shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking diamond kay-

The cut looks very similar in both, though I do think the 2.2 is a little better cut (less areas of mushy indistinct faceting) and it is less tinted. Win win.

after reading the comment that the 2.2 color stands out a little bit better on my skin tone. I can’t unsee it. although I’m very tan right now I’m usually a light- med lol
Plus with a dainty band and paired with very pretty bands?

I’m new to this town but everyone goes to this jeweler they are a 3 generation owned now? Here’s insta

after reading the comment that the 2.2 color stands out a little bit better on my skin tone. I can’t unsee it. although I’m very tan right now I’m usually a light- med lol

I’m new to this town but everyone goes to this jeweler they are a 3 generation owned now? Here’s insta

Selling jewelry is one thing - custom making jewelry is another. Do they have pictures of their prior work? Do you know anyone that has had anything made by them?

They have great reviews but the prongs look a little blobby to me. I think maybe you should contact David Klass and get a quote. Can't hurt...

This part shows custom they do it all and have a couple custom on display when I was in there a couple was creating their own solitaire ring. It’s either this or I just send to adiamor lol since I know they sell the look I’m going for to

I prefer the 2.2

I see a round soli with nice claws.

This part shows custom they do it all and have a couple custom on display when I was in there a couple was creating their own solitaire ring. It’s either this or I just send to adiamor lol since I know they sell the look I’m going for to

I don't think you will be happy with this local jeweler's prong work. It doesn't look like they do any fine claws, and their normal prongs don't look good.

Just popping in to say that I have a GIA I color oval diamond and I once visited a Kay store and the lighting there made my diamond look the yellowest it has ever looked! So both of your current choices may very well look much whiter in a different environment.
I think the shape of the 2.5 J flatters your hand more!
Neither will be bright white. In this color range it helps to be able to embrace the warmth :)

They have great reviews but the prongs look a little blobby to me. I think maybe you should contact David Klass and get a quote. Can't hurt...

I’m working with him now after a disaster with a local jeweler. Fast, responsive, kind, patient, and willing to keep changing until you’re 100% happy - have him send you a mold if you feel better seeing it in person, I really helped me solidify my design!

Just popping in to say that I have a GIA I color oval diamond and I once visited a Kay store and the lighting there made my diamond look the yellowest it has ever looked! So both of your current choices may very well look much whiter in a different environment.
I think the shape of the 2.5 J flatters your hand more!
Neither will be bright white. In this color range it helps to be able to embrace the warmth :)

Have you ever noticed the diamond looking yellow anywhere else? thats what I’m worried about that in another indoor space it will ☹️

I’m working with him now after a disaster with a local jeweler. Fast, responsive, kind, patient, and willing to keep changing until you’re 100% happy - have him send you a mold if you feel better seeing it in person, I really helped me solidify my design!

This makes me feel so much better the design I want looks very simple but no place around me seems to do it

Check out David Klass’s IG page. With Adiamor, you’ll be sending it to an anonymous bench. With DK, you’ll have a much better sense of who is working on your ring.

So excited that you’re getting close!

Have you ever noticed the diamond looking yellow anywhere else? thats what I’m worried about that in another indoor space it will ☹️

Not to the point where it bothers me like it did in that store.
A friend of mine has a bright white oval and it would be very apparent if we put them side by side, but I have never done that. Hers is whiter, but mine is bigger! And yours will be even bigger still! ;)
My friend has dainty fingers, but my ring finger is size 8! So it was important to me to get as big as I could within my budget, so something had to give.

[/QUOTE
IMG_6189.jpeg
Original 18 kt yellow gold setting was from James Allen. Photo taken indoors.
I was never a fan of these blobby prongs.

Last edited:
The current setting is by CVB. I love it and I think these photos are more flattering and show how it usually looks. Lots of photos here: Posts #574 & #576
Wedding band also by CVB with French cuts to match the color of my oval & sidetones.

Last edited:
If you do a hidden halo, it will be important to match those stones to the color of your oval. Same for wedding band if you plan to wear one with diamonds in it.

If you do a hidden halo, it will be important to match those stones to the color of your oval. Same for wedding band if you plan to wear one with diamonds in it.

Oh, I should probably message them to see if they do that

Which stone did you decide on?

Which stone did you decide on?

As of now I think the 2.2 i go in Monday so I hope I don’t change my mind once I see them again

As I revisit your photos, I can see the tint difference. Also, the 2.2 cut looks a bit better.

I am still team 2.2 + DK for the setting over here :kiss2:

You deserve a happy ending after all this. DK’s work over the years has been consistently outstanding. I have no doubt he can make your dreams for a setting come true, but more importantly, he will give you a setting that will protect your diamond for years. Yes, a setting is pretty to look at, but your setting is the foundation for your diamond… you want to make sure it is structurally sound and built to last and protect…. Definitely not something to save a couple dollars on. In this case, the saying is true, you get what you pay for.

He will walk you through sending your diamond with insurance… take a deep breath and trust the process… worst case scenario, your diamond is insured, and should you need help replacing it, all of us love to help find pretty sparkly things and I’m sure that will not change, lol! It will be well worth the wait.

And think…. 10, 15 years down the road, if you want to upgrade your diamond, or change out your setting, you will have been through the process of shipping off a diamond and it won’t be so scary as the first time… and you will have an amazing jeweler to work with again!

Aww thank you all so much!! I wouldn’t have been able to without you all. I’m so nervous! But I want a beautiful diamond and I’m so hopeful it will look stunning after I have it set I’m so excited but worry ladies because then I need a wedding band
I am still team 2.2 + DK for the setting over here :kiss2:

You deserve a happy ending after all this. DK’s work over the years has been consistently outstanding. I have no doubt he can make your dreams for a setting come true, but more importantly, he will give you a setting that will protect your diamond for years. Yes, a setting is pretty to look at, but your setting is the foundation for your diamond… you want to make sure it is structurally sound and built to last and protect…. Definitely not something to save a couple dollars on. In this case, the saying is true, you get what you pay for.

He will walk you through sending your diamond with insurance… take a deep breath and trust the process… worst case scenario, your diamond is insured, and should you need help replacing it, all of us love to help find pretty sparkly things and I’m sure that will not change, lol! It will be well worth the wait.

And think…. 10, 15 years down the road, if you want to upgrade your diamond, or change out your setting, you will have been through the process of shipping off a diamond and it won’t be so scary as the first time… and you will have an amazing jeweler to work with again!

Should I set in platinum or yellow gold prongs ? will be 18k yellow gold rounded band

Hi ladies, I’m finalizing with David class and I’m debating whether I should do fully round band or rounded cushion he calls it?

Flush or not flush? I sent him Hailey Bieber ring as inspo (I know hers is huge)

I don’t think I mind whether there’s a gap or not

not sure what you mean about the band.

I think this is what he means.. Maybe you can confirm?

IMG_20240702_132320.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP