_1035.jpeg

_1036.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That asscher is really gorgeous... :love:

bpc

Rough_Rock
Vid. [Update: actually, couldn't upload a vid and the animated gif doesn't animate.]

_73.gif

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the asscher!!! :love: :love: :love:

I am very petite (under five feet) and wear a ring size 4. This would be PERFECT in my book WOW factor but not large that it would look over powering on my hand.

I forget if OP said what size his intended finger was or not.

:bigsmile:

bpc

Rough_Rock
Is it me or does the Assher look a bit dull in the halo?

_1037.jpeg

_1038.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want lots of busy sparkles, asscher or any step cut will not be for you. It has broad / long flash with a slower scintillation rate. Rounds take the middle ground and Princess are one of the flashiest (pinpoint sparkle with very quick scintillation rate, which some consider too busy). This is why it was mentioned by many posters that although the asscher is gorgeous, it isn't the right shape for everyone.

Good Old Gold has many umpteen informative videos. I suggest viewing their videos of asschers.

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
You've mentioned wanting size... my question is if your intended has petite / skinny fingers or not? The reason I ask is - although i think that stone is phenominal.. i have a size 8 finger and the coverage wouldn't be that great. I wear a 3ct oval and my bling coverage/ factor is huge. I probably have fingers on the larger size... Just something to consider.

bpc

Rough_Rock
Oval 5.33 H VS1 suggested by ID Jewelry

_1043.jpeg

_1044.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASET image is highly preferred over IS image. Video is even better.

bpc

Rough_Rock
How do I post video? ASET attached, and another IS but it looks a little different

_1045.jpeg

_1046.jpeg

_1047.jpeg

bpc

Rough_Rock
and a 7.5 I VS1 Oval

_1048.jpeg

_1049.jpeg

_1050.jpeg

_1051.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not liking the 7 ct oval big time. It looks like there's nothing going on elsewhere except the middle area.

bpc

Rough_Rock
Chrono - so what you want to see in an Oval ASET is a lot of green and red mixed evenly throughout? What about the 5.33?

Thanks

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
bpc|1449505661|3958574 said:
Pics of the Asscher

WHOA. That's one hot stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
bpc|1449511640|3958608 said:
Is it me or does the Assher look a bit dull in the halo?

THat halo is hideous. IF you get a properly made one, with one point stones by Steven, a nice delicate halo, Steven will set the asscher slightly above the halo so it gets the most light (exactly what he did with mine).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did Good Old Gold propose? Links?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1449216321|3957343 said:
Asscher, H, VS1. ID Jewelry. 5.33 carats. Strong blue Fluor which explains the price. Under $60k I believe. Saw this stone IRL, along with Missy, another PSer. Stunning. Truly always "on". Could not see any dead spots. Call Yekutiel and ask him. It might still be available.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-33-h-vs1-square-emerald-strong-blue-fluor.217112/

LLJs and Missy, I so love that stone. :appl: :love: :appl: there is a charisma that jumps it right off a screen.

dontaskme

Rough_Rock
Don't go down to an I in an EC, I am not that color sensitive but step cuts show more color in my opinion. I have considered I color EC's in the past and they were too tinted for me.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1449712137|3959630 said:
LLJsmom|1449216321|3957343 said:
Asscher, H, VS1. ID Jewelry. 5.33 carats. Strong blue Fluor which explains the price. Under $60k I believe. Saw this stone IRL, along with Missy, another PSer. Stunning. Truly always "on". Could not see any dead spots. Call Yekutiel and ask him. It might still be available.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-33-h-vs1-square-emerald-strong-blue-fluor.217112/

LLJs and Missy, I so love that stone. :appl: :love: :appl: there is a charisma that jumps it right off a screen.

I love it. So alive and colorful. I didn't know asschers could be that colorful. The hard part is that stone spoiled me. I probably will compare every step cut to that stone from now on and find them wanting.

bpc

Rough_Rock
Gypsy do you have a picture of your Steven Kirsch ring and halo? May end up with the Asscher after all..

bpc

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom - under what lighting did you take your pictures? How do I make sure the one I have is the same as the one you looked at?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My center stone is very humble in comparison. Only just over a carat.

But here is my halo:
Layla%20Steven%20Reset%20close%20up_0.jpg
Layla%20Steven%20Reset_0.jpg

A halo shouldn't overpower the center stone. It should accent it. Steven does that best, IMO.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bpc|1450122930|3961356 said:
LLJsmom - under what lighting did you take your pictures? How do I make sure the one I have is the same as the one you looked at?

We were in the store. I was just looking at it under their store lighting. We never took it outside. Missy, if you have any comments please chime in. I just moved it around, and kinda tried to go under the counter with it too.

To answer your question, I don't have a copy of the GIA report that he gave me. I tossed it because I couldn't afford the stone. Have him ship it to you and see if you like it. I don't know what IDJ's return policy is.

I don't know how to ensure that the stone is the one I saw. For what it's worth, I don't think IDJ would ever switch it out on you. That would be suicide on their part, and they are trusted by many PSers. And I don't think jewelers keep a variety of 5.33 ct H, VS1 asscher cuts lying around, to switch it out. When you receive it, you should be able to see inscription on the girdle, because I am assuming that Steven doesn't cover up the girdle on his halos. Check with Gypsy to find out how much of the girdle is showing from the side.

If you are going to do a halo, definitely have Steven do it. The one IDJ showed is just not in the same league as Steven's work, and distracts and obstructs more than it highlights and complements.

His video seems like it's done under a table lamp. ASk him to take a video or pictures of the stone at different places around the store, under the counter. For what it's worth, that looks like the asscher I saw. The lighting in the video isn't making it throw off a lot of different colors, but it's very lively, even though it is returning mostly white light. Do you see how all the facets seem to light up at some point, just depending on how it is rocked? I saw a lot of colors, which may have been a result of where I was in the store. Just talk to him, and explain.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A) switching out a 5 carat asscher is not going happen. They are too distinctive and hard to find. Each one is different.
B) My stone's girdle is not inscribed. My girdle does show a bit though.
C) Steven works with large stones all the time. He is not going to risk his entire business by switching out any stone, let alone one as hard to switch as a 5 carat asscher.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have also worked with Steven Kirsch--he made the delicate halo setting for my 5 ct cushion. I think you will be in good hands with him for the setting with whatever diamond you choose.

img_10092.jpg

bobby2175

Rough_Rock
Wow, m-2-b!! Absolutely amazing!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results