shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing a .90 - 1 carat oval diamond.

fixall

Rough_Rock
Devastated.

So after leading me to believe my diamond was on hold and accepting my funds on Friday... B2C Jewels just called me and stated they sorry but they no longer have the diamond. :( :( :(

And to make it worse David Klass has already sourced the side-stones. :(

Can you help save me Gypsy?!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fixall|1452614538|3974768 said:
Devastated.

So after leading me to believe my diamond was on hold and accepting my funds on Friday... B2C Jewels just called me and stated they sorry but they no longer have the diamond. :( :( :(

Cab you help save me Gypsy?!

B2c seems to do that quite a lot lately.

I'm not gypsy but I still like the high clarity d from James Allen. It's free shipping both ways if you just want to see it in person .
(If you're in the US)
It's chubby like you said she likes, high color, high clarity, in budget, in the ct range you want

fixall

Rough_Rock
Niel|1452615213|3974776 said:
fixall|1452614538|3974768 said:
Devastated.

Cab you help save me Gypsy?!

B2c seems to do that quite a lot lately.

I'm not gypsy but I still like the high clarity d from James Allen. It's free shipping both ways if you just want to see it in person .
(If you're in the US)
It's chubby like you said she likes, high color, high clarity, in budget, in the ct range you want

The diamond from James Allen is $1000 more expensive than the diamond I "purchased" from B2C. Originally that would've been fine... But after paying for the B2C diamond and getting the quote for the band... I made a large payment on my student loans. I won't be be able to afford a stone more expensive that $3600 until the 25th (not to mention waiting for a refund from B2C if I can't find an alternative stone through them).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fixall|1452628693|3974899 said:
B2C just sent me an e-mail suggesting I look at these two diamonds instead.

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7818824-0.90-carat-Oval-diamond-D-color-VS2-clarity.aspx

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7482461-0.90-carat-Oval-diamond-D-color-VS2-clarity.aspx

$300 - $500 higher than the last stone Gyspy had chosen. Any thoughts?

I kind of feel like I'm having a bait and switch pulled on me. :(

Yes sounds like a bait and switch to me. I would take my money elsewhere. That James Allen d has been for sale for a while. Wait until you get your money back (if they made you pay for a quote or something I'd insist that too)

fixall

Rough_Rock
I just got a call from B2C about the second diamond I linked. They are sending me the ASET/etc shortly and are willing to give me a discount on it. I'll post shortly.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pisy ASET. Follow up on JA stone. What happened to that B2C stone we liked?

I am very unhappy wiyh B2C right now on uour behalf

fixall

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1452633933|3974946 said:
Pisy ASET. Follow up on JA stone. What happened to that B2C stone we liked?

I am very unhappy wiyh B2C right now on uour behalf

I'm pretty upset about the situation myself. :( I'm not sure why B2C sold the diamond to someone else after I had already sent the money.

I'll post the ASET as soon as I receive it, thanks Gypsy and Niel!

fixall

Rough_Rock
B2C just got back to me and said they need 24 hours to get the ASET for the second stone.

For the stone I have linked above, they are basically price matching the stone I originally wanted to go with. They are claiming the Diamond is better purchase (I'm guessing they are just going by dimensions) but I'm not learned enough to know. I was under the impression that red in an ASET is really good and white is super bad (an over simplification I'm sure).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry but they've lost my trust and ifni where buying it they would have already lost my business.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
fixall|1452636800|3974980 said:
Any feedback on the ASET and Idealscope on the first diamond they suggested while we wait for the images for the second??

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7818824-0.90-carat-Oval-diamond-D-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=7818824&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

ASET
image_310.jpg

Idealscope
image_311.jpg

Compared to the stone Gypsy originally chose

image_312.jpg

It's such a hard comparison because of the difference in ASET picture set ups. The one they propose has some merit. You have to translate the white to black to match it to the other ASET.

I'm with Neil though. I'd just get my money back.

fixall

Rough_Rock
That's what I thought too (and I know very little about diamonds).

