shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing a .90 - 1 carat oval diamond.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree on tje wait ans see. But I think I'm going to favor a little engraving on tje profile to match the rose gold squiggles.

fixall

Rough_Rock
I just got the final pics from David today. :D He didn't message me that he was finished setting the stones before he went ahead and engraved the ring and inset the stones inside the band, which is a little bit of a bummer as I was still kind of deciding on how to go about it (I like what he did with the engraving but I was contemplating leaving out the inset stones... No harm done).

Anyways... Here ya go! I won't be proposing until September so no pics of the ring on the (hopefully) soon to be fiance's finger yet.

ovalpear.jpg

ovalpear1.jpg

ovalpear3.jpg

ovalpear4.jpg

ovalpear5.jpg

ovalpear6.jpg

ovalpear7.jpg

ovalpear8.jpg

ovalpear10.jpg

ovalpear11.jpg

ovalpear12.jpg

ovalpear13.jpg

ovalpear14.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Do you love it?

I promise she won't be worried about whatever little detail you wanted to go over with David.

Looks exactly like her style as you have described it. Too bad she has to wait until September!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully!! She's going to LOVE it!! :love: :appl:

fixall

Rough_Rock
Niel|1459341716|4013049 said:
Beautiful! Do you love it?

I promise she won't be worried about whatever little detail you wanted to go over with David.

Looks exactly like her style as you have described it. Too bad she has to wait until September!

I do love it. :) I personally think it would look better with a more oblong diamond... But my girlfriend is definitely not a fan of those dimensions... And hey, I'm not wearing it, lol.

fixall

Rough_Rock
Also... I meant to ask. What is the best way to go about insuring something like this? Is standalone insurance policy usually a better option than adding it to our rental insurance?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fixall|1460454912|4018215 said:
Also... I meant to ask. What is the best way to go about insuring something like this? Is standalone insurance policy usually a better option than adding it to our rental insurance?
I like a stand alone so you're not making claims to your dental insurance if something happens. Inuse jewelers mutual.

fixall

Rough_Rock
Niel|1460460843|4018232 said:
fixall|1460454912|4018215 said:
I like a stand alone so you're not making claims to your dental insurance if something happens. Inuse jewelers mutual.

Excellent, I'll check them out as soon as I get in for an appraisal.

Now that this is pretty much all done... I have to say, I am shocked by how much money you can save by shopping online. I figured I would save a little doing it this way... But a comparable ring from a brick and mortar store is a good $2000+ more than what I paid. Insane.

Thank you all SO much for all the help you have provided. Going in, I thought this was going to be extremely stressful. You wonderful people on this forum have turned this into a fun experience.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize my previous post was nonsensical, so I'm glad you decided it. :lol: !

I'm so glad you enjoyed the experience! Nice to know you'll be giving her something you love and made with love.

I hope you'll show us photos of it on her hand when the time comes

fixall

Rough_Rock
Niel|1460585288|4018976 said:
I realize my previous post was nonsensical, so I'm glad you decided it. :lol: !

I'm so glad you enjoyed the experience! Nice to know you'll be giving her something you love and made with love.

I hope you'll show us photos of it on her hand when the time comes

Haha, I got what you were saying. :)

I'll definitely post some hand shots after the proposal!

fixall

Rough_Rock
So... The proposal is coming up REALLY soon (we fly out from Washington state and head to New York on May 15th!), so I took the ring to be cleaned and inspected at a local jeweler. It's been in the box since I received it, but I wanted to make sure it's as sparkly as possible for the proposal. Unfortunately they informed me that they couldn't place it in their ultrasonic machine because after inspecting it (done in front of me), they said nearly every single halo stone was loose.

Pretty bummed out right now. :( I just sent Mr. Klass an e-mail in hopes of getting this sorted out.

fixall

Rough_Rock
David Klass just got back to me and informed me that "if another jeweler has worked with one of my rings I do not take any responsibility for damage..." and that all the stones were tightly set by hand before shipment.

