shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CAD Drawing

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So...turn your obsession to the proposal. I know you were bummed out that she was involved in the ring design (although I think that was 150% the right call). I would not make her wait long...

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
So...turn your obsession to the proposal. I know you were bummed out that she was involved in the ring design (although I think that was 150% the right call). I would not make her wait long...

Yes you are right, I should start planning the proposal part.

With customs etc should be give me a month's time.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if you two like the outdoors, but I'm a fan of a day-hike with a proposal at the top of a mountain/cliff with a great view.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if you two like the outdoors, but I'm a fan of a day-hike with a proposal at the top of a mountain/cliff with a great view.

Shes a fan of outdoors but I am abit of a couch potato.

Was thinking of doing an outdoor proposal as well since have alot of nice hikes in NZ. Plus summer is coming so the weather is better suited.

Just need to find a hike that is not packed.

She also loves risking her life so the latter option is something around skydiving but my heart is not ready for that.:D

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shes a fan of outdoors but I am abit of a couch potato.

Was thinking of doing an outdoor proposal as well since have alot of nice hikes in NZ. Plus summer is coming so the weather is better suited.

Just need to find a hike that is not packed.

She also loves risking her life so the latter option is something around skydiving but my heart is not ready for that.:D

She sounds like my DH! How about a nice more comfortable walk with a surprise picnic and a great bottle of wine. Just don't hide the ring in food...too many stories of that going wrong. Some easy to carry food that won't be crazy messy, but includes some treats for both of you. Bring along a selfie stick to capture the moment.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock

She sounds like my DH! How about a nice more comfortable walk with a surprise picnic and a great bottle of wine. Just don't hide the ring in food...too many stories of that going wrong. Some easy to carry food that won't be crazy messy, but includes some treats for both of you. Bring along a selfie stick to capture the moment.

Or maybe for the proposal it can be one of those where she thinks I am putting the camera on timer but I am actually recording. I will need to have a think and see what others have done.

Simple proposal yet thoughtful would suit my style better. I am not good with surprises.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Or maybe for the proposal it can be one of those where she thinks I am putting the camera on timer but I am actually recording. I will need to have a think and see what others have done.

Simple proposal yet thoughtful would suit my style better. I am not good with surprises.

Another way to capture the moment is hire a photographer that is skilled in outdoor settings and have them take photos from afar then whe she accepts have the photographer come out to do a mini shoot! When we did out engagement photos my hubby thought I was crazy but I found a guy who had done several shoots at a national reserve in Connecticut (we live in Texas so we flew out on a vacation) him and his assistant were totally down for hiking up this small mountain for great shoots.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Sigh, I don't know why my request is so hard to follow. I will see what WF says.

Out of curiosity I asked what the tapered width is. The taper of the ring only tapers slightly down to 1.9mm.

The legato sleek tapers down much more according to the last post here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sierra-vs-sleek-like-legato.136211/

Why is it so hard to look at the legato and keep the shank the same?

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Clarified it will look the same phew!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great to me!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We love to help! I think a profile shot would be nice to confirm, but it looks perfect so far.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if it is angle or my mind playing tricks. The left and right triangle gap looks different to one another?

6-Prong-Legato-Sleek-Line-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_49459_33872_ttr.jpg 6-Prong-Legato-Sleek-Line-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_49459_33872_side.jpg

I think it was photographed with the ring turned just a teensy bit and not perfectly straight. It looks really nice!

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
I think it was photographed with the ring turned just a teensy bit and not perfectly straight. It looks really nice!

Thank you for your reassurance and compliment! Shipping today.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reassurance and compliment! Shipping today.

No problem! Can't wait to see it!!! Please come back and post photos!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
turned out beautiful!!!! :love:

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Confirmed no issues on the triangle gap in person. Thanks for the compliments, will update once I get it.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the silence. I was busy planning for the proposal and am glad to say she said yes!

We didn't have a photographer with us but I picked a location that is secluded and meaningful.

Under the guise of having a dinner with our mutual friend , she decided to get her nails done. I decided to pay for it and thought she was suspicious but luckily not. She did get suspicious later when I was quite fixated on where I wanted our walk to be. I had hidden the ring in my jacket yesterday that had been in my car for awhile. It was cloudy and rainy which was what I had been fretting over but the moment we reached the location, the sun came out and everything went well.

The speech I had prepared went out the window and I had shortened it from my nervousness. After some tears she said yes and I fumbled to put the ring on. Took a stroll at the beach and finished off with dining at where we had our first valentines day dinner.

Without further ado, some pictures from the day.
20171028_154748.jpg
20171028_163646.jpg

Last edited:

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It look incredible! Congratulations Sean_T!:D:D:D

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a special proposal! The ring turned out beautifully and looks great on her!! :love::appl:Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring and proposal were/are perfect!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! Perfect ring and perfect proposal. The ring looks amazing on her!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results