shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CAD Drawing

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice job on the proposal. Congrats!! The ring is beautiful!

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all! I will get some images of the ring by itself. Whiteflash did an awesome job.

Wouldn't have a semi custom ring that ticked all the boxes without all your help. I have been more obsessive over the diamond than her though... should get an asscher for myself :oops:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! I will get some images of the ring by itself. Whiteflash did an awesome job.

Wouldn't have a semi custom ring that ticked all the boxes without all your help. I have been more obsessive over the diamond than her though... should get an asscher for myself :oops:

Haha! Once she gets a chance to compare hers to others, I think she'll even be more amazed. You absolutely need an asscher! This asscher tension set is awesome.

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-mens-asscher-cut-diamond-ring

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
My SO finds the ring a little loose. Not sure if it is normal? Hoping it will be fine once there is a wedding band to hold it in place. Which also makes me nervous to buy a band from WF where she cannot try it.

If she puts the ring on her right hand it fits perfect.

Attachments

• 20171029_000916.jpg
    20171029_000916.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171029_000506.jpg
    20171029_000506.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20171029_100329.jpg
    20171029_100329.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 15

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SO finds the ring a little loose. Not sure if it is normal? Hoping it will be fine once there is a wedding band to hold it in place. Which also makes me nervous to buy a band from WF where she cannot try it.

If she puts the ring on her right hand it fits perfect.
It may be a tiny bit big, but a band will tighten it up.

In the meantime, she can just add a thin silver band to either side. I actually do this all the time as my fingers change quite a bit due to heat. You can buy two of these in the next whole size down (i.e., if she's a 6.5...get two that are size 6). The silver won't hurt the setting. Cheap and easy. They are really thin, so will bend if worn alone...but I've managed to keep them pretty round (I actually make my own, but they are identical to these).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FSULYWO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For her forever band...I would do is visit a tourist shop that has loads of bands. She can try every ring on until she finds a good width (along the finger) and size. Once she gets one she likes, you can mail that to WF and tell them to match than inner diameter. It may be a god-awful looking band, but that's ok. You are just looking for a sizing and thickness match.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
It may be a tiny bit big, but a band will tighten it up.

In the meantime, she can just add a thin silver band to either side. I actually do this all the time as my fingers change quite a bit due to heat. You can buy two of these in the next whole size down (i.e., if she's a 6.5...get two that are size 6). The silver won't hurt the setting. Cheap and easy. They are really thin, so will bend if worn alone...but I've managed to keep them pretty round (I actually make my own, but they are identical to these).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FSULYWO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For her forever band...I would do is visit a tourist shop that has loads of bands. She can try every ring on until she finds a good width (along the finger) and size. Once she gets one she likes, you can mail that to WF and tell them to match than inner diameter. It may be a god-awful looking band, but that's ok. You are just looking for a sizing and thickness match.

Thanks for the recommendation. She is now in the classroom and says the ring fits nicely now that her hands are warm.

She doesn't usually wear accessories on her finger. I will see what she feels after she has worn it for some time.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh....swelly finger syndrome. :lol-2: I have that. So, I have a few of those little silver bands in my change purse to tuck on the outside of stack when my hands get cold.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, so beautiful!

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Just got the ring valuated as the insurance only wanted to insure me for invoiced price less GST.

Valuated at 21.7k vs paid price of 14k NZD inc tax and duty.
Since the insurance premium stays the same, no harm done. But the valuation report is very brief, If I do lose the ring will the insurance company just find me any triple X diamond as it technically is an equivalent without fussing over diamond angles pavilion etc.?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got the ring valuated as the insurance only wanted to insure me for invoiced price less GST.

Valuated at 21.7k vs paid price of 14k NZD inc tax and duty.
Since the insurance premium stays the same, no harm done. But the valuation report is very brief, If I do lose the ring will the insurance company just find me any triple X diamond as it technically is an equivalent without fussing over diamond angles pavilion etc.?

You will typically have a choice in the new stone but you purchased a branded cut so I would definitely make sure that is noted on the paperwork as the insurance will not look at diamonds. What insurance did you go with? Maybe someone here can give advice for that

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will typically have a choice in the new stone but you purchased a branded cut so I would definitely make sure that is noted on the paperwork as the insurance will not look at diamonds. What insurance did you go with? Maybe someone here can give advice for that
I would definitely get a valuation/appraisal that states that you’ve got a branded stone with the specific parameters. Otherwise your insurance try to replace with any cheap stone they can come up with that broadly meets the parameters. Given that GIA and ACA are not the norm here in NZ, you need to protect the effort and money you put into finding a stellar stone.
My ering appraisal has photos and detailed measurements of the stones (as set) and the weight/cost/detail of the setting so is very specific.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go back to the appraiser and request that they edit the report to add more details in the narrative like "1.161 round brilliant diamond graded by AGS as I VS2, branded as "A Cut Above", with a table of 54.8%, Crown Angle of 34.8 degrees, pavilion angle of 40.6, depth 61.9%, with a thin to slightly thick faceted girdle. The Angular Spectrum Evaluation Tool image on the AGSL Proprietary Light Performance Diamond Quality Document and additional image provided shows edge to edge brightness. The Hearts and Arrows Image...". You get my drift. Get the appraiser to really detail why this diamond is not in that 90% to provide a narrow field of "like" kind and quality.