WTF?!?!?! I've had no work done to this ring. It's been sitting in a box in my safe for the last several months waiting for the proposal in May. I took it into the jeweler to have it cleaned so it would be as sparkly as possible for the proposal (the cleaning wasn't even needed, I just wanted everything to be perfect). The Jeweler looked at it under the light for a few seconds in front of me and then said it couldn't be cleaned because the halo stones were too loose.

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm it's also very possible that this jeweler is trying to scare you to get you to purchase something from him....I wouldn't freak out just yet. I'd take it to a different jeweler or an appraiser if there's one in your area. DK wouldn't have sent you a ring with all stones loose...and if so many were actually loose, you'd likely also hear rattling.

fixall

Rough_Rock
I just touched all of the halo stones with a soft dental pick (no pressure just touching) and can see a lot of movement in at least three of the halo stones. One of them can easily spin in place with no force.

*Edit

Mr. Klass just got back to me again and told me to send the ring in and he'll make sure everything is tight and that I get it back in time. :)

I gotta say... The timely responses are nice. I can't imagine many other jewelers would have this taken care of so quickly when it's after business hours. Great service. :)

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very strange if the ring hasn't been touched...regardless, I'm glad it will be resolved quickly and in time for your upcoming proposal!

fixall

Rough_Rock
That's very strange if the ring hasn't been touched...regardless, I'm glad it will be resolved quickly and in time for your upcoming proposal!

Yea... We live so far away from family, I haven't even been able to show it off my mom or anything, so it's just been chillin' waiting for the moment, lol. I guess I should have taken a better look at it when I received it but I didn't even know what to look for... I was just dazzled and super pleased by sparkles, lol. I am sooo thankful that I noticed the jeweler was offering free cleanings so I am able to get this taken care of in time!

fixall

Rough_Rock
Mr. Klass received the ring on Monday, had his setter work on it, and then shipped it out with an overnight delivery yesterday (Tuesday) and it will be here by 10am today. :) Pretty fantastic service!

He said some of the prongs had been lifted and suggested it could have possibly been done by the jeweler who was going to clean it. The jeweler had it for under a minute so it would have had to have been done very quickly... But at the same time, I feel like I would have noticed the loose stones when I first inspected the ring (one stone in particular was loose enough that I could see movement by just wiggling the ring). In the future if I want a cleaning, I think I'll just be sending it back to Mr. Klass.

Less than two weeks until the proposal! I'll be sure to post pics afterwards!

fixall

Rough_Rock
So... She said yes! :D

We stayed two nights in a Gotham Corner Suite at the William Vale in Brooklyn (can't recommend this enough if you want an excellent view of the Manhattan skyline). The original plan was to propose near the Flatiron Building before we went to a showing of Wicked.... But it was just waaaay too packed with people at the time and it just didn't feel right. I ended up proposing on the Brooklyn Bridge before we went to dinner at The River Cafe. Two EXTREMELY nice people even recorded the whole proposal and sent us the video. On the way home a stranger upgraded our seats to first class (made a HUGE difference flying all the way from NY to Seattle)! My girlfrie... Fiance(!) absolutely LOVES the ring and is still looking at it every few minutes and saying she can't believe it, lol.

Thank you so much for all the help you all have provided me with!

18557142_1528588387175337_1657913070477095375_n.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous!!!!!! :love::love::love: Congratulations!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! It looks beautiful on her!

fixall

Rough_Rock
Thank you! The pear side-stones are much more defined when you look at it in person, but they don't show up to well in pictures. The craziest thing is the lack of color! When she holds it up next to one of the old diamond rings I purchased her (which has a G colored stone), the old ring almost looks yellow.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and thanks for the tip!
It looks so white and brilliant on her finger.

fixall

Rough_Rock
Congratulations and thanks for the tip!
It looks so white and brilliant on her finger.

Thank you!

I think this pic may have turned out a bit better. I'll try to post some better ones once we get settled, but we're still recovering from our "vacation" for the time being, lol.

IMG_2115.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results