carat
color
clarity

Help find a vintage/antique or like new used for under 800

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks I'll try contacting them.

Thanks! I'm going to contact Ivy and Rose directly and see what they can do on the price but I think borrowing shouldn't be my first option. Maybe they can help me out and I'm going to try contacting IDJ as well.

Unfortunately I'm spending most of this weekend with my gf so it'll be hard to contact them without her noticing I may have to wait until Monday.

I totally understand. take your time, talk to them, etc. But please don't think of it as borrowing. It would be a gift, plain and simple. Think of it as an early wedding present :) But no pressure--I know that anything you get will make your GF thrilled.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Eight years ago I found Pricescope when I was looking to replace a lost wedding ring. I had never even heard of rhodium dip before. I never even thought about gold not coming in white. Never crossed my mind they dipped it. A polish and rhodium dip is seriously like magic. I take my 18k white gold rings twice a year for polish and dip. They look like new each time.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very generous offer, @lovedogs.:saint: I like that Ivy and Rose ring a lot. The center diamond is a really nice size for the budget and even if it is a little included (as it seems to be, according to description), a few inclusions seems a reasonable trade off for size. It sounds as though the diamond could be eye clean. I would call and get more information about that issue, just to be sure. The setting is really beautiful--I think it would impress even the judge-y family. If the diamond gets eye clean approval, this would be a top contender for me, if I was looking under these search parameters. Calling IDJ is a great idea, as well. So many PSers report great experience and satisfaction with them. I think both of these vendors could deliver on time, too and that's really important.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
does a polish and dip really work magic or will there still be visible wear?
It is only the wedding band that is showing some loss of rhodium.
Just to explain, when you buy white gold rings to compensate for the ever so slight “yellow tone”, remember gold is yellow, white gold rings are usually rhodium plated to give an amazing bright white shiny finish. But it ever so slowly wears off and where you notice it most, if you look, is the underneath side - palm side of the ring. So once a year or so, the jeweller gives it a fresh dip. No worries.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to have to say that I think the Ivy and Rose ring won't work well at all with a wedding band.

At your price point, I have to say that this set (already posted) looks like a fantastic value and includes a wedding band. I also think it looks more impressive. I don't think you can do better, and it's closer to her size.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/rin...-and-10k-white-gold-diamond-wedding-set;23497

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

voce

Ideal_Rock
I posted this one in the previous thread, platinum, genuinely “old”, nicely polished and it will be easy enough to find a gorgeous vintage band to go with it (I’ve seen a few over the years that match the shape of the setting, some have baguette diamonds or pretty engraving). PS member selling it.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/534928645/platinum-4-ct-old-cut-diamond-solitaire?ref=hp_rv
My main concern with this one is the 5.5 size. Most sellers take a week to resize it, and then mail it. Considering the OP wanted it by August 15, I think that the $850 set is the best option. I've bought from the seller before, and she shipped it promptly same day she received payment.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
cOwLAti.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-71-ct-14...Cut-Diamond-Halo-Engagement-Ring/263614268540

U4kCewJ.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRINCESS-C...CENTER-DIAMOND-IN-14K-WHITE-GOLD/273340076405

I like these, both have center stones around 0.5ct with a 0.7ctw. The round will probably show less color and have more coverage due to cut, and is my fav of the two.

They both fit your criteria (size 7 and under $800), but the loupetroop wedding set for $850 is a way better deal (for two rings!).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to tried offering 800 on that blue bile one?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And if you for some reason need a wedding band too I can certainly find a plat band for 400. That’s the easy part haha

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the set on LoupeTroop. It checks every single one of your boxes and includes the wedding band. Seems like a slam dunk.

Oh! And yes, a quick (and inexpensive) polish and rhodium dip at your local jeweler will have it looking brand new.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don’t be afraid of tiny scratches from normal wear. Rhodium dips make rings look brand new. I don’t even rhodium dip my white gold rings that often...probably once every two years but I know lots of people do it every year. They come out looking brand new every time. It doesn’t cost very much..

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The set on LT is your best bet, It's blingy, likely her size and it will look BRAND new when polished and rhodium dipped. It's a TON of bang for your buck and it comes with a wedding band. I would buy this today.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree that the Loupe Troop set seems to match what you say she wants. That style is very popular now. FWIW, the wedding set I wear every day is preloved and looked brand new when I bought it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the loupe trope set

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2 more pictures from the seller of the Loupe Troop ring. Remember that the images are hugely magnified. You might not even see the scratches in person, but they could easily be polished out and you could get an inexpensive rhodium dip.

RingSet5.jpg

RingSet3.jpg

I am really surprised that it hasn't sold yet and I am still very tempted to buy it for myself.

Attachments

• RingSet3.jpg
    RingSet3.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 9

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 more pictures from the seller of the Loupe Troop ring. Remember that the images are hugely magnified. You might not even see the scratches in person, but they could easily be polished out and you could get an inexpensive rhodium dip.

RingSet5.jpg

RingSet3.jpg

I am really surprised that it hasn't sold yet and I am still very tempted to buy it for myself.

I don't blame you. OP, don't miss out on this. You aren't going to get anything close to this with your budget. It's perfect.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote goes to the gorgeous Loupe Troop set as well. Beautiful, with oomph, enviable and photogenic.
A true rhodium dip might take a while at some jewellers. But a clean-up, polish, quick rhodium dip should be do-able. I would contact a local jeweller to discuss timelines and costs. If you are not a regular customer they may charge you something, but probably not much.

The box @kindred posted is gorgeous! I would order one for the proposal in her favourite colour.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That set would be a good deal with a fake center stone. A plain solitaire setting with no diamond often costs more than that. If you wait too long, lurkers are going to see this thread and buy this set. It can be polished and plated to look like new, as many people have said.

davidorangecali

Rough_Rock
cOwLAti.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-71-ct-14...Cut-Diamond-Halo-Engagement-Ring/263614268540

U4kCewJ.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRINCESS-C...CENTER-DIAMOND-IN-14K-WHITE-GOLD/273340076405

I like these, both have center stones around 0.5ct with a 0.7ctw. The round will probably show less color and have more coverage due to cut, and is my fav of the two.

They both fit your criteria (size 7 and under $800), but the loupetroop wedding set for $850 is a way better deal (for two rings!).
Wow both of those are amazing! I really do love the loupetroop set too though and people have quelled my concerns about the wear as long as I get it dipped but I do know that it would've been super exciting for my gf to be able to shop for our wedding bands together which is another reason I keep shying away from the set. I don't think she'd want to sell the ring without the band but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. It is still one of my top contender though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results