I would also print out and provide the assessor information from WF, HPD and BGD about a super-ideal diamond.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all... I have emailed the valuer and explained ACA. Also provided link.

Below is a snap of the valuation. I googled around and most valuation is just as basic.
upload_2017-11-13_1-7-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-13_1-6-24.png
    upload_2017-11-13_1-6-24.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 18
  • upload_2017-11-13_1-7-9.png
    upload_2017-11-13_1-7-9.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 18

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Below is a snap of the valuation. I googled around and most valuation is just as basic.
Oh my that is basic. Well, see if you can get them to add the details I suggested in the narrative. There's lots of room in the comment field. What a journey this has been for you!

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Oh my that is basic. Well, see if you can get them to add the details I suggested in the narrative. There's lots of room in the comment field. What a journey this has been for you!

Yes :(. Will see what he comes back with. Sorting this out and planning wedding for two countries where we were originally from - Malaysia and Singapore.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
@rockysalamander so I was browsing tiffany & co with my SO as she wanted to buy a necklace.

Ended up ordering the necklace and wedding band. I didn't even plan on it but duty free makes it tempting as shes flying soon. We are getting the wedding band at size 4.5, whereas the engagement ring is a size 5 and slightly loose most of the time. Is there anything we need to consider, is it a bad idea to get 0.5 smaller?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I’ve seen that appraiser’s reports before items on Trademe. Pretty damn basic and that would not help you with insurance replacements

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
@foxinsox do you have an appraiser you would recommend?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox do you have an appraiser you would recommend?
The guy I used has retired sadly - I was referred to him by Polished Diamonds, a company in Christchurch who resized my ering for me.
But I also think I would call your insurance company and ask them the specifics of your policy with respect to claiming and how they determine what you get. I would run them through what you have and use that to determine what sort of appraisal will best fit your requirements. It may actually be that the record of sale from Whiteflash and the specifications plus ACA brand designation would actually cover you for what you need.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander Haven't been back for awhile.. has been full on.

Just bought a Tiff&Co band: https://imgur.com/OGVZrEb

Side note, one of her friends commented the ring looks smaller than 1ct :angryfire:

Nice band. Not so nice friend...people say the damnedest things. Sometimes, they are really catty jealousy statements. But, it is often that people have no idea how to translate from visual size to weight. If she's used to seeing bad-cut stones, then she'd underestimate the weight. So, you can feel bad for her..:mrgreen2::lol-2:

p.s. Nice to hear from you @Sean_T !!

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Nice band. Not so nice friend...people say the damnedest things. Sometimes, they are really catty jealousy statements. But, it is often that people have no idea how to translate from visual size to weight. If she's used to seeing bad-cut stones, then she'd underestimate the weight. So, you can feel bad for her..:mrgreen2::lol-2:

p.s. Nice to hear from you @Sean_T !!

Thanks!

Yes it wasn't even a situation where my SO was showing her ring. She literally got on the taxi with her friend and thats what she commented.

The ring looks smaller than hers which is under 1ct. And noted it must be quite cheap. Quite weird as she is usually more tactful.

I am now looking for a band for myself but hard to find nice ones. They all look similar.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhh. What are you looking for? Need some help??? :geek2:

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Ooooohhhh. What are you looking for? Need some help??? :geek2:

6mm+
I like it flat on the surface
Preferably platinum

I don't really have preference beyond this.

Have looked at tiff and co, and cartier but designs are quite normal.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, do you want just a plain, flat band or something with some stons or etching? My DH wear a titanium band, but it picked is laregly because it had some color and interest. He needs to replace his band as its a wee bit too tight 16 years later (ahm), so here are few he liked.

His current ring
upload_2018-2-7_20-11-36.png

upload_2018-2-7_20-4-40.png
https://www.etsy.com/listing/245007118/mens-platinum-rose-gold-wedding-ring?ref=shop_home_active_1

Anything Mokume Gane
upload_2018-2-7_20-7-17.png
https://www.etsy.com/listing/243625426/14k-rose-gold-14k-palladium-white-gold?ref=shop_home_active_4

Flat with stones
upload_2018-2-7_20-13-1.png ]
upload_2018-2-7_20-13-34.png
upload_2018-2-7_20-13-53.png
(I'd do a french cut over baguette if Yoram had one)

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-7_20-6-26.png
    upload_2018-2-7_20-6-26.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 14
  • upload_2018-2-7_20-10-11.png
    upload_2018-2-7_20-10-11.png
    224 KB · Views: 12
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results