I sent them a reply...

"Absolutely unacceptable. After having people more learned then myself look at the ASET of the diamond you suggested. I am told that your choices are nowhere near the same quality as the diamond I originally "bought". It's looking like I may have to spend up to a thousand dollars more to get a diamond comparable to the diamond you FALSELY sold me.

If this is honestly the best that can be done for me I will be forced to take my business elsewhere. If this is the case I will also be posting threads on the diamond sites I have been getting help on detailing this ENTIRE experience. I'm also kind of starting to wonder about the legality of the situation I have been placed in... Considering I was led to believe my diamond was on hold and wasn't told you would have to check the availability until AFTER I sent you the money."

Too strong??

fixall

Rough_Rock
I would just go with a refund... But David Class has already ordered the D colored, VS pear side-stones and started working on designing the ring. I'd hate to take the risk of not being able to find a comparable diamond in time (not to mention having to wait another 2 - 6 weeks to be able to afford a diamond that costs $1000 more).

The price they are offering for the diamond linked is about the same as the diamond I already "purchased". As much as I'm hesitant to give them my business whatsoever at this point... I'd really like to just get the absolute best diamond I can for my money regardless of who it comes from (and then part ways from ever doing business with them again... I do only plan on buying one engagement ring after-all, lol).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think that email is too strong.

I get not wanting to spend more than you have, I don't want you spending more than you're comfortable with.

Did you pay with a wire transfer is that why it'll take so long?

fixall

Rough_Rock
Niel|1452646659|3975075 said:
I don't think that email is too strong.

I get not wanting to spend more than you have, I don't want you spending more than you're comfortable with.

Did you pay with a wire transfer is that why it'll take so long?

Looks like the James Allen diamond sold. :( I wonder if someone is just lurking this forum snatching up all the good deals when they're posted. :(

I did pay with a wire transfer on Friday (my bank withdrew the money Friday and their bank said they processed it Monday morning). On Monday they confirmed they received the money but said wouldn't be able to confirm the availability of the diamond for 24 hours (I have no idea why). On Tuesday they said the diamond was unavailable and started suggesting the other diamonds.

I'm comfortable spending another $1000 on the stone, it's just a matter of having to wait 2 - 6 weeks for me to comfortably set that amount aside. I thought I had the stone purchased and the quote from David Klass was less than expected so I made a rather large payment on our student loans (much too large in retrospect).

fixall

Rough_Rock
Sorry can't edit anymore. :/

Does this also mean I am locked in on having a D colored center stone (I'd hate to ask Mr. Klass to switch side-stones after he already went through the trouble of ordering and paying for them)?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
fixall|1452645745|3975064 said:
I would just go with a refund... But David Class has already ordered the D colored, VS pear side-stones and started working on designing the ring. I'd hate to take the risk of not being able to find a comparable diamond in time (not to mention having to wait another 2 - 6 weeks to be able to afford a diamond that costs $1000 more).

The price they are offering for the diamond linked is about the same as the diamond I already "purchased". As much as I'm hesitant to give them my business whatsoever at this point... I'd really like to just get the absolute best diamond I can for my money regardless of who it comes from (and then part ways from ever doing business with them again... I do only plan on buying one engagement ring after-all, lol).

Crap. :wall:

You got D colored melee stones for the halo. So yeah, you are locked into colorless. Not D. But you should stick to DEF.

Okay. I'm off to hunt for you.

fixall

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1452654397|3975168 said:
fixall|1452645745|3975064 said:

Crap. :wall:

You got D colored melee stones for the halo. So yeah, you are locked into colorless. Not D. But you should stick to DEF.

Okay. I'm off to hunt for you.

You and Niel are wonderful. This community is lucky to have you guys.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call David Class. Tell him what has happened with the center stone. And ask him if you are locked into the melee. If you are we will work with it.

