shape
carat
color
clarity

Help find a vintage/antique or like new used for under 800

davidorangecali

Rough_Rock
I hope you asked what the clarity grade is on that diamond since it isn't stated in the description. I just hope it's not I1. I like the ring other than it is going to not work well with a wedding band because the halo is down on the finger and will cause a big gap. I'd be quite sure you have her try on wedding bands with it while you are in the return period.

lovedogs is wonderful to help you!
It is I1 but it says eye clean. At this price point I can't get too picky and as long as it looks beautiful in pictures I know she won't mind. Also I could always upgrade the center stone later. I can't imagine my house will break down again and destroy all my savings again next year...
at least I hope not. :wall: *knocks on wood*

I had thought about the gap prior and asked my gf and she actually said she would prefer a gap which I think is weird but its her decision. Ivy and Rose also mentioned they could custom make a ring to curve around it if she'd prefer. so I'll let her decide!

super excited! :dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With an I1 that's eyeclean, it's often a feather/crack that is the primary inclusion. I see you are happy about this and don't really care about the clarity, so I am just pointing it out so you are fully informed. I hope she loves the ring!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is I1 but it says eye clean. At this price point I can't get too picky and as long as it looks beautiful in pictures I know she won't mind. Also I could always upgrade the center stone later. I can't imagine my house will break down again and destroy all my savings again next year...
at least I hope not. :wall: *knocks on wood*

I had thought about the gap prior and asked my gf and she actually said she would prefer a gap which I think is weird but its her decision. Ivy and Rose also mentioned they could custom make a ring to curve around it if she'd prefer. so I'll let her decide!

super excited! :dance:

My first diamond (now a pendant) is an eye clean I1. A crystal and a knot you can only see if you turn it upside down. It held me for 16 years. It was also a D with strong blue fluorescence.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH and I were walking through a gym parking lot after a workout when he said, "so will you marry me?" No ring, not even probably planned. Then we went eat at, wait...

Denny's! Lol, married 17 years this month. I wouldn't change one second of any of it!
:lol:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOHOO for you, your fiancee, and lovedogs! One suggestion: that you not ask Ivy & Rose to re-size the ring, which they say is now an 8, before sending it to you -- even though I&R 's "no questions asked" return-full refund policy includes re-sized rings so long as they were not custom orders. Fingers often swell in summer's heat & humidity, and one PSer found that the I&R ring she recently purchased is smaller than her other rings in the same ring size. Wishing you wonderful weather for the waterfall proposal!

P. S. for @diamondseeker2006 -- I don't know why, but for some reason, Ivy & Rose's eBay listings include more info than the listings for the same pieces on their own web site.
http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=153122259323

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news! So happy to hear you were able to get the ring you liked best and that the vacation proposal will indeed happen. Congratulations, and I’m looking forward to photos!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DH and I were walking through a gym parking lot after a workout when he said, "so will you marry me?" No ring, not even probably planned. Then we went eat at, wait...

Denny's! Lol, married 17 years this month. I wouldn't change one second of any of it!

My DH (18 years this year, and 6 years dating) proposed with the ring in the glove compartment. He picked me up from the airport and was so anxious about the return window that he wanted to give it to me ASAP. Mind you, this was all in December in the DARK. “There’s something the glove compartment you should see.” (And I see and squeal!). “It’s platinum and yellow gold.” (IT IS??!!!!!) “It’s an oval.” (IT IS??!!!) I could not see a thing! Engagements are a memory, alright!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH (18 years this year, and 6 years dating) proposed with the ring in the glove compartment. He picked me up from the airport and was so anxious about the return window that he wanted to give it to me ASAP. Mind you, this was all in December in the DARK. “There’s something the glove compartment you should see.” (And I see and squeal!). “It’s platinum and yellow gold.” (IT IS??!!!!!) “It’s an oval.” (IT IS??!!!) I could not see a thing! Engagements are a memory, alright!

So funny!!!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@davidorangecali, You have made my day with this great news! :mrgreen2: Your GF will be so happy! I almost posted "Propose by the waterfall" last night! It will be a fantastic place for a proposal and should make for great Instagram photos.

