shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking diamond kay-

Hi!! I picked the 2.2 oval (but look at the size of that 2.5!!!)

already with David! I should be getting it in 2-3 weeks I did go for a low setting.
I’m ok with a small gap or using a wedding band on another finger. with that …

Any ideas where to shop for a wedding band?
I’m thinking an antique cushion cut eternity band. Or just cushion cut. Leaning towards lab?

Or maybe a round eternity.

Any idea on what carat size would look good next to the 2.2 oval?

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1239.jpeg
    IMG_1239.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 30
Hi!! I picked the 2.2 oval (but look at the size of that 2.5!!!)

already with David! I should be getting it in 2-3 weeks I did go for a low setting.
I’m ok with a small gap or using a wedding band on another finger. with that …

Any ideas where to shop for a wedding band?
I’m thinking an antique cushion cut eternity band. Or just cushion cut. Leaning towards lab?

Or maybe a round eternity.

Any idea on what carat size would look good next to the 2.2 oval?

David Klass makes wedding bands too. You might ask him for suggestions on type of stones and carat weight. Once the ring is finished, you will have a better idea of what you want. Not sure about mixing cushion cuts with an oval though.

Inspo IMG_0960.jpeg

They are antique cushion cut! Yes I’m ok I wouldn’t wear it paired on everyday I’m getting a simple gold band for day to day and wearing eternity on my right hand special occasions I’ll pair together
Not sure if my gap would be the same or smaller

I like that - ovals in the band? Would you be ok with that large of a gap though?

Inspo 2 oval IMG_1276.png

I like the first one better!

David Klass makes wedding bands too. You might ask him for suggestions on type of stones and carat weight. Once the ring is finished, you will have a better idea of what you want. Not sure about mixing cushion cuts with an oval though.

I asked DK to keep my CAD so I can have a band made eventually.

I’m so excited for you! I cannot wait to see how everything turns out!

Here she is. What do we think?! By David Klass IMG_2864.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 57
  • 105124_GoldDiamond.jpeg
    105124_GoldDiamond.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 105124_GoldDiamond-2.jpeg
    105124_GoldDiamond-2.jpeg
    597.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 105124_GoldDiamond-3.jpeg
    105124_GoldDiamond-3.jpeg
    640.1 KB · Views: 58
So pretty! It looks great on your hand!
Congrats!

Stunning! So classic and elegant and a perfect size on your hand. And any band you choose will look great!

But more importantly, what do you think?

Stunning! So classic and elegant and a perfect size on your hand. And any band you choose will look great!

But more importantly, what do you think?

I love it! I always thought I wanted the look of the 3- 3 1/2 carat oval but I honestly feel like this is the perfect size for day-to-day? It doesn’t look too small not too big. Maybe it’s just me lol
I was really nervous of how the color would show but it looks great to me! I did underestimate the clarity on a diamond really glad I went this route

If I still want a bigger look I can get a lab down the road

No I’m debating a round diamond eternity or a thicker simple gold band to pair with it

LOVE!!!!! It looks absolutely perfect on you, the diamond is gorgeous and David did a wonderful job with the setting! ❤️

Oh I did have one question well two..

1- Should I ask if I can make the claw prongs a little sharper/ thinner?

2- should I do round diamond eternity band or a little wider 18k gold band? I eventually want to get the cushion cut eternity band. I was quoted 4800 for .30 so that will have to wait a bit
IMG_2789.png

Attachments

• IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2899.jpeg
    IMG_2899.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2901.jpeg
    IMG_2901.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I love it! I always thought I wanted the look of the 3- 3 1/2 carat oval but I honestly feel like this is the perfect size for day-to-day? It doesn’t look too small not too big. Maybe it’s just me lol
I was really nervous of how the color would show but it looks great to me! I did underestimate the clarity on a diamond really glad I went this route

If I still want a bigger look I can get a lab down the road

No I’m debating a round diamond eternity or a thicker simple gold band to pair with it
I think you should try a bunch of bands on!

These both seemed like options you might like that are a bit of a twist on the classic look but a bit less blingy than some of the others you had posted, if you're leaning towards doing something simpler. The bezel one is 3.85mm wide and the prong one is 3.5mm wide, to give you a sense of scale.
1722113154769.png
1722113450778.png

Oh I did have one question well two..

1- Should I ask if I can make the claw prongs a little sharper/ thinner?

2- should I do round diamond eternity band or a little wider 18k gold band? I eventually want to get the cushion cut eternity band. I was quoted 4800 for .30 so that will have to wait a bit
IMG_2789.png

I personally think the prongs look great. They're a nice shape and proportion. With only 4 and your lovely large center stone, I wouldn't want to risk going too thin.

I think you should try a bunch of bands on!

These both seemed like options you might like that are a bit of a twist on the classic look but a bit less blingy than some of the others you had posted, if you're leaning towards doing something simpler. The bezel one is 3.85mm wide and the prong one is 3.5mm wide, to give you a sense of scale.
1722113154769.png
1722113450778.png

This helps thank you! What size is center stone ER ? I ordered a bunch from Amazon and felt like an oval eternity takes away from my ring and makes it looker smaller?? But I do have a bezel emerald on my list IMG_2911.jpeg

My vote for a band is a thin solid gold band… so your diamond stays front and center.

It looks great on your hand and you need thicker prongs in a four prong mounting, for security. I think they look great as they are.

I like it with a plain gold. And to let your diamond be the star and to bring focus to the little halo on the basket.

So glad to see a happy ending!

Here she is. What do we think?! By David Klass IMG_2864.jpeg

It is gorgeous! I know it was a stressful journey, but WOW - it was worth it. Congrats! It’s perfect!
PS - I really like it with the smaller oval bands if you’re still contemplating.

The diamond looks perfect on your hand! So happy for you!

In terms of bands, you chose an elegant solitaire setting so the options are endless.

I personally hope that you eventually end up with a stack like this one that I posted eons ago-you’ve got the long, slim fingers for it…

Btw, my fave from these bands is the one with the EW stones-some petite ovals or marquise set EW would be really pretty.

ETA: the diamond looks SO bright and white!!

IMG_5629.jpeg

The diamond looks perfect on your hand! So happy for you!

In terms of bands, you chose an elegant solitaire setting so the options are endless.

I personally hope that you eventually end up with a stack like this one that I posted eons ago-you’ve got the long, slim fingers

I love the first one - with the stones East Weat

Btw, my fave from these bands is the one with the EW stones-some petite ovals or marquise set EW would be really pretty.

ETA: the diamond looks SO bright and white!!

IMG_5629.jpeg

OMG, another PSer has this listed on Ebay. Could be fab with your ring!

OMG, another PSer has this listed on Ebay. Could be fab with your ring!

The listing says the diamonds are cloudy though.

I’m thinking about adding this one but maybe .10 eternity? Thoughts?

Debating white gold or 18k gold

I’m going to mostly wear on right hand and then wear together with oval on special occasions . Getting a thin 18k band for daily wear

57CC6294-A648-4ACA-81A0-D3931A3A065D.jpeg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP