shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! My lady has fallen in love with a ring I can't afford!

Passafire

Rough_Rock
Re: Help! My lady has fallen in love with a ring I can't aff

Thanks everybody! I'm heavily leaning towards the radiant cut intense yellow too, even with the smaller size. The more time I spend on this experience, the more I feel like getting the setting right, even with a smaller stone is the way to go. We can always upgrade the center stone down the road someday. I feel like if i get the setting right, with an incredible center stone in all aspects other than size... we can go bigger in the future. I just want to do the very best for her that I can right now!

Talking to David quickly got me out of my "funk" from the JA ring not being at all what I expected, and got me super excited again. My girl really does deserve the best, we are coming up on our 5yr anniversary at the end of March... I'm sure she has been waiting for this for a long time and I've stressed myself a bit on getting this right.

She truly is the one and only for me, and it doesn't matter how much she tells me it doesn't matter what she gets as long as I put thought and love into it... I am confident this is the one and only time I'll ever do this in my life, I want to get it right, for her! You guys have no idea how lost I would be without your inputs over the last couple weeks!

I hold nothing against JA for the ring I received. Seems like they are going through some growing pains with 3rd party vendors. I hope my experience helps them further shape their preset line-up. From everything I see from you folks, what I received is not indicative of their usual quality, and they surprisingly agreed with me and were very low hassle to deal with on the return end.

David over at DBL seems as engaged and excited to work with me as you could ever expect, I don't think I've ever really had this kind of personal experience before... even though it's so far been through email (I work nights, it''s just easier for me, though I'll give him a call to finalize and get started on something). As someone who has spent a lot of time in the customer service industry, it's incredibly refreshing. He seems so engaged and in tune with trying to create the right ring... even though I'm sure this is a "low end" request for him!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The only thing I'll point out when you talk about upgrading the diamond later on is that this setting is being made for the diamond you choose, you likely won't be able to upgrade the diamond without also having to buy a new setting. Keep it in mind!

Passafire

Rough_Rock

Well 2 months later and we have come full circle on my thread folks! Thank you all so much for all of your help. I received the ring from David over at DBL 2 weeks ago, and proposed on the 30th! She said yes!

Wanted to come back as promised to let you all see what you helped create! David did such an amazing job, this ring totally exceeded every single expectation I had. I quite honestly think it's perfect (more importantly, so did she!)

r5444-double-halo-ring-a.jpg

r5444-double-halo-ring-d_0.jpg

r5444-doublehalo-ring-a.jpg

r5444-doublehalo-ring.jpg

Thank you all again so much! What an experience!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

chrisan

Rough_Rock

Congrats! It's beautiful. Really nice job with the ring, it's perfect for what you wanted!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!! Do your have hand shots of your fiancé s hand??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! That's one helluva ring!! :love: :love: :cheeky: :cheeky: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations on your engagement -- I know she was absolutely blown away!! :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a stunning ring! Very chique :love:
This is a true eyecatcher. I would love to see pics with the ring on your fiancees hand.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW! Congratulations on your engagement, and on a job (or rather, a ring) well done! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Wow, it turned out just great, I am so glad it all worked out, I'll bet she was ecstatic to receive a ring like this - thanks for updating!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a lovely ring! Congrats on putting this all together. :love:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely ring. Congratulations! I'm glad that all worked out well. :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful ring and congratulations on your engagement!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations on your engagement!

I LOVE the ring-you and DBL did a AMAZING job! I'm so proud of you and wish more men would follow in your foot steps. Not only did you get a MUCH better quality ring you also have the certs to go with it should you ever need them for anything.

I know this might seem a bit silly but I'd really love to see a side by side comparison of the DBL ring and the ring she wanted at first-did she say anything about this ring vs the inspiration? I'm curious if there was a noticeable difference to her (in a good way) over the other one.

I'd also love to see the look on the sales peoples face when they see THAT ring over the over priced not nearly as nice one they are selling considering the price/quality difference.

More hand shots when you have a chance. Thanks so much for the update and congratulations again!

hz1.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintagelover229|1396979355|3649838 said:
Congratulations on your engagement!

I LOVE the ring-you and DBL did a AMAZING job! I'm so proud of you and wish more men would follow in your foot steps. Not only did you get a MUCH better quality ring you also have the certs to go with it should you ever need them for anything.

I know this might seem a bit silly but I'd really love to see a side by side comparison of the DBL ring and the ring she wanted at first-did she say anything about this ring vs the inspiration? I'm curious if there was a noticeable difference to her (in a good way) over the other one.

I'd also love to see the look on the sales peoples face when they see THAT ring over the over priced not nearly as nice one they are selling considering the price/quality difference.

More hand shots when you have a chance. Thanks so much for the update and congratulations again!

This x10000!!! :bigsmile: ;))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! And job very, very well done.

houserabbitz

Rough_Rock

Wow! That is beautiful. :love: Glad it worked out!

emmebee

Shiny_Rock

That is beautiful! You honestly did a wonderful job working within your budget and giving your girl the ring of her dreams :)

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

You want through a lot of effort and thought to give your intended her heart's desire and it came out spectacular. Kudos to you! :appl:

Congratulations on your engagement and I hope you both enjoy the ring in health and happiness.

MsBris

Rough_Rock

Congratulations of winning such a beautiful, priceless gem!

That ring she'll wear looks great, too.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Wow - what a great thread and what a great example of how things can turn out even better when people are willing to compromise and do their research! The DBL ring is simply stunning and sooooooooooooo much better than the other ring. Congrats!!!!!

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock

oh, that is just stunning! I've been checking in every so often to see the outcome of this, and I'm so glad you went with DBL, the ring is amazing. What a lucky fiancé you have! Congratulations to both of you

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow that ring is stunning...there is no comparison to the helzberg ring...DBL did an outstanding job and sounds like everyone is happy, congrats!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Okay, that's just lovely. DBL did a great job!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I followed your thread and have to say...you outdid any expectation she could have had :appl:

The ring is gorgeous, great quality! Perfect :lickout:

Congratulations!

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock

The ring is gorgeous and you should be so proud of yourself for listening to you NOW fiance in terms of design and then putting together a killer ring!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

LOVE IT!!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement! The ring turned out sooooooo beautifully! I think it is great testament to your diligent research and PSers expertise in finding a great ring your fiancé loves!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! That looks like five carets on your finger!!! Congrats on an amazing job and on your engagement!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

AMAZING JOB! Congratulations. So nice to see a resolution to this thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results