shape
carat
color
clarity

Help find a vintage/antique or like new used for under 800

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow both of those are amazing! I really do love the loupetroop set too though and people have quelled my concerns about the wear as long as I get it dipped but I do know that it would've been super exciting for my gf to be able to shop for our wedding bands together which is another reason I keep shying away from the set. I don't think she'd want to sell the ring without the band but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. It is still one of my top contender though.
Oooooor... Buy the set, get everything polished and dipped, and then list the wedding band for sale. Put it up for $350 and you’ll recoup a decent chunk of your cost.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow both of those are amazing! I really do love the loupetroop set too though and people have quelled my concerns about the wear as long as I get it dipped but I do know that it would've been super exciting for my gf to be able to shop for our wedding bands together which is another reason I keep shying away from the set. I don't think she'd want to sell the ring without the band but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. It is still one of my top contender though.

Honestly, I'd forget about it if you are still thinking it over. It's not going to be around when you are ready to buy. You just saw a member here say they might buy it. There are TONS of lurkers on PS too, for good reason.

This happened to an indecisive poster not to long ago. Missed out on a Tiffany circlet ring. He was very upset when it happened....

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A52FBAC9-A55A-44E2-B80C-BFD44F9373D6.jpeg 958817BC-8C85-4D35-8A3E-74D3A7CD068E.jpeg 7C4718F0-522E-495A-B287-499D99E62439.jpeg
... or you could offer her the set as an e-ring with eternity band and still go shopping for a wedding band together. It seems to be good quality and she will probably be very happy with it.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, with the shrunken budget, I would go for the LT ring too. It was one of your top options to begin with, just that people were trying to do better for $1,200 but you no longer have that. Just have your GF show the appraisal to her family (without revealing what you paid) and they will shut up.

About the band, just keep it in a drawer for now. You can still buy wedding bands together and have a special experience. The eternity band will make a nice 1st anniversary gift or a push present when you have your first baby. That would be a nice thing to look forward to.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
... Again something that will photograph beautifully.

Time Frame: Must be delivered by Wed Aug 15th. We leave for our trip early morning Thursday.

Price range: 800 and under. PLEASE do not suggest financing or layaway see the original thread for more details.

I do like this ring from Ivy and Rose but its a little above my price range and I have tried looking on eBay but I see things like this and realize that I don't know enough to really dig through the eBay rings and find the really nice things that won't get me ripped off so I'm hoping you guys can help. There were literally so many people trying to help in the last thread that it became impossible to to keep up. But I really can't stress how grateful and thankful I am to everyone for all their help.

Another Ivy and Rose I'm liking! https://ivyandrose.com/products/e-v...-antique-ba788e41-fded-4b8f-81c2-52650543803e

I like this one a lot, too. It would need a curved or shaped wedding band, if your soon-to-be fiance doesn't like a gap between e-ring and wedding band.

I don't care for the aesthetic of the loupetroop ring. It does look a little inexpensively made (my opinion only, YMMV). Another problem with the loupetroop set is that it's a private sale, so if you get it and it looks unappealing to you, there are no return options, and obviously, no upgrade options.

"- I am a Private Seller so please take time to examine all item details, photos and/or videos provided and ask any questions before purchasing. All Sales Are Final, No returns. Thank you for understanding."

Ivy and Rose has a 90% credit towards upgrade policy and a reasonable return policy. IDJ has a return policy as well.

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@davidorangecali, This could work out beautifully! I just wrote to The seller and offered to buy just the wedding band. Do you want to write her and offer to buy the engagement ring? I would do that right now before a lurker snaps this up.
This could be a win-win, especially since he doesn't want the band. Less money from him at the outset and more available to shop with his FF for a band of her choice :dance:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, OP, if you bought the LT set you could always save the band as an "anniversary band" surprise gift down the road. Or let the other PS person buy the band and you buy the e-ring.

I think your tight timeline and the amount of thought you're putting into this is going to hurt you at some point. One will have to give. Gotta jump or be flexible about the timeline, or the budget. Know what I mean?

Best wishes, though! <3

davidorangecali

Rough_Rock
@davidorangecali, This could work out beautifully! I just wrote to The seller and offered to buy just the wedding band. Do you want to write her and offer to buy the engagement ring? I would do that right now before a lurker snaps this up.
Wow that could work out perfectly. I'll try contacting her it's a little hard at the moment gf is next to me

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A52FBAC9-A55A-44E2-B80C-BFD44F9373D6.jpeg 958817BC-8C85-4D35-8A3E-74D3A7CD068E.jpeg 7C4718F0-522E-495A-B287-499D99E62439.jpeg
... or you could offer her the set as an e-ring with eternity band and still go shopping for a wedding band together. It seems to be good quality and she will probably be very happy with it.

or save the eternity band for a 1st anniversary present

eta i see pearaffair and kindred have got your back =) good luck, op!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I agree with the other posters. I would think about the possibility that next year when it’s wedding time, you might have to do some other work on your house for example. A diamond wedding band costs anywhere from $500 and up. I would have the seller take the rings to her jeweler for a rhodium dip and ship them done. Pay the extra expense for rhodium replating and be done. This is a great deal and it’s a small miracle that her ring size is the same!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
davidorangecali, As much as I would like to have the band, I do agree with everyone who said that you should buy the whole set. The rings go together really nicely and the price is great. I think you really should hurry up and make a decision, though.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If she likes the look of stacked rings, which a lot of people do, she would probably be thrilled to pick out a wedding band with you and also wear the matching wedding band that comes with the Loupe Troop set.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The only better deal I feel is if you let lovedogs help you to get that 1 ct halo ring from Ivy & Rose. It’s a fantastic deal for such a large size and I like the future dated cheque idea.

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
wow. Is this for real? 800$ with this long list of high demand?

Today is already Aug 4. You are not buying a stocked item from Amazon prime. I would say if you want the ring by 15, unless you made a decision today, and hopefully everyone else treat you like a king, put your ring purchase first, the chance of it happening by 15 is pretty slim.

Someone need to be honest with you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other thing is you will not be able to find a comparable quality ring for $800 in a brick and mortar store. There’s an expression that I hate to use but I think it will be helpful if you do decide to go to a store..Don’t buy a diamond that looks like frozen spit..or has black pepper flakes that can be seen with the naked eye. Your budget is very limited for what you want for your fiancé...You really don’t have many options if you want to propose in a few weeks. Reconsider saving more money and propose at Thanksgiving or December around your holiday if you don’t want to buy the $800 set. I do think you will realize your mistake when you see what you can get for $800 brand new.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I think he can't make up his mind because he doesn't know what he can realistically buy with 800 USD in a brick and mortar store, he's better to see what the market offers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results