly more promising. I think you'll be very happy with your ring!
One condition though - you know that we need you to come back with your photos, right?

Thanks bluema for all of your help. I will definitely come back with photos! You were so helpful and I know you really liked this ring. It helped me with my decision, especially when you said that it not only had a great cut, brilliance, etc but that it was rare. And I really wanted that.

mchap

Rough_Rock
I do have a question and not sure if I should create a new post. I am getting the Vache 6 prong in platinum (U-113). The prongs look a little clunky and it could just be the photo. Becca and WF say that some people ask that they be made more delicate. So another decision. Any thoughts?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
but that it was rare
I don't remember saying that but I do love the proportions. ACA stones are pretty much all guaranteed performers, but they do have slight different personalities. It's what I'd pick for myself because I love brighter stones, and that stone is a sparkler!
Most people would LOVE to own an E stone if can be afforded, and you picked a great one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results