shape
carat
color
clarity

Sierra vs. Sleek Like Legato

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baleboy

Rough_Rock

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re both pretty so either one is nice. I''d choose the Sierra.

Roxie Bling

Rough_Rock
Trade
+1 for the Sierra. I like the prongs and the look of the basket.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the sierra.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a tough call. I just got my stone set in the Legato, but when I got the ring, I thought the shank of the ring was a little too wide at 2.5mm. So I had WF shave down the band to 2mm, and now I think it''s perfect. I believe the Sierra is a standard 2mm shank, which I think is such a great compliment to the setting. I wasn''t sure this was going to be my forever setting, so I opted for the Legato to save a few dollars, although I did drool a little over the Sierra - it looks so beautiful! Here a link to my Legato. The original ring is on the first page, and then I posted a couple of pics of the thinned out shank on the second page. Hope that helps! I know this can be a tough decision!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-2-40-j-si-insurance-replacement.134960/

baleboy

Rough_Rock
Jill,

Did Whiteflash charge you a seperate "custom" fee to reduce the shank?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the sierra!

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
I''d probably get a custom job featuring the tapered band of the Legato, and the split-claw prongs of the Sierra. But that''s to suit my own tastes. :3

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
Some people have reported on this forum that a 4 prong setting makes "smaller stones" look square vs. 6 prong.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 11:10:56 AM
Author: baleboy
Jill,

Did Whiteflash charge you a seperate ''custom'' fee to reduce the shank?
I have asked about such changes an was told that there was not an extra fee for the request I was making, but always best to call and ask.

I have the legato sleek line and it is gorgeous with your size diamond. While I like the sierra, I would not spend the extra $750 myself. I would get the legato and shave down the shank like Jill did.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
But are very beautiful! The Sierra is gorgeous, shank, head and prongs. But I also love what Jill did to her Sleek line, I think it makes the stone POP, and also the legato head is a beauty! So I''m torn but leaning towards Sleek Line legato w/ modicfication to a thinner band, I think it will compliment your .93 for sure.
2.gif
Best of luck!
1.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 11:10:56 AM
Jill,

Did Whiteflash charge you a seperate ''custom'' fee to reduce the shank?

Well my story is a little complicated. I had purchased the Legato setting for my 1.97 stone and when I upgraded, I was charged for a new head to accommodate the larger stone and I also asked that they shave down the shank while it was there. There wasn''t any additional charges on my invoice, other than to replace the head. So I received the ring, but WF had forgotten to shave down the shank. They were more than gracious, though, and paid to have my ring sent back to them for the thinning which was completely free of charge.

If you can get them to shave down the shank of the Legato, then I think the basic difference between the Legato and Sierra are the head and prongs. In my mind, I''m not sure I could justify paying the additional $500 for a different head and prongs. But the Sierra is pretty, so if what you love about the Sierra is the head and prongs, then it may be worth it for you.

Not to add confusion to the mix, but one other consideration is the height of the Legato band vs. the Sierra band. I don''t know how high the Sierra band sits off the finger, but the Legato is about 1.5mm tall which makes band pairings a little complicated if you like the heights of your bands to be the same. If you plan to wear a plain band, it will be easy to find a complimentary band. If you prefer a diamond band, then you may have some height differences between your rings.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Love them both but I think I''d choose the Sierra.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
I too have a size 6.5 finger and I''ll be doing exactly what tigerhearted suggested. The tapered shank looks better on my finger--but every finger is not created equal. I would try on different styles at your local B&M before you decide.

baleboy

Rough_Rock
Jill,

is that keeping 1.7mm on the taper?

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 2:29:59 PM
Jill,

is that keeping 1.7mm on the taper?

Baleboy, yes the ring still tapers at the head. Basically, it''s 2mm all the way around with a slight tapering as the metal comes up around the stone. The original legato is a little less than 2.5mm at the bottom, the sides flare out to 2.5mm and then there is the tapering at the head to 1.35mm (according to the WF website). My ring is just 2mm all the way around with the same 1.35mm slight tapering at the head. I hope that makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results