@lovedogs, You are so generous Thanks for making this happen! :clap: :appl:

So exciting! :dance:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome choice :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done everyone. I love Pricescope, nicest, kindest forum ON EARTH.
The Ivy and Rose ring is stunning. Your gf, so soon to be FIANCÉ ,woo hoo, will be delighted.
All you now need do is propose and give us photos.
We want photos - please.
And one day, someway down the track there will be an opportunity for you to extend some kindness or generosity (time, effort, money - who knows) and so the gift continues.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What exciting news! The ring is beautiful and I am sure your fiancée to be will be so happy! And...Lovedogs, you are a gem!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@davidorangecali congratulations! I second the ideal not to resize it yet so that she can get a perfect fit. Can I just suggest that you bring along a skinny band aid or some medical tape/masking tape to the proposal? So romantic, I know... just in case the ring is a bit loose. That way you can wrap the tape/bandaid around the pamlside of the shank so that it doesn't slip off while she's wearing it in the park and to dinner. And please don't propose right by the rushing crashing water, scenic though it may be, hands shaking from emotion may let the ring slip. And that would be so so sad. As a girl who had a dud of a proposal, it always makes me happy to see the effort some men put into this event. So excited for you both.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs this is such an extremely generous gesture on your part!

OP I am happy that you found the ring and I hope that you do not forget about @lovedogs generosity. Good luck with your proposal and all the best.

MamaBess

Rough_Rock
Davidorangecali, Honestly, after everything you mentioned about your GF's likes and dislikes, your desire for a truly antique ring, I thought the 2nd choice from Ivy and Rose was exceptional. It seemed to hit all the bullet points, and had a nice quality center diamond. If I were after truly vintage, I would be pleased to be wearing that ring. Either way, your GF will be pretty pleased with your efforts.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A5203A70-E32A-47C8-A265-11D5FC556F12.jpeg 05DCCC69-9824-445C-B0DE-E596F62061F2.jpeg CE30579E-0F4F-475A-A554-1DDD23C9B1D9.jpeg Yay! So excited for the two of you. You have picked a beautiful ring. I am sure she will be so happy and excited. And not only because of the stunning ring you have picked for her.

@lovedogs you are such a warm and kind person

Last edited:

Caly27

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful choice, and I'm sure she'll be over the moon!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to update everyone! I took up lovedogs on her extremely generous offer to let me borrow the money to propose sooner! I am getting the I&R 1.11ct Halo and I am so excited! When lovedogs first posted that ring I felt it in my gut that it was the right one which is probably why I was so hesitant with other rings.

Now since we're not making the summit hike I need to figure out where to propose. I'm sure there will still be plenty of scenic spots on top of the mountain without having to make the summit but my first idea was the waterfall friday morning! Then again maybe I should just let her dress up and propose at the dinner but I feel like thats so cliche to propose at a nice dinner!

Anyways I will 100% come back with the proposal story and hopefully plenty of pictures.

I just want to say again from the very bottom of my heart to lovedogs and everyone else who has put so much time and effort into helping me, Thank You!:appl: If there were more people like all you guys in this world it'd be a much nicer place!

Amazing news! I’m happy for you and your fiancée-to-be! And @lovedogs deserves all the best karma for her kindness. I think a customized wedding band from I&R is an excellent idea and your girlfriend will be able fo get involved. The waterfall sounds like a great idea, just don’t drop it in the water!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe too late but eBay has a 15% off coupon (max cap at $100) if you ordered today! But nevertheless, @lovedogs such a sweet gesture!

That sale is amazing! I wish I lived in the States. Does anybody know if Ivy and Rose conduct any annual sales of their own?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been waiting to hear..I hope she said yes and loved the ring..:think:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@davidorangecali - :wavey:It is Oct. now and I am hoping that you have a proposal story for us. I am dying for some hand shots of the ring. :wink2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He’s not been on PS since 7th August, might not come back now.....sad :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results