Can I ask you one question. Was she FIRM on the oval center stone (don't kill me).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

fixall

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1452654983|3975186 said:
Call David Class. Tell him what has happened with the center stone. And ask him if you are locked into the melee. If you are we will work with it.

Can I ask you one question. Was she FIRM on the oval center stone (don't kill me).

I sent David a message but he hasn't gotten back to me just yet. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow afternoon (when he said he'd have some sketches ready for me), I will give him a call (I'd call now, but they closed 20 minutes ago).

Yea... The oval stone was really the only part of the ring that she was absolutely firm about. Her mother passed away from cancer four years ago and one of the things she inherited from her was an oval white sapphire ring with sapphire pear side-stones. She doesn't wear the ring much because it means too much to her but years ago she used to talk about how she would LOVE to have an engagement ring somewhat based on it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Definitely an oval, then.

fixall

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1452660323|3975239 said:
Okay. Definitely an oval, then.

Haha... Yea...

I'm also talking to B2C price-matching the second stone you chose from them as another option.

fixall

Rough_Rock
Ok, lots of updates today!

David Klass got back to me. We are not locked in on a colorless center stone. :) He feels the side-stones he found are a bit overly large so he had planned on going a little smaller anyways.

B2C also got back to me... Yesterday I was escalated to their Customer Service Manager (who suggested the two stones we rejected). Today I received an e-mail from their Director of Consumer Education saying he would like to call me personally to make it right and ensure I receive a diamond I am happy with. So at the very least, props to B2C for reaching out. We'll see how the call goes and I'll get back to you guys. :)

fixall

Rough_Rock
Ok.

So the Director of Consumer Education (avoiding names for privacy) for B2C called me today. He was very apologetic and understanding of the situation (no blame shifting, which is rare from any company).

They are going to hand select several diamonds that are the same price or more expensive than the diamond I originally chose and then price match the stone I select to the price I originally paid. They are also going to have a gemologist ensure that the diamonds they choose have ASET/Ideal Scope images that show the light return being at least as good as the diamond I had originally chosen. He also gave me his personal phone number and encouraged me to call him at any time with any questions.

Overall... I am very pleased with the actions B2C is taking to make this right. As of now I plan on continuing my order through them depending on how their search for a replacement stone goes.

I'll be sure to post the diamonds they find for me.

Thank you so much Niel and Gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news. Hopefully they will find something great. And David can match the sidestones to that stone!

YAY!

fixall

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1452720058|3975588 said:
Great news. Hopefully they will find something great. And David can match the sidestones to that stone!

YAY!

Gypsy and Niel... Ok, B2C got back to me with four diamonds and were very open about which of the four they thought were most impressive. I don't see a way to send private messages on here and I'm a little nervous someone may snatch up one of the diamonds if I post it here. Is there any chance you have an e-mail or something where I can send you the specs of the three diamonds? They did also ask that you keep in mind that the original diamond had a computer scanned ASET while these are the real images.

I will post the ASET images here. Each stone will end up costing roughly $3200

First the diamond we will be comparing the three stones to.

.92 carat, D color

ASET
image_312.jpg

Diamond #1
F color

Actual diamond
image_333.jpg

ASET
image_334.jpg

Ideal Scope
image_335.jpg

Diamond #2
D color

Actual diamond
image_336.jpg

ASET
image_337.jpg

Ideal Scope
image_338.jpg

Diamond #3
G color (I would be getting refunded some money on this stone)

Actual diamond
image_339.jpg

ASET
image_340.jpg

Ideal Scope
image_341.jpg

Diamond #4
G color

Actual diamond
image_342.jpg

ASET
image_343.jpg

Ideal Scope
image_344.jpg

Bonus shot of all the ASET images together.
image_345.jpg

Alright... There we go. Thanks for any and all help you can provide!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not one. I don't like the bowtie.

I like #2 the best.

The other two are about equal to me without a video.

They should be willing to hold FOR YOU the one they recommend and your top choice while you decide.

They should have offered that so no lurkers can